The bright sparks of NXT

rich12341

Dark Match Jobber
When I can i try to make an effort to watch NXT, and I am usually impressed as it can be more entertaining than certain Raw's or Smackdown's.

Hearing about the Kassius Ohno saga got me thinking about the rest of the NXT roster and which of the talent are future WWE stars and which are deadwood.

This is a pretty straight forward thread and a simple question, which of NXT roster would you like to see and/or which do you think WILL make it to the main shows?

In my humble opinion the 5 I see as having alot5 of potential are:
1. Jake Carter (Vader's son)
2.Adrian Neville
3.Corey Graves
4.Travis Tyler
5.Richie Steamboat (if he returns from injury, finger crossed)

i'd love to see Kruger on the show, i think he has a solid amount of potential. I'd also like to see Neville on the main roster, kid is top notch in the ring

I agree with you about NXT being a very good show, i watch the entire show and enjoy it all even the diva matches. I also like how when a main roster guy comes down it looks and feels like a big deal, also I love the commentary of Regal he's so crabby and mean but he keeps it real.

My top 5 for NXT.

1. Adrian Neville

2. Kassius Ohno

3. Corey Graves

4. Sami Zayn

5. Conor O'bryan

I like Travis Tyler and Jason Jordan, but for the love of all that is holy change their names!!!! Adrian, Corey, and Steamboat have the highest potential out of the 5 you mentioned, and i'm also a fan of Leo Kruger.

Now that you mentioned "dead wood", I might as well give you my intake on most of the guys that I think won't, or at least shouldn't, amount to anything.

Colin Cassidy has a good look, but he reminds me a lot of Ted Debiase (Jr.), which isn't that much of a good thing. I think we already know that everyone hates Bo Dallas. Angelo Dawkins is bland and boring. Knuckles Madsen is just down right hideous. Baron Corbin should NEVER of gotten those tattoos. I see nothing in Enzo Amore. Garrett Dylan is Trevor Murdoch 2.0. Jake Carter has a good look, but needs some new gear. Judas Devlin needs to go. Ohno is really good, but needs to hit the gym. Mojo Rawley is an absolute joke. Scott Dawson doesn't bring anything to the table. Troy McClain is bland and generic. Dante Dash is basically a Black Batista (Blacktista).

I also think that Sami Zayn (El Generico) and Luke Harper have bright futures. I think that once Harper is done with the Wyatt family he should be repackaged into a Test/Kevin Nash character. His big boot is just awesome!

I agree with you about NXT being a very good show, i watch the entire show and enjoy it all even the diva matches. I also like how when a main roster guy comes down it looks and feels like a big deal, also I love the commentary of Regal he's so crabby and mean but he keeps it real.

My top 5 for NXT.

1. Adrian Neville

2. Kassius Ohno

3. Corey Graves

4. Sami Zayn

5. Conor O'bryan

Conor O'Brian and Ric Victor (replacement for Kenneth Cameron) as The Ascension would be my pick as a bright spot for NXT. Especially since they are an actual tag-team. Have a tag team finisher (Fall of Man, which is a running Total Elimination move, so a modified version of one of the best tag moves of all time), functions as a tag-team, nice entrance, great gimmick with the "Underworld" stuff. If Cameron did not mess-up, may have been already called up, but Victor has taken his spot. With WWE now actually having some tags (not just talent stuck together....), the Ascension would be gold.

I'm not totally sure what the intention of the thread is, so I'll add a non-spam top 5 of my own :)

1) Leo Kruger
He may not be the best or the youngest guy on the roster, but he's a "groot vis in 'n klein dam". I finally have an idea how the Khali marks feel. I like him in the ring and I love how he always spouts something in Afrikaans, making it feel like an inside joke between the two of us. He plays the mad, infantile hunter perfectly. I'll wipe myself off now...

Not necessarily the wrestling itself, but all the other little things he does in the ring is great. He's not a bad wrestler either, with a mix of technique and power.

2) Paige
While I don't personally care about the diva's, this lady has the NXT arena on FIRE! They can't get enough of her. Having heard a few of her promos, I guess she's pretty good and she has a nice gimmick and look, too.

The anti-diva is a very smarky gimmick, but it could work as face or heel. The crowd at NXT is pretty easy, though, so I'm holding thumbs for a big reaction in the main show.

3) Kassius Ohno
Love this guy! He doesn't wow with his spots, isn't a man-bison and he isn't a great technical guy, but his striking style works for me and they're doing a good job of promoting it, too. His little feud with Regal showed he can work a mic just fine and I'll be damned if he never gets called up to the main roster because of his love-handles...

Apparently, he used to wrestle in a wifebeater in his early days, so if it worked for Matt Hardy...

4) Corey Graves
I don't like this guy at all, but the fans love him and he has a very adaptable style (I think). Personally, I think his hair is shit, his tats are shit and his attire is shit, but I'll admit that it stands out and the fans seem to love him. At 29, he has a better chance of a huge future than Kruger (34) or Ohno (33), so he's certainly a guy to watch.

5) Conner O'Brian
This guy... I love to mention how he's one of the unluckiest guys in the business. First he was "The Rat" Conner O'Brian, then he grew a beard under Kozlov's tutelage, then his tag-partner got the boot after a DUI. His current gimmick is amazing, BUT the reason I've put him so low, is because I don't know how the WWE are going to book them once their eventual initial monster push inevitably ends.

1.) Bo Dallas (infinite stream of booing) He's NXT champ so he's GOING to make it, hell he eliminated Wade Barrett in the Royal Rumble and kicked his ass backstage during their mini feud.
2.) Xavier Woods. He's got skill, Charisma, He's billed from Angel Grove, California so he gets to yell "It's Morphin Time" before his signature. his promo's are crisp and he's got experience from TNA.
3.) Emma. Her dance would catch fire more than it does at full sail in a WWE ring. She's got enough skill now to easily feud with AJ, or the Bellas since they're the top 3 heel Divas.
4.) Bayley. Her gimmick of star struck and adorable is just too good. She can work really well and her character is solid enough.
5.) Corey Graves. Whether it was feuding with Rollins on his last days in NXT for the belt or the Wyatt Family, he's an eye catcher.I can easily see him reupping his feud with a shield member, maybe Ambrose for the US title if he can't find a partner to take on Reigns and Rollins. Or he could have a non-title feud with a heel and make that work.

NXT is a great wrestling show and I agree with rich12341 that I do end up watching the whole show. They keep it simple and you can tell the show is booked and managed by old school veterans. It does feel like the Saturday morning wrestling shows of the past. I remember there was a time when I angry with WWE for not bringing up Seth Rollins right away into the main roster as I was a big fan of his but HHH's "you can't unsee something you already saw, it better to peak later than sooner" mentality is quite sound. These guys are getting great time develop their characters under the major production value of WWE and it's going quite nice. Kudos to the WWE for making their new performance centre which looks very impressive and if I was a new wrestler going into the WWE right now I'd be very excited.

I'm impressed with a lot of people on that show but here are some I enjoy right now and I think will make it on the main show:

Leo Kruger- I was big fan of his earlier gimmick where he looked and acted like South American royalty, he looked the part and played it well. This new stalker crazy gimmick works too but I think the earlier persona, would have stood out more in WWE. What I really like about Kruger these days is his finisher, he sits on guy and traps his arm, and lately sets it up with falling arm breaker. I'm a big fan of submissions, and they tell a good story in a match. He's got all the tools to make it.

Corey Graves- At first I thought he was a pretty boy wanna CM Punk knock off. But that's not fair to say, Punk certainly wasn't the first man ever to get tatoos. He is over with crowd and I really enjoyed all these different personalities coming together to fight the Wyatt family. He's got a future.

Adrian Neville- I've seen this guy before in other companies and on any given night this guy could tear the roof off any buidling in the world. I really hate how WWE crushes the move set and artistic freedom of a guy's move set to a few key moves but I guess that's just the nature of the beast. He's still amazing to watch. I don't think it's a case of if he makes it to the main roster but when.

Sami Zayn- Good for Sami Zayn. At first I was dissapointed the mask was gone and there was no more El Generico, it was a risky but interesting move. Zayn is fun guy but is a competitor and will not back down from a challenge. His first week on the show where he defeated Curt Hawkins and Antonio Cezaro in one night really set the tone for character. This is another amazing talent that can blow the roof of any house in wrestling. He's gonna make it.

Enzo Amoure- This is a guy that I have seen 3 times now and always makes me laugh. The self proclaimed "Reelest guy in the room" possesses great promos that are creative, funny and entertaining. He reminds me a little dog that thinks he's the biggest and baddest. I'm not sure if I would bring him up at this moment but I'm say this, he's far more entertaining than a lot of guys on the main roster who he most likely refer to as...SAUUUUFFTTTTTT! lol

My top 5 on NXT Have to be :
1. Sami Zayn : The matches he has recently been putting on with Cesaro have been brilliant and i know El Generico from the indy scene, and he has definently carried most of that character over to the WWE.

2.Adrian Neville : Good ol' Geordie, Eh ? Brilliant wrestler, Pac would be a brilliant foil for a non-3MB drew mcintyre as before they were both WWE superstars they had excellent matches on the indy scene in the UK. Oh yeah, bring back Cruiserweight title to the WWE for guys like Neville.

3.Xavier Woods : Charisma, In-Ring skills and all out brilliant superstar. Hes gonna be the kids favourite in a few years. Modern day R-Truth but better.

4.Kassius Ohno : Chris Hero's feud with the one and only William Regal was fantastic. Showcased both mens talent especially Hero's. Get Colt Cabana back and get these guys feuding or make Ohno join the real americans and reforge Kings of Wrestling.

5.Paige : Is it just me or does she just *scream* talent ? Her vs AJ will be the modern day Stratus vs Lita mark my words, She's just stunning.

1) Paige: If she keeps the pace she has right now, you are looking at the future face of the Diva's division. Overall I really like what NXT is doing with the Diva's division. Although the division has been in the slums I feel that once some of these talents make it to the main roster along with A.J., Kaitlyn, Natalya, Naomi, The Bellas, Layla and possibly Angelina Love and a returning Kharma the Diva's division could be interesting to watch.

2) Corey Graves: A lot of people don't like him, but he has all the tools to be a breakout star on the main roster. He has a very interesting look that I think would catch on with a lot of younger fans and he has a lot of in ring skill.

3) Leo Kruger: Although he has a little age on him, I think he could really make an impact on the main roster if booked right. I think with a mouthpiece like Zeb Colter or even a part of a tag team as the enforcer he could be a star.

4) Adrian Neville:Only reason I don't have him as #1 is because I can't see WWE doing much with him on the main roster. Although I think he is better than Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel and Tyson Kidd he fits into that category and we see how far WWE pushes those guys. I think with the right program and right amount of exposure he could be a future champion, but as of right now I see him coming to the main roster either in a tag team or as a lower mid-card excitement guy.

5)Bo Dallas:Like it or not, WWE is grooming this guy to be a main roster star. Although he fell a little short at the beginning of the year, I feel the writing is on the wall and Bo Dallas will be on the main roster and in a fairly large capacity by this time next year or sooner.

I didn't include Sami Zayn and Kassius Ohno because I feel that it is given they will at least get a shot to prove themselves on the main roster. I feel they should pull the trigger on Emma and move her to the main roster sooner than later. I say once Santino comes back pair her with him and have him feud with Fandango. It would be comedy, but it would work for what WWE is going for her goofy dancing would probably get over well as the face to Fandango's heel.

Adrian Neville
Emma
Paige
Conor O' Brien (who's long overdue on being in the main roster)
Kassius Ohno (If he keeps his act together)

1. The Wyatts, though they're leaving very soon for the main roster (they still show up on NXT along with the main roster.) Great promos by Brayy, great brutality in the ring.

2. Leo Kruger- I haven't seen much of him, but I like his look and gimmick.

3. Kassius Ohno- Great wrestler, good look.

1) Sami Zayn

Zayn, like Punk and Bryan before him, has shown you can still be as exciting as you were in the indies after WWE 'adjusts' your moveset. He's like a young Rey Mysterio, except he's got much more charisma and likability. His limited promo time has shown he's decent on the mic, and can probably get better if he asks for help. And his selling is like Evan Bourne's in that you actually feel sympathy for the guy.

If he's allowed to let his personality out, he could be big in the WWE. I hope he gets that chance.

2) Leo Kruger

This guy remind me of a young Triple H, combining technique with athleticism. He's really enjoyable to watch and he's really close to being ready for the main roster. His gimmick is really cool and creepy, and it should translate well on the big stage as long as it's not booked in a goofy manner like the Boogeyman ended up.

3) Kassius Ohno

Despite the issues surrounding WWE's requests and his physique, he's still great in the ring and decent on the microphone. If he gets himself sorted out, he would fit in anywhere and could genuinely end up fighting for world titles. We'll have to wait and see if he does hit the gym a bit more.

4) Paige

She has all the tools to be the greatest female wrestler of all time. Simple as that. She's great in the ring, beloved by NXT fans, she has the charisma, she has the gimmick and she's gorgeous. If she's given some good competition, more than just A.J. and Kaitlyn, then she could be the biggest female superstar since Trish Stratus.

5) Xavier Woods

I see this guy as the next Kofi Kingston, take that as you want. He's fast, fun and charismatic and would be a great career midcarder. Whether or not he has what it takes to get to the top of the card is questionable, but he'll be a great Intercontinental and U.S. champion for years to come.

Honourable mention:

Bayley

I adore this girl because of her gimmick. She has an infectious smile and you just want to give her a hug. Then she gets in the ring, and she's pretty damn good there too. A Paige vs. Bayley rivalry on Raw would be wonderful.

Now, as bonus answer, the guys in NXT who are overrated.

Adrian Neville

I'm sorry, but this guy has no charisma or presence whatsoever. He's so clearly nervous when he's expected to give a promo. He's just another Justin Gabriel. He does some cool flips and has a stunning finisher, and that's the only appeal he has. He's only going to get as far as Justin Gabriel.

Corey Graves

You can be scruffy and tattooed if you have the IT factor, like Punk. But Graves really doesn't have the IT factor, he just looks like a disgruntled, tattooed man incapable of smiling. He's not that good in the ring, he's not that good in the mic, and I don't guy why people like him so much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back