A good way to call up an NXT guy

ASKane

Championship Contender
As a fan of TNA I enjoy watching there Wildcard tag team tournament which involve randomly drawn teams who compete in a tournament and I had an idea which could see NXT guys get some main roster appearance and 1 guy getting a call up.

I think WWE should host a tag team tournament which would see 8 NXT guys go into one draw and 8 main roster guys into another and then draw one name from the NXT group and 1 from the Main Roster group to create a team and then they have an 8 team knockout tournament which culminates in a PPV match where the winning team will earn a tag title shot and the NXT guy will get a spot on the main roster.

My idea for the guys to compete in the tournament are

NXT - Neville, Dallas, Zayn, Rose, Breeze, Graves, English and Rawley

Main Roster - Kofi, Miz, Ziggler, Cesaro, Henry, Barrett, Fandango and Sandow

The teams I would create would be
1. Neville and Barrett
2. Cesaro and Zayn
3. Fandango and Breeze
4. English and Sandow
5. Miz and Dallas
6. Kofi and Rawley
7. Rose and Ziggler
8. Graves and Henry

I would have Zayn and Cesaro win and give them a run with the gold(ish)

The teams can easily change but what do you think of the basic idea

I think it's a great idea. Bringing up a young guy in a tag team is a good way for them to develop, and the teams you've come up with are solid. I probably wouldn't do 8 teams since I wouldn't want to incorporate that many called-up guys into the show at once, but if you to do a 4 team tournament I think it would be perfect. With 4 teams you could maybe do a round robin and then a playoff round so that each team, and by extension each new guy, gets more exposure and more of a chance to show what they can do. I really like the idea of a Cesaro/Zayn team, and I think it would make sense for Swagger to get a partner and be in the tournament as well if Cesaro and Swagger split up. Those two teams would then meet in the finals.

I think it's a great idea. Bringing up a young guy in a tag team is a good way for them to develop, and the teams you've come up with are solid. I probably wouldn't do 8 teams since I wouldn't want to incorporate that many called-up guys into the show at once, but if you to do a 4 team tournament I think it would be perfect. With 4 teams you could maybe do a round robin and then a playoff round so that each team, and by extension each new guy, gets more exposure and more of a chance to show what they can do. I really like the idea of a Cesaro/Zayn team, and I think it would make sense for Swagger to get a partner and be in the tournament as well if Cesaro and Swagger split up. Those two teams would then meet in the finals.

An 8 team knockout tournament is only 7 matches and I probably should have said this would be over a few weeks with the final at the PPV so I think 8 teams is easily possible

I think anything would be a whole hell of a lot better than how they're bringing this Russev guy in. He'll be a mid-carder...at best.

This is a pretty good idea.

I also don't mind the idea, since WWE scrapped it, to give the king of the ring to NXT and do it as one of their annual big shows with the winner getting a showcase at summerslam against maybe the US or IC champion or something and using this as 1 "call up" method each year... I think anymore than 2 or 3 call ups a year hurts NXT but not having any call ups, as I read may be the case also makes it kind of pointless

This is a pretty good idea.

I also don't mind the idea, since WWE scrapped it, to give the king of the ring to NXT and do it as one of their annual big shows with the winner getting a showcase at summerslam against maybe the US or IC champion or something and using this as 1 "call up" method each year... I think anymore than 2 or 3 call ups a year hurts NXT but not having any call ups, as I read may be the case also makes it kind of pointless

I think the King of the Ring idea is good but I think doing that format with a tag partner is far better for the NXT guy once he is on the main roster as almost no one who got called up as a solo has had success. Shield and Wyatt's came up as factions and have had great success, Xavier Woods got called up by himself and failed(I know he was in a team but not a good 1 and it had no good reason why they were together).

I think having Zayn or Neville get called up and put as a solo guy in the midcard they would failed but if you put Zayn with Cesaro or Rollins and Neville with Kofi, Bourne or a powerhouse they would have a better chance of success if they had won a tag tournament

TNA's wildcard tournament didn't do much for me as a whole because there seemed to be no real reason for it other than to toss together a bunch of unlikely tag teams for one night. However, as for introducing someone from NXT to the main roster, I think it could work.

I'd keep most of the matches on NXT and save the final match for either Raw or to take place on a ppv, but only after giving both teams some significant television time so fans can be more familiar with them and to hype the match. I'd also go the route of putting together some video packages to help fans become more familiar with them.

A while back, there was a report that WWE would introduce wrestlers brought up from NXT by pairing them in a tag team with main roster members, so the idea of this tournament would fit in with that. However, since Alexander Rusev has been brought up, WWE may have either nixed that idea or they simply may not use it with everyone.

As far as the teams go, I'm not wild about Cesaro & Zayn. They've had some classic singles matches against each other, but Cesaro's been in the tag team picture long enough. If anything, I'd put Zayn with Kofi as WWE doesn't really have a strong, high flying tag team right now. Plus, Rawley's not ready in my opinion. He's only been in NXT and wrestling itself for about 10 months.

I have been thinking about the best way to call up NXT talent since Arrival and i came up with the idea of having an NXT invasion style PPV, replace Battleground for example.Members of NXT would wrestle members of the main rosta and if they won they would get called up, you could have NXT Tag champs v WWE Tag champs with the WWE tag belts on the line, if the NXT team win they get a call up, get the belts straight away and vacate the NXT belts so they can have a tournament in NXT. Now NXT will be getting a lot more exposure due to the Network i think the fans would be invested a lot more in the NXT talent.

yea I'm loving NXT to but they can't call up so many people at a time. I think 2 at most at a time would be ok even with that though theres a chance they will disappear quick. I enjoyed Xavier Woods debut and it seemed they started the whole thing with Brodus and now neither Brodus or Xavier are seen anymore. I really hope Xavier stays on the main roster. Other than him I'd say Sami Zayn is ready and hopefully he debuts after mania.

With the new Andre battle royal thing. I can see WWE putting several nxt talents on that battle royal

Well for the most part they've been bringing up NXT guys who have held the NXT world title, so why not continue along that vein? Or at the very least bring up guys who you have ideas and storylines for so they won't become irrelevant in the next few months.

Love the Idea! It would help get the NXT guys some main roster spotlight, and in the process give a little push to the tag titles. Two Birds one stone! You could create some cool team dynamics. With teams that click great, and teams that are a second away from imploding.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back