Scott Hall should've been in the nWo Wolfpac in 1998 rather than nWo Hollywood

TEIWCSCSAATBHPHASP

Pre-Show Stalwart
The full story about Hollywood Hogan and Kevin Nash's real-life behind the scenes feud goes back to Sean Waltman being fired from WCW and Eric Bischoff via FedEx to show Scott Hall and Kevin Nash who's boss. Bischoff shouldn't have to just plain outright tell Hall & Nash who's boss if it becomes public knowledge. Hall was real upset around this time, given that his pal Louie Spicolli just passed away, his real-life friend Sean Waltman got fired and returned to the WWF not long after, and his wife Dana divorced him because she has no real understanding on how to deal with alcoholic sufferers. When someone has an alcohol problem, you're not supposed to just outright drive them away because it'll make the sufferer even worse than they already are. That's exactly what Dana did because she wasn't properly educated about how to deal with them.

Anyway, back on topic, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash initially wanted to quit WCW and go back to the WWF with Sean Waltman and Triple H, but Bischoff wouldn't let them out of their contracts. Vince may have been more than happy to bring them back into the WWF landscape with Austin, Rock, Foley, HHH, Undertaker, Kane, Sable and Mr. McMahon in the fold. But then, Bischoff (under Hogan's influence and control) threatened both Outsiders with the 'breach of contract' warning, and given what happened to Ric Flair when he was fired from WCW for no-showing a WCW Thunder taping (where he was to reform The Four Horsemen for the zillionth time) to watch Reid Flair's wrestling tournament, Hall and Nash probably quit giving suggestions and ideas to Bischoff because EB listened to Hogan more, given Hogan's creative control clause that he can threaten at any time if Bischoff doesn't give him what he wanted, Hogan would go to Ted Turner and the higher ups and get Bischoff out of a job.

Therefore, Bischoff was real intent on breaking up The Outsiders because he and Hogan were jealous that Hall and Nash were the cool heels of the nWo while Bischoff and Hogan were hated as old school heels. Mind you, Savage, Konnan, Hennig and Rude were cool heels in their own right too, nWo or no nWo. Unlike Harlem Heat and The Steiner Brothers, The Outsiders had no reason to break up and feud with each other. Harlem Heat broke up because Stevie Ray spent the remainder of 1997 with an ankle injury and it was time for Booker T to kickstart his singles career as a face because Harlem Heat had been a team since their WCW debut in 1993, and The Steiners had been a team for almost a decade since the formation of The Steiner Brothers in 1988-89 and weren't quite the same team as they were in their primes, and WCW had been wanting to push Scott Steiner as a singles star for years now, he was almost close to having a heel turn in 1992 while still in WCW and one in 1994 while in the WWF.

Harlem Heat and The Steiner Brothers had no value left as far as tag teams are concerned, but The Outsiders still were the hottest popular act in WCW other than Crow Sting. If Nash got his way, maybe Scott Hall would've been free to be a Wolfpac nWo member than Hogan taking Hall away from Nash and having Hall jump ship to nWo Hollywood. It is just unfortunate that Hollywood Hogan had to get his way without anyone questioning him.

Hall just had a lengthy stint in rehab, and in his absence, the demise of the Original nWo were brewing around Spring Stampede 1998. Around the buildup of Slamboree '98, Hall returned as a member of nWo Wolfpac. BAM! Hall turns heel at Slamboree and basically forfeits the WCW Tag Team Championships to Sting and The Giant (a recent nWo Hollywood addition), and in the process, jumps ship to Hogan's version of the nWo. Hall's heel turn in 1998 was needless because he just got out of rehab shortly after Spring Stampede '98 was over and the Original NWO finally ran its course with nWo vs nWo now underway. Not to mention, Bret Hart and The Giant had both already turned heels and joined nWo Hollywood which makes sense to me. Hall's heel turn at Slamboree was Hogan's idea, just because Hogan wants a cool guy sidekick for his nWo.

Furthermore, Hogan realized that if Kevin Nash's nWo Wolfpac were composed of Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Dusty Rhodes, Randy Savage, Konnan, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Lex Luger, Sting, Booker T, Rick Steiner, Diamond Dallas Page and Miss Elizabeth, while Hogan's nWo would've turned out like the Dungeon of Doom all over again with Hogan, The Giant, Bret Hart, Dennis Rodman, Brian Adams, Stevie Ray, Scott Norton, Mike Jones (Vincent), Horace Hogan, Brutus Beefcake and Eric Bischoff. Except for Hogan, Giant and Bischoff, the rest of Hogan's crew would be absolutely no match for Nash, Hall, Savage, Konnan, Steiner, Bagwell, Hennig, Rude, Luger, Sting and Elizabeth on the mic because we already know Nash's personal Wolfpac lineup would've trounced and roasted Hogan constantly, and Hogan had to get Bischoff to emasculate the Wolfpac by making them the whipping boys/punching bags for nWo Hollywood, with not a single Wolfpac member coming to the aid of a Wolfpac member on the receiving end of an nWo Hollywood beatdown.

Yeah, I probably felt that Nash (in addition to wanting Hall, Elizabeth, Hennig , Rude and Bagwell for his team) would've wanted Bagwell and Steiner on his nWo team as well. If only Hogan hadn't coerced Hall, Hennig, Rude, Elizabeth, Steiner and Bagwell to defect nWo Wolfpac to jump back to nWo Hollywood to keep Hogan's ego satisfied, maybe Wolfpac would've been made to look strong rather than being whipping boys of Hogan via beatdowns courtesy of nWo Hollywood and Bret Hart.
For those who bemoan Bret's heel turn one night after Spring Stampede '98, I think he needed the heel turn and semi-nWo Hollywood membership because nWo were seen as mostly full of WWF legends and in kayfabe had two members who were associated with Shawn Michaels, and Bret Hart although he was screwed by WWF, Vinnie Mac and HBK,... was not WCW either, because Sting, Goldberg, Luger, DDP, Flair, Rick Steiner, Piper, and JJ Dillon were WCW's top faces. Fans weren't hating on Hall, Nash, Hennig, Rude and Savage anymore so those three were more genuinely loved as most of the boos were intended for Hogan, Bret and Bischoff anyways. And I don't think Hogan's outrageous demands in 1998 would've had to do with him requesting to put Macho Man in the Wolfpac. I think when the Wolfpac were using the Freebird loophole when Nash and Sting were WCW Tag Team Champions, it would've been a fresh sight to see Hall and Hennig being on the same side as Sting. And it was also fun to see Disco Inferno and Alex Wright get squashed by Nash, Luger, Konnan and Sting. Would've been even better if Hall, Savage, Hennig, Rude, Rick, Scott, Bagwell, DDP and Booker T took part in squashing Dancin' Fools.

Hogan should've taken Chris Jericho, Chavo Guerrero, Meng, Barbarian, Hugh Morrus and Jimmy Hart for additional members of nWo Hollywood instead. That way, it rightfully wouldn't be about making Hogan and his ego happy, and it also would've made Nash and Hall happy too.
Hollywood Hogan's nWo Hollywood should've been composed of Hollywood Hogan, The Giant, Brian Adams, Bret Hart, Scott Norton, Chris Jericho, Eric Bischoff, Meng, Barbarian, Jimmy Hart, Chavo Guerrero, Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, Tokyo Magnum, Hugh Morrus, Stevie Ray, Horace Hogan, Brutus Beefcake, Dennis Rodman and Mike Jones instead. What's wrong with being seen as an nWo full of monster heels than wanting to be the cool heels mixed with mostly monster heels?
Kevin Nash's nWo Wolfpac also would've been composed of Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Randy Savage, Konnan, Miss Elizabeth, Curt Hennig, Rick Rude, Dusty Rhodes, Lex Luger, Sting, Booker T, Diamond Dallas Page, Rick Steiner, Buff Bagwell and Scott Steiner. That way, when Savage, Sting, Luger, Hennig and Rude eventually went to the sidelines to nurse injuries, Wolfpac wouldn't be as severely weakened as they did thanks to Hogan's ridiculously outrageous booking demands in 1998.

I've always said that the Wolfpack should have been the gangsta gimmick while Hollywood should have stuck with the biker image; Hogan and savage should've been on one side and Hall and Nash on the other. Let nWo hollywood become bigger with a lot of the mid card guys and keep the Wolfpac small and full of potential top tier guys...

nWo Wolfpac: Nash, Hall, Konnan, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero

nWo Hollywood: Hogan, Savage, Bischoff, Giant, Disciple, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Curt Hennig, Steve Ray, Rick Rude, Brian Adams, Vincent

start the split in January, make it official by March and make it a blood feud between the factions until WarGames where they have a loser disbands stip and nWo Hollywood loses, Wolfpac slowly phases out the nWo name and becomes a face group akin to the DX Army

I've always said that the Wolfpack should have been the gangsta gimmick while Hollywood should have stuck with the biker image; Hogan and savage should've been on one side and Hall and Nash on the other. Let nWo hollywood become bigger with a lot of the mid card guys and keep the Wolfpac small and full of potential top tier guys...

nWo Wolfpac: Nash, Hall, Konnan, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero

nWo Hollywood: Hogan, Savage, Bischoff, Giant, Disciple, Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell, Scott Norton, Curt Hennig, Steve Ray, Rick Rude, Brian Adams, Vincent

start the split in January, make it official by March and make it a blood feud between the factions until WarGames where they have a loser disbands stip and nWo Hollywood loses, Wolfpac slowly phases out the nWo name and becomes a face group akin to the DX Army

@relentless I see your point, but nWo Wolfpac needs Nash, Hall, Konnan, Savage, Hennig, Rude, Elizabeth, Scott Steiner, Bagwell, Rick Steiner, Lex Luger, Sting, DDP, Eddie Guerrero and Booker T to even up the numbers in terms of going toe-to-toe with nWo Hollywood.

Regardless of whether Hogan lobbied for Savage to join the Wolfpac, I say nobody wanted to boo Hall, Nash and Savage any longer. Plus, most of the heel heat boos were meant for Hogan, Bischoff and Bret Hart anyways. Savage was okay with the Wolfpac, with or without Hogan's outrageous demands and politics.

NWO Hollywood/Black And White: Hogan, Giant, Adams, Bret, Norton, Jericho, Bischoff, Meng, Barbarian, Jimmy Hart, Hugh Morrus, Chavo, Stevie Ray, Horace, Beefcake, Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, Tokyo Magnum, Vincent and Rodman.
vs
NWO Wolfpac: Nash, Hall, Konnan, Savage, Hennig, Rude, Elizabeth, Scott Steiner, Bagwell, Rick Steiner, Luger, Sting, DDP, Eddie, Booker and Dusty Rhodes.

nobody cared about Team WCW at that point anyways.

As a fan back 1998 I was disappointed Hall was not in the Wolfpac. I loved the Outsiders and the original Wolfpac of Hal, Nash, and Syxx but as grown adult who sees the bigger picture I understand why Hall went with Hogan. If Hall and joined Nash it would've been too predictable and blase. Everybody and their mom expected Hall to join the Wolfpac. There would be no heat there.

Having Hall join Hogan would give them two angles to work with. Hogan/Nash and Nash/Hall instead of one. Hall and Nash also would have overshadowed the other members. There was no way Sting, Luger and Konnan could match the Outsiders in terms of charisma, wrestling, or just straight up popularity. It would've have been less Wolfpac and more like Outsiders plus.

I agree Hall should not have been on TV in 1998. Hall even states in his shoot interview things might have been different had he stayed in the WWF. WWF was more about family. Vince would've kept Hall off tv and at home until he got his life straightened out or someone would have at least said something to him. I didn't agree with the alcoholism angle. It made Hall look weak and inferior to Nash. His physical appearance had already deteriorated. They should have made Hall about the money while Nash was about the outlaw image that the NWO had when they first arrived. It would have been more compelling than the tough love angle.

As a fan back 1998 I was disappointed Hall was not in the Wolfpac. I loved the Outsiders and the original Wolfpac of Hal, Nash, and Syxx but as grown adult who sees the bigger picture I understand why Hall went with Hogan. If Hall and joined Nash it would've been too predictable and blase. Everybody and their mom expected Hall to join the Wolfpac. There would be no heat there.

Having Hall join Hogan would give them two angles to work with. Hogan/Nash and Nash/Hall instead of one. Hall and Nash also would have overshadowed the other members. There was no way Sting, Luger and Konnan could match the Outsiders in terms of charisma, wrestling, or just straight up popularity. It would've have been less Wolfpac and more like Outsiders plus.

I agree Hall should not have been on TV in 1998. Hall even states in his shoot interview things might have been different had he stayed in the WWF. WWF was more about family. Vince would've kept Hall off tv and at home until he got his life straightened out or someone would have at least said something to him. I didn't agree with the alcoholism angle. It made Hall look weak and inferior to Nash. His physical appearance had already deteriorated. They should have made Hall about the money while Nash was about the outlaw image that the NWO had when they first arrived. It would have been more compelling than the tough love angle.

@Makaveli31

The Outsiders were not as boring as Harlem Heat and The Steiner Brothers tag teams were, at the time all three top WCW tag teams broke up in 1998. Harlem Heat broke up because Stevie Ray had an ankle injury for the later half of '97, and The Steiners broke up because Scott was long overdue for a heel turn and subsequent push in singles competition.

Hall defending the WCW Tag Team Championships with Sting as faces using the Freebird Rule loophole for the Wolfpac would've been a fresh sight to see too.

I didn't say the Outsiders were boring but having Hall return from hiatus (off TV for several months) and just have him join up with the Wolfpac (who had already split) would've been anti-climactic. Everyone expected Hall to return and join back up with Nash, Hall turning on Nash gave the angle a new swerve. The fact that all three broke up jys proves my point.

Hall teaming with Sting and/or Nash would not have been as fresh as having Hall feud with Nash. Hall had already done the Freebird thing with Syxx and Nash the year before.

@Makaveli31

Nash was alluding for Hall to return from hiatus after only a couple of months of being taken off TV after the 1998 Spring Break episode of Nitro and join up with the Wolfpac. There was buildup there for Hall in the Wolfpac. Nash even had Dusty Rhodes to hype up Hall's return at Slamboree '98 in the Red & Black colors of the Wolfpac.

Even Hall himself personally would've never taken Hogan's side at a time when Hogan and Nash had a heated feud, in the ring and away from the ring to behind the scenes.

BTW, I wonder what your thoughts on whether you think Randy Savage was a perfect fit for the Wolfpac or not, regardless of Hogan's lobbying for Macho to join the Wolfpac.

none of those other guys should have been in the Wolfpac; the red n black were doing the gangsta rap gimmick, Macho, Lex and Sting weren't cool like that, Konnan was a perfect fit as would have Booker T and Eddie or Rey. Also by doing it wit Hall/Nash against Hogan/Savage would give it a generational battle sort of feel with the top guys of the 80s vs the top guys of the 90s type thing.

I didn't think he was good fit for several reasons.

1) I viewed him as a loner. Someone who looked uneasy and out of place in tag teams and factions whether it be with the Mega Powers in the WWF or the NWO in WCW. He has a larger than life character and personality but was often overshadowed by guys with even larger physical characteristics and personas i.e. Hogan and Nash.

2) Let's face it. The Wolfpac was viewed as the "new generation" guys who listened to gangsta rap, wore the latest fashion, and used the latest slang. Nash and Konnan had the personalities to pull that off. Sting, Luger and Savage not so much. That's the way I viewed it. Nash and Konnan were 100% Wolfpac in wrestling and in promos. Luger and Sting needed to paired with guys like Nash but Savage had his own unique style and look. I didn't that type of character fit him.

3) Savage was a natural alpha dog. A guy with nickname "Macho Man" should not follow any man and should be leading a bevy of beautiful women. He was a wild card. Someone who could switch alliances in the blink of an eye and only when it fit him.

@Makaveli31

And what about Scott Steiner, Buff Bagwell and Miss Elizabeth? How do they fit the Wolfpac motif? And I have a feeling that in addition to Hall, Hennig and Rude listed as Kevin Nash's chosen Wolfpac lineup, Nash probably wanted Buff Bagwell on his team, and I think it makes sense given that Nash, Syxx, Konnan and Buff were the four men who represented Team nWo at WarGames at Fall Brawl in 1997. And given what we now know of Scott Steiner and his shoots on Hulk Hogan, I'm more inclined to be betting that Nash also wanted Steiner on his team too.

As for Savage, he just happens to be more versatile, so I have no reason to believe he won't fit with the Pac. Even Savage was 100% Wolfpac in wrestling and promos too.

Bagwell. Yes. He was the ideal candidate. He was a guy who could've definitely used a rub from a guy of Nash's stature to elevate himself. Bagwell had risen above what he was as a member of different tag teams to strictly singles but had not yet cracked that upper echelon. A rub from Nash could vault him into the elite category. Buff's personality and character also fit in with the cutting edge Wolfpac. He was younger, cooler version of Lex Luger.

Scott Steiner is a different story. He fit more in with the traditional heel black and white. Steiner had a mean, abrasive personality that made it hard for you to cheer him. He was definitely not a "tweener" like Nash but a traditional heel like Hogan. Steiner is also a type A personality. I couldn't see him coming second to Nash like a Buff or a Scott Hall. Steiner would have to be numero uno. I could see Steiner biting his tongue for a year, waiting for Hogan to retire than taking over the black and white..

As far as Liz. She was arm candy. I didn't really see her fitting into either NWO groups. She was too classy. She belonged on the arm of Randy Savage circa 1988-89. To me, she was too much of a lady to be involved with the likes of Nash and Steiner.

Booker T had the harlem gangsta thing going for him, Eddie and/or Rey could have easily had the chicano thug thing going for them just like Konnan so they would have fit the Wolfpac. Buff would have been ideal had he not broken his neck, after that the best move they could've made was to have him as Scotts heel manager. rick steiner, ddp, curt hennig and rick rude wouldn't have fit the Wolfpac at all.

@relentless1

So did Stevie Ray, he seemed to have the Harlem gangsta act going for him too.

yes he did, but it was time for Booker to be a singles star, being in the Wolfpac seems like a step back from that but it really wouldn't have been, I could see him feuding with his brother then Scott Steiner in the black n white..possibly over the TV or US title.

The Hollywood vs. Wolfpac feud was complete crap in the first place.

Someone in this topic said "no one cared about Team WCW at that point anyways", that's all you need to know right there why they lost their grip at being the top company.

@Chris1-16

1998 was still WCW's most successful year financially though. WCW didn't get bad until Vince Russo arrived in late 1999, and even then, the blame lies squarely on Time Warner executives who either know very little about wrestling, or unlike Ted Turner, do not care about wrestling on any of their TV network slots.

nWo was far too cool and popular than a Team WCW that now was down to Goldberg, DDP, Ultimate Warrior, Roddy Piper, Rick Steiner, Ric Flair and Booker T. Sorry if this is a problem with you, but WWE revisionist history want you to think that nWo Wolfpac wasn't over with the fans, when in reality, it's not true. Wolfpac were ABSOLUTELY over with the fans. Look at the face crowd pops they'd get with Nash, Savage, Konnan, Luger and especially Sting. More crowd members were wearing Wolfpac shirts than nWo Hollywood or Original nWo shirts.

I am just a realist for what it was.

I know 98 was WCW's most successful year, that could be attributed to Goldberg and the deep roster though not that BS NWO vs. NWO stuff. That "feud" had absolutely no impact on the ratings and it was clearly a political power play by Nash because he wanted Hogan's spot, just compete garbage all around. Hogan barely even focused on the Wolfpac, he'd rather have matches with celebrities :rolleyes:.

And believe me, the cracks in WCW were clearly showing already in 98, I've seen a lot of 3 hour Nitro, Thunder, and PPV shows from that year, most of them were horrendous. Very easy to see how WWE surpassed them in both TV and PPV quality in 98.

@Chris1-16

You're forgetting that most of the problems Hogan had with Nash can actually be traced back to Hogan always getting his way all the time, having to abuse his creative control clause in 1998 to keep Nash at bay. There's a reason why Hogan had to get Bischoff to book it to a point where NWO Hollywood would deliver the beatdowns just because Nash is too awesome on the mic and Wolfpac were mostly full of worked shoot mic workers. Hogan wanted Nash and the Wolfpac to be whipping boys to ensure that whenever a Wolfpac member gets the receiving end of the NWO B&W beatdown, not a single fellow member of the Wolfpac came out to even the odds. An example of Hogan's exorbitant demands getting out of control by 1998. Hogan was alright in 1996 and 1997 when he first joined forces with the nWo because it gave us a fresh side of Hogan we all wanted to see, but by 1998, it was clear that fans just wanted Hogan to go away and step aside for Nash and Hall.

When you have Bischoff praising Hogan a lot backstage, while Sting and Lex Luger take Nash's side, then obviously, the problems can be traced back to Hogan and Bischoff. My issue with Syxx being fired by Bischoff was because Bischoff fired Syxx, to show Scott Hall and Kevin Nash who's boss.

Hall was going through a lot of turmoil around the same time. He had to go through Louie Spicolli's death, Sean Waltman being fired via FedEx as Bischoff's power play message to show Hall and Nash who's boss, and now his soon to be ex-wife Dana divorcing him in '98 because she drove him away without a support circle. All these problems factored in, and led Hall to be consumed by his own alcoholism, and that's when it became public knowledge via dirt sheets for the first time to the public eye.

I still say Hall and Nash got the raw end of the Hogan/Nash behind-the-scenes feud, coz Hogan had to take Hall, Hennig, Bagwell, Steiner and Rude away from Nash because those five were Nash's closest pals at that point in time. Hogan was only doing those power play transactions to put the screws to Nash. And this thread topic is not about Goldberg, it's about the real-life backstage feud that festered between Kevin Nash and Hollywood Hogan.

We already know Nash is way better at doing shoot promos than Hogan, so Hogan only did those power play moves because he was scared that his nWo Hollywood would be like the Dungeon of Doom, only this time, with the leader being the same guy who once fought against the Dungeon of Doom in '95-'96 as a Hulkamaniac babyface with a face run that bombed in his early WCW years from '94-early '96. Hogan only had Giant and Bischoff as the decent mic talkers, while Brian Adams, Scott Norton, Vincent, Horace Hogan and Brutus Beefcake weren't any good on the mic. Hogan was also scared that if nWo Wolfpac had Nash, Hall, Savage, Konnan, Hennig, Rude, Elizabeth, Luger, Sting, Scott Steiner, Bagwell, Rick Steiner, DDP, Booker T and Eddie Guerrero on the same side, then Hogan was more concerned that he'd be absolutely undoubtedly decimated on promos, because he's more of a cartoon character than the realistic Hall and Nash/Outsiders duo.

@Eternal Champion

I understand exactly what you're saying about Hogan, he made WCW a toxic environment to be around in 98 and he alienated a lot of people. His ringwork had also hit an all time low, I had no problem with him being champion and at the top of the card in 97 due to the big storyline with Sting but how that ended was what really caused people to get on Hogan hard for the remainder of his WCW run, it all came from him not putting Sting over cleanly. The White and Black vs. Red and Black feud was doomed to fail regardless because Hogan had no interest in putting anyone over at that point anyway, if Bischoff hadn't been so desperate to stop Raw's winning streak Hogan wouldn't have put over Goldberg either.

@Chris1-16

Hogan not putting over Sting had to do with Sting being unprepared for their PPV match at Starrcade '97 that was supposed to be an epic one, but turned out to be a bust. If Sting wasn't addicted to painkillers, was dedicated enough to continue keeping in shape at either his gyms or doing matches in Japan, as well as the fact that Sue Borden was this close to divorcing Sting because although he got off the steroids when he transitioned from Surfer to Crow in '95-'96, he got hooked on painkillers and alcohol, maybe Hogan would've been willing to put Sting over as planned.

At least Hogan was dedicated enough to make an effort to make his match with Sting work, even if Sting was ultimately not going to be a winner in the end. But it was clear to me that Sting wasn't even trying at all. Keep in mind that all this was before Sting became a Born-Again Christian the following year in 1998. He became a Christian, joined the nWo Wolfpac because he needed to be moved out of the main event scene while having something to do without going on auto-pilot, and spent the remainder of 1998 going to rehab to recover from addictions to alcohol, painkillers and drugs.

There was a reason why WCW bookers had Bret Hart put Sting out of action after Halloween Havoc '98 with a kayfabe knee injury via backstage brawl. After going through the process of drug rehab, Sting aka Steve Borden never again touched any of the drugs ever since.

@The Eternal Champion

Even if that was the case with Sting when it came to Hogan not putting him over cleanly we can't ignore the fact that Hogan did do harm to WCW in the following years and he sabotaged Goldberg's title reign by still being the top headliner afterwards. Considering Sting's situation Hogan might've just used that as a cop out, it wasn't like that was the only time Hogan refused to put someone over when he was supposed to.

@Chris1-16

And my issue with Hogan was over his feud with Kevin Nash.

It clearly showed in the booking/storylines for the rest of 1998 when Kevin Nash and the nWo Wolfpac were made to be booked like the laughing stock when a Wolfpac member was on the receiving end of a beatdown courtesy of nWo Hollywood and Bret Hart, and no other Wolfpac member would come to the aid of the one Wolfpac member taking a beatdown.

@The Eternal Champion

The problem with that NWO vs. NWO garbage was simply that no one gave a damn about the WCW side other than Bill Goldberg or Diamond Dallas Page. You had over a dozen NWO Black and White members, only 4-5 Wolfpac members and then only 2 main event level WCW members, it was uneven.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back