What is your favorite NXT Takeover event so far?

Which Takeover was the best?

• Arrival

• NXT Takeover

• Fatal 4-Way

• R-Evolution

• Rival

• Unstoppable

• Brooklyn

• Respect

• London

• Dallas

• The End

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dagger Dias

One Winged Admin
Staff member
Administrator
There's no denying that the NXT Takeover events have been some of the most entertaining nights of the past couple of years. I always look forward to them and they never disappoint. The events showcase the talent from NXT and have set rather high standards whether it is a championship match, an end to an intense rivalry, tag team matches, or even standard singles matches. The quality is through the roof compared to nearly all of the main roster's events. There have now been 10 of these Takeover events, 11 if you count NXT Arrival.

What I want to know in this thread is.... Which NXT Takeover event has been your favorite so far and why?

Here is a listing of the previous events held under the title of "NXT Takeover" so far:

Arrival (2/27/2914)
  • Cesaro VS Sami Zayn
  • CJ Parker VS Mojo Rawley
  • The Ascension VS Too Cool (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Emma VS Paige (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Tyler Breeze VS Xavier Woods
  • Adrian Neville VS Bo Dallas (Ladder Match for the NXT Championship)

NXT Takeover (5/29/2014)
  • Adam Rose VS Camacho
  • The Ascension VS El Local & Kalisto (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Sami Zayn VS Tyler Breeze (#1 contendership to the NXT Championship)
  • Charlotte (with Ric Flair) VS Natalya (with Bret Hart) [NXT Women's Championship]
  • Adrian Neville VS Tyson Kidd (NXT Championship)

Fatal 4-Way (9/11/2014)
  • The Ascension VS The Lucha Dragons (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Baron Corbin VS CJ Parker
  • Enzo Amore (with Colin Cassady) VS Sylvester Lefort (with Marcus Louis) [Hair VS Hair match]
  • Bull Dempsey VS Mojo Rawley
  • Bayley VS Charlotte (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Adrian Neville VS Sami Zayn VS Tyler Breeze VS Tyson Kidd (Fatal 4-Way match for the NXT Championship)

R-Evolution (12/11/2014)
  • CJ Parker VS Kevin Owens
  • The Lucha Dragons VS The Vaudevillains (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Baron Corbin VS Tye Dillinger
  • Finn Bálor & Hideo Itami VS The Ascension
  • Charlotte VS Sasha Banks (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Adrian Neville VS Sami Zayn (Singles match for the NXT Championship where if Zayn lost, he would have voluntarily quit NXT)

Rival (2/11/2015)
  • Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady VS The Vaudevillains
  • Hideo Itami VS Tyler Breeze
  • Baron Corbin VS Bull Dempsey
  • Blake and Murphy VS The Lucha Dragons (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Adrian Neville VS Finn Bálor (#1 Contendership for the NXT Championship)
  • Bayley VS Becky Lynch VS Charlotte VS Sasha Banks (Fatal 4-Way match for the NXT Women's Championship)
  • Kevin Owens VS Sami Zayn (NXT Championship)

Unstoppable (5/20/2015)
  • Finn Bálor VS Tyler Breeze (#1 contendership for the NXT Championship)
  • Bayley and Charlotte VS Emma and Dana Brooke
  • Baron Corbin VS Rhyno
  • Blake and Murphy VS Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady (with Carmella) [NXT Tag Team Championship]
  • Becky Lynch VS Sasha Banks (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Kevin Owens VS Sami Zayn (NXT Championship)

Brooklyn (8/22/2015)
  • Jushin Thunder Liger VS Tyler Breeze
  • Blake and Murphy (with Alexa Bliss) VS The Vaudevillains (with Blue Pants) [NXT Tag Team Championship]
  • Apollo Crews VS Tye Dillinger
  • Baron Corbin VS Samoa Joe
  • Bayley VS Sasha Banks (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Finn Bálor VS Kevin Owens (Ladder Match for the NXT Championship)

Respect (10/7/2015)
  • Dash Wilder and Scott Dawson VS Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe (Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic semi-final)
  • Baron Corbin and Rhyno VS Jason Jordan and Chad Gable (Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic semi-final)
  • Asuka VS Dana Brooke (with Emma)
  • Apollo Crews VS Tyler Breeze
  • Finn Bálor and Samoa Joe VS Baron Corbin and Rhyno (Dusty Rhodes Tag Team Classic final)
  • Bayley VS Sasha Banks (30 Minute Iron Man Match for the NXT Women's Championship)

London (12/16/2015)
  • Asuka VS Emma (with Dana Brooke)
  • Enzo Amore and Colin Cassady (with Carmella) VS Scott Dawson and Dash Wilder [NXT Tag Team Championsip]
  • Apollo Crews VS Baron Corbin
  • Bayley VS Nia Jax (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Finn Bálor VS Samoa Joe (NXT Championship)

Dallas (4/1/2016)
  • American Alpha VS The Revival (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Austin Aries VS Baron Corbin
  • Shinsuke Nakamura VS Sami Zayn
  • Asuka VS Bayley (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Finn Bálor VS Samoa Joe (NXT Championship)

The End (6/8/2016)
  • Andrade "Cien" Almas VS Tye Dillinger
  • American Alpha VS The Revival (NXT Tag Team Championship)
  • Austin Aries VS Shinsuke Nakamura
  • Asuka VS Nia Jax (NXT Women's Championship)
  • Finn Balor VS Samoa Joe (Steel Cage Match for the NXT Championship)

For me personally, my favorite was NXT Takeover Dallas. I may be a bit biased due to having attended it in person.... but it was just as enjoyable watching it again on the WWE Network. The matches were awesome (especially Sami VS Nakamura) and it was one of the most fun nights I have ever had as a wrestling fan.

How about you, which NXT Takeover event was YOUR favorite and why?

Discuss! :)

I had to vote Dallas. There are a lot of great matches from others takeovers(Zayn vs Neville, Zayn vs Owens, Bayley vs Sasha(both matches). But Dallas was the most complete card they have had. there wasnt a bad match on there

Very tough call, but Takeover R Evolution takes it for me. This was my first NXT special . I had seen highlights of others, but this was my first opportunity to watch a card top to bottom.

First just an incredible card, and considering this was my first exposure to a handful of these wrestlers (Owens, Balor, Banks, Itami), I was enchanted. It's no small feat for a wrestler that I'm unfamiliar with hold my attention so thoroughly, and it happened with four differen wrestlers.

Also, the through-line of action. The whole program supported the career threatening match for Sami Zayn. Owens debuting that night, commentary not shying away from their friendship, and a beautiful moment where Sami was preparing in the locker room and sharing a glance with Owens. As if to say 'you can't leave yet, I just got here's. And as unfortunate as it was, Corey Graves's retirement was given it's own pomp and circumstance, but peripherally complimented the looming threat of Sami's retirement.

Lastly, that main event. Even if it was for one night only, Neville was absolutely remarkable as a heel. That's commendable for a high flyer in this day and age. His "heel tactics" were being too quick and untouchable for Sami. And of course, Sami's moral choice near the end of the match, a fantastic post match celebration, and am even better soiling of said celebration with Owens dropping Sami.

Just overall, the whole card as engaging and made me feel like a kid again.

I've only seen Dallas and The End (got the network back in February) but Rival I must say, looks like it had the most stacked card ever.

Unstoppable got my vote. It had a really strong card and not a bad match on it. Throw in Samoa Joe's debut and Bayley vs. Sasha, and it's the best IMO.

The End, Dallas, and R Evolution are all very close seconds.

I mixed Respect and Brooklyn up when I voted, but the Ironwoman match and having Women headline the event was the greatest thing for me.

London gets a 2nd for me, just because the crowd over there gave the entire card a whole different feel for me. Outside of Apollo Crews vs Baron Corbin being a very vanilla and forgettable little feud, the rest of the card was solid for it.

I chose Unstoppable.

There's a bit of a sweet spot there because it's the Takeover that "hooked" me on to watching NXT. I actually did watch the previous takeover but I guess I just wasn't familiar enough with everyone to fully enjoy it. Though "Rival" still gets a lot of credit for encouraging me to keep up.

Banks and Becky didn't have the feud that Bayley/Banks had but they still stole the show for me, and the ovation Becky received from the crowd after losing was really nice to see. Owens/Zayn and Balor/Breeze just sweetened the deal for Unstopabble being my favorite takeover.

Definitely Brooklyn. I was at the event and it's one of the best wrestling shows I ever attended. Not only that though, top to bottom an excellet show. From Liger making his wwe debut to the excellent ladder match. Best match was Bayley vs Sasha. Great story leading into it and the match was epic. I didn't mind the Horsewomen breaking character afterwards. In fact that was one of the highlights of an amazing show.

Throw in Samoa Joe's debut and Bayley vs. Sasha, and it's the best IMO.

You're thinking of Brooklyn, sweetheart. Or you mean Becky vs. Sasha.

But Brooklyn is the correct answer. Red hot crowd, great matches from the top to bottom, and a big-event feel with special guests and special entrances.

I have to go with last years nxt brooklyn show which was just an awesome from beginning to end. After this the quality of those nxt special hasn't been has good, even the dallas one I thought did keep my attention throuout and some matches weren't that great.

Tonight nxt special has been again decent with only the last 3 matchs been great and the undercard being decent which seem to be the formula for those nxt special since takeover brooklyn 1

I gotta go with the only one that isn't on the list and that's Back to Brooklyn. I was on the edge of my seat from the opening match to the end of the main event. With the exception of Roode vs Almas I was pulled into every match and I thought both competitors had a chance of winning. Especially the tag title match, oh sweet Jesus the tag title match.

I'll admit to being a bit biased because tonight was the first one I saw live but it was truly amazing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back