What's going to happen with MVP?

Crush1

Getting Noticed By Management
It seems that the creative team finaly has gotten their heads straight about what to do with MVP. Now that he's sure to keep on winning and gaining more popularity, I'm wondering what kind situation and feuds are going to take place involving MVP. There are a lot of Mid-Carders on Smackdown that could feud with MVP and I think that MVP is in for a big Push. He could feud with the likes of Benjamin and R-Truth and get his stepping stone for more momentum. But as of now I see a couple of options for him that I think is most likely to happen.

1 Will he be the US champion again?
2 Will he win Money In The Bank? Or
3 Will he step into the Main Event Scene?

From all of those options I think that number 2 is the most likely to happen, because creative has been high on MVP for a long while. And at the grand daddy of them all MVP could be elevated into the MVP. But before the grand show he should be involved in a feud with a midcarder. There are a lot of options such as, Benjamin, R-Truth, Umaga, Kennedy, Morrison, Miz, Brian Kendrick, Ezekiel Jackson. Being involved with these mid-carders will surely give MVP more momentum for him to win MITB. But for now i'm speculating too much. But I want to know what you're ideas are on what's going to happen with MVP.

Feel Free To Discuss.

I think all 3 will happen in the order that you put them. I think MVP will beat Shelton for the US title in the upcoming weeks to give him some momentum, then he will be put in the money in the bank match & possibly win it this year which gives him a shit load of momentum & then after wrestlemania he starts beating legit contenders to build him to the main event scene. I don't know that's what I think will happen with MVP.

All three go hand in hand I guess. Now it's no secret how much I dislike Benjamin, so I would quite like him to drop the US title. It makes logical sense to do it to the guy who has held it the longest in its WWE tenure.

Regarding MITB, again I can see this happening. Remember the ending of last years? It was MVPs FTW and then Matt Hardy came out and cost him it. Ignore whatever happened to give him the losing streak, MVP was on the verge of the Main Event and winning this match would take him back to where he was last year. If you win MITB you go to being a main eventer, that's the way it goes.

I agree, the second one is most likely to happen. Now that his awful losing streak is behind him, he should get a qualifying match for the "Money in the Bank" ladder match at this year's WrestleMania. When he took part in the WWE Championship Scramble match at Unforgiven last year, I thought that was the start of his main-event push, but nothing happened after that, similar to what happened to The Brian Kendrick. I feel that he may win the US Championship before going on the main-event scene, but he has had quite a few matches with Shelton Benjamin already. I wouldn't mind seeing them on PPV for the championship, in fact I'd love it, but I know some people wouldn't enjoy the repitition. If MVP qualifies for this year's "Money in the Bank" ladder match, I believe that he will win it. Then again, I predicted the same outcome at WrestleMania 24, lol.

I see it going one of two ways, with it all depending on the draft.

If he's going to stay on Smackdown! post-Wrestlemania then I see him taking the US title from Shelton Benjamin and the WWE Creative team allowing him to hold it for a while as he can work on his character, his wrestling, his promo's, etc. Then when they feel he is ready, he'll probably drop the belt and move on to the main event scene.

Or, if plans are to move him post-Wrestlemania to a different show then he could win MITB and challenge whomever he wants for one of the top titles on the brands. I really don't think he'll win MITB this year though, after Rey's performance in the EC I think they will give that honor to him. But I believe if MVP moves to ECW he could immediatly jump into contention for the ECW Title and feud with Christian, who will be winning it at Wrestlemania.

That could be quite a good feud, and those two could put on some good matches. Holding the ECW title will get MVP ready for the World or WWE title, and allow Christian to go to one of the main shows when he loses it to MVP.

This is tricky. There are many options to do with MVP.

1) He wins the US title and is pushed as the upper midcarder on Smackdown until he drops the title and breaks out into the main event scene, essentially replicating his previous position in the company when he dropped it to Matt Hardy and began having matches with Batista.

2) He's drafted over to Raw and is pushed as an upper midcarder that doesn't win the IC title because he's already feuding with someone like Jericho or whomever is still there after the draft.

3) He's drafted over to ECW where he eventually wins the ECW title by the end of the year. This gives him a test run with a major title to see if he can carry a brand. Although, to be honest, I think this spot is more likely going to go to Kennedy than MVP. MVP is much more trustworthy.

4) He, Shelton, and John Morrison are the only 3 options I feel to win the Money in the Bank this year, and while I think Morrison is the guy to bet on, I wouldn't be surprised if MVP or Shelton won it.

5) For some unknown reason, he DOESN'T make it into the main event plateau, but as it stands right now, that doesn't look like the case.

Personally, since I don't know what the draft will bring, I'd prefer to see either him or Kennedy as the top ECW guy and the other one be pushed as an upper midcarder similar to the spot that Punk and Mysterio are in on Raw right now. I don't think MVP is ready for the WHC or WWE title yet. He needs one or two major feuds with big talent before he'll convince me.

I would love to see him win Money in the Bank but no question he is about to win the US title again, seems to be over a little with fans, starting to hear MVP chants more and more every week on Smackdown

Well considering he seems to currently be in a feud with Shelton Benjamin and Chavo Guerrero and with six weeks remaining until WM Here is my outline for MVP on each of the three brands depending on where he ends up after WM. My plan if you will.

Smackdown

A.)Triple Threat Match for US title vs Chavo/Shelton

Wins United States Championship after pinning Chavo.

B.)MITB Ladder Match

Doesn't win. Morrison or Mysterio does.

C.) Has lengthy US title run to prove his worth once he's ready he moves onto WWE Championship matches with HHH,Edge,Jeff etc. If he's not ready he stays in Midcard and feuds with R-Truth,Shelton etc. or moves onto ECW.

Raw

A.)Triple Threat Match for US title vs Chavo/Shelton

Shelton pins Chavo to retain US title.

B.)MITB Ladder Match

Wins.

C.) Holds MITB briefcase while feuding with Raw's midcard talent at first including an Intercontinental Championship run. Feuds with upper midcard talent during later part of year.Cashes in at WM 26 and wins WHC from whoever is champion.Possibly Jericho...???

ECW

Doesn't win either the Triple Threat or MITB ladder match.

Moves to ECW during draft and wins ECW title from Christian. Christian moves to Raw. MVP runs with belt and they gauge if hes ready for ME after ECW title run.

The more I see of this the more unsure I am. Chavo was thrown inth the US title picture out of nowhere just when MVP was looking like a lock for the belt. The more challengers someone has, typically that means the more likely that they keep the belt. With Christian and Dreamer being the top faces on ECW, I can't imagine MVP going there. Punk rules the Raw midcard along with Kofi, so he more or less has to stay on Smackdown. I could see a three wway feud with Shelton, but he keeps the US title at Mania, until MVP wins it at Backlash or the show after that.

I'm going for MVP to move to RAW. I think he's exhausted a lot of fueds on SD! already, and while there are some fresh faces for him to fued with, such as Triple H, he needs a change of scenery. I can see him fitting on RAW quite well. He could be thrown into the IC Title scene straight away and do fine. He could be mega-pushed onto the WHC & do equally as fine. He can handle himself & I fully expect him to move at the draft, and perhaps become champion by SummerSlam.

So doesn't any one even care about MVP? Why MITB? Have you seen an MVP match you actually really liked? Really though if you have, name them, cause I wanna know which ones. I don't know if he will do any of those three things. Benjamin is better championship material. The person who wins MITB has ALWAYS went on to win the belt, so that means MVP would somehow become champion within a year. I guess the third one is most likely. If someway throughout this year his character developes better, the people are receptive, and he gets more time in the ring, than he might have a chance at that one.

So doesn't any one even care about MVP? Why MITB? Have you seen an MVP match you actually really liked? Really though if you have, name them, cause I wanna know which ones. I don't know if he will do any of those three things. Benjamin is better championship material. The person who wins MITB has ALWAYS went on to win the belt, so that means MVP would somehow become champion within a year. I guess the third one is most likely. If someway throughout this year his character developes better, the people are receptive, and he gets more time in the ring, than he might have a chance at that one.
I completely agree with you. He may have been waiting for a push for a long time, and he is good on the mic, but he wrestles no higher than at a lower mid-card level. Give the MITB to someone that can actually wrestle (e.g R-Truth).

I think he should be pushed a step higher in 2009, whether it is winning MITB or not, he has all the tools to be the type of guy who could hang with the likes of The Rock, im going on the record to say that MVP will be the big story in 2009, get with it homeslice :O

I like MVP, and the WWE really pushed his losing streak rather badly. It would have been much more entertaining to have seen MVP lose to "real" talent. Some of his losses were to weaker opponents. His matches became predictable. Perhaps a strong small feud with Vladmir would have been ok. Especially if they were trying to push MVP as a face. Maybe even a strong feud with Kennedy, or even Umaga. If not feuds then thats the type of card talent he should have been losing to.

I think MVP needs to step up to Edge, and Vickie. (Kayfabe) Re-sign the largest contract in SD history. MVP asks her for a shot at her man's title, and she agrees, because she has more to worry now with RAW the A-list show. Edge panics a little bit, but then Vickie reminds Edge that MVP hasn't been on a winning streak. Obviously it would go over as MVP's luck hasn't been in his favor. Thus, Edge blowing off MVP as a sure competitor.

Finally the match happens on SD. Basically, Mr. Kennedy returns as costs MVP his title. Why Kennedy? Simple I think he, and MVP would or could make a particular storyline rather interesting. Do any of you remember the commercials for the olympics in which there were two men Dave, and Dan? They were constantly trying to build those two up in so many ways.

MVP/Kennedy are exactly those two men. Kennedy interupts MVP's big time title chance and spoils it because there is no way in hell MVP wins a world title before him. That could be half of the storyline is that Kennedy feels as though he has paid more dues than MVP, and that MVP is the reason Kennedy wasn't in that title match against Edge. Kennedy could say that MVP has brought that athlete swagger to the wrestling industry, and is making it all about money, and not cmopetition.

Thus, sparking a personal feud with Mr. Kennedy. These two are the Stockton/Malone of the WWE or the Dan/Dave of the WWE. I would prefer the latter. MVP needs that strong storyline that carries him slowly to the main event. I feel he is still about two years away.

I think MVP needs to step up to Edge, and Vickie. (Kayfabe) Re-sign the largest contract in SD history. MVP asks her for a shot at her man's title, and she agrees, because she has more to worry now with RAW the A-list show.

i like your idea, but why throw kennedy in the mix? this would kinda turn him heel again, and imo there is no way that this happens right now.

i think that mvp will win the us title, hold it for a while, and eventually will move up the card then. i would love to see him win mitb, but i'm not that sure yet if he will. but let's see who will be in that match ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back