Should The Wyatt Family reunite?

Is it time for a Wyatt Family reunion?

• Bray Wyatt is better on his own

• Bring Rowan and Harper back to The Wyatt Family

• Create an all-new Wyatt Family

Results are only viewable after voting.

LODemolition

Championship Contender
What do you think on this topic? Should Wyatt, Rowan, and Harper all continue to go their separate ways? Or should The Wyatt Family get back together?

In my opinion, there are only pros to putting this stable back together. I see no cons whatsoever. For starters, it was a complete waste of a storyline by not building up to Rowan and Harper feeling like they didn't want to follow Wyatt anymore. Wyatt and Rowan could've definitely feuded. Instead, out of nowhere they began running Wyatt promos where he said Rowan and Harper were free. And poof, they were singles wrestlers.

Which brings me to my next point. On their own, Rowan and Harper have become completely irrelevant. Together, they were a pretty good tag team. They put on some terrific matches with The Usos and in my opinion, should have won the tag team championship. Harper had a very short run as Intercontinental Champion that ended at TLC, and has since faded into obscurity. Rowan had a feud with Big Show and has suffered the same fate himself.

Next, Bray Wyatt is facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. We all know it. Maybe part of the storyline should be that he wants Taker to join his newly reunited family. Wyatt's whole gimmick is that he's a cult leader. Yet he has no followers now. Pretty ridiculous. Unless they are looking to bury Taker and have Wyatt win completely clean without help, I would think Rowan and Harper can play a big part in the feud and match. Eventually, I could even get behind a new member. Cody Rhodes could potentially fit in very well here.

So what do you think? Should Bray remain solo or is it high time for a Wyatt Family reunion?

If it were up to me here is how I would book Wyatt. I love your idea about having him reform the Family to take out the Undertaker at Mania. Possibly even "losing the match" but "winning the war" type scenario. Maybe even involve a casket. I really love that idea.

Then I would have Wyatt become very brash and brazen not wrestling very much. Acting as a mouthpiece/Manager for the family members. Only wrestling at PPVs and such. I would have him eventually move into the Championship picture (especially if the champ is Bryan or Reigns) for Summerslam.

I agree they should reform, I would do it a little differently.
During the match at Mania, Taker could have Wyatt on the ropes and looks to be putting him away when the lights go out and when they come back on there's Harper and rowan (sheep mask and all) just standing at ringside staring at the Undertaker.
Then Wyatt makes his move and wins.

Not right now. I feel like WWE is taking too many steps back right now. Titus and Darren bombed as solo acts, so a year later they reunite. Cesaro was screwed so badly by bad booking, so have him return to the tag team division in order to re-establish credibility. Don't even get me started on the Rumble debacle. If they reform, it shouldn;'t be for at least another year.

Although I also think Harper needs a gimmick change, so...even that is a tough choice. Breaking up the Wyatts this early was a mistake, but reforming them so quickly would be a bigger mistake.

I seriously can't believe the amount of people on this site that WANT Undertaker to lose to Bray Wyatt. Undertaker's legacy was already defecated on with his meaningless loss to Brock Lesnar, now you want MORE dirt thrown on his grave? The Undertaker is a once-in-a-lifetime Superstar, whose legacy has already been damaged beyond repair. Bray Wyatt is a mediocre, dime-a-dozen midcarder with a limited future. What's left of Undertaker should NOT be fed to a worthless nobody like Wyatt.

Because Undertaker probably should retire, and I do say that as a fan. His Brock match was disturbing for all the wrong reasons. It's tradition to go out on a losing note and defeating Undertaker will actually mean something. While I wish that the conqueror of the streak was a full time performer- or at least someone with a concrete future within the company, I don't think it was meaningless. Brock went on to be a champion who seemed unstoppable.

Whether Bray deserves it or not...I'm not the biggest Bray mark, but this could be what pushes him to the main event. I don't think he's a dime a dozen, even if his in-ring ability is average. Bray honestly seems like the only one who can do it, as Rollins is too weak and Rusev...actually, an Undertaker/Rusev program could work. But Bray is a more natural choice based on their gimmicks.

They never should have broken up in the first place. Seriously, why did that happen? How was there any positive of breaking these guys up? It was way too early, and nobody has benefited from it. The only reason Wyatt has any standing right now is because he's supposed to face Undertaker. Harper and Rowan are just floating around in limbo, and like the rest of the roster, nobody is over because there's no reason to care about anybody. At this rate, Harper and Rowan are on the path to becoming glorified jobbers. Which is not how it should be going. Honestly, it may just be the best option to reform the group. Or at least have Harper team with Wyatt again, keep Rowan face, and replace him. But anyway you go, they royal screwed up on all three of these guys.

To be fair, Harper and Rowan were already jobbers. Their primary purpose was to put over whomever was feuding with Bray as well as putting over the Uso's. They were nothing more than heaters for Bray who lacked any individual merit. The Shield, on the other hand, did a good job at developing individual paths for each man before breaking them up.

I'd love to see Wyatt take control of either Stardust, Randy Orton or Ryback post-Mania. There is only so long the Wyatt character can go without ever recruiting someone to his cause, as that is essentially what a cult leader does.

I seriously can't believe the amount of people on this site that WANT Undertaker to lose to Bray Wyatt. Undertaker's legacy was already defecated on with his meaningless loss to Brock Lesnar, now you want MORE dirt thrown on his grave? The Undertaker is a once-in-a-lifetime Superstar, whose legacy has already been damaged beyond repair. Bray Wyatt is a mediocre, dime-a-dozen midcarder with a limited future. What's left of Undertaker should NOT be fed to a worthless nobody like Wyatt.

#1 You're entitled to your opinion about Wyatt but you're in the major minority. Guy is going to be a lead figure in the WWE for a decade. He has it all. Great mic work and promos, above average in-ring ability, and legacy as a multi-generational superstar.

#2 You clearly don't understand how to maximize talent. The Undertaker has payed his dues through the years and been awarded many huge opportunities, a fortune, and a major amount of big wins. Who better for him to put over than a young superstar who he has probably known since he was a child? Then he can ride off into the sunset if you wants with a win over Sting or someone else at WM32 in his back yard.

I'd love to see Wyatt take control of either Stardust, Randy Orton or Ryback post-Mania. There is only so long the Wyatt character can go without ever recruiting someone to his cause, as that is essentially what a cult leader does.

To be considered a cult leader don't you need to have a cult, ie: as in more than one person? The two people he did have under his so called control, have left him. Now to me he is just a long winded blowhard, middling around without anything to do. He's not interested in a title belt, and just seems to be getting involved left, right and centre in feuds with no meaning to them.

He's like the Shadow. He appears, has a few promo's, a match or two and then disappears. Wyatt has to learn to take control of himself, before he tries to recruit others again.

#1 You're entitled to your opinion about Wyatt but you're in the major minority. Guy is going to be a lead figure in the WWE for a decade. He has it all. Great mic work and promos, above average in-ring ability, and legacy as a multi-generational superstar.

#2 You clearly don't understand how to maximize talent. The Undertaker has payed his dues through the years and been awarded many huge opportunities, a fortune, and a major amount of big wins. Who better for him to put over than a young superstar who he has probably known since he was a child? Then he can ride off into the sunset if you wants with a win over Sting or someone else at WM32 in his back yard.

1. The only way he is going to be a lead figure is if they can sort out what it is he's trying to bring to the table. Yes he's good on the mic, and okay in the ring, but what else is it he's trying to achieve here. Every week he's changing direction.

Which Bryan it was trying to recruit him. Cena he was trying to bring out his dark side. Wyatt was trying to save Jericho, from what I don't know. Finally Ambrose, I still have no idea what that was all about. All I do know is it ended one of the feuds of the year for absolutely no good reason. It did nothing for either of them, and stopped Ambrose's momentum cold in it's tracks.

Being a multi-generational superstar only works if you are as good as the person you are following in the footsteps of. It's like Reigns, he's making a big deal out of his heritage now, but he's no Rock, Uso brothers or Yokazuma. Not yet anyway.

2. How many people are they going to use to try and put Wyatt over the hump. I mean it's not like they haven't tried before. Bryan, Cena, Jericho and Ambrose have all had feuds with him, and he's in the same place or even worse as he was before.

The announcers make a big deal of people taking out their cellphones and turning on the flashlights. I can tell you from experience, that I'm not a Wyatt fan, but I take mine out when he comes out. It's fun and a way for me to get involved without making some stupid sign, or sitting there chanting CM Punk like an idiot. I don't think as many fans like Bray Wyatt as you think they do.

I'd love to see Wyatt take control of either Stardust, Randy Orton or Ryback post-Mania.

While I'd like to see something of the sort, I'd rather it be none of them. Orton and Ryback have only recently become faces and Stardust would be trying to get out of the Rhodes shadow only to find himself in Bray's. It would be better if he nabbed a low/mid card person and recreated them.

Have to agree. I feel what is popular about Bray Wyatt is the IDEA that he could be great. As if he's really awesome in the future and everyone seems to know it now. I see it the same as when people compare him to Taker as well. Mystery is about the only thing that connects the two. Seriously...in what actual way is Bray Wyatt's gimmick even remotely like the Undertaker? I've been liking Wyatt's promos lately, which I admit I never really bought into the idea that his nonsense is a reflection of him "being good on the mic," but Taker returning a year after losing the streak, and in a situation where we all know he's in some terrible shape, yeah I just don't see what that does for anyone having Wyatt go over other than the perception that Wyatt has defeated a broken man who deserves insanely better.

The Wyatt family broke up way too soon imo. Harper and Rowan never even had a run as tag team champions after I thought they would win it against the Usos.

Now Luke Harper is being wasted in the midcard after having an unexpected ic title reign which fell flat despite a great match against Ziggler at TLC and never really lasted long enough for it to be a strong solid run and cement Harpers place in the midcard as a serious future threat to the WWE WHC which is what the ic title should be booked to do.

And Rowan has joined forces with Ziggler and Ryback creating the most unlikliest alliances. And as for Bray Wyatt, he seems to be in the midcard with nothing to do (although rumbles of a Undertaker feud could be on the cards for mania) after a pretty lackluster feud against Dean Ambrose. Poor booking for the Wyatt family by the wwe

Oh and another thing, don't you guys think that Wyatt creating a new family espically when the old one recently broke up and the 2 members are still on the roster would be awkward and rushed? I know Bray Wyatt's character represents somewhat of a cult leader but that doesn't mean force a new family hoping that it will help Bray Wyatt. Unless I've missed something, we still do know why they've broken up in the first place and Rowan and Harpers random feud a was wtf is going on feud meaning a lot of people never saw it coming when Rowan was revealed as Sheamus's replacement at survivor series. If Bray Wyatt created new family surely he would have addressed the situation involving the old one first?

Here's what I would do? I would have Bray Wyatt take em both to that old abandonned looking house that you see in his promos, and have him talk to them to try and resolve their issues with each other stating things like having unfinished business in the tag team division. Then once they've done that, have them wear new attires, come out with new theme music then BOOM, you have another team in the tag division and this time will win the titles off of the Usos.

What do you think on this topic? Should Wyatt, Rowan, and Harper all continue to go their separate ways? Or should The Wyatt Family get back together?

In my opinion, there are only pros to putting this stable back together. I see no cons whatsoever. For starters, it was a complete waste of a storyline by not building up to Rowan and Harper feeling like they didn't want to follow Wyatt anymore. Wyatt and Rowan could've definitely feuded. Instead, out of nowhere they began running Wyatt promos where he said Rowan and Harper were free. And poof, they were singles wrestlers.

Which brings me to my next point. On their own, Rowan and Harper have become completely irrelevant. Together, they were a pretty good tag team. They put on some terrific matches with The Usos and in my opinion, should have won the tag team championship. Harper had a very short run as Intercontinental Champion that ended at TLC, and has since faded into obscurity. Rowan had a feud with Big Show and has suffered the same fate himself.

Next, Bray Wyatt is facing The Undertaker at WrestleMania. We all know it. Maybe part of the storyline should be that he wants Taker to join his newly reunited family. Wyatt's whole gimmick is that he's a cult leader. Yet he has no followers now. Pretty ridiculous. Unless they are looking to bury Taker and have Wyatt win completely clean without help, I would think Rowan and Harper can play a big part in the feud and match. Eventually, I could even get behind a new member. Cody Rhodes could potentially fit in very well here.

So what do you think? Should Bray remain solo or is it high time for a Wyatt Family reunion?

I think Rowan and Harper should reunite not Bray, Rowan and Harper. It was interesting to see during the Royal Rumble match all three guys in the ring together, could be a potential triple threat match on a PPV down the line if WWE knew how to book all them right as solo wrestlers. However, like I said Rowan and Harper need to be back together. WWE doesn't seem to make it a priority for Rowan and Harper to win matches individually, they might as well get back together.

did bray not do an interview a while back saying something like you havent seen the last of the wyatt family i have set them free but will call them back when i need them or something along that lines

To be considered a cult leader don't you need to have a cult, ie: as in more than one person?

That's the entire essence of Bray Wyatt, isn't it? The guy was never intended to be an entity unto himself; he has to have others do his bidding. Harper and Rowan were perfect; Rowan was mute while Harper spoke rarely; they were there in service of Bray. Bray could do his ranting while ordering the other two around; I was surprised the company split them up as soon as they did.

But, as always, it comes down to what Vince McMahon wants, and once he breaks up a group, you don't often see them re-form. It was interesting, as well, that in head-to-head competition, Harper beat Rowan cleanly the two times I saw them clash. At the same time, the whole "mensa" Erick Rowan gimmick seems to have been abandoned.

If I were to guess, I would think management might let Harper continue on his own, but have Rowan and someone new join Bray Wyatt. My basis for thinking this?......essentially nothing, except that Bray needs followers since in order to be a leader, you got to have someone to lead.

I strongly think they'll re-unite eventually but I'm hesitant as to whether it be at Mania or not. I'd probably be leaning towards they DO re-unite at Mania to take out Taker if Rowan wasn't involved in this stupid nowhere program with Ryback and Ziggler. I can't see Rowan just all of the sudden turning, but it's WWE and it can very well happen.

Tbh I've been thinking about this for a long time, as I think it's the best way to book Wyatt/Taker. Have a hard-hitting match with Wyatt controlling the majority, and Taker coming back in spurts. Near the end have Taker chokeslam Wyatt, lift him for the Tombstone and the lights will go off. Rowan and Harper show up and also get taken out by Taker, and than a third member comes out of nowhere to put Taker down and give Wyatt the win. Makes both parties look strong and doesn't "bury" Taker as some constantly (without stopping) imply.

I don't think he needs the family to find overall success, but yes that is the essence of his character. It is probably a good idea if he goes through streaks of having followers and not having followers. The way they handled the family break up, I think, is a good idea for an ongoing cult leader gimmick. He has followers until he sets them free. This will help his career as well as anyone who needs a refresh on their gimmick.

This thread seems to have a lot of Undertaker discussion as well. I, as a long time Taker fan, can see that it would be ok for him to lose again this year. But I think for it to work, and to stand alone as not part of an ongoing feud, the victory has to be both believable and clean. If Wyatt were to cheat, then they would almost certainly have to put Taker in a feud with him and I don't think he'll be wrestling anything more than a WM or 2 more before he hangs it up for good.

If he does lose, then that could set up a storyline where we don't have a clue who's gonna win in Taker vs Sting next year. The build up could be - Is Undertaker through, can he even win a match? And he and Sting could do their "minds games" they both do so well to each other for a month or two leading up to 32.

An Undertaker win over Bray Wyatt, I believe, has the potential to harm his legacy more than a loss does.

They never should have broken up in the first place. Seriously, why did that happen? How was there any positive of breaking these guys up? It was way too early, and nobody has benefited from it. The only reason Wyatt has any standing right now is because he's supposed to face Undertaker. Harper and Rowan are just floating around in limbo, and like the rest of the roster, nobody is over because there's no reason to care about anybody. At this rate, Harper and Rowan are on the path to becoming glorified jobbers. Which is not how it should be going. Honestly, it may just be the best option to reform the group. Or at least have Harper team with Wyatt again, keep Rowan face, and replace him. But anyway you go, they royal screwed up on all three of these guys.

I agree with this. I posted the same on a thread about how to regenerate the tag-team division.

There was absolutely no need to break Harper and Rowan up, and take them out of the Wyatt Family. Absolutely none. Harper was pushed for a month or so, had a meaningless IC title reign then absolutely nothing, and Rowan will never be a big success as a singles wrestler. And what about Bray? A cult leader without a cult is pretty pointless, which is a shame as a I really like the whole character.

There was so much more than could have been done with the Wyatts...they didn't even hold the Tag Team Titles for god's sake. How did that not happen? All 3 of them were better off together, especially Harper and Rowan. I'd have them reuinite in the run up to WrestleMania as Bray's "back-up" for his match with 'Taker, and try and interfere in the match at the PPV.

Bray did a interview where he said he let them be free but will reunite then when it's time. Have Bray evolve into some more evil than he is now, similiar to when when Undertaker formed the Ministry of Darkness. The same kids that cheer for Cena should fear Bray Wyatt when he does promos. What better time to reunite than when it's time to bury the Undertaker for good than now? Remember when Wyatt Family debuted and they took Kane away and we thought Kane was gonna join? What if they revist that storyline and Kane agreed to help the Wyatts destroy the Undertaker for good when the time was right in exchange for his "life" (something Kane has tried dozens of times and failed. And notice there hasnt been any interaction between Kane and Bray since he returned he has been tied to Daniel Bryan and the Authority angles). Given the nature of the whole Kane character it can work. Bring back the Undertaker this Monday (if he doesnt up at Fastlane, but considering the last time the WWE network for Free we gotta Sting surprise. Since Sting is already advertised, they need another surprise.) Have Undertaker address the Brock Lesnar loss (It makes fattens up the hog even more before you slay it). Then address the fact he know Bray been calling out to him. Have Bray come out with his latern smiling the whole time even when he gets face to face with him, then have the lights go out and come back with the whole Wyatt Family surrounding Taker and just before they attack.....EXPLOSION!!! Kane runs to the ring and makes the save, but in a corporate non-violent way just by simply telling the Wyatts to stand down and say on the mic "I gotta PROTECT you brother, you're a shell of yourself. I got the Authority on my side I'll make sure nobody harms you" (Bray said something about shell of himself too i believe). Have Kane save Taker maybe two more times before getting physical with the Wyatts then swerve at WM. Taker cant lose clean at Mania.

This works because:

This might be Taker's last match at WM, Kane should at least be apart of his demise in kayfabe

He pass the torch of the "darkside" character to Bray Wyatt in his last match

Kane implying that Undertaker is the inferior of two brothers now because of the Brock Lesnar defeat ties all the storylines together like the Avengers movies. This is like the Thor side of things lol

agreed, I wish bray was the one to end the streak. I can see how brock was a great choice being how he is a legitimate ass kicker and will ultimately be a huge selling point for whoever dethrones him of his title reign. Did he need the win to prove he was a cyborg killing machine in the ring? No, but it sure cemented him as a solid heel and destroyer in the eyes of those who may not know of his legitimate accomplishments in wrestling, pro wrestling and MMA. Plus. in the undertaker's eyes, he is who should have ended the streak. Thats all that matters. that being said. WYATT absolutely is the future of the "phenom" character . The guy had a ghost appear in the middle of the cell…..period. Sure, creative completely dropped the ball on the angle and we STILL have no explanation or even prompts to care enough to keep guessing what that all meant. Except one thing, who else does that kind of stuff. Especially in the "reality era". I for one will be rooting for wyatt this mania, and in almost any match up he is in for the foreseeable future.

I'd like to see them reunited and, as others have said, I don't really know why the decision was made to split them up in the first place as they had a great thing going. I thought they functioned extremely well as a unit with Wyatt working mostly singles matches, Harper & Rowan ultimately being the enforcers of his will and I thought Harper & Rowan were a great big man tag team. On their own, Rowan is most definitely floundering and Harper looks to be heading in the same direction following his brief alliance with The Authority.

Since it's unlikely they'll be back together, maybe Harper & Rowan should be repackaged because they just seem out of place with their current characters as singles wrestlers. Their whole schtick was being the loyal henchmen of a psychotic cult leader and being a couple of deranged psychos themselves. With their current looks, they fit perfectly as members of some backwoods cult living in the middle of some swamp in Florida. Now, they're just a couple of big guys with massive beards with one looking like he hasn't showered since Clinton was in office and the other with a sheep mask.

1. The only way he is going to be a lead figure is if they can sort out what it is he's trying to bring to the table. Yes he's good on the mic, and okay in the ring, but what else is it he's trying to achieve here. Every week he's changing direction.

Which Bryan it was trying to recruit him. Cena he was trying to bring out his dark side. Wyatt was trying to save Jericho, from what I don't know. Finally Ambrose, I still have no idea what that was all about. All I do know is it ended one of the feuds of the year for absolutely no good reason. It did nothing for either of them, and stopped Ambrose's momentum cold in it's tracks.

Being a multi-generational superstar only works if you are as good as the person you are following in the footsteps of. It's like Reigns, he's making a big deal out of his heritage now, but he's no Rock, Uso brothers or Yokazuma. Not yet anyway.

2. How many people are they going to use to try and put Wyatt over the hump. I mean it's not like they haven't tried before. Bryan, Cena, Jericho and Ambrose have all had feuds with him, and he's in the same place or even worse as he was before.

The announcers make a big deal of people taking out their cellphones and turning on the flashlights. I can tell you from experience, that I'm not a Wyatt fan, but I take mine out when he comes out. It's fun and a way for me to get involved without making some stupid sign, or sitting there chanting CM Punk like an idiot. I don't think as many fans like Bray Wyatt as you think they do.

To your first point: that's just bad booking/creative which we know is a widespread issue in the WWE. It has effected Reigns more negatively than anyone at the moment but your points about lack of direction for Wyatt are well heard and I agree.

Secondly, I'm not quite sure what "hump" Bray needs to get over?
He is BY FAR the most electric mid-card guy right now. Ambrose gets a decent pop but EVERYONE is interested in the Wyatt matches. His two tilts with Ziggler recently on RAW have been some of the better WWE in-ring matches of the year. His Rumble match against Bryan stole the show at that PPV IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back