The "Everybody Makes A Big Deal About Kevin Nash's Theme" Thread (Discuss nWo here)

Do you want a nWo return?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Wow...ANOTHER nWo thread...for the last time, the nWo will never, ehever return!!

1. Vince hates everything that he himself didn't either create or facilitate
2. WE fondly remember the nWo, but does the average Mark in the crowd? No. No fan under the age of about 16-18 remembers the nWo the way we do. Who is the main focus of the WWE? Fans under 18!!! KIDS!!!

In conclusion...STOP IT!!!!

While I agree with your ultimate point that the nWo will not return, I disagree with your logic.

1) Everyone says this. Do you have any proof or is it just another assumption/IWC urban legend? It's easy to call Vince an egomaniac, but let's look at the facts:

-Ric Flair was not AT ALL a Vince McMahon creation, rather gaining his fame in NWA/WCW. When he came back to the WWE in the early 2000s, he was put into HUGE storylines, and given one of the biggest, most lavish retirement ceremonies ever.
-ECW was not a Vince McMahon creation but One Night Stand became a huge PPV, and ECW even became its own BRAND for years.
-CM Punk was not a Vince McMahon creation but is currently the hottest thing going in wrestling.
-nWo was not a Vince McMahon creation but he brought it back in 2002, and I firmly believe if Hogan wasn't getting such a face reaction and pressure to go red/yellow again, Nash hadn't gotten hurt and Hall wasn't such an overall fuck-up, the nWo would have had a successful run. They were certainly building them up as something huge.

2) While its true children don't see the nWo with rose-colored glasses like we do, it doesn't really matter. They brought back Kevin Nash in a huge storyline when no one under the age of 18 knows who he is. They've been using a ton of insider-ish/smarky phrases/reasoning lately. But the major thing here is that 70% OF PEOPLE WHO WATCH WWE ARE OVER 18! They do not make a product SOLELY for children, they make it the lowest common denominator of "safe" so that children can enjoy it IN ADDITION TO their core audience, which is not children.

First post in awhile...

A heel faction to take over the WWE would be cool if it was led by Cena but easy does it. The nWo was VERY different and should not be replicated (or attempted to... again.)

The reason I don't see this happening is because I truly believe Cena will be a FACE going into WM against The Rock. Having him go in as a heel would be pointless because The Rock isn't back full time, faces usually win at 'Mania (well... 'usually'), Cena has in a way formed this feud around him being the GOOD GUY in the WWE, etc etc etc. It just doesn't add up. We'll see though.

How on earth did you come to conclusion Punk is working with Nash? What is this WCW all over again, the writing team sucks but they don't suck that much to play this crap out of the bag.

The whole angle looks set to be that HHH will be removed from office as his business life is being affected by his personal life. A bit like with Flair and his Undertaker feud. In comes JL, who then becomes the new COO whilst keeping his other responsibilites, thus making him the one with true power. It is established he was the one who pushed the board to rid of Vince and also of HHH. JL also just happens to be the Raw GM after all this time and was the one who sent the text. JL hires Nash has his body guard and others to carry out his dirty work, a version of the Corporation so to speak and the main threat is Punk. The McMahons somewhere down the line will return and find a way of disposing JL from power.
That's the way I see it planning out, none of those nWo fool job we have seen over and over.

This doesn't make a lot of sense and like someone earlier said, is very Vince Russo. It would be horrible.

I love the nWo as much as the next person and wouldn't mind at all if the nWo were to make a return in 2011/2012. However, if for some reason the WWE brings back the nWo, CM Punk will not be in it.

this thread simply has really no logical base, based on the events that have occured so far. Just another Nwo fanboy post..... and yes i also liked the nwo too.

Let's look at this logically. CM Punk is not going to make himself lose the title just to get at HHH and HHH is clearly not involved (way too obvious). Why is John Laurinaitis on TV so much all of a sudden and why is he constantly bickering with HHH? He is behind all of this because he wants to take over the company from HHH. Also Miz and R Truth keep talking about conspiracies and how HHH is behind them and then they and Nash are in the ring together on Monday. Coincidence? I think not. Here is what should happen. Nash will come down during the match and stick CM Punk first. HHH will think he is helping him and then, Truth and Miz will come out and ambush HHH. They will spray paint NWO on HHH and Punk and put HHH out of commision giving control to Laurinaitis and his chosen champion, The Miz. This will put the Miz in charge and get rid of all the conspiracies he speaks of. The Miz is the new leader of the NWO. Just my opinion. Maybe wishful thinking on my part but it seems to make the most amount of sense. This will also lead to a HHH/Miz Wrestlemania match that was mentioned as a posiibility on this website a few months back.

I sincerely hope that the NWO is never resurrected in any way, shape or form. Despite the love the NWO gets from most fans, and the fact that the angle helped launch WCW into a dominant position for a time, the majority of the NWO angle was just bad. Undoubtedly, the NWO started with a bang and set the wrestling world on fire. But how long was it REALLY good? The NWO storyline kept dragging on and on long after the concept had lost it's novelty, and by the end it had been diluted so badly that it became meaningless. And every attempted reboot has been completely horrible. If you want to see a modern day NWO, complete with a revolving door of membership, members who have nothing in common, a lack of any consistent plan or motivation, and led by Hulk Hogan and Eric Bischoff, than check out Immortal in TNA. It's every bit as awful as the NWO was, without the benefit of nostalgia or originality to make it seem decent.

In any case, the NWO will always be identified with WCW, Hogan, and Bischoff. Why would the WWE bother resurrecting it just because they have access to one original member? Why would HHH join a faction originally dedicated to keeping Hulk Hogan in power, particularly given how he and DX used to mock them? It would be easier and more sensible for HHH to resurrect DX, or to just create a new kliq faction.

What is really irking me about this thread is people keep using the fact that WWE.com is advertising this. the thing is, remember when DX made their first return? WWE.COM said it before it even was close to happening!

I'd love to see a heel Cena, but this would make no sense whatsoever. Besides Orton or Cena there wouldn't even be a big enough star to lead the NWO. That's what made them so unique. Hogan was the most popular wrestler alive and then you had two hugely popular stars in Nash and Hall. There's nobody that fits that formula today.

Still like the idea of Vince using the old guys to take back wwe Nash, Foley etc. and the big Fish the Undertaker coming back siding with vince setting up Wrestlemania HHH vs Taker 2

nWo with just Nash and no Hall or Hogan I don't think will play over well at all. It will be like the WCW Invasion angle without Goldberg and Sting. Those were the two biggest guys associated with WCW but they weren't apart of the angle (Granted there was DDP and Booker T but still, not the same as Sting or Goldberg). You can't have nWo with just Nash. Plus like the WCW Invasion angle, what would happen is you will start getting people that have no connection with that group start joining. Like what happen with the whole WCW Invasion angle. I personally just don't see the point of creating a new nWo lead by Cena and other WWE guys. Makes no sense.

Also for those saying Nexus was a complete failure. Although that is true, also remember it was a group filled with rookies. WWE never had a super group in a long time. I am all down for a Cena heel turn and leading a faction with guys like Nash, Morrison, etc. but don't call them nWo.

The NWO the best faction EVER WCW and WWE….. Is not coming back.
It would taint its history anyway and that just wouldn’t be right.
Cena with an NWO shirt on however would be a lovely sight and I have wanted to see HEEL Cena for a while now. But if they can’t make him HEEL during the Nexus saga then they probably never will, he MUST wear his brightly coloured merchandise which is why he kept it on when he was Nexus and he can’t be seen to be a bad guy at any point because children are his main audience.
I would love to see it, but it aint gonna happen brother.

First of all, Cena's not turning heel anytime soon. It's an interesting idea for a turn, but I doubt it would happen. Secondly, if anyone's going to lead a new nWo it's probably going to be Nash, Trips, or maybe Del Rio. Punk could but I think they wouldn't want to risk ruining his momentum with another stable. Nash and Punk would never team up though, so it just doesn't make sense. This idea, while creative and interesting, is just too complicated to work. How would the alliance between Punk and Nash be explained? Or Punk and Trips for that matter? Then there's still the matter of the text message and the conspiracy angle. They can't just merge all of that into one angle only to turn it into an nWo ripoff because it would insult the fans intelligence to do something like that. They shouldn't rely on lazy OR complicated booking.

Well first off i would put my money on re-formingthe click, not the NWO.
But say they do a CeNa NWO style HEEL TURN It would HAVE to involve Randy Orton. Not John Morrison. Hogan dropped the big boot on Macho Man in a a match that also included Sting, Not on Alex Wright & Marcus Alexander Bagwell. You use Jo Mo to turn
R-Truth heel because they were @ 1 time a tag-team who even competted together
@ a wrestlemania. CeNa turning on a mid-carded is a waste. IF & When CeNa turn's heel
it has to be against a top face.Undertake @ Mania would get him the most heat. But i think Orton Is the way to go. I know every1 say's Orton & CeNa has been done enough,
but never will CeNa heel & Orton face. Rather you like it or not They are the SCSA & ROCK of this current generation. They have the type of rivalry that can go on & off for the rest of there time on the active wrestling rosters. I garuntee they will Main Event WRESTLEMANIA 30. Unless they do it earlier because of a storyline that produces such a hot angle they have no choice but to do it at 29.
I got a little off subject but if CeNa does lead an NWO I would want it to be

CeNa- in the Hollywood Hogan Role

Nash- as THE MOUTHPIECE, cocky insurance policy boddyguard role

Big Show- Just to be a familer member, probably would defect after 6 months

X-pac- only if the are bringback the CW division

Otunga & Mcgillicuty- tag team of the group(they r no outsiders, but i would love for Nash to manage them and always be ringside with them...i think it would help them get over sooooooooooo much more than what they are doing now)

Dolph Ziggler- He already has the US belt(he could play the Curt Henning nWo role to "perfetion":lmao:) plus as much as i want him to leave Vickie...i don't wanna see him turn face

Christian- NWO like to play the numbers game & Christian is a big name guy ala a Scott Hall and Curt Henning that make your group look imptessive, but even though he is world champ material, he can be a team player and no his role, knowing that CeNa is a Hogan & Christian is a Scott Hall

but if there is an NWO there has to be a Sting...
Who better theb the Apex Predator Rany Orton. I would like to see him go in as a crazed lunatic going at it solo.but after getting jumped maybe tag with Punk & Miz. Then when its time for a war games i think he should go the legacy/fortunate son role and by then Ted will be a face.Husky Harris should be back on the main roster,maybe even his brother Bo and Richie Steamboat.Seeing something like that could get Joe Henning to turn on Otunga.But the 2nd & 3rd generation guy's cAn say they wont let the nWo tak over the WWE there dad's gave there lives to.
CM Punk could group up with the KOW & Tyler Black and evan bourne.

Nash could recruit new Members by Bringing back MVP.Saying that he is the nWo's new MVP.Nash could pull some string's and bring back Mr. Anderson who is a natural heel and would go great in a NWO GROUP. With all the
Samoa Joe talk what a way to get him some instant heet and recognition then to have Nash Bring him in.
Hell HHH can play the role of Easy-E Bichoff and bring guy's in amd say hey it's not my monry it Vince's and i can sign whoever i want/whenever i want...

So much to do with a nWo angle done right. Espicialy with a mega face turning heel ala hogan at bash at the beach in 96. And the Nash influence, and the conections he has in this wrestling biz. FROM NWA/WCW/WWF/TNA & ALL THE YOUMG GUY'S HE HAS MET ALONG THE WAY doing independant shows. Shoot he could bring in Brody Lee just to be a nWo crony like virgil & the diciple. Damn it Vinny, Stef & Hunter hand me yje book for justg 1 year.:lmao:

The answer to the NWO mystery is so simple, it's almost genius. VINCE MCMAHON is the leader of the new NWO. He will create his new group of "Outsiders" to come in to the WWE and taken control from Triple H. It makes sense on so many levels.

Not that. Please. ANYTHING but that. Things have been so much better with Vince no longer onscreen and I had been worried that this could end up being the result of what's going on. I'm so tired of Vince and have been for a long time. He needs to stay away and not come back. What's unfortunate is that it DOES make sense for him to end up being behind everything. The text, Nash's strange actions, and trying to get control back from Trips. I'd rather it end up being Stephanie though and not Vince because Vince needs to learn when it's time to step away, and we are years past that now.

I really dont think CM Punk is going to be the leader of the nWo. I dont really think there is going to be a new nWo, although I would love to see it. I could see Miz and R-Truth being behind the text, although it doesnt make sense that they would have had Triple H's phone.

nWo without hall and hogan=not the nWo and we saw that in 2002. Cena spear heading the nWo is the DUMBEST idea of all time. Cena isnt turning heel. stop clamoring for it. im tired of reading it.

A better storyline is Steph vs Triple H. Im tired of the WWE power struggle over control. Let Steph come out and finally admit she was the one. Used Nash to get at Triple H.

If this is a 'who dun it', then everyone is picking Steph as the suspect because the 'evidence' points to her. If it is her, that is just stupidly obvious, boring and cliche.

if cm punk was to join kevin nash whether it would mean a nwo return or not it would ruin the entire angle.Cm punk sucks as a leader just look at SES and Nexus.

DirtyJosé;3382866 said:
What gave it away?

The InVasion or the WWEnWo?

The InVasion didn't work because McMahon made it all about the McMahon's. Period.

The WWEnWo didn't work because it was the nWo. By that point, and even before WCW went under, the nWo didn't mean anything anymore. You see, the original had a purpose and a goal. They wanted to take over the company on the basis of a faux-invasion. Once the marks were wise to it not being a real invasion, everything fell apart. There was no longer any substance to it, just a logo and a theme and a history of it being a vehicle for heels with no wheel to steer it with. Period.

Or, you know, they could've got Goldberg when it mattered (the InVasion) and maybe make some real money instead of wasting him like they did (and yes, they did waste Goldberg).

You aren't really making any points in your favor here, just stating what you like. Which is, like, cool and all, except that you said "despite what you think" (referring to me, obviously). So, disregarding my opinion is fine and dandy, but I'm not allowed to dismiss your markdom? Especially when I'm coming in with facts that you can't even get right in the thread title? Sorry, you lose this one.

Oddly enough, didn't the ratings free fall start around the time of the InVasion and then the nWo crap angles? Go check the numbers. It's ok, I'll wait...

...see? Alright then. Despite what YOU think, crowd pops are not a be all end all measure for whether something is working or not.

Also, who said anything about all returns are bad ideas?

Tsk, tsk, getting a little hot under the collar are we? You don't have to repeat what happened in the angle, I saw it too. Just repeating the promo doesn't prove that it makes sense (which, again, I said nothing about) or that it was a success (which I did mention something about).

First of all, clearly you have thought about this for way too long that you are beginning to make sense out of nothing. Second of all, I never said anything about the WWEnWo angle not making sense, simply that it sucked and was quickly swept under the rug. Finally, you still aren't really making any argument here to counter my own. You are simply stating opinion (which is fine, but isn't really doing anything) and claiming that your opinion alone should be taken as concrete and irrefutable fact.

Aw, that same old tired and played out last trick; blame the IWC. Yes, it's the IWC. It's always the IWC. There, there, don't you cry your little eyes out over it.

Wait, did you actually make any points here with your first bullet? No? Oh dear, this is gonna take me a while, isn't it?

Wrong. The WCW nWo angle actually had a break before it's revival as nWo 2000, so there's one hole in your logic. Secondly, you were the one to bring up and count TNA's cheap knock off before me, so there's that. Thirdly, nWo Japan was at one point sanctioned by WCW I believe, so like it or not it counts. Even taking out the few I haven't covered here, you're still wrong.

Smell that? That's what being proven wrong by fact feels like. Maybe you should try being right sometime.

When Nash last appeared in the WWE before his appearance at the Rumble, he was doing so as Kevin Nash. You have and make no point with this. Whoopidy doo, he was Diesel for all of a few minutes back in January, and now he's Nash again, the name he's gone by for the majority of the latter years of his career. And please, if you want to talk about people doing things that make them look stupid, let's add feeling the need to label everything as an "era" right at the top. "The Reality Era"? Lulz. You really do have too much time on your hands.

Soooo....no, you still aren't making any points. The "outsider" angle worked for the first nWo angle because most fans didn't know any better and really thought there was some sort of invasion going on. That simply won't work at all in this day and age (for fuck's sake, it's didn't work a few years after that anyway). So you're use of the term "outsider" is simplistic and weak. And really, you think McMahon should script a shitty angle just to stick it to Bischoff? Again, you really think McMahon should shift focus from building new stars and cementing existing ones to focus on washed up has been's who can't even pass simple physicals just to rib Bischoff? That's it; you are absolutely 100% fucking ******ed. Hell, why doesn't McDonald's start selling a hamburger made out of cat shit and call it the "Whooper", just to fuck with Burger King?

Actually, I can. He can muster up a decent promo once in awhile, period. And really, if you want to watch drama without that pesky wrestling stuff, go watch some soap operas. The name of the game is selling PPV's, and no one's going to buy a PPV just because Scott Hall might cattle prod someone or cut a shitty promo. You are either a total mark for the past or you are just flat out bad at fantasy booking. Explain to me how you think this will make money.

So then why did you bring it up as reason for Vince McMahon to care about anything Bischoff or TNA is doing now? You were the one to go there. Not my fault that, like everything else you are posting, that you have no leg to stand on.

Yes, McMahon is SOOO good at holding off the pay day.

That's why Punk was only gone two weeks instead of two months.

Um....wow. I'm not going to touch this with a 19 foot stick. You are one sad lonely little mark.

Care to try that all again in English? You know what else would be a shocker? Ted Turner being the GM. BOOM.

Really though, I criticize you for having shallow outdated ideas for the storyline. It's not that it's the nWo; it's that you are stuck in the same booking mindset that sank companies in the past. "Let's shock 'em! What'll make them really surprised!? ARRR, MUST HAVE SHOCK VALUE, THE RATINGS WILL SPIKE!!!!". Guess what, chump? It's not about ratings, and hasn't been for a long long time. It's about PPV buys. It's about merch. And both of those things will make more money in the long run if the company is focused on stars who will be there for a long time, not by focusing on washed up losers from the past who will be there for months at best. How long before Nash tears a quad again? He looked like he could barely climb the ring steps on Monday night, let alone carry an angle.

You really are bad at this booking thing.

Stop being a dipshit and trying to force me into saying good things about something when I don't believe them. The nWo wasn't all that good. In fact, from the first night of Hall's "You want a war" speech to the end of WCW, it was more shit than it was anything good. For fuck's sake, even the original run grew bloated and directionless before the Wolfpac split. Face the music, son, the past isn't a perfect as you remember it. Of course, it's much easier for you to blame the IWC-boogeymen. Fact of the matter is this: any group which featured Konnan as a member sucked balls.

Again, you are losing your grasp on the English language here. That is, of course, assuming you ever had one. Furthermore, I love that your reasoning for wanting the nWo (a WWE property) to come back is that it will somehow bring Sting (a TNA contracted individual) in. Nevermind things like no-compete clauses, you've got this one ALL figured out.

No, you don't. And Nash, Hall, Waltman, and even Sting hardly count as the stars of today. The stars of today are Cena, Orton, and loosely Mysterio. The next generation are Punk and Miz. And, I'm sorry, I thought we were watching wrestling. Nash was very big about this same attitude you have right now. He also felt that you NEED the old guys to work right. That's how he booked WCW into oblivion (which is fact and is well documented if you'd like to challenge that).

What is with you and this "sticking it to Bischoff" thing? NOBODY CARES, least of all McMahon. Also, for the last time WWE ALREADY TRIED MAKING THE nWo WORK FOR THEM BEFORE AND IT DIDN'T WORK! How fucking dumb can you be?

Rocky returns, talks smack to Cena, and all of a sudden those IWC boogeymen you cry about were all up in their panties about how Rock just owned Cena and how stars of today just can't hold a candle to him (never mind how played out Rock sounds in 2011, that's not the point). You seem to think that stars need to go over stars of the past to work, and you're wrong. Stone Cold didn't need to go over some old star from forever ago when he got over; the difference between him and Bret Hart was nowhere near the difference between someone like Miz and someone like Sting. Rock didn't need to go over anyone like that; Rock got over at his peak by going against a heel just as new as he was: HHH. You see, you can talk all you want about how much sense you think you are making, while I'm here stating facts and making argument based in logic, not fantasy.

Yes, this is a board where opinions can be discussed. But it is also a place for debates. While you are free to have opinions, I am likewise free to tell you that you are wrong and that your ideas are childish at best. You can either refute my claims with fact or you can stick your fingers in your ears and repeat yourself over and over and over again. Take your pick.

Wow, you really are a douche bag.

Yeah you know, I'm not even gonna go over everything said by you Jose, because, well, because you're starting to sound just like Mark Madden and really he's just as stupid as you, so, there's really no point. Maybe you are him, posting under some account. Maybe not, maybe just a fan brainwashed like him and think's he's always right. Doesnt matter.

And to be honest, you lost the entire point of the thread, by only focusing on the nWo. Anyone who keeps posting that it wouldnt be interesting without the originals in a sequel is missing the point, THIS WAS the fucking ORIGINAL PLAN.

That's more original than the original. And for you all who keep saying it, no shock value with no real depth in planning and endgame isnt right, but you all are thinking in a crappy way, it isnt just gonna work because it's shocking, you all are missing the point that it could have EASILY been Sting had he agreed to turn, then they wouldve had the original plan go forward.

If anything, instead of bashing me this couldve turned into a discussion about that more and how different it would be if Sting led Hall & Nash vs today, vs Hogan doing it and WWE bringing them back, which is really all I'm referring to, NOT some shit in Japan or within the WCW after a year off or what not. A REAL return, legit omg i cant believe its back return on the nWo, or something along those lines, where you havent seen them in a while. Not different incarnations. Sure WCW had nWo mania all over the place, even with a break, they were brought into WWE and that was their first return as the original 3, then you had a failed attempt by TNA, this is all outside and after the death of WCW, a third try now that all the WCW sect shit is over would be good if WWE went with the original

And finally to go back to the other point, the only reason I even backed a nWo return was for Sting coming in and because it would be fun to see what we couldve gotten (not a mirrored image to the exact way it wouldve been because it's not WCW, but atleast see how Sting wouldve been) back then had the original plan pushed through.

You all who hate the nWo overall couldve discussed the possibility of it likely being better had Sting been the lead or if Nash wouldve taken over having the whole thing be Red & Black and Sting and Hogan being a babyface mega powers power trip, would Hogan have eventually joined knocking Sting out? Would he have possibly gone back to WWE?

What if's ARE fun to talk about and this thread brings that what if into a let's see what if, even if it's the future.

If they were going to attempt to recreate the nWo, there would be a couple of things they would have to be sure to do (or not do) to make sure it would be successful. For one thing, they would have to ensure that their numbers are large enough to be a force, but not too large. This was one of the problems eventually with the old nWo; after a while, practically everyone was in it. There's no sense in having an invading faction if half of the roster is on it, as some of the suggestions posted in here have suggested.

As well, the names on it would have to be successful, significant names, and some of the names would have to come from outside the current organization. There are guys out there who could fit the bill if they could be signed, such as Batista, Goldberg, Jericho, as well as some smaller names such as Shelton Benjamin. Even some ROH guys to come on board would be intriguing. This is likely a pipe dream but if they are going to do it, they have to do it right. A reincarnation of nWo featuring existing lesser guys such as McGillicuty or Kingston or Ziggler will just come across as another Nexus, and will ultimately fail.

The final piece of the puzzle to make it effective would be for it to be orchestrated by Vince McMahon, assembling an invading faction to recapture his company from this who took it from them. Vince would have to be their Bischoff.

Personally, I cannot see this all falling into place, it's simply not realistic. That being said, I hope they don't even try it. Either do it fully completely, or don't do it at all. Go big or go home.

Yeah you know, I'm not even gonna go over everything said by you Jose, because, well, because you're starting to sound just like Mark Madden and really he's just as stupid as you, so, there's really no point. Maybe you are him, posting under some account. Maybe not, maybe just a fan brainwashed like him and think's he's always right. Doesnt matter.

Ladies and Gentlemen! We have finally reached that point in the night where instead of backing up his statements, our friend here has resorted to somehow implying that I am the brainwashed one here (never mind that I'm not the one talking about digging up angles from over 10 years ago nor am I the one still so starstruck by Sting and Nash and company that I'm willing to make them the focus of the WWE going forward). GO TEAM ******!

And to be honest, you lost the entire point of the thread, by only focusing on the nWo. Anyone who keeps posting that it wouldnt be interesting without the originals in a sequel is missing the point, THIS WAS the fucking ORIGINAL PLAN.

Well, I don't know. The thread opens with talk about the nWo. Your posts all talk about how you think the nWo would do well with Sting in the WWE in this day and age, and, oh em gee I dunno, IT'S IN THE FUCKING THREAD TITLE. Maybe instead of us missing a point, you never really had a valid one to begin with.

That's more original than the original. And for you all who keep saying it, no shock value with no real depth in planning and endgame isnt right, but you all are thinking in a crappy way, it isnt just gonna work because it's shocking, you all are missing the point that it could have EASILY been Sting had he agreed to turn, then they wouldve had the original plan go forward.

And here you clearly demonstrate how ******ed you are. Sting should have never been the original third man, and it would have made no sense at all. The original point of the nWo was to portray a WWF invasion of WCW without actually saying WWF on WCW television. Hogan (or possibly Savage) made sense as the third man because he WAS WWF for a long long time much like Cena IS WWE now. It played into the idea of a conspiracy, of McMahon getting his pawns into place to screw over WCW. So tell me, how would Sting have made any sense as the original third man? And please do so without relying on the word "shock".

If anything, instead of bashing me this couldve turned into a discussion about that more and how different it would be if Sting led Hall & Nash vs today, vs Hogan doing it and WWE bringing them back, which is really all I'm referring to, NOT some shit in Japan or within the WCW after a year off or what not. A REAL return, legit omg i cant believe its back return on the nWo, or something along those lines, where you havent seen them in a while. Not different incarnations. Sure WCW had nWo mania all over the place, even with a break, they were brought into WWE and that was their first return as the original 3, then you had a failed attempt by TNA, this is all outside and after the death of WCW, a third try now that all the WCW sect shit is over would be good if WWE went with the original

You are talking about a new different incarnation of the nWo, jackass. It wouldn't be the original three without Hogan, who is NOT coming over to WWE, just as Sting is NOT coming over. And even if Sting DID come over, it would ruin your point about being the third time with the original three. So in the end, you are wrong any way you look at this.

And finally to go back to the other point, the only reason I even backed a nWo return was for Sting coming in and because it would be fun to see what we couldve gotten (not a mirrored image to the exact way it wouldve been because it's not WCW, but atleast see how Sting wouldve been) back then had the original plan pushed through.

Except that Sting (and Pro Wrestling in general) are not what they were way back when the nWo formed. So really, you wouldn't really see "how it would've been". It's just more fan boy fantasy booking, and piss poor stuff at that. And ok, we get it, harp on some more about how it's just a thought exercise or something. It's still a stupid idea no matter how serious you are about it. Are you going to actually defend it at all or just keep wasting oxygen?

You all who hate the nWo overall couldve discussed the possibility of it likely being better had Sting been the lead or if Nash wouldve taken over having the whole thing be Red & Black and Sting and Hogan being a babyface mega powers power trip, would Hogan have eventually joined knocking Sting out? Would he have possibly gone back to WWE?

No, no, and no. You have the dumbest ideas, I swear. As I've already stated, Sting as the original third man and leader of the nWo would've made absolutely no sense at all by any logic, and would only serve to sink the momentum of the nWo faster than WCW booking sank the original group anyway with overcrowding. And what's this shit now of Hogan and Sting going babyface together and shit? There are other sections for discussing "what if?" booking of the past, please stop trying to derail your shitty thread into that simply because you can't back up your own words.

What if's ARE fun to talk about and this thread brings that what if into a let's see what if, even if it's the future.

This isn't about "what if?" discussions being lame, it's about your ideas being ******ed. Go ahead and blame the IWC or Mark Madden or your abusive step-dad or whoever you want to. You still have some of the worst ideas I've ever read.

DirtyJosé;3384270 said:
Ladies and Gentlemen! We have finally reached that point in the night where instead of backing up his statements, our friend here has resorted to somehow implying that I am the brainwashed one here (never mind that I'm not the one talking about digging up angles from over 10 years ago nor am I the one still so starstruck by Sting and Nash and company that I'm willing to make them the focus of the WWE going forward). GO TEAM ******!

Well, I don't know. The thread opens with talk about the nWo. Your posts all talk about how you think the nWo would do well with Sting in the WWE in this day and age, and, oh em gee I dunno, IT'S IN THE FUCKING THREAD TITLE. Maybe instead of us missing a point, you never really had a valid one to begin with.

And here you clearly demonstrate how ******ed you are. Sting should have never been the original third man, and it would have made no sense at all. The original point of the nWo was to portray a WWF invasion of WCW without actually saying WWF on WCW television. Hogan (or possibly Savage) made sense as the third man because he WAS WWF for a long long time much like Cena IS WWE now. It played into the idea of a conspiracy, of McMahon getting his pawns into place to screw over WCW. So tell me, how would Sting have made any sense as the original third man? And please do so without relying on the word "shock".

You are talking about a new different incarnation of the nWo, jackass. It wouldn't be the original three without Hogan, who is NOT coming over to WWE, just as Sting is NOT coming over. And even if Sting DID come over, it would ruin your point about being the third time with the original three. So in the end, you are wrong any way you look at this.

Except that Sting (and Pro Wrestling in general) are not what they were way back when the nWo formed. So really, you wouldn't really see "how it would've been". It's just more fan boy fantasy booking, and piss poor stuff at that. And ok, we get it, harp on some more about how it's just a thought exercise or something. It's still a stupid idea no matter how serious you are about it. Are you going to actually defend it at all or just keep wasting oxygen?

No, no, and no. You have the dumbest ideas, I swear. As I've already stated, Sting as the original third man and leader of the nWo would've made absolutely no sense at all by any logic, and would only serve to sink the momentum of the nWo faster than WCW booking sank the original group anyway with overcrowding. And what's this shit now of Hogan and Sting going babyface together and shit? There are other sections for discussing "what if?" booking of the past, please stop trying to derail your shitty thread into that simply because you can't back up your own words.

This isn't about "what if?" discussions being lame, it's about your ideas being ******ed. Go ahead and blame the IWC or Mark Madden or your abusive step-dad or whoever you want to. You still have some of the worst ideas I've ever read.

I did back up my idea and you still have shown you just dont get it, it's fantast booking as you have called it so why are you so critical to begin with? It's funny how ppl like you here in the IWC do the same exact complaint and bash bullshit with actual storylines and anything brought up as a suggestion. You give me a wrestling storyline that you'd like to see then, something that gets a young guy over since you're so concerned about the old guys not stealing their spotlight even rhough every young guy has been put over by SOMEONE, you said otherwise, yes even Austin, the character wouldnt have been what it was without Vince.

I did back up my idea

No, you haven't. You've spouted off about how it would be so uber cool to see Sting in the nWo and that's about it.

and you still have shown you just dont get it, it's fantast booking as you have called it so why are you so critical to begin with?

Because this site isn't entirely about sitting around and jerking each other off and complimenting each for our different styles. Discussion includes debate and analysis, and that's exactly what I've brought to you. I'm sorry you really can't handle criticism of what you seemingly think is a great idea.

It's funny how ppl like you here in the IWC do the same exact complaint and bash bullshit with actual storylines and anything brought up as a suggestion.

Oh, there's that terrible IWC-boogeyman argument again. Except that you're wrong. You see, there's this misconception that the IWC is "them" and never "us" or "you" or "me". Look at the Cena heel turn discussion for example: you can have equal sides of people split between thinking it's a great idea and thinking it's a shit idea, and both sides will rail about how the other is just the typical "IWC" puppet. Both are right and both are wrong. We're all the IWC, so making some point about how it's always them vs. you is stupid, pointless, childish, and ultimately inaccurate.

Furthermore, why did you come here in the first place to share suggestions and ideas if you weren't open to criticism as well as praise? You can't have your cake and eat it too, you have to take it both. It's isn't some IWC conspiracy to hate on every idea or suggestion, it's just that seemingly most of your ideas and suggestions are utter shit.

You give me a wrestling storyline that you'd like to see then, something that gets a young guy over since you're so concerned about the old guys not stealing their spotlight even rhough every young guy has been put over by SOMEONE, you said otherwise, yes even Austin, the character wouldnt have been what it was without Vince.

I love how you seem to think that every star got over off the back of a fading older star, like every new star was handed a torch or something and that they were nothing before that. Rock was only "handed a torch" by Hogan LONG after he had gotten himself over with the help of Austin, Foley, and HHH, all of whom were performers with more or less the same time in the WWE spotlight as himself. Want an idea? How about letting Punk, Miz, Truth, Morrison, Bryan, Ziggler, Kofi, Del Rio, and Barrett all get over off the back of good booking, solid angles, and stellar performances? Why bother with digging up corpses of the past like Sting and the nWo and just let these guys do what we let Austin, Rock, Foley, Jericho, Angle and HHH do before them? You talk elsewhere about how much you love Vince for taking risks and chances, so why not encourage him to take chances with the new guys instead of doing the same old shit of thinking that you can only get to the promised land off of the back of the old guard?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back