WWE needs a C Show

Are we all forgetting that WWE is about to have their own network so I'm sure we will get the C show your looking for plus more

I personally think that Superstars should be extended to two hours and taped as a separate event. Have it centered around the midcard and low card guys, but ALWAYS have one of the main event guys in the main event match just to ensure that people would tune in/attend (i.e. John Cena vs. Drew McIntyre, CM Punk vs. Heath Slater, Randy Orton vs. Jinder Mahal, etc).

ECW didn't work because it wasn't ECW. It was no where close to the original and when you call something ECW we want ECW damnit

Sadly people like you through out its run ignored what was the best wrestling program of 2008 and half of 2009 purely because it wasn't what its named implied. It wasn't ECW yes, it was a third show that put on a quality product that helped elevate new stars while keeping older stars relevant.

WWE does need a C show, ECWWE (late 07 - its death in 2010) was a damn fine product. It gave people such as Miz, Morrison, Henry, Finlay, M-Hardy, Shelton, Regal, Kane, Christian, Goldust something to do while they had no room on the main rosters. It also brought in new talent constantly with some of them going on to be world champions on the main rosters.

Stop screwing around with the contest which is forgotten every two weeks of NXT season 4. Give them some meaningless title to fight for, rename it something appropriate, put a couple of upper-midcarders that have nothing to do on it and you've got yourself a mighty fine wrestling show for an hour a week.

Was such a simple yet good product vastly ignored due to its name and was removed in favour of what started out as a kayfabe competition which has now resorted to a year long competition that has been largely ignored for the past year.

they cant have a c show since smackdown and raw r the same and superstars and nxt are just aire time.....but should wwe bring in a new one or renew ecw or wcw i seriously thinks that the top contenders on the roster should revolve around:

brodus clay
kurt hawkins
santino (IF HE DOESNT GET A WORLD TITLE SOON IM GONNA KILL ME SELF)
ziggler
swagger
and mr woo woo woo himself Zack Ryder as the cena of the third show

I think WWE does need a C show. ECW was a really good show before it got cancelled. It debuted many of today's main players such as CM Punk, Kofi and Jack Swagger. It helped wrestlers such as Matt Hardy, Christian, John Morrison and The Miz get their breakthrough. And it helped Mark Henry, Christian and CM Punk make the transition to World Champions by giving them credibility with their ECW Title reigns. It featured great wrestling matches, contributed matches on PPVs and sometimes the ECW Championship looked more prestigious than the main world titles.

The only complains on the show was it wasn't the original ECW so I don't see why not debut a new show under a different name but with a similar system. NXT wouldn't work since it was billed to be a reality show like Tough Enough instead of a brand. For those people who said ECW was a failure, it was consistently pulling higher rating than TNA and that is pretty okay for a C show.

WWE doesn't need another show that's just like a crappier version of the other two shows. What they should do is make a C show that doesn't focus on "sports entertainment," They should find premiere indy wrestlers and have them put on top quality pro-wrestling matches (not the ******ed WWE style match with the limited movesets). They don't even have to sign these guys really, just have them work on a per-appearance deal. If they got dead weight, they can cut them if they like them, they can sign them on to the main rosters.

It takes a lot of money to run these shows (with sets, pyro, etc). Having another show just doesn't work.
1) Raw and Smackdown take up 4 hours of TV time now. A large group of people watch one show or the other, not both. Even if they watch both, more time spent watching wrestling just isn't in the cards because of busy lives. It's too expensive for WWE to have another show (on top of those, Superstars and NXT).
2) Who would watch it? They would build some of the lower mid-card stars until they reach the big time but do people (the vast majority, not the internet community) want to see Heath Slater (as an example) as the 'top guy' on the show right now?
3) WWE still haven't found a spot for NXT on TV in the US. That show is lucky to have lasted this long on the internet.

Right now, with 2 major shows, 1 minor show and a webcast, there isn't any more room for WWE broadcasting.

Not only I agree with U,Ican say that wwe does not need superstars or nxt.they already have a lot of stars that they can cut the supershow crap & strengthen the mid-card & tag team division.the brand division than makes a a sense & U have your tag & mid-cards back in full strength.So no need for C shows

I thought Superstars was there C show granted theirs no title but in all purposes it is one. But no there is no reason for it,With what the WWE has right now they just need to go back to 2 shows that dont depend on each other.ECW was nothing but a fail granted we got lots of stars from the show (CM PUNK,Jack Swagger,Kofi,John Morrison,Miz)..if this was to happen tho Seth Rollins,Joe Henning,Curt Hawkins need to be shown.

Jakked, Metal, Sunday Night Heat, Velocity, Afterburn, Shotgun, Superstars (old and new) ECW, NXT...

C shows come and go. I wouldn't be surprised if NXT somehow rebranded itself within the next 12 months. Some of the storylines there are just dire.

Superstars is doing a fine job at the moment by just having straight wrestling matches of the overspill of talent from Raw and Smackdown. NXT, in essence, is the show for showcasing new talent, and it doesn't need a massive overhaul, just a refurbishment.

I'd just like to point out that here in the UK, both NXT and Superstars are shown on Sky Sports, which is the biggest sports channel in the country. WWE programming in general counts for a large portion of Sky Sports viewing because it is the number one show for children and young adults on Sky Sports. So maybe these shows aren't doing so well in America, but over here they are doing just fine, and thanks to the advent of recording programs and Catch Up TV, watching numerous shows is no longer a chore and can be done at leisure. So in my opinion, there is a global market for a third WWE show if it was done right.

I wouldn't be surprised to see some sort of new show taking place, but this will be close to when the WWE Network launches. There has been rumors for a long time of a Cruiserweight show for the network. You would have to expect that NXT and Superstars will also make the move to the network. I honestly wouldn't be surprised to see FCW, or whatever the developmental territory will be at the time, get the move to the network as well.

The problem really isn't adding a third brand, the problem is making the two brands we have now work. When the brand extension first came into play, the shows felt unique. You had two shows that developed stars and had their own unique feel. Now instead of letting the brands be unique, the WWE simply throws all of the top talent onto one show, while the mid and lower card gets almost no time for development. If Raw went back to just being Raw with Raw guys, and Smackdown actually became it's own unique show instead of a Raw highlight show, there would be no need for a third show.

Do Superstars and NXT ring a bell? Or do you want a... E show? And what the hell do you want a 3rd brand for? 2 less-than-enforced ones are good enough.

I agree, but even a better one, WWE can barely maintain their B show so another would be insane.

I really cant see that show being worth doing as none of these names have the ability to draw in large amounts of fans. I mean look at how poorly ECW did and they had popular talent like Regal and Christian who could also wrestle very well. A whole show set aside for the lower card isn't really needed considering the current size of the SD and Raw rosters isn't all that big to begin with. Each brand has 30 superstars or less i believe, i just don't like the idea of bringing in a third show so non-proven talent can have more of a chance to get on TV.

I would have to agree with NXT being the C show and honestly I think a C show works better with no titles. makes more interesting storylines not all about top 2 or 3 going for a title.

I think they should add a new show, named something like 'WWE Break-Threw'.

It should involve 16 or so of lower level superstars such as Trent Barretta, Tyler Reks or Jonny Curtis. These superstars would then have an elimination competiton with the final being at the next PPV. The winner of the competiton would then go onto RAW or SmackDown as a new superstar.

Then whoever is on a loosing streak on SmackDown or RAW would then be lowered into WWE Break-Threw.

This would be a fantastic way to Debut superstars and give them some credibility before they even start properly..

Like I said, its just an idea..

The main question here is who would you tune into watch?

Part time Guys i would tune in to watch:

Brock,Taker,Jericho,Rock,HHH

Full-Time Guys i would tune into watch:

Cena,Punk possibly Orton and Sheamus

Wrestlemania was extremely watchable for me because all those Part timers (not Brock) were there. All those Full-Timers were also there.

Raw is extremely watchable every week for me because all these guys are genarally there (maybe not Rock and Taker) and are building Fueds and having watchable matches.

Smackdown is barely watchable for me because only Orton and Sheamus are there. (sometimes Punk and Jericho) None of those Part Timers or John Cena never seem to appear on Smackdown. I'll force myself to watch it though to keep up with the WHC picture. Also as this show isn't Live and i already know what happens makes it even more unwatchable.

Superstars and NXT is Unwatchable for me because there is no one i want to watch. This may seem a bit selfish as people may say i might miss out on a rising star being the next WWE Champion. Well i can see them breakthrough on Raw or Smackdown when they are ready.

This is just how me, a WWE fan likes to watch the Programmes. Others may have different Wrestlers they enjoy watching more than the ones i listed.

To make Smackdown more entertaining again "for me" throw Cena or Brock on the show once in a while. I remember back in the day when the likes of Austin, Brock, Rock, Taker, HHH, and Cena were always on both shows. I think the list of watchable guys these days is very thin. I mean before Wade Barrett got injured we saw Orton v Barrett on Smackdown week in week out for ages and it got sooo boring at the end (Understandable they had a storyline but after Orton/Barrett week 3,, i was going off to make Coffee as i had seen this the last 2 weeks)

So to answer the Question should we have a C Brand/Show? For me the answer is no. But if you put an established Main Eventer from the Full-Time Roster or some of the Part-Timers around then maybe Smackdown and other shows could be watchable.

I think that WWE needs another telivised 1 - 2 hour show.
Replace NXT with a wrestling show much like the WWECW only call it something different please.
Let everyone who is not currently getting television time have a match as a rota....and see what happens.
Test out some FCW talent in an unofficial basis, ready them for Raw or Smackdown....Win Win surely?

EDIT
Having said all that....once the WWE network comes out this should probably happen anyway?

NXT & Superstars is considered the WWE's "C" show but Superstars puts on some great matches & NXT has some great segments. Both are better than both Raw and Smackdown on some weeks.

The Breakthrough idea doesn't wash... as they are always used as jobbers when needed on both shows... with a seperate entity... WCW, FCW, whatever they want to call it, with no interaction... yeah it works, you could build one PPV a year around getting to that show to display your wares, make the "draft" a PPV event with matches etc... WWE is suffering through no real competition, so it needs to be its own... and the only way is a 2nd company, only loosely owned by the same corporation... or Vince needs to throw TNA a serious bone or two!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back