Should the Wyatt Family be brought up to the main roster.

MINISTRYrising

Championship Contender
For those of you who Do not know who they are, The Wyatt family are a Faction who compete down in NXT and consist of Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper and Erick Rowen. Since there Debut they have quickly become one of the most Intresting factions that WWE have had in a long time and are one of the main reasons why I tune in to watch NXT every week, But is it time for WWE to bring them up to the main Roster and have them compete on raw and smackdown every week. For me the answer is quite simply Yes. Bray Wyatt has been on the main roster before when he competed as Husky Harris and while His character never really took of the first time around he has since proven that his Mic skills are a lot better then a lot of guys currently on the main roster and that his in ring abilitie has improved a hell of a lot since his first stint on raw as a member of the Nexus. As for Harper and Rowen, Both men seem to work well together in the ring and While they might not be the the greatest tag team in WWE history, The main roster could do with some new blood to help improve the division and give team Hell No somebody else to feud with for the titles.

Last I heard, Bray Wyatt was considered one of the top guys ready to be moved to the main roster. It wouldn't surprise me if Harper & Rowen were brought up with him. Wyatt, formerly known as Husky Harris, has one of the most interesting characters going. His "swamp preacher" type of gimmick reminds me a lot of the Max Cady character Robert De Niro played in the remake of Cape Fear in the early 90s.

Also last I heard, the reason why WWE seems to be so slow in bringing wrestlers up from NXT goes to the order Triple H gave a long time ago about not bringing them up until long term plans & storylines were ready for them. There's a lot of talent in NXT right now and many that are ready for the main roster. However, I agree with Triple H in that guys shouldn't be brought up just for the sake of bringing them up. Without any direction or storyline plans, they'd just wander around the main roster without making any sort of an impact.

If Wyatts come, they NEED that theme song to play them out. Fucking dim the lights, play that and as Regal said 'the whole mood of the building changes'. Bray with his rocking chair is a fantastic manager, and can go in the ring. The two boys are just mindless menace and compliment the whole equation well.

I think, a lot of ideas need to be pooled together to make this work. This faction is very different, has a very different feel. There is a lot menace, cunning, malice here and you need some smart writing to make this work.

Wyatt is definitely ready but for it to work, he needs to be the "cult leader" he started to portray but as it stands there would be little time to focus on them.

You have Team HellNo/Taker, The Shield, 3MB and Ziggler/AJ/Big E are already on the main roster and you have Zeb who could easily add to his roster, that's already 4 potentially 5 stables.

Even at the peak of the stables use in WWF you only ever had about 4 at a time, for example, Heenan, Hart, Slick and Fuji all had stables, everyone else had only one or two clients - doesn't really work for a "cult" gimmick.

Once Hell No split I think we will see Wyatt and co's window of opportunity - the inevitable feud between Kane and D-Bry lends itself to one of them being "influenced" by Bray, while Kane on paper is the best option, I think Bryan would fit very well being "turned" by Wyatt as he is smaller than Bray and his tag team buddies.

If they are going to debut them, they need to start with a big name "conversion" to get the ball rolling, Bryan would work but failing that someone like Christian would also work.

The only other thing stopping it might be WWE being nervous on the fallout from the gimmick going national. Cults are not something that get good publicity and they will have to tread a fine line to avoid critisim and raising the ire of christian groups or repeating the Muhammed Hassan debacle. While they were happy to go with Zeb they had the "out" that any fallout could be put at the door of Linda's failed political career, that would not carry for the Wyatts.

I just wish he hadn't come through NXT, it really hurts the Kayfabe of his character. I know we aren't supposed to believe he is really this character, but he is so entertaining and so good at what he does (I just watched a fuckton of his stuff on youtube) I just wish I could remove the memory of Husky Harris and completely buy into him as this person.

Although I doubt most of the WWE audience would really remember him, his stint even as part of the nexus wasn't all that memorable...

The answer is no and here is the reason why.

Currently, the WWE on Raw and Smackdown is over-saturated with "stables." You have Dolph, Big E, and AJ, and you also have the Shield. Both of these are main event groups that are currently (in the case of the shield) struggling to find where to go after the feud with the undertaker is concluded. On the lower card you have the group 3MB who also takes up a stable spot. Bring in the Wyatt family will lead them to be overshadows by the Shield and by Dolph's group.

This would result in them being not properly used, and not given the proper amount of time when they are on TV.

I do believe that the group as a stable is READY to come up, just that it isn't the right time, and we probably won't see them until the shield breaks up or some room is made to give them signification TV time and a decent first feud.

The roster's already crowded with stalled young talent. I like Bray a lot, but the family (like most cult gimmicks, be it Raven's flock or Punk's SES) tend to leaves me cold.

I say its too early yet maybe for summerSlam or SurvivorSeries right now they wouldnt get the time they need and WWE is busy building up the Shield. But the Wyatt Family needs to be here for the Rumble

Personally, I'd much prefer Bray Wyatt to come up on his own. Harper and Rowan just rub me the wrong way. Their in ring ability/personas give them a certain ceiling which ultimately will limit what Bray Wyatt is able to do.

I've been watching a lot of Bray Wyatt lately and agree with most of you that he is great at what he does. I also agree with Triple H's thoughts of not calling up talent until long term storylines are setup for them, but...

Instead of bringing up Bray and the Wyatt family, just bring up Bray alone. Bray could then come out to his music during the middle of matches and sit in his rocking chair observing talent he'd like to add to his, "cult." You could have him slowly convincing certain talent in the back. Maybe have him pray on a former champion who just lost his belt, a former tag team partner who was turned on, talent that seems down and out or vulnerable? As the "cult" slowly builds, certain superstars, ex-partners, or previous allies could intervene trying to convince them of what Bray Wyatt is...but it is too late.

I just fear the WWE would take this too much like the Nexus route. I don't want the stable to attack people each week like the shield does, but maybe their own version of saving them from themselves? Wyatt could portray that Max Cady like character and be violent when needed, but very calm, smooth, and convincing the majority of the time. I'm thinking like Waylon Mercy...

"Lives are gonna be in Waylon Mercy's hands. You know what I mean?"

bray is ready whenever they have a story or need him, but harper/rowan are not quite there yet. i expect when swagger fizzles out and the shield are done crushing the tag division. the wyatt family will get the call. i am guessing sometime around the fall.

i expect a debut fued similar to his start on nxt. more of a leader/manager

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back