The John Tenta Memorial Invitational, Round 1: The Great Khali VS. The Dicks

Who Wins?

• The Punjabi Playboy

• The Two Guys Who... Well, You Get It

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tenta

The Shark Should've Worked in WCW
The John Tenta Memorial Invitational

The following match is take place in the first round of the John Tenta Memorial Invitational, to crown the worst gimmick in the history of professional wrestling. It takes part in the Ed Leslie Region, and at The Phillips Arena in Atlanta, GA

front.jpg

khali.JPG

VS.

TheDicks.jpg

The Great Khali- Punjabi Playboy VS. The Dicks

The match will be contested in a standard, one fall match, with no time limit. A wrestler can win the match by pinfall, submission, countout, or disqualification. Much like the Annual Wrestlezone Tournament, there's no se way in which one needs to vote for the match. This can be done either by kayfabe, or by non kayfabe. Either way, pick a winner to advance to the second round.

Voting Ends By Sunday, June 11th

Correct me if I'm wrong on this...

But didn't the Dicks debut in the same time period as The Heart Throbs? Not really sure what the WWE was planning on doing with the tag division at this point.. but I'm glad the train got derailed before it got speed.

If I remember right, these two were actually good athletes as well. It's sad to see the two get such a awful gimmick to the point they just got dropped to Velocity and never heard from again until the Tenta Tournament.

Kahli is awful, but at least they are at the point where they are not pushing him anymore. They only use him for the comedy segments of Raw. I almost think the Punjabi Giant was a worse gimmick than the playboy..

Vote for the Richards

Khali wasn't that bad, it was a comedic intermission...not art, but not horrid. The Dicks weren't as bad as The Johnsons in TNA, but they were close enough.

While I seriously can't stand The Great Khali. He wasn't necessarily that bad. He's just overall awful. But at least Khali got a push that got him places. He won matches over Batista, Undertaker and squashed Rey Mysterio.

Khali accomplished things. But The Dicks sure as hell didn't accomplish anything. Sure they got to do some attacks here and there and had influence on the fact that MNM became tag team champion's. But is that really anything to brag about? They didn't do it so that they could become champions themselves.

They didn't stick around for long. At least Khali is still here. This one goes to The Dicks.

I think this one has to go to the Dicks, the gimmick was terrible and they didn't last long in the business, at least Khail is still around and he has a huge support in India which is a good thing for the company. And he is loved by many other people around the world also.

The dicks get my vote!

It has to be the Dicks.

Khali atleast got into good draw matches and got through them (barely)
But the oiled up Dicks were just painful to watch

I'm going to have to vote for The Dicks here as well. Khali had title matches with Batista and Triple H at back to back SummerSlams. The Dicks were just another throwaway gimmick that seems to fit in the bracket a little better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back