The ballard of Bray Wyatt

CM Steel

A REAL American
After his stint as "Husky Harris" in the WWE two years ago. The eldest son of WWF wrestler I.R.S. was reborn as Bray Wyatt the head of the Wyatt family. They were called up from NXT mid-last year. Bray Wyatt is now one of the few to be called or re-called from NXT to debut with a stable. And with Triple H backing the Wyatt family backstage with the politics, it looks like the Wyatt family is getting a decent push going for themselves. As of the final RAW of 2013, the Wyatt's now have Daniel Bryan in their "family". But in terms of Bray Wyatt, where does his future go during his career in the WWE as Bray Wyatt?

Bray Wyatt is also the grandson of wrestling legend and WWE hall of famer Blackjack Mulligan. "Husky Harris" wore his old wrestling boots during his stint in NXT season while NXT was on the SyFy network. The Wyatt family is doing a good job in the WWE so far. They are the faction that will be taking over the role of the Shield in the WWE. But if Bray Wyatt does long to have a decent solo career in the WWE one day, he needs to have more of an edge like his father & grandfather had before him. Not to mention Bray's uncle WWE hall of famer Barry Windham. And with Bray's little brother Bo Dallas in NXT as the reigning NXT champion. These two third WWE superstars could be the future's of the WWE! They could fill the spots that the Dibiase boys were suppose to be in before the left the WWE?

But in depth, where do you see Bray Wyatt by the end of 2014?

Rotunda/Wyatt/Harris is a complete failure in my book. His ring work is atrocious, his promos are generic and boring, and there's nothing "creepy" or unique about this gimmick. Wyatt stunk up SummerSlam in possibly the worst match in the history of the PPV, and the entire group's performance in the ring actually seems to be getting worse as time goes on. This group is AWFUL and needs to be taken off TV. Wyatt needs to be sent back to developmental to come up with a better gimmick, and the other two need to be released.

If he can prove himself to be as good in the ring as he is doing promos. Expect him to be amongst,if not, the Top Heel character in the WWE during 2014. If the current storyline with Daniel Bryan is done properly, he should get over as a very hated heel even by the time Wrestlemania rolls around.

Bray does not have to be as good in the ring, that is not his USP... The character and his mannerisms do 90% of the work. Things like the Spiderwalk are totally unique and while he isn't agile enough to turn it into an actual move, it beats Orton pounding his fists and is up there with You Can't See me already...The rocking chair, the lamp and video intro, even the way he cradled Bryan's head at TLC all are very compelling indeed.

Aquaman6686 you really are missing the point here. in 1990 the Undertaker was atrocious in much the same way, the character was a rip off of Michael Myers, his ring skill hadn't settled and he was stuck with the awful Brother Love. A Year later he was winning the title and even then it took 4 years for him to then start moving up the card to face the best workers rather than freaks and giants. Only THEN did he start really learning and improving as a worker and rounded character. If Mabel hadn't screwed up, he was done by 97... but it forced something new

Wyatt for now just has to be different enough in the ring to offer an alternative and the character will take the weight of the push. Much as it did for Big Bossman or later on Shane McMahon... As long as he can hold his own then it is those "better worker's" jobs to teach and help him, it is not his job to be the finished article now, both the aforementioned guys were green when they came in but became top level workers over time, Shane in particular. Wyatt is exciting fans, making people take notice and as he used to say in NXT has "time on his side" (Vince, please pay the Stones what they want to bring that back) to become a guy in 20 years you might be embarrased you doubted.

Mark my words, Wyatt is VERY special, the first truly unique character to come along in years. They ain't gonna blow it.

A while back, I saw a blurry video (probably taken with an iPhone) of an NXT or FCW match where Husky Harris had just debuted as a new masked character. I don't remember the character's announced name, but I think it was Axel something or other (it may have been "Axel Mulligan", I remember the name paid homage to someone in his family). There was even a thread here in the WZ forums about the new character, with typical discussion topics: "Is this character going to stick for Husky?" "Will this be the one that gets him over?" "Will the character end up being a rip-off of Kane/Mankind/Abyss?" etc... I remember being reminded the most of Raven by Husky's masked character, but I didn't even know why at the time. I mentioned that in the thread, and people told me that I was wrong. It wasn't that the character even spoke, it was just his mannerisms in the ring. The way he moved, and his fighting style reminded me of WCW Raven (a watered-down ECW Raven). I didn't take anything to heart, I just felt differently than the majority. It happens.

I didn't hear anything about Husky Harris again for quite a while. Eventually, I heard about a group in NXT or FCW (I don't watch either show) that was making waves called The Wyatt Family. Just about everything I heard was positive, saying these guys were going to be big stars when they finally showed up on WWE TV. I heard they were "creepy", and heard a lot of comparisons between the leader of the group and Max Cady (Robert De Niro's character from the movie "Cape Fear"). I love that movie, so I was instantly excited to see these guys debut on Raw.

It wasn't for a few weeks (maybe even months) after hearing about The Wyatts that I found out Bray Wyatt was portrayed by Windham Lawrence Rotunda/Husky Harris. I instantly thought of that video I had seen, of "Axel Mulligan" (or whatever the masked character was called). I thought that if Bray Wyatt was going to be a mixture of Max Cady & Raven it would have a lot of potential. I also had heard that Dusty Rhodes played a big role in developing the Bray Wyatt character, and it was no surprise after hearing Bray speak. I bet Dusty played a big part in coming up with the phrase "Follow the Buzzards"; that just screams Dusty Rhodes to me, and I don't even know exactly why.

After seeing Bray & The Wyatts debut on Raw, I wasn't disappointed. A creepy Jim Jones type, that has similar mannerisms to Max Cady, Raven, etc...the character works better as the leader of a stable (at least for now), and the entire gimmick is vastly different than anything we've seen in the modern WWE. Not since "The Boogeyman" have they tried a creepy villain like this (at least not one I can remember), but The Boogeyman was just too over the top to ever "make it" in the WWE. Bray Wyatt is creepier than The Boogeyman (at least IMO), for the same reason Max Cady is creepier than Freddy Krueger. A monster like Freddy or Jason (or The Boogeyman) doesn't exist in the real world, but psychopaths like Max Cady or John Doe from "Se7en" really do. That's scary, and Bray Wyatt's character is able to be creepy despite the WWE's PG rating. That can't be an easy thing to pull off, but Bray Wyatt makes it look easy (especially with his imposing henchman at his side). Their entrance is great too. The music reminds me of the theme for "True Blood", and the lantern-lit faces (and sheep mask) as they walk to the ring is fantastic. Even if you don't like their entrance/gimmick, at least you have to admit that it's completely different than anything we've seen for a long time in the WWE. Bray's rocking chair is great too, btw.

I mentioned the rumors I had heard concerning The Wyatts, but I didn't mention the most important one: HHH loves these guys, especially Bray. I don't know if that's 100% true, but having HHH in your corner is pretty huge. If that is the case, I don't see The Wyatts going anywhere for a while. They'll eventually be faces; we're already hearing cheers during their entrance package (when Bray whispers "we're here" just before he blows out the lantern). Bray is great on the mic, has great promo material to work with, and he's decent enough in the ring to put on a good match. Like any other wrestler, he'll only get better with more experience. I predict that 2014 will see The Wyatts stay together as a group, and they probably won't split up until 2015. I also think we'll see Bray & The Wyatts get some gold this year, and Bray might even get a shot or two at the WWE WHC. I don't think Bray will win "the big one" in 2014, but maybe in 2015 (barring any unforeseen future complications, of course). I think there's a lot of depth to Bray's character, and also a lot of great feuds in his future. As I've said in other threads already, I think the possibility of Bray Wyatt vs. Daniel Bryan at Wrestlemania 30 is pretty good (provided that DB doesn't win The Rumble). Either way, Bryan's involvement with them is a pretty good indication of how much faith the WWE has in The Wyatts. They wouldn't put such a fan favorite with The Wyatts unless they believed it they were "ready" for such a big storyline. I can't wait to see how the Bryan/Wyatts story plays out, this story's outcome will be another measuring stick for what's to come for them.

Bray Wyatt does remind me of Max Cady! Good reference there Johnny Savage.. I like Bray Wyatt,a very good character and yes he is green but as we all remember it took Taker a while to come into his own.. This is a golden angle the WWE has here,they wont blow it at all.. Bray the way he bends backwards,ala the matrix is pretty agile for a man his size..

Bray is a unfinished gem IMO waiting to be polished. His eerie entrance and verbal non-sense will mask his limited abilities for now. I believe Bray will be a mega hit sooner than later

I dont like him, I just cant take him seriously. I dont know. I think he is being really outshines by Luke Harper ( NOT the ginger )being folled by Eric Rowan.
I like them better then the leader.
Im just the odd one out on this one.

Being a WWE Superstar is 25% ringwork, 25% micwork, 25% character, and 25% look.

Bray Wyatt's ringwork is bad, but his micwork, character, and look are excellent and hide that. In the same way, the Undertaker's micwork was never that good, but his steadily improving ringwork, supernatural character, and intimidating look always made up for it.

Throw in the fact he has the best entrance in the WWE today and a pair of henchmen, and I'd say Wyatt has nothing to worry about.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back