The Lilypad

Kermit

the Frog
Frog+-+kermit.jpg

Pick my brain, ask me questions, hear my ideas, and share your own. I have a plethora of thoughts constantly running through my brain and I would love to share them. Of course I will not share any spoilers or give any feedback to individual RPs before the shows go up. Besides that, ask/discuss/share away.

Cheers,
Kermit

A couple flies to digest for all of you:

*For this round, I would give the overall RP quality a grade of C+.

*For weeks months, I have been racking my brain on something to reward people for RPing on time, doing feedback, doing show reviews, and just being active overall. I keep going back to a collection type of system. My general thought would be to use "trading cards" or "trophies" as I have mentioned in the past. I just have this vision of people earning points for being active and then using those points to purchase "booster packs" in hopes of getting rare cards or trophies. However, I am caught on the graphic stage of development. I have little time to sit down and do all of it with my current load. Plus, I don't want to put out lame graphics. I want it to be cool, and I want people to actually want to collect the rewards each week. In a perfect world it would probably be something like the trophy system from SuperSmash where people would have different poses. Think of a first, second, and third edition of Showtime. And then an edition of Showtime with the belt. You would just have to collect them all! Anyways... just a random thought from my brain.

Thoughts on Holmes, myself as a creative member, our feud and all things Holmes. That's the personal/selfish bit out of the way, now a less self-involved one.

Favourite feud not involving yourself and favourite match you've written?

Thoughts on Holmes, myself as a creative member, our feud and all things Holmes. That's the personal/selfish bit out of the way, now a less self-involved one.

Steven Holmes - Holmes is like dry wine in that he is an acquired taste. It takes more than just one read of him to appreciate the type of work you churn out on a bi-weekly basis. In that I can say that you one of the most consistent RPers in staying on track with your character's personality. I'll admit that there are times where he can be long-winded in promos, but I think he fits right in the position that he is currently at as #1 contender. However, I am looking to see how you size-up to Show at LL in order to gauge on where exactly I would rank you among some of the best.

Creative Member - I always think of you and Show as "yield" guys. Which is perfect for someone like me who just spits out a load of ideas. Then we have you and Show who say, "Okay, this is a neat idea, but let's look at how this sizes up in the grand scheme of things." You are both very smart in that regard, and I appreciate the balance you two bring.

Our Feud - I think most people have probably forgotten about it because of how short it was, but I just can't forget it. The feud will forever be remembered by me as the time that a year long angle of AoC's payoff exploded in my face. I felt a ton of pressure to take my win over Ty at Redemption and turn it into something big, but I crumbled, and crumbled, and crumbled. To be honest your win really gut-checked me as a RPer. After that, the loss and the constant criticism by others of my character made me not even want to write for him and it showed in my RPs. I would eventually turn heel and regained the groove I had back when I was in AoC. Had I stayed face, I feel like we might have picked up on the AoN cycle or KC. Oh, I also felt like we got shafted in our match at Apocalypse. No offense to Ech (sorry, but it's true), but our match didn't feel special at all. It felt like a really bland TV match.

Favourite feud not involving yourself and favourite match you've written?

Favorite Feud - Man, this is a tough one. I am not trying to suck up, but Holmes vs. Dave was definitely one of the most memorable in my mind. I think MoM vs. RRR and Stan Rogers vs. Showtime would be close behind.

Favorite Match - It would probably be a toss-up between the 4-Way HIAC at this past year's Unscripted, Alhazred Thrusting, Saxton vs. Beard, and the final part of LL from last year.

Going to be generic here, what are your general thoughts on me, Saxton, and my work?

Less generic, what are your thoughts on WZCW's way of doing things? That is, the competitive RPing that can control angles.

You're a fellow No Mercy fan - Would you ever consider joining a No mercy eFed?

Which of the voices I use in my RP is your favourite? Does the voice I use for any of the characters affect your perception of them?

How does me effectively submitting 2 radically different RPs per show affect your judging process?

Do you see anyone else doing vocal RPs on a regular basis? If that happened, how do you think it would affect the fed?

Going to be generic here, what are your general thoughts on me, Saxton, and my work?

Doc - You are a pretty good guy. I have enjoyed our chats on Skype. Your activity here and criticism is greatly appreciated by myself. Other then that I don't venture outside of WZCW too often, so that is all I can really comment on.

Saxton & Your Work - You have re-shaped the tag division with your work with Sab and set an unprecedented standard for what it means to compete for the belts with longevity. However, I think you have outgrown the tag titles, and I feel like you could be competing for belts of higher prestige. That is just my two cents. You are probably in the top three of current active RPers that I love to read.

Less generic, what are your thoughts on WZCW's way of doing things? That is, the competitive RPing that can control angles.

I love it. I probably wouldn't stick around if we dropped the voting aspect. That is coming from someone who has lost title opportunities because of it too. E.g. I probably could of secured a spot in the HIAC at Unscripted even after my loss at Apocalypse, but I believe I suggested to do the Battle Royal instead, or at least was behind the idea. The same Battle Royal that Titus beat me by one vote to go on and nearly beat Showtime at Unscripted. I think if it had been story-line driven then you would of probably put Chris in that HIAC. It already had Showtime and Drake (who were feuding), and then Holmes (who Chris was currently feuding with).

To me it just creates something different and allows people like Saboteur to come in and break Ty's undefeated streak, or Cooper to beat Constantine and Chris K.O. in one night. I love the curve balls that it throws us and how creative has to react to them. It just makes everything more fun.

You're a fellow No Mercy fan - Would you ever consider joining a No mercy eFed?

Maybe in the distant future, but for now I have too much on my plate. I graduate from college in May! :lol2:

What species is Elmo?

Red?

Which of the voices I use in my RP is your favourite? Does the voice I use for any of the characters affect your perception of them?

Smoke, if I had to pick one. Yeah, mainly because I associate the voices with different characters from other forms of media. For example, I kept thinking of Lord Voldemort when I listened to your RPs this round. Mainly the smoke, but they all kind of have a hint of his speech.

How does me effectively submitting 2 radically different RPs per show affect your judging process?

For me? No. I'll be honest and say that I am not a big fan of them. I know that I have told you that before through PMs. I still cannot imagine why you would try to rely on them whenever your writing is so good.

Do you see anyone else doing vocal RPs on a regular basis? If that happened, how do you think it would affect the fed?

I hope not. I am a bit more conservative in my mind, but I think the fed should remain a text-based fed only. Things like photo-shopped pictures with words and limited usage of images to enhance RPs are fine, but there is something different about vocals. Don't worry though, I think that I am in the minority when it comes to the issue.

Thoughts and emotional feelings about me please.

Had there not been an uproar about KO at Unscripted do you think Chris could have continued as a face?

Thoughts and emotional feelings about me please.

I nominated you this year as the most improved poster and I think you fully deserved a shot at winning it. Personally, I am glad that you found your niche with Krypto. I don't think it was as much of Doc & JGlass's doing as everyone makes it out to be, but I definitely think they helped you in terms of exposure and turning the wheels of the "goofiness" that we have come to love. I said this long ago and I will stick to it. I still think you could be something really special if you developed a more realistic character. Don't let that discourage you though, because I think you are doing just fine as Krypto.

Had there not been an uproar about KO at Unscripted do you think Chris could have continued as a face?

Yes. The thing is is that it is hard to always have what you do in your RP translated onto the shows properly. People were complaining over things that I had already covered in my RPs. Chris was suffering under the pressure of being the one who banished Ty Burna. "Project Clean", which was Chris as the White Knight, was a product of Ian, Chris's agent, who innocently tried to make Chris a super-hero. However, people took the on-screen portrayal of it as an egotistical "savior" character. I could tell by the bulk of people's criticisms that they had not even read my RPs. The damage was already done though and I couldn't enjoy or write the character because I felt like everything I did or was put on screen to do was bashed and bashed.

In hindsight I am okay with being heel now. I know that I can write better as a heel anyways, but I never got to flesh out what I wanted to do with Chris as a face.

Yes. The thing is is that it is hard to always have what you do in your RP translated onto the shows properly. People were complaining over things that I had already covered in my RPs. Chris was suffering under the pressure of being the one who banished Ty Burna. "Project Clean", which was Chris as the White Knight, was a product of Ian, Chris's agent, who innocently tried to make Chris a super-hero. However, people took the on-screen portrayal of it as an egotistical "savior" character. I could tell by the bulk of people's criticisms that they had not even read my RPs. The damage was already done though and I couldn't enjoy or write the character because I felt like everything I did or was put on screen to do was bashed and bashed.

In hindsight I am okay with being heel now. I know that I can write better as a heel anyways, but I never got to flesh out what I wanted to do with Chris as a face.

I think the initial criticism was that of the live audiences reaction, as it was put "on giving that speech K.O should've been boo'd out of the building," which is fairly accurate as it did come off as hugely arrogant. The problem with face wrestlers in 2013 is that they can always been seen as heelish in certain ways, taking the fed for example you've got Showtime who is where he is on the back of manipulation and even Titus, who made it rather clear he'd rather be chasing titles than fighting the AOC. So to come out and say "I'll White Knight for you" shouldn't go over well. Regardless of why he's done that, the people in the stadium have no idea that he's been pushed into it and the whole speech was "heel 101."

The heel turn of Chris K.O was one of the best handled I've seen though, as it was a proper evolution of trying to do the right thing turned into villainous behaviour by the reaction of the fans (the other RP'ers in non kayfabe terms), aka proper supervillian, and I really think it needed to happen and its done wonders for you as well. So kudos for that.

Where do you hope to be by Kingdom Come?

I don't think booking Krypto is something that's very easy to do around here. Which is why I ask what would you do with him in the future.

If you can't write for KO anymore, what current character would you want to?

I think the initial criticism was that of the live audiences reaction, as it was put "on giving that speech K.O should've been boo'd out of the building," which is fairly accurate as it did come off as hugely arrogant. The problem with face wrestlers in 2013 is that they can always been seen as heelish in certain ways, taking the fed for example you've got Showtime who is where he is on the back of manipulation and even Titus, who made it rather clear he'd rather be chasing titles than fighting the AOC. So to come out and say "I'll White Knight for you" shouldn't go over well. Regardless of why he's done that, the people in the stadium have no idea that he's been pushed into it and the whole speech was "heel 101."

The heel turn of Chris K.O was one of the best handled I've seen though, as it was a proper evolution of trying to do the right thing turned into villainous behaviour by the reaction of the fans (the other RP'ers in non kayfabe terms), aka proper supervillian, and I really think it needed to happen and its done wonders for you as well. So kudos for that.

Now I remember why I posted all that, it was to ask you a question which I forgot while typing which is why you got the bland KC one instead.

So, how would you feel if I said that once you got past the large amount of shit that was thrown your way during that incident you've been given a HUGE gift with the heel turn imposed on you? A character turning heel because the fans legitimately turned on him has got to be damn near unheard of in an e-fed environment and has such massive potential.

Removing the vocal aspect. I know you're not massively high on the vocals, which is fair enough. Let's say I was submitting two very different written RPs per show, how would that affect your voting process?

Say for example the second RP was the script I wrote for the vocal (I have it saved, for the record). I was more curious about how having to judge two RPs vs one affects the process (I mean do you vote based on the best one, an averaged score etc.) for you.

Austin Reynolds or GM? What have you thought of my recent RPs?

Have things changed much since I left creative?

I will admit that Chris is probably more of "contender" as a heel than he was as a face.

As far as Kingdom Come, I'll use the generic answer and say that I hope to win the LL and compete for the WHC. To be quite honest, I think winning the LL is a higher honor than winning the title itself from a RP point of view.

I don't think booking Krypto is something that's very easy to do around here. Which is why I ask what would you do with him in the future.

If you can't write for KO anymore, what current character would you want to?

I would milk whatever you are doing with Alhazred for as long as you can. After that, I think you should try your hands at the tag division with a proper partner.

If I had to pick someone I would probably choose Rush.

- Thoughts on Smith and me as an RP'er?
- Picks for the Lottery? Any dark horses?
- Five favorite characters in the fed?

Smith and as an RPer - Your run right now eclipses anything you have done in the past. You've turned a rather bland character into something interesting. I think your success has been well deserved. I do think it might be time for Rush and Smith to part ways or to at do something besides just exist as an alliance. Whatever it is, it is imperative that Smith looks like an equal.

Lottery Picks - In no particular order: Drake, Saxton, Barbosa, or S.H.I.T. As far as dark horses go, I would probably say Smith, Reese, and Califa. Really, S.H.I.T. is a dark horse too. In terms of being in the upper echelon of writers and the amount of praise he gets, he is seriously underrated.

Fav Five - If I had to pick, I'll choose in terms of characters I highly enjoy reading at the moment as opposed to just enjoy reading.

(Current Roster): S.H.I.T., Saxton, Reese, Runn, and Drake/Smith tied for the last spot.

(All-Time): In no particular order, Ty Burna, S.H.I.T., Susumu, Reese, and Saxton.

Now I remember why I posted all that, it was to ask you a question which I forgot while typing which is why you got the bland KC one instead.

So, how would you feel if I said that once you got past the large amount of shit that was thrown your way during that incident you've been given a HUGE gift with the heel turn imposed on you? A character turning heel because the fans legitimately turned on him has got to be damn near unheard of in an e-fed environment and has such massive potential.

I guess you are asking what I would think if I had been told that back whenever I was getting bummed out from the constant criticism? Eh, I had already played the role as heel for nearly a year in AoC. Don't get me wrong, I like being heel, but I really wanted to try something different with the face turn. I had aspirations to turn him into a medieval type of character that would eventually make a face stable that was themed as such.

My mindset was that I spent several months in my RPs plotting the downfall of Ty Burna, but playing the role as heel on-screen. It was just exhausting to see all those months of work of turning face and getting that sweet moment of vanquishing Ty Burna turned into the criticism I got. I just had different expectations, that's all. I don't know if I am making any sense.

I'm grateful that I am where I am now, but I probably just would not of seen the bigger picture back then. Not exactly sure if I answered the question.

Removing the vocal aspect. I know you're not massively high on the vocals, which is fair enough. Let's say I was submitting two very different written RPs per show, how would that affect your voting process?

Say for example the second RP was the script I wrote for the vocal (I have it saved, for the record). I was more curious about how having to judge two RPs vs one affects the process (I mean do you vote based on the best one, an averaged score etc.) for you.

I would say that almost anytime someone submits two RPs that it hurts them. Now, what you are talking about sounds like it would be another scene instead of a separate RP. I think length is the key here when it comes to grading. If you have two short scenes then I think you can get away with it benefiting you, but something too long is a drain and will most likely cause the reader to lose interest as he reads. However, I would say that you are one of the few here that could p write a long RP that would keep me interested.

Austin Reynolds or GM? What have you thought of my recent RPs?

Have things changed much since I left creative?

Who would I pick? - I would take Grand Mystique, but not by much. I think you had some gas left in the tank after RRR. I would have loved to see you try to rebuild after coming out of the tag division.

RPs - I won't comment on this round's RP, but I like what I have seen so far. Recently, you have done a good job of elevating Westhoff with your promos, but I would like to see some more origin stories revolving around Mystique. Also, there needs to some kind of revamping in the Mystique and Stormrage feud. It is starting to become a little stale. I blame the results at AoN for that.

Creative - There is some talk of ideas that are probably going to happen that are kind of big. As far as structure goes, nothing too drastic. Oh wait, I forgot about the time sheets that Falk makes us fill out now. We are required by law to watch at least 5 hours of MLP every week. Because of that I do not think Ty will be with us much longer.

Will you ever admit that being born of the green race makes you genetically inferior to whites?

Serious question time. I think it is fair to say that compared to the rest of the guys in the back, you and I aren't as accomplished. Do you ever feel inferior or like you don't belong? Because sometimes I feel that way. It still hasn't fully set in that I help run this place now.

Before the Black Dragon debacle, what did you think of Scumm? And what do you think of Thrash so far, and how far do you think I can take him?

Who would I pick? - I would take Grand Mystique, but not by much. I think you had some gas left in the tank after RRR. I would have loved to see you try to rebuild after coming out of the tag division.
I'm surprised you say this. I felt like I had nowhere to go with him.

RPs - I won't comment on this round's RP, but I like what I have seen so far. Recently, you have done a good job of elevating Westhoff with your promos, but I would like to see some more origin stories revolving around Mystique. Also, there needs to some kind of revamping in the Mystique and Stormrage feud. It is starting to become a little stale. I blame the results at AoN for that.
[/QUOTE]If the feedback against Yaz's hadnt been so fiercely negative in the back at the time, I would have proposed a different way because I know Thriller and I agreed we would bend over backwards to put Stormrage over.

I'm going to PM you about something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back