Steve's PPV Thread

SJM12492

SAVE_US.Y2J
I read an article not too long ago about the WWE thinking about some more theme PPVs including a tournament style one (which was basically King of the Ring), and two other ideas based on matches that can just be done at Extreme Rules, but all of this got me thinking...

This year, the WWE has gone under a lot of changes in it's PPVs. This includes removing some PPVs and adding some new ones, basically for the next generation of superstar. These 'new' PPVs include:

-Breaking Point
-Hell in a Cell
-Bragging Rights

Some PPVs have also came under some name changes to help them fit into the next generation too, these include:

-Extreme Rules (formally One Night Stand)
-The Bash (formally The Great American Bash)
-Night of Champions (formally Vengence)

Also, over the years of the WWE, there have been plenty of PPVs retired, these include:

-The Wreslting Classic (1985)
-No Holds Barred (1989)
-This Tuesday in Texas (1991)
-One Night Only (1997)
-Capital Carnage (1998)
-In Your House (1995-1999)
-Over the Edge (1998-1999)
-Fully Loaded (1998-2000)
-Invasion (2001)
-King of the Ring (1993-2001)
-Rebellion (1999-2002)
-Insurrextion (2000-2003)
-Bad Blood (1997, 2003-2004)

Most Recent:

-December to Dismember (2006)
-New Year's Revolution (2005-2007)
-Unforgiven (1998-2008)
-No Mercy (1999-2008)
-Cyber Sunday (2004-2008)

So the point of the thread is this, read the PPVs above and choose one of them to bring back, an explain your reasons why you want to bring it back that particullar PPV? And I want you to make a PPV, give it a name and a theme if you want too. Something like this:

------------------------
Return: King of the Ring

I think it's say to say that this probably will be the most used PPV to return in this thread. King of the Ring has given pushes to some of the most successful superstars in the business, including people like Triple H and Steve Austin. But now the tournament has taken a downward turn by taking it off PPV and having it on a normal RAW. In my opinion, it should return as a PPV, with someone a little more needent winning it, rather then William Regal...

Create-a-PPV: Champion's Gauntlet.

The theme of this PPV includes pitting champions against other champions, and there are 3 matches that are already on the card going in the PPV including:

-WWE Champion vs. World Heavyweight Champion vs. ECW Champion
-US Champion vs. Intercontinental Champion
-Women's Champion vs. Diva's Champion

This is basically so that it will sort of 'satisfy' some of the people who argue that that the world championships should be unified to have one distint winner. The main event proves who the number one wrestler is in the whole WWE... Not to shappy h'uh?
------------------------

So, go on then, give it a go and pick one PPV to return and create one yourself...

A couple of years ago, the WWE made the change to make ALL PPVs tri-branded. Before this, almost all PPVs were exclusive to one brand: RAW, SmackDown! and ECW. These PPVs were sorted like this:

RAW:

-New Year's Revolution
-Backlash
-Vengence
-Unforgiven
-Cyber Sunday

SmackDown!:

-Armageden
-No Way Out
-Judgement Day
-The Great American Bash
-No Mercy

ECW:

-December to Dismember

Ignoring the fact that most of the PPVs have changed, I want you guys to contribute in this thread and answer this question:

-What's better, tri-branded or exclusive PPVs?

Although both these types of PPVs have some positives and some negatives including:

'Exculsive' Postives:

-More wrestlers have a chance at scoring a PPV.
-It gives more time to work of fueds before the next PPV.
-It gives a lot more worth to the 'big 4' (SummerSlam, Survivor Series, Royal Rumble, WrestleMania).
-People could choose which brand PPV they can watch, if they perfer one brand over another.

Negatives:

-The WWE will make less money because some people watch one brand more then others and will only order a PPV exclusive to that brand.

'Tri-Branded' Positives:

-There are 3 main events for each brand on one PPV giving value for money.
-WWE will make more money when people buy more PPVs.

Negatives:

-Younger superstars need to work a lot harder to score a PPV match.
-Some people just want one main event and don't want to be overwelmed.

As you can see it's pretty evenly matched, so what do you (personally) perfer? Exclusive PPVs or Tri-branded PPVs?

Definitely tri branded PPVs (with the exception of "the big 4")

I honestly hate the fact that Breaking Point is in 2 weeks. Its ridiculous how the storylines are barely fully developed, and new feuds are created just after the PPV and have only 3 weeks or so to grow.(We are only 3 SD episodes away from seeing CM Punk and Taker brawl) I guess Im a fan of great buildups.

I personally like the Brand Exclusive PPVs, but when it comes down to it, it’s just a regular weekly show with about an extra hour. Plus it obviously failed in the past and I can’t see anyone anywhere ordering an ECW PPV. Remember, it’s all about the Money!!

You don’t want “More” Superstars to get a match at a PPV. It’s takes away from being on the PPV.

If you want more time to work on feuds before the next PPV, I suggest alternating. By this I mean, have a feud go on for about two months before putting in on a PPV. For example, aside from the Big 4, the Smaller PPVs should showcase just one World Title match and then display the other World Title at the next one. We don’t need to make the whole PPV brand specific. One month could have the WWE Title and the IC Title matches and then the next month we could have the World Title and the US Title matches.

To give more worth to the Big 4, you simply put both (all three, in my opinion) World Titles on the line. Simple enough.

Why would you make people choose?? You want people to buy all. If they wanted to choose, let them choose between WWE and TNA, not Raw, Smackdown, ECW and TNA. That would be giving fans a choice between 4 instead of 2, thus splitting the buy rates.

As for the younger Superstars making it to a PPV, yes they have to work harder. Why give someone lower on the card a spot on the PPV?? PPVs should be saved for the ones making the company money. I know you and everyone else would not want to see a Mid – Card / Lower – Card / Non – Title match that you can see on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday or Friday, would you??

One more thing, who in the blue hell, is overwhelmed by more than one Main Event??

This is not evenly matched. If it was, we would still be seeing a December to Dismember.

I like the seperate PPVs more, they were building storylines better then, and the fact you able to see nobodies like Rodney Mack or some of those kinds of guys more often.

But would you pay for it?? It's simple math. If I can see on for free, why pay for it. Would you pay for Raw, ECW and / or Smackdown once a month?? I know you wouldn’t. I know no one would. I’d pay for Saturday Night’s Main Event, but I sure as hell wouldn’t pay for a 3 hour Red, Black and / or Blue show.

I would like King of The Ring to return because like you said it pushes stars, and i think likes of Morrison, Ziggler, Swagger could win KOTR and earn a world title shot like the one in 2002 where lesnar won and earned a title shot at summerslam

the PPV i thought about is Sacirfice to Gold, I know it will sound stupid but i was just thinking about it, have every title on the line in a gimmick match in order to win or retian the championships that they are fighting for,

matches i thought of are

10 Men Sacirfice War Match for both WWE and Heavyweight title
Champion Orton vs. Champion Punk vs. Swagger vs. Morrison vs. Taker vs. HBK vs. Cena vs. MVP vs. Triple H vs. Jericho

Ladder Match for I.C Championship
Champion Mysterio vs. Ziggler

Cage Match for U.S Title
Champion Kingston vs. Miz

Fatel 4 Hardcore Tag Team Match
Champions The Hart Dynasty vs. Legacy vs. Crime Tyme vs. Valdmire and Jackson

Last Men Standing Match for ECW Championship
Champion Christian vs. Big Show

8 Men Cruswerwight Championship Match ( Title Returns)
The Hurricane vs. Jame Nobal vs. Yoshi vs. Chavo vs. Slam Master J vs. Ryder vs. Tyler Reks vs. Jimmy Wang Yang

Title Unification Match
Women's Champion McCool vs. Divas Champion Gail Kim

I know it doesnt make sense but i just wanted to see what you guys think

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back