Super Mario Brothers...Greatest Nintendo Game Ever?

Status
Not open for further replies.

A.J.

SmackDown! is MY Show
Now anyone that has played Nintendo has some point in their life has played Super Mario Brothers. So I want to know as Nintendo has been longer than playstation and Xbox is the Super Mario Brother games the greatest nintendo Game ever?

I have to say yes it is. If it wasn't for Super Mario brothers then I have to think there be no Nintendo today. As Mario brothers really help put Nintendo on the map with is levels and gameplay. Granted Nintendo improved the consloe and graphics aspects of each of its games and systems, but Mario brothers is what grabbed peoples attention and made them play Nintendo. Sega had Sonic but could not last as Mario improved and to this very day as so many differnet version of a Mario brothers game from tennis, to mario party. So looking at Nintendo i have to say Yes, Super Mario Brothers is the greatest Nintendo game ever.

I agree that Mario really made Nintendo popular and is the reason their around today. It's probably the most popular to with all of the spinoffs like Mario Party and all the sports games etc. But personal preference I like Metroid more because it's I think the best shooting series ever. I know people will say Resident Evil and Halo but the only Resident Evil I like is 4 because of how they changed the system to the behind the back camera. And Halo just isn't as long and you don't get a ton of upgrades like Metroid which makes it cool. But that's just personal preference but if your talking more about most important then it's Mario.

There's nothing better than a classic Mario game. This creation impacted more on the video gaming world than any other game I can think of. Who in their lives has never played a Mario game in their life? Nothing better than those old Super Nintendo Mario games, and even Mario Party on the N64 rocked. Anything Mario related usually sells tons, and so it's no question in my mind that the Super Mario Brothers are the greatest gaming creation ever. But, they should have stayed in video games, not that pathetic movie attempt. They were further proof that video games don't make good movies. But there's no denying that they have made for some awesome games, and I love those little guys.

As great as the Mario series is goiing from Super MArio Bros. to Galaxy coming soon on the wii, wo tennis, football (or soccer for you guys), tennis, golf and of course mario Karts. It is definately not the greatest Nintendo game series. That belongs to our little friend Link and the princess Zelda. The legend of Zelda games are incredible my personal favourite. Though I still love the Mario BROTHERS games (not Mario sunshine!...they really need to bring Luigi back)

Ok....I really am not into new video game systems, but I still have my good ol' Nintendo (it's 20 years old and works perfectly!) and Super Nintendo. I have to say that Super Mario Bros. is the greatest video game ever in terms of influence. It was really the start of the video game craze. Without the Mario Bros. series I don't think that video games would be as popular as they are today.
I am more of a Zelda girl myself, but I will have to say that I may be the best ever at Super Mario Bros. 3!!! It's true.

Reactions: Lee
I believe that yes, the Mario Brothers series is the single greatest Nintendo series ever. They are just so fun to play. You get a great nostalgic feel when you go back and play the older ones. And the new ones are improving, with the upcoming Super Mario Galaxy using the motion-sensitive Wii controller. I also love playing Mario Party games. They are just pure fun that you can enjoy by yourself or with friends. No Nintendo without Mario? I might go as far as to say that there would be no video gaming without Mario.

Best game ever. It's so simple and yet so challenging. It's truly a wonder of the gaming world. It's one of those games you can just keep on playing. The DS version is good but nowhere near the standard of the original. My original Nintendo has a beer accident. Fortunatley I found a rip of version called Panda. Same game but with a panda. Genius.

Has anyone got a wii? You can download some NES and SNES games, I've just downlaoded link to the past but debating getting Super Mario Bros. 1 and 2 or MArio World or even 64, MArio 3 is not there yet. I loved that game!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back