An Idea For Wyatt

Hem

Getting Noticed By Management
We really know nothing about Bray Wyatt besides the fact that he has a few followers and he talks about things like doom a lot.

I was thinking if the WWE could make a movie, documentary or special on Bray Wyatt. This special would explain how the Tank with a Ferrari Engine one day went missing and The Eater Of Worlds was born. It could elaborate on Sister Abigail and give us a true look at how many members to the family there actually are.

I think the story would be simple - Start with Husky Harris on NXT, move to the Nexus and then show Bray just leaving everything and walking into the woods. He finds a secret society who preach to him the truth about the world. They all worship a mystical human named Sister Abigail who saw the demise of the world and wanted to save those who had opened their eyes. Skip ahead to Bray Wyatt debuting and explaining that he did not intend on staying a wrestler but he did not see a better platform to preach the message of Abigail worldwide. He will say he plans on continuing his rampage and that he's coming.

Maybe a short 60 minute special really describing the character would make for a great piece of content for the network. I'm not saying it should be a documentary about his career though where people are out of character talking about Wyatt. I want a pure movie type of deal where superstars are all actually shown worried or terrified while talking about Bray.

Would you guys be interested in seeing something like that on the Network? I think it could really benefit Bray Wyatt.

Would it be necessary to include Husky Harris in the fauxumentary? They are completely different characters. I feel it could be much deeper and insightful digging into the youth of the Bray Wyatt the character.

This seems like a great idea to put over Bray Wyatt.

Still I think that Husky Harris needn't be mentioned. Although both are infact same person, yet the two characters he played are totally different. Therefore I would prefer excluding Husky part in this special.

What matters more now is that his booking needs to be strong enough to make him a star. Make him terrify his opponents like he did last week against Apollo Crews. Let him win feuds. Make him go over Undertaker atleast once so as to validate that he is infact "New Face Of Fear".

I'm still waiting for the feud with IRS and Bo, where they try to get their son back.

I feel like WWE doesn't like mentioning characters former personas very often.

Still I think that Husky Harris needn't be mentioned. Although both are infact same person, yet the two characters he played are totally different.

This got me to thinking.. Mick Foley has taken on multiple characters.. Dude Love, Mankind, Cactus Jack and he has wrestled as himself so I don't see why a transition to Husky and perhaps even back again would be impossible..

Husky Harris character brought back??? Yeah I would say no to that one. They need to rebuild the Wyatt Family into a more devastating faction. If you want Stroman broke off on his own than so be it. You can bring Harper back when he's healthy, add Bo Dallas and call him Bo Wyatt, bring in a Sister Abigail, and add one more guy in which I would say Kane. It makes the most sense to make the Demon the enforcer of the group. He could start another long feud with Ambrose that culminates with him winning his first major championship. I think putting the I-C title on him at this point would be a waste.

This got me to thinking.. Mick Foley has taken on multiple characters.. Dude Love, Mankind, Cactus Jack and he has wrestled as himself so I don't see why a transition to Husky and perhaps even back again would be impossible..
Husky Harris character brought back??? Yeah I would say no to that one. They need to rebuild the Wyatt Family into a more devastating faction. If you want Stroman broke off on his own than so be it. You can bring Harper back when he's healthy, add Bo Dallas and call him Bo Wyatt, bring in a Sister Abigail, and add one more guy in which I would say Kane. It makes the most sense to make the Demon the enforcer of the group. He could start another long feud with Ambrose that culminates with him winning his first major championship. I think putting the I-C title on him at this point would be a waste.
I guess that you both are misunderstanding the Opening Post. That poster isn't suggesting to bring back Husky Harris or make Bray Wyatt transition back to his old self.

I think that he is asking if we all would like to watch special about Bray Wyatt's past so that we get to know how he became Bray Wyatt.

I guess no one would want Husky Harris back in action. And I disagree that putting the InterContinental Title on him would be waste. Instead he is the right choice for dethroning The Miz.

I love this idea, a lot. But I really doubt I'd believe it, or feel whatever we feel while we watch Dexter, or Sherlock, a real sense of "danger" and "what's gonna happen? ".

Remember the Wrong Turn movies? Those evoked so much disgust and fear, not necessarily because they were "horror" movies, but the very fact that there could, in this world, be cannibals, and creepily deformed ones like those, would scare a mortal to death.

I believe with Bray, they could succeed to a level, since we're all not in the state of mind when watching wrestling, as we are, when watching a movie or show. We all know that Bray Wyatt is just this character pretending to be creepy, whereas when you watch Wrong turn, you don't think of the characters as "actors", you're basically just transported to that locale, and experience fear for life almost as though those hillbilly cannibals are comin' foh yah!

I digressed a lot! But it could really creep the kids and those who don't know Wrestling's fake. I'd love it if it went exactly how you described- the woods, the cult ,the sister abigail part, and even creepier things- as in the movies.

Great idea.

I realized it a while back- the period when we enjoy wrestling most is usually in our childhood, because it's so real and surreal to us- we don't really know that Kane is a guy named Glen Jacobs. We're really awed by his presence, the past, the story. The very fact that we now know that Kane is just a guy named Glenn Jacobs who happens to be very tall, makes the whole illusion of "Kane" dispel. I wish I could enjoy wrestling and all the creepy characters and I never ever realized that wrestling is fake and there's no such thing as Kane and The Undertaker.

I believe if they stopped treating Bray Wyatt as a regular human being, by making him stand on the apron like the entire SD roster, among other things, they could bring back at least some of that mystique and awe for us adults/jaded cynics here. Do something! Apart from that network special, make Wyatt or anyone else legitimately scary, make them destroy John Cena, like Mankind or Vader destroying people was believable. Not the usual BS we get where Wyatt loses every feud and keeps rambling on the mic ad infinitum.

I'll just end here, cos things are never gonna be better. Like Jim Cornette said, wrestling is dead now and all these writers with college degrees "fuck you!! ". (Gotta love Cornette! )

For a while I thought Bray would be the reason I continue to watch wrestling after Randy Orton retires. As of now, those reasons look more like Seth Rollins, Bayley, and KO/Sami Zayn.

Bray still has time to reclaim his spot before Orton retires though, and the OP's idea is a brilliant way to re-establish a character arc that now seems lost. So much has happened since his debut that it's easy to forget how mystical, mysterious, and unique Wyatt was when he first emerged. He literally only used to wrestle once a month, it was a special occasion to see him perform. And he'd win of course. This movie idea will take away a lot of that mystery by answering a lot of our questions but hopefully it adds more questions, and builds intrigue to an already very intriguing character. As long as that buzz is alive, the interest is there, and they actually let him win a damn match he will be just fine. That's what is best for Bray and that's how Undertaker was able to stay on top for so long: evolution and development of the character.

I personally would make sure to watch that movie if they ever chose to do it.

We really know nothing about Bray Wyatt besides the fact that he has a few followers and he talks about things like doom a lot.

I was thinking if the WWE could make a movie, documentary or special on Bray Wyatt. This special would explain how the Tank with a Ferrari Engine one day went missing and The Eater Of Worlds was born. It could elaborate on Sister Abigail and give us a true look at how many members to the family there actually are.

I think the story would be simple - Start with Husky Harris on NXT, move to the Nexus and then show Bray just leaving everything and walking into the woods. He finds a secret society who preach to him the truth about the world. They all worship a mystical human named Sister Abigail who saw the demise of the world and wanted to save those who had opened their eyes. Skip ahead to Bray Wyatt debuting and explaining that he did not intend on staying a wrestler but he did not see a better platform to preach the message of Abigail worldwide. He will say he plans on continuing his rampage and that he's coming.

Maybe a short 60 minute special really describing the character would make for a great piece of content for the network. I'm not saying it should be a documentary about his career though where people are out of character talking about Wyatt. I want a pure movie type of deal where superstars are all actually shown worried or terrified while talking about Bray.

Would you guys be interested in seeing something like that on the Network? I think it could really benefit Bray Wyatt.

WWE should start a 13 episode series on Bray Wyatt, The Wyatt Family, showing their origins, how they came to be.

Seriously I see money in this. The Wyatt Compound was very well executed and with TNA also doing the Final Deletion and Lucha Underground being like a TV series, a character like Bray Wyatt, who needs all the special effects and stuff, would benefit greatly.

Maybe also add Finn Balor in there and have the series explore their two pasts, personalities and the supernatural feeling.

Then air this on January, for 13 weeks and hype the shit out of a possible Balor vs Wyatt match.

I was thinking if the WWE could make a movie,.....Maybe a short 60 minute special really describing the character would make for a great piece of content for the network. I'm not saying it should be a documentary about his career though where people are out of character talking about Wyatt. I want a pure movie type of deal where superstars are all actually shown worried or terrified while talking about Bray.

YES GOD YES!!!!!
YES, YES, YES !!!!

if they made a film similar to Kane's series about "Bray Wyatt" and whatever town he came from in a very Texas Chainsaw Massacre way even with some Blist actors and NO WWE SUPERSTARS save Bo Dallas for storyline purposes. It would mean you could sell those movies, this gimmick and the stablemates for-potentially-ever!

If I were Vince you would have just made us millions!

I'd like to go a bit more in depth in regards to my previous statement. This would be a great idea to help some better understand the character while breathing new life into the gimmick. However, the fauxumentary should solely focus on Bray Wyatt and not Windham Rotunda. There should be zero mention of past gimmicks, success/failures or family. Wyatt is not Rotunda and he has a much more interesting story to tell. You wouldn't take a red hot Kane and include DDS Yankem and Fake Diesel in the story. You have to let Kayfab rule here.

I'd like to go a bit more in depth in regards to my previous statement. This would be a great idea to help some better understand the character while breathing new life into the gimmick. However, the fauxumentary should solely focus on Bray Wyatt and not Windham Rotunda. There should be zero mention of past gimmicks, success/failures or family. Wyatt is not Rotunda and he has a much more interesting story to tell. You wouldn't take a red hot Kane and include DDS Yankem and Fake Diesel in the story. You have to let Kayfab rule here.

Hmm, I kind of see it differently. I think playing off the Husky Harris gimmick adds a real sense of legitimacy to the Wyatt character and gives Bray even more depth than his character currently has. It would also give Wyatt a unique authenticity that very few people in the WWE have or have had in the past. It's a very good opportunity to merge the two worlds and kind of erase that image of Husky Harris that haunts Wyatt at times.

I do however agree with not delving into the Windham Rotunda aspect of it. In no way, shape, or form should they talk about IRS, Bo Dallas, his childhood, etc.

But doing a faux documentary discussing Husky Harris' "descent into madness" and his subsequent transformation into Bray Wyatt is a great idea in my opinion as well. Kudos to OP.

Hmmm I've kind of been watching the Wyatt's since they debuted and isn't what the OP suggested been happening. If you take all the vignettes and put them together you already have your little film.

The biggest problem with Bray is continuity with the booking. Breaking the Wyatt's up was a terrible idea and thank God the WWE finally realized it. But I think the Wyatt story is a pretty simple one to follow.

You have Bray Wyatt, his band of followers. They come out of the backwoods and want to create chaos. The only two things that have never been explained fully is, why do they want to create chaos, and who is Sister Abigail. We might never get a full explanation as Wyatt talks in riddles, but one day we might. All his saying "Follow the buzzards" might be a clue to the whereabouts of said Sister Abigail. Or maybe I'm thinking too hard about this.

Oh yea leave Husky Harris and Bo Dallas out of it. Just concentrate on when the Wyatt's showed up. Too many participants muddy's the waters, and takes away from the story.

Hmmm I've kind of been watching the Wyatt's since they debuted and isn't what the OP suggested been happening. If you take all the vignettes and put them together you already have your little film.

The biggest problem with Bray is continuity with the booking. Breaking the Wyatt's up was a terrible idea and thank God the WWE finally realized it. But I think the Wyatt story is a pretty simple one to follow.

You have Bray Wyatt, his band of followers. They come out of the backwoods and want to create chaos. The only two things that have never been explained fully is, why do they want to create chaos, and who is Sister Abigail. We might never get a full explanation as Wyatt talks in riddles, but one day we might. All his saying "Follow the buzzards" might be a clue to the whereabouts of said Sister Abigail. Or maybe I'm thinking too hard about this.

Oh yea leave Husky Harris and Bo Dallas out of it. Just concentrate on when the Wyatt's showed up. Too many participants muddy's the waters, and takes away from the story.

How it has never been explained why Bray Wyatt wants to cause chaos.

I see it like the Joker in "The Dark Knight". No explanation was ever given to who he was, and why he wanted to cause chaos or mayhem to Gotham City. He just wanted to watch "everything burn". It's like the Joker gets off on causing chaos and sees it as having power, by taking away other people's power.

Well, I think this describes Bray Wyatt to a tee. He gets off on chaos as well, and wants to watch "the world burn", for his own amusement, and by taking away control, he demonstrates power by taking power and control away from others.

I'm sorry, but I actually DON'T want to see a documentary. By making us know little about Bray Wyatt, it makes him more scary and threatening, because you don't know the limits of his madness, or who you are dealing with. Is he a madman? Does he believe he is a god? That sort of thing.

The fact that we don't know more about Bray is why he is such an intriguing character. Maybe, in this case, we need to stop wanting wrestlers to be relatable to us. The Wyatts should be like nothing you have experienced before, a subculture that few of us ever experience.

Bray seems like a cross between David Koresh and Charles Manson. He is a cult leader and either he is completely off his rocker, or he is the most cunning person in the room.

How it has never been explained why Bray Wyatt wants to cause chaos.

I see it like the Joker in "The Dark Knight". No explanation was ever given to who he was, and why he wanted to cause chaos or mayhem to Gotham City. He just wanted to watch "everything burn". It's like the Joker gets off on causing chaos and sees it as having power, by taking away other people's power.

Well, I think this describes Bray Wyatt to a tee. He gets off on chaos as well, and wants to watch "the world burn", for his own amusement, and by taking away control, he demonstrates power by taking power and control away from others.

I'm sorry, but I actually DON'T want to see a documentary. By making us know little about Bray Wyatt, it makes him more scary and threatening, because you don't know the limits of his madness, or who you are dealing with. Is he a madman? Does he believe he is a god? That sort of thing.

The fact that we don't know more about Bray is why he is such an intriguing character. Maybe, in this case, we need to stop wanting wrestlers to be relatable to us. The Wyatts should be like nothing you have experienced before, a subculture that few of us ever experience.

Bray seems like a cross between David Koresh and Charles Manson. He is a cult leader and either he is completely off his rocker, or he is the most cunning person in the room.

It's never really been explained because it keeps changing. First he wants to save people, but from what. Then he wants to bring them to the dark side and sort of fails. He wants to bring down the machine, but he's never tried too. That's what I mean

At least with superhero movies, they have a plan on what they want to do and they try to execute said plan. They never win, but at least they try. In Wyatt's case, he tries, fails, comes up with another plan totally unlike the first, fails and wash, rinse and repeat.

I want to know who or what Sister Abigail is. Is she a person, a voice in his head or what? God knows we've heard enough about her, so either tell us, show us or shut up about her.

Yes your right not knowing makes him more spooky, but knowing just the right amount makes him spookier if you know what I mean.

Hmm, I kind of see it differently. I think playing off the Husky Harris gimmick adds a real sense of legitimacy to the Wyatt character and gives Bray even more depth than his character currently has......

I understand where you are going with your post and can see the value in your vision. I think it might be hard to get some to buy into a complete transformation in such a short time. Rotunda went from playing Husky to Wyatt in a months time. It is hard to imagine he would up root his entire life, rise to the top (or near it) of a cult and learn all of it teaches to the point of full understanding in such a short time.

I guess I could get on board with an idea focused around a double life. One of going with the status quo where he projected himself as society saw fit. All the while he was searching for the true answers to existence. While on that journey he found the teachings of Sister Abigail but not until he was truly worthy could he be baptised the prophet Bray Wyatt. There are a lot of careful details that would need to be worked out but I guess it could work.

My biggest pet peeve is the constant blurring of kayfab and reality. I'd like to think fans can differ between rebooted characters. That they can realize whats on television isn't the exact same as whats typically on social media or the dirt sheets. Wrestling is one of the only entertainment genres where fans have trouble distinguishing the two. I know I'm crazy but it bugs me.

This would be awesome, but WWE has no idea what character development actually is.

My only problem is that this should've been done a long time ago. When Wyatt debuted or before.

Some wins would probably do the trick instead of going outside the box like this. They were teasing him with the title earlier this year, first with Triple H then with Roman during the brief post-Mania tweener run, but then he got hurt again. I had him picked to move into another feud with Ambrose until Ziggler won out of the blue.

I think the injuries keep sending him to square one. Speaking of Ziggler, he two was hurt often and went from world champ to things are complicated with Lana and Rusev. By my count it's taken Ziggler two years of no injuries to get back to the title scene. I fear a similar fate for Wyatt.

The character is over. He gets a great reaction, he's just winless and titleless. I think it's a waste to demystify a fairly simple yet nuanced character with a total origin reveal. Kane declined when they peeled away the mystique and further humanized him.

Wyatt needs a stretch of time in good health before they'll trust him for a push. I'm honestly not sure who he should face. The Miz needs a feud, and I'm not one of those who feels Wyatt doesn't need titles. He is a professional wrestler after all.

Fresh idea but not really necessary. The guy is winless at WrestleMania having worked with John Cena, Undertaker, and even The Rock. Constant injuries are haulting his push. Wyatt's been on the main roster for four years now. Let's not forget it took Edge nearly 10 years to win a world title. Wyatt isn't even 30 and has lots of time.

I like the idea but I want them to make Bray Wyatt just a little more sensible. Bray can talk, but I have no idea what he is even saying. I just wish he would be a bit more straight forward so I can understand him. He talks in riddles, religious talk and pseudo-intellectual speak.

I promise you 99% of WWE's audience doesn't understand him either. What about attracting new fans? Or the casuals? If I show a person who doesn't watch wrestling, they will be turned off by Bray because "I don't get it".

That is his biggest flaw. I have never understood why he was mad at Cena, Ambrose, Roman or New Day. He just comes out, speaks gibberish and then attacks them.

I seriously think Bray Wyatt is the exact same character as Stardust. Or they have the same writer anyway.

The short lived Mordecai made sense. I am religious and hate liars, cheaters and stealers, lets feud Eddie G!

I'm not the first person to suggest this, but I think a sit down interview with Bray Wyatt circa Mankind/JR 1998 would do a load of good. A whole movie is something few people would end up watching, especially if it was done in character. I could see Husky Harris bring brought up in a way. He could say it was him trying to be what society wanted him to be, until he was misused, broken down, and finally saw the light and met his family. People that needed him. And that's just one route to take. They could ignore it and focus on other things. I think it would be refreshing, given we haven't seen anything even remotely similar since the early days of The Shield.

That sit down interview idea is perfect in my opinion. Wyatt is still the best thing going in WWE despite him being used like crap. He still has an amazing future.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back