The John Tenta Memorial Invitational

Tenta

The Shark Should've Worked in WCW
Is Going To Be a Tournament that starts in The Old School Section, in which the absolute worst gimmicks are put against each other, in a tournament to decide which gimmick is the absolute worst, voted on by the posters of Wrestlezone.

What's that? I need an Admin to sign off on tournaments? Sigh. I guess you're right. There's no way I can run a tournament without the Admin's permission.

Except, you know, I could run sixteen polls, in succession, in which the winner of the poll will advance on to another poll thereafter, until we decide an ultimate winner of the polls. I dunno about you, but that sounds like a tournament to me...

Anyway, what I need from you is two things?

1. Would you be interested if I ran such a thing?

2. I need 32 gimmicks, so give me what you believe to be the worst gimmicks in the history of professional wrestling. I'll take the first thirty two, seed them as fit as need be, and we'll be on our merry way.

The 32 Gimmicks Entered Into the John Tenta Memorial Invitational

The Great Khali- Punjabi Playboy
DDP Motivational Speaker
Se7en
Beaver Cleavage
Golga
Giant Gonzales
Kurrgan
Rellik
Mantaur
Phantasio
Shockmaster
Issac Yankem
The Demon
TL Hopper
American Males
Bastion Booger
Adam Bomb
Battle Kat
Who
Max Moon
Red Rooster
Super Liger
Kizarny
The Goon
Repo Man
Glacier
Colin Delaney
Big Dick Johnson
Xanta Claus
Nailz
Gobbeldy Gooker
The Dicks
Damien Demento

The Bracket

Group 1: The Katie Vick Bracket

Golga VS. The Shockmaster
Nailz VS. Big Dick Johnson
Adam Bomb VS. The Kiss Demon
Kurrgan VS. The Giant Gonzales

Group 2: The Ed Leslie Bracket

The Great Khali VS. The Dicks
Phantasio VS. Glacier
Super Liger VS. DDP Motivational Speaker
Colin Delaney VS. TL Hopper

Group 3: The Glenn Jacobs Bracket

Xanta Claus VS. The Red Rooster
Beaver Cleavage VS. The Goon
American Males VS. Battle Kat
Rellik VS. Repo Man

The John Tenta Bracket

Issac Yankem VS. Kizarney
Max Moon VS. Bastion Booger
Gobbeldy Gooker VS. Who
Se7en VS. Damien Demento

I don't know whether you need to have the acceptance of admins or something. I believe Will made a series of threads "Finish Them" he called it and pairing finishing moves with each other. I do not know whether he got the acceptance for it although.

But if this one goes through. I'll throw in a few gimmicks: Triple H as the Connecticut Blue blood. Khali - Punjabi Playboy. Diamond Dallas Page - Motivational speaker. And that awful Golddust gimmick in WCW that you mentioned yourself in the "Worst of the worst" thread.

Ok, totally going to take Se7en, The Punjabi Playoby, Beaver Cleavage, DDP's motivational speaker.

The Blueblood gimmick, though, I wouldn't call a bad gimmick. Actually I quite rather enjoyed it, and it had a good run of getting the character over. I actually thought it was funny, if not a bit tongue in cheek. So, I'm keeping that out.

And this, we have 4 out of 32. One half of a bracket has been completed

Very well. How about that crazed dude with lots of tattoos that debuted in WWF during the Attitude Era. I believe he was marked as the worst gimmick ever.

Yes! Fucking Yes to them all, we now have 10 of the thirty man bracket filled out.

As for the gimmick you're talking about.... The Undertaker? :p

Since when did he debut in the Attitude Era? No dude some small punk looking guy. I forgot his name. Was pretty odd.

I know who he is talking about. He was like a japanese dude or something.

You mean Hakushi?

I rather enjoyed Hakushi. He was a great worker in the ring, and was pretty harmless. Wouldn't call it a bad gimmick, and if they expanded him in the slightest, he actually had the potential to be pretty good.

I'll submit, from my own memory, The Demon, TL Hopper, The Red Rooster, and Super Liger

Gonna Update the original post to include all of the names submitted into the tournament.

Just do like KB does when he draws for the WZ tournament.

Actually, yeah.... I can do it now, and I'll rip the names up as we go. This will actually probably start either tomorrow or Friday. Hell, I may get started with opening round matches tonight, pending what time I get back from teaching

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back