Super Mario Galaxy

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Super Maro Galaxyis a forthcoming video game for the Wii developed by Nintendo and will be released on November 12, 2007 in America and 4 days later in Europe.[4] It will be the third first-party true 3D platformer Mario game. The game was announced at Nintendo's press conference at E3 on May 9, 2006.

Most of the game is set in outer space along a vast chain of miniature planetoids and other space matter. Mario is capable of jumping or launching from planet to planet in order to gather items and defeat enemies. Gravity plays a significant role in the game, as each planet has a gravitational force that prevents Mario from drifting off into space, which allows the player to walk evenly around a complexly rounded surface. The varying degrees of gravity also have an effect on Mario's ability to jump, and is used to pull Mario towards certain planetoids while in mid-flight. Like previous 3D Mario games, the main objective is to collect Stars, which are awarded by completing tasks or defeating enemies. The game will have six themed areas, 40 galaxies, and 120 stars to collect.

[youtube]3Ulpqnb0ovc[/youtube]

Looks like the one that everyone will want if they have a Wii and I know i will be getting it as it looks baddass and hopefully be somewhat challeneging ;) But i have to say this will be the one game that will really put the Wii on the map more than it is now IMP as Zelda was nice but nothing beats Mario on Nintendo and i for one can not wait.

Going to have to disagree with that last statement, I love Zelda.

But Mario Galaxy is looking quite amazing, I was quite disappointed with Sunshine (though loved 64), lets see if the franchise can redeem itself...and where's Luigi??!

haha Well I have always played nintendo even though i do play more playstation and I think Zelda is second to any of the Mario games and I think this one will out sell Zelda the version on the wii and this still IMO is the game that will get people to buy Wii's.

I was also disappointed Sunshine and i think the franchise can redeem itself and humm good question about Lugi :cool:

Unlike most of the mario games? this game sounds exactly like Super Mario 64 (which itself was the first of its kind of a Mario game, first mario game in 3D and first mario game where you just try to find your way around the castle, no time limit) collect stars, items like keys and whatnot, find your way around the levels, Planets instead of worlds painted on a canvas.

OF course Mario's going to outsell Zelda, it always seems to. I'm looking forward to seeing how the controls will work for it on the wii. What's also cool is the bee suit which is crying out Mario 3 (Raccoon, frog suit, tanuki, hammer suit). I've always been Nintendo, and I was reading an article with the BBC today who reckons that because of Galaxy the wii sales will pass that of the 360 worldwide rather soon.

Great...another cookie cutter mario game. I am not into this game or the Wii, from the looks of the video this game looks like Sunshine which sucked. Might as well call this Super Mario Sunshine 2 instead! All these Mario game are starting look alike as this also has some elements of new super mario bros on the DS and with similar graphics.

What Nintendo needs are some new franchises instead of milking old ones. Atleast Xbox 360 and PS3 are bringing NEW franchises to the table, mario has just gotten old to me. I have been playing mario games since I was 6! That is getting towards 21 years people, from the first mario on the NES to New super mario bros on the DS...and almost everyone in between..I have just grown tired of this series now. I must have played over a dozen of these games, 16 to be honest and I have grown bored of it. Maybe there is more to it, but since all I have to go on is that video...I am just not into it. I just want something...new as in new franchises.

from the looks of the video this game looks like Sunshine which sucked. Might as well call this Super Mario Sunshine 2 instead!

It's not looking like sunshine at all, everything seems to be different.

And Mario's a successful franchise, why stop it if it's successful?

It's not looking like sunshine at all, everything seems to be different.

And Mario's a successful franchise, why stop it if it's successful?

I was going off the video which looked a lot like sunshine, and I am tired of mario and want some new stuff. Nothing to do with you or anybody else, just me. After 21 years of playing mario I am thirsty for something new. Thats why Fable 2 and LA Noire have spiked my interest.

I was playing Mario Golf for the game cube the other day. Damn that is surprisingly fun. The entire concept for this game was stolen from a minigame in Ratchet & Clank though.

If I'm not mistaken it's based on Mario Golf 64 which was published a few years before Ratchet & Clank.

And hot damn you're mrs sam!

And DIAR yeah I see your point, we're obviously different gamers, LA Noire looks incredible mind.

Let's bring this back up. I'm not quite sure when the release date is, although I think it may be today in the USA. If someone could confirm that it'd be great.

Nintendo are definitely the best fan-pleasers. Although I still think the 360 is far and away a better console, I envy Wii owners everywhere once this amazing gem of a game is released. This could revitalise the entire platform genre... and it's a Mario game!! The graphics look great for the Wii too, and the controls look reassuringly simple (not like Sonic and the Secret Rings, sheesh!!).

Anyway, this is a good reason for me to get a Wii. In fact, once Brawl and Mario Kart come out, I'll definitely be picking myself up one.

Well, it doesn't look like a bad game, I'll probably end up getting it for Christmas or something. The way it looks in the video, it kind of reminds me of Super Mario 64. I'm not really sure why, but if it reminds anyone else of Super Mario 64, please comment.

The way it looks in the video, it kind of reminds me of Super Mario 64. I'm not really sure why, but if it reminds anyone else of Super Mario 64, please comment.

It's really a sequel to 64. Well, it's really a sequel to Sunshine, which was a sequel to 64. That's why it may remind you to 64 in that it's really the purest platform experience on the market, although it's really a massively evolved form. To be honest, this game has so many great elements I'll have difficulty waiting a few months before blowing most of my restricted budget on a Wii and a few games. Whoever says that videogames inspire violence have obviously never played a Nintendo game.

It's really a sequel to 64. Well, it's really a sequel to Sunshine, which was a sequel to 64. That's why it may remind you to 64 in that it's really the purest platform experience on the market, although it's really a massively evolved form. To be honest, this game has so many great elements I'll have difficulty waiting a few months before blowing most of my restricted budget on a Wii and a few games. Whoever says that videogames inspire violence have obviously never played a Nintendo game.

Ahh, luckily for me, I have an older brother who buys all the video game systems when it comes out, so I don't have to worry about buying it. Lol, if it was left for me to buy, it would never get bought. I suck at saving money.

this game is amazing, we got the demo at work today and its downright awesome. Alot of people come in and look at the Wii and ask if there is a mario game out because they know the Wii is made by nintendo and when they found out its coming out, they want the Wii already. A couple people have came in and got the Wii just for that game

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back