The John Tenta Memorial Invitational, Round One: Adam Bomb VS. The Kiss Demon

Who Wins?

• The Nuclear Waste

• Gene Simmons Worst Nightmare

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tenta

The Shark Should've Worked in WCW
The John Tenta Memorial Invitational

The following match is take place in the first round of the John Tenta Memorial Invitational, to crown the worst gimmick in the history of professional wrestling. It takes part in the Katie Vick Region, and at The TD Banknorth Garden in Boston, Massachusetts

td-banknorth-garden.jpg

08.jpg

VS.

daletorborg.jpg

Adam Bomb VS. The Kiss Demon

The match will be contested in a standard, one fall match, with no time limit. A wrestler can win the match by pinfall, submission, countout, or disqualification. Much like the Annual Wrestlezone Tournament, there's no se way in which one needs to vote for the match. This can be done either by kayfabe, or by non kayfabe. Either way, pick a winner to advance to the second round.

Voting Ends By Sunday, June 11th

I actually have a subscription to wweclassics.com. Right now they are featuring all the Full Raw's from 1995. After A-Bomb turned face, he was actually one of the most over guys in the company (not saying much with the duds this era put out)

I'm going to vote Gene Simmons knock off as the worse gimmick of the two.

Yeeeeah, I've got to go with the Kiss Demon on this one. I remember Adam Bomb actually having talent, and like Money said, he was over. The Kiss Demon? He was just, for lack of a better word, a bomb. Definitely one of the more annoying gimmicks that I've ever had to suffer through.

Kiss Demon wins, hands down.

Yep Kiss Demon wins this. The fact that they had to rip off a popular band to actually achieve anything of a gimmick. And the fact that he still didn't accomplish shit in terms of title reigns or properly getting over then.

I have to admit Tenta you truly got a handful of awful gimmicks. Half I don't even know about because they were so damn insignificant. I just have to go with Kiss Demon being the worst of the two simply because. Well he ripped off Kiss!

The gimmick was pretty stupid, but I always thought Adam Bomb had a pretty cool look. He fits pretty well into the cartoony product that the WWF was putting out at the time. Plus he was managed by the legend that is Johnny Polo at least.

The KISS Demon was just another in the long, long line of mistakes made by WCW in 1999. The wrestling alter ego of Gene Simmons??? Only Eric fuckin' Bishoff would think that's a good idea.

Kiss Demon was bad. He went on to be a trainer from the White Sox, so his gimmick was so bad, he went to baseball. I enjoyed Atom Bomb, but when I saw the demon, and I was huge into Kiss at that time, I went WTF.

The Kiss Demon wins by submission, the gimmick made me tap out just by watching it.

I don't know what WCW was thinking with this gimmick i really don't, I think Bischoff was looking at the cross over appeal but it did nothing but hinder the career of a rather average wrestler.

Even though both gimmicks had nothing in regards to appeal or even had a good run the fact is that Adam Bomb had a rather promising win streak and managed to take out alot of WWE's midcard talent before turning face.

The demon practically jobbed to the whole roster before facing a resurgance with vampiro where he was taken under the supposed mainn event heels control in his feud with sting.

At least Adam Bomb was original, at least Adam bomb had a monster heel gimmick which in todays PG era may have worked.

But the demon? really?, not even Kiss could have saved this rather annoying gimmick.

Demon all the way

I remember listening to Gene Simmons on WCW Live back in the day when the Demon debuted. He said that the plan (or maybe just hope) was to have a whole stable of wrestlers who each portrayed one of the Kiss alteregos. Thank god that the demon failed badly enough that they never got to any other ones. And weren't there two different guys who portrayed The Demon in WCW? I know Dale Torborg (sp?) was one of them, but I can't remember the other. I gotta vote for the gimmick that sucked twice here.

Gotta go with the person that Gene Simmons created (literally). Man WCW would pay people anything for publicity and this as a whole was an embarrasment from day 1. At least Adam Bomb had a decent run and after seeing that graveyard match with Vampiro, it seeled the KISS Demons fate for me pretty damn quick. The KISS demon is one of the WORST creations in the history of wrestling (Seriously, a KISS demon in '99, years and years after KISS stopped being relevant, yeah that will work).

I didn't watch much WCW when the Kiss Demon was around, but from what I've seen and read it seemed like a pretty terrible gimmick. I should note that I was an Adam Bomb mark when he was around so I can't vote him as a bad gimmick.

I may be letting the mark in me come out a little in this tournament, but it's just a fun topic about bad gimmicks so I think it's ok.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back