The WZCW Ask Creative Thread

Richard Blonoff

Make America Rassle Again
Hey guys, Yaz and the creative staff here. In an attempt to bridge the gap between creative and non creative members, we have decided to start a thread that allows you, the regular members, to come to us without fear of repercussion. I know in my earlier days I was afraid to ask anything of creative, and I want to change that. We will do our best to be as open and honest as possible, without giving away spoilers or discussing future plans of course.

There are a few basic rules we have, though depending on the outcome of this experiment we may change them down the road. First and foremost, this isn't a place to come and complain over losing. We won't be answering anything along the lines of "Why did I lose" or "How come X won when non creative member Y said I had a better RP" nor will be reveal who voted for who. If you would like to know if voting was close, we are willing to reveal that, so long as you don't come to us each round and ask. For future reference, please remember that if we do reveal voting numbers, that a 7-0 loss may be closer than a 4-3 loss.

We will also not be answering any questions about when the shows will be up. At the time of writing this, we are working on a separate thread to help keep you guys up to date on the shows, including any potential delays or emergencies that may come up that will delay shows.

Those rules aside, we ask that you treat us with respect, and we will share the courtesy with you. For all of us, this is a hobby. We share a common love of wrestling and writing, and as creative we do our best to bring you quality fake fake wrestling, and we understand that given the competitive environment we RP in, things can get heated. We simply ask that if you are upset over something, that you take an hour or two to cool down before asking, as it will lead to us being much less likely to respond back with anger.

We really hope this project works to pump some life back into the fed and lessen the knowledge gap between us and you.

Cheers guys!

Good idea. Can we see the Power 15 become a bi-weekly deal? I'm a fan of wrestling lists like that and I believe several here are too. If you guys need help with maintaining that, I can find the time for it.

Thought it was a cool thing to check out.

Good idea. Can we see the Power 15 become a bi-weekly deal? I'm a fan of wrestling lists like that and I believe several here are too. If you guys need help with maintaining that, I can find the time for it.

We are indeed looking at redoing the power rankings, along with some sexy graphics as well.

We are actually working on bringing back a new version of it. Dave is working on some graphics to give it some flair, but definitely expect something in the near future.

Edit: Ha!

How do you guys come up with story progression and handling?

Like, YJ split, if I don't get into the qualifier, or don't win the EA title... how do you decide where i go from there?

We take a few things into consideration, such as your position on the card, where we perceive your RP skill level to be, and who we think you would gel with. There are some instances where you will have to float for a cycle with no real direction, but we do our best to keep those to a minimum.

That said we more that encourage people to pitch their own ideas. Obviously we don't allow you to come to us and say "I wanna feud with the world champ" but we typically do our best to accommodate feuds two non creative members work out.

Hi, my name is KB and I've been asked to say this thread is a good idea. It certainly seems like it is and I'm hoping it keeps things a bit calmer around here. If something comes up with creative where you feel they're abusing their power, let me know and I'll look into it.

That being said, if you send me a stupid complaint, I will infract you so bad that Hollywood Jameson will laugh at you from beyond the grave. I do not want to hear any complaints unless they're serious issues. Talk things out with creative if you think something is wrong but for the love of all things good and holy don't pester them. If you misuse this thread and ask them about the same things they say not to, I'll consider it spam and infract you accordingly.

This thread is a good idea and something that can ease a lot of the tension that always builds up around here. Ask if you think something is wrong and let Creative explain their answer to you. If you still think they're abusing their power, come talk to me and I'll see what's going on.

KB

Have you guys considered a way to attempt to get more teams going in the fed?

This is just an idea I've had, but have you guys ever had or ever considered having a special PPV where every character puts something on the line? Ex: hair, mask, career etc. If not is there any chance that could happen? I think it'd be pretty cool to see as long as people agreed to the stips and nothing was forced on them.

Have you guys considered a way to attempt to get more teams going in the fed?

This is just an idea I've had, but have you guys ever had or ever considered having a special PPV where every character puts something on the line? Ex: hair, mask, career etc. If not is there any chance that could happen? I think it'd be pretty cool to see as long as people agreed to the stips and nothing was forced on them.

Believe me, we are always trying to get more teams. I've been here two and a half years and the tag division has been thin 95% of the time. I speak from experience, tag wrestling isn't glamorous. Even when you have a solid feud, most people don't tend to care. With the giant clusterfuck that was the tag scene this cycle, we considered tag team turmoil, and we are keeping it in our back pocket.

The problem a Luchas de Apuestas PPV is that most stipulations would feel forced. Not only that, but shaving a character bald doesn't really have an impact in our realm of kayfabe. Unscripted is likely the closest we will ever get to your idea.

How often does Creative reach out to members for storylines?

As in, Creative comes up with something for say, Mussel and pitches it to Dynamite to see if he'd like to do it?

What can you tell me about Feedback? We used to get it fairly often (with things like Rookie Symposium or just people doing Feedback for Feedback), but it seems to be pretty much non-existent. Do you guys have any ideas on how to get people more vocal with each other about RP quality? Do you guys ever PM people and tell them what you think? If you see people constantly losing or having trouble with how they're handling the whole writing thing, do you reach out so they don't get frustrated / leave?

How often does Creative reach out to members for storylines?

As in, Creative comes up with something for say, Mussel and pitches it to Dynamite to see if he'd like to do it?

What can you tell me about Feedback? We used to get it fairly often (with things like Rookie Symposium or just people doing Feedback for Feedback), but it seems to be pretty much non-existent. Do you guys have any ideas on how to get people more vocal with each other about RP quality? Do you guys ever PM people and tell them what you think? If you see people constantly losing or having trouble with how they're handling the whole writing thing, do you reach out so they don't get frustrated / leave?

If we come up with something that we worry may be out of character, we will PM the person and talk it over, but we usually try to stick with what people have used in the past. We do our best to make sure people aren't in feuds they hate, but sometimes it happens, even when you are on creative.

As far as feedback, a lot of it is dependent on regular members of the fed. It used to be done on a feedback for feedback basis. Two guys swap feedback, a way to help each other out. Why feedback has died down, I have no idea. The fed in general is going through a low point and it frustrates me, hence why I came up with this thread, as well as a few others ideas we are working on.

Typically those of us on creative only give feedback in special circumstances. It isn't that we don't want to help, but all of us have lives outside the fed on top of the creative work we do, so its hard to find time, especially when the favor is so rarely returned. From time to time some of us will reach out to people we are working with to offer a helping hand. In the end though, as dickish as it may sound, we can't hold the hand of everyone who is struggling. After KC we have some new ideas we are going to experiment with to increase interaction between creative and normal members, so hang tight until then and keep on trucking.

Going along on the feedback thought, the best way to get some is to do some feedback for other members, for two reasons:

a) If you give them feedback first, they will fell more willing/obligated to return the favor
b) Critiquing other RPs can help you to see what works and what doesn't work in an RP.

Expanding on that second one, obviously if you give Dagger feedback and like his RP, you aren't going to create a gang of people for your character to hang out with. What you can find, however, are things he does with dialogue or prose that work really well and that you can adapt to your character.

I've always been of the mind that critical, not mean-spirited, feedback is one of the most helpful things you can do in the fed, but I've never really expanded on it this much. We all want to become better writers, even if it is just to win a title in the fed. Critiquing your peers is one very easy and very effective way to do that.

Thereon Daggershield, Daddy Mack, elegant, the winner of the Battle Royale during the KC pre-show and M.

If this is about what we discussed earlier via PM, if you have any more questions, just shoot me another one.

Hahaha nah I should be fine for now, not a big enough issue to warrant a PM I just panicked for a second and thought someone else was in there too :p

Brainstorming RP ideas, had a quick question I can't seem to find a clear answer to on the boards.

What is the general procedure for using other characters and other NPCs most used by another character in RPs? Does it need to be cleared by the handler of said character/NPC?

Also, is there a list of the announce team/WZCW in-character staff somewhere, and do the same rules apply to them?

Brainstorming RP ideas, had a quick question I can't seem to find a clear answer to on the boards.

What is the general procedure for using other characters and other NPCs most used by another character in RPs? Does it need to be cleared by the handler of said character/NPC?

Also, is there a list of the announce team/WZCW in-character staff somewhere, and do the same rules apply to them?

Here's the NPC roster: http://forums.wrestlezone.com/showthread.php?t=251641

The only thing I saw that's out of date at the moment is that Becky Serra isn't a backstage interviewer anymore. Try to avoid using the GMs except in special situations, but the interviewers are always fair game. Most people don't use the announcers, but I would put them in the same category as the interviewers.

For a character that belongs to someone else, always PM them and get permission first, even if it is a non-speaking role.

In regards to other people's NPC's, it is a must that you contact the handler to ensure that they are happy that you use their character. Most people will be okay with it if you can let them read it before you post it and you use them in good spirit.

WZCW NPC's may be used in certain circumstances but I would definitely steer clear of using commentators outwith their regular occupation. If you're worried about anything your writing just send it to a member of Creative before posting and we can double check.

So this got brought up in another thread and I really liked the idea. Would it be possible for each handler to pick some of their favorite RP's of their character (maybe a top 5 or a top 10 if they have been around as that character for a while) to replace the sample RP in links in their character profile page? As an example mine's sample RP is an absolute joke at this point compared to my Apocalypse, Roulette, or Lethal Lottery RP's all of which show a good idea of Theron for those wanting to know more.

Doesn't sound bad at all. Those samples do look incredably outdated compares to actual RP's.

I second that. For guys who are new like me, this also help with their own RP ideas and to know a character better.

I fell asleep whilst writing my RP, but somehow managed to post a half incomplete version. Please could the first of my RPs in that thread be discredited, discounted or deleted? Thanks.

Just go ahead and post your full RP and someone will delete the incomplete section in due course.

EDIT: I see you already did. I'll get someone to delete the first entry for you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back