Will MVP ever see the light as world champion?

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
We all know the WWE career road of MVP. Two-time U.S. champion, longest reigning U.S. championship in Smackdown history (11 months!), former tag team champion with Matt Hardy...all on Smackdown! And after MVP was drafted (more like traded) to RAW, his career has gone south of nowhere.

On RAW MVP dropped by U.S. belt to Kofi Kingston leaving us thinking and feeling like he was going to big and better places that was the WWE main event scene. But after that MVP sevred more like a babysitter to Mark Henry during there tag team run. So really MVP went to this valley called RAW to go to die as a mid-card wrestler!?

So now a year later MVP is back on Smackdown! Where the only place MVP can be in the main event is in a tag team match with a top main eventer (Undertaker, Mysterio, Big Show). So really my question is not only do you think that MVP will be in the main event scene (solo), and will MVP be a world champion? I say yes!

And as far as comparing MVP to Booker T. How long did it take Booker T to become a world champion in both WCW and the WWE?? Some years. So think about it.

No. Swagger, Big Show, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, and CM Punk will dominate the world title picture on Smackdown. MVP is a mid card guy, and I don't think he'll be elevated to main event status any time soon or in the future. Smackdown has a good amount of main event worthy guys, and even with The Undertaker on the shelf right now, there's still a very good chance MVP won't be put into the world title picture. He's just not that good. His matches are usually terrible, and the last feud he had that was remotely entertaining is the one with Matt Hardy.

As a face,
Seriously doubt it

But as half man,
Half machine,
Half amazing
There's a bright light there

His whole face genre,
Made it from the streets to big time,
True but borring
It's been done a thousand times over
But the 3 Halves MVP is gold,
& Never been done b4
It's championship material

Agree with the post above that as a face you'll never see it. There were rumors of turning him heel a couple weeks ago. To be honest even as a heel, I don't see him elevating his character above Jack Swagger or CM Punk to the point they put him as their number one heel.

I think MVP has a lot of charisma and is very entertaining, just don't see him passing that line. I'll never say never, but it'd probably take some serious re-packaging of his character to get me interested enough to see how he's going elevate over Punk and Swagger (or Rey and Taker as a face)

Let me make this as clear as possible NOT WHILE HE IS A FACE ever since he dropped the heel role his career was thrown in the toilet. But raw is also to blame for putting him in that idiotic loosing streak angle. I believe that MVP never realy recovered from that. Even if he in some how some way got himself over as the half man half A-MAZING, he would still be in the shit hole as on smackdown at the moment big show is the top face. Think about that. BIG SHOW AS YOUR TOP FUCKING FACE!!!. How in the hell is MVP ment to get over as a main eventer when the top good guy you have is the big show:suspic:

I don't think MVP is gonna become a world champion, at any given time, face or heel.

WWE has plenty of talent right now that could make a much better fit in the main event scene as opposed to MVP, and it's not necessarily because of his face turn, because even as a heel he wouldn't have graced the main event scene because of the talent there's available.

MVP will most likely remain at the mid-card / upper mid-card, doing things like Shelton Benjamin, or John Morrison have been doing thus far, doing tag teams and mid-card championships.

WWE is pushing younger talent to the main event scene right now, filling up for the future, and because of that it leaves out the potential of MVP getting up there.

So no MVP will never be a world champion.

MVP definetly has the potential to be in the mainevent. He has the potential to be win the world heavyweight champion. But so does William Regal. If the WWE wouldn't bury all the guys with potential the main event scene would be more interesting. But MVP defenitly needs to turn heel again. When he was a heel his promos were alot better he got alot of heel heat and he actually looked like a guy that was goin to win a world champion in the future. But he got buried on raw and look where he's at now. Absolutely no where. So as of right now I don't think MVP will win a world championship. Unless there is a big suprise and he wins the money in the bank because right now that's his only hope.

I believe MVP has all the tools to be a world champion, only if he becomes a bad guy. MVP was way better and more believable when he was half man, half amazing. His feuds with Hardy, and Benoit were really good.

Smackdown only has Swagger, Punk, and .... yup thats it, as there top heels. Ok i guess Drew but he is BORING. I think MVP should be the third guy. Put him in a tag team with Ray. Let them have a good run, theN have MVP turn on him. Smackdown needs the old MVP back. MVP needs the old MVP back.

If MVP is ever to get a legit shot in the main event scene, he'll be a heel. His gimmick is towards the heel side and he got his best reactions as a heel. He puts on nice matches at times and his promos aren't bad. SmackDown is his home and he should never have left to die on Raw. It's a shame too, but I hope he does get at least a shot at the gold.

Possibly as a heel. His ballin' taunt is over, but that's about it. As a heel he got some good heat. He should go back to the 'Power Ranger' attire and start insulting the crowd and being arrogant again. Maybe play up the 10 years in prison history from a different angle, not as a corny success story but to say he's tougher than everyone else, including the crowd.

MVP is really an enigma. Not like Jeff Hardy was an enigma. No! He is more like the enigma that will never do anything of substance.

When he was US Champion for all those months, I recall tuning into Smackdown and just being happy that he was playing his part so well. He was good on the mic and he definitely had a gimmick that would have worked if he had kept with it. The “Highest paid Smackdown superstar” angle could have worked but it just got lost in the fold somewhere. As a heel, he was definitely one of the most competitive guys I have seen on Smackdown. His feud with Matt Hardy was enthralling and I what’s more, I enjoyed seeing it. However, when he got drafted to Raw, he really lost momentum. People have commented that Raw is where mid-card talent goes to die and I completely agree when it comes to MVP.

On Raw, he was never anything special and if you had asked me if he would have been successful on Raw and made it into the main event, I probably would have slapped you for stupidity. However, now that he is back on Smackdown, he definitely has a chance to go on and make something of himself. He is not being held back by the huge main event scene on Raw that he will never break into and he is not so bad that I wouldn’t buy him coming into the Smackdown main event scene. I picture him with the World Heavyweight Championship and it seems like a realistic possibility. However, not as a face. He really has nothing as a face and I hate the gimmick he was running with The Miz. The “I’ve cleaned up my act” angle was completely stale and killed his momentum.

In my opinion, he needs to go back to being a heel and just doing what he does best and that is being an annoying prick. If he does that with the same gusto and charm as he did with his US title run, I can certainly see him being a World Heavyweight Champion.

I would like to see MVP doing the "I am tougher than you" gimmick, he could get some of the fans into the ring and start beating them up, I think he would draw great heat from this. But, I don't know if this is a main-event gimmick.

P.S: I don't see MVP being world champion anytime soon, but never say never

Let me make this as clear as possible NOT WHILE HE IS A FACE ever since he dropped the heel role his career was thrown in the toilet. But raw is also to blame for putting him in that idiotic loosing streak angle. I believe that MVP never realy recovered from that. Even if he in some how some way got himself over as the half man half A-MAZING, he would still be in the shit hole as on smackdown at the moment big show is the top face. Think about that. BIG SHOW AS YOUR TOP FUCKING FACE!!!. How in the hell is MVP ment to get over as a main eventer when the top good guy you have is the big show:suspic:

I will agree with you that the moment he was traded to Raw his career was thrown in the toilet and as a serious MVP fan the guy never got what I felt he deserved on Raw there were hints and teases of a feud with Randy earlier on but nothing ever occured. Then he lost the Title to Kofi which I didn't agree with while Ill agree both are not the best on the mic but MVP is better than Kofi. (my opinion) Athletically kofi is good. Then he was stuck with Mark henry and then stuck on Superstars. I will also agree with your point about the current top stars and him not surpassing that because of who they are. But if they can give Jack Swagger A world Title run why not MVP (because in my opinion his title run sucked) he is better on the Mic and good in the ring he could actually get over with the fans or under the fans skins if he was a heel. (just depends) Just listen to the responses he gets when he comes out on smackdown compared to when he was on raw

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back