Thank you PSN hackers

Whether or not you pay for a service is totally irrelevant to the quality of it. You have the right to expect a better product when you pay for it rather than accept a free version of it, but that doesn't necessarily mean it will be, as evidenced by Facebook, free email services, and arguably PSN.

In my personal experience a paid product is better than free one.
You should get out more. When it comes to technology, you can almost ALWAYS find a free alternative, and many times it's just as good, if not better than a paid version. I NEVER pay for computer software, as I can always find a good free version of what I want.

Let me propose this: you have 2 companies with the exact same amount of resources and they participate in the same market too. They both offer the exact same service but with one company charging money for that service while the other offers it for free, which service is more likely to be of a higher quality?
That's an asinine hypothetical. Do you think Sony makes no money from their PSN? Of course they do. They charge developer fees, game makers who host their content on PSN get charged, Sony collects advertising revenue, etc.

PSN may be free for the end user, but it's not like Sony is putting a product out there which isn't making them money.

So you'd argue public healthcare would be of higher quality?
How is that relevant? Your initial statement was:

I still maintain that a payed service would be generally better than a free one.

Even if your statement were true, it's just one statement against a whole host of statements in opposition. At the end of the day, you have to list a LARGE list of services/applications in which paid is clearly better than free, and you haven't/can't do that.

Paying for something when you can receive the same service or product for free is highly overrated. I feel just fine receiving the same
services for free instead of paying for them.

Paying for something when you can receive the same service or product for free is highly overrated. I feel just fine receiving the same
services for free instead of paying for them.

Especially when many times, especially in technology, the free service is better than the paid.

As an owner of a PS3 and 2 PSPs, I will be checking this out. I already have LBP for both systems, so luckily my choices are narrowed. InFamous is really a no brainer since I've been dying to get a hold of that. Decisions, Decisions.

Are they already automatically downloaded?

Is there only a certain time these will be available?

Well shit, better go buy my new damn hard drive then. No way will I have enough left when I download four games on it.

It's been five days. LittleBigPlanet is only 60% downloaded. I'm not allowed to even view the other free games. I have no idea why.

Well, LBP seems to download an extra 2% every time I turn my PS3 on, so there seems to be an obvious solution to that problem. Otherwise, yeah, fuck.

I paid for a service that I was able to play/use over the past couple of months.

That > staring at an offline only $300+ paperweight because hackers stole some CC#'s. :shrug:

I would never argue that free isn't better. Free is f'n awesome anytime I can get it. Reliable service for one fee a year is just as good, to me, however.

It's been five days. LittleBigPlanet is only 60% downloaded. I'm not allowed to even view the other free games. I have no idea why.
If it's what I think it is, there's a workaround for this. I'm not at home, but if you remind me when I am, I'll look for it.

Basically, you have to go to your Transaction Manager, and then you can get back in that way.

I paid for a service that I was able to play/use over the past couple of months.

That > staring at an offline only $300+ paperweight because hackers stole some CC#'s. :shrug:

I would never argue that free isn't better. Free is f'n awesome anytime I can get it. Reliable service for one fee a year is just as good, to me, however.
2 things:

1) If your game system is a paperweight because the game network is offline, then I truly question your status as a gamer.

2) Paying for the service had nothing to do with the Xbox network staying up.

How many free games do you think those Hackers were able to download before the cards were cancelled and the network went down to be repaired? :lmao: I'm willing to bet more than 2.
Probably very few, if any. Given the large scale attention this story got all around the world, any wise hacker would let the dust settle before trying to purchase things with those credit cards.

Shocky, get WipEout HD Fury, I'm telling you. It may seem difficult to grasp at first but it's all the more rewarding when you do grasp it, and you will. There are very few better looking games on PlayStation; it runs like a dream. Not to mention that it takes advantage of the custom soundtrack feature better than any other game I've seen. The first time you see a giant neon racetrack pulsate in time to the beat of your favourite song-- it's pretty sweet.

And thanks, Sly, I'll remind you when you get home. Or I could just trawl Yahoo answers or some similar site. I'm not sure I'm so unfortunate as to have a one of a kind problem.

Sweet Jesus on a porcelain toilet, I could put my head through a wall. I've identified the problem - or part of it - and know how to fix it. However, my network connection is so slow I can't even access the Services List menu, and I fucking need to. That means there are two other potential problems I need to correct:

1. I'm, fingers crossed, missing a system update. A system update that would stop my PS3 from behaving like a ******ed puppy and restore it to the magnificient stallion it used to be.
  2. Alternatively, the cunt that fucked about with my network configuration, then told me to fix it, wouldn't take "I don't know how to fix it - I wasn't the one that wanted to fuck around with it" for an answer and then sort of patched it back together has crippled the connection speeds of my PS3, but none of my other electronics.

I can access the Playstation Network most of the time. I have been downloading Infamous for 3 days in a row now and its still only at 40%. A 100 Mbps connection isn't that bad is it? At least in the past I was able to download full games in less than an hour. Maybe it is because a lot of users are on the network.

I can access the Playstation Network most of the time. I have been downloading Infamous for 3 days in a row now and its still only at 40%. A 100 Mbps connection isn't that bad is it? At least in the past I was able to download full games in less than an hour. Maybe it is because a lot of users are on the network.

It's best if you wait till sometime around 3am or later to download the rest of the game, there will be a lot less people on your Internet line causing congestion slowing down the procedure, and downloading should quicken up, which worked in my case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back