Honestly, which "New" PPVs would you rather have?

Dirty Spamchez

Pre-Show Stalwart
It was noted earlier in the month that WWE was hearing out the "WWE Universe" whether they rather have a TLC PPV, tournament styled PPV or some others. My point here is which PPV would you enjoy more/rather have, a tournament themed PPV or a PPV where the match theme can be used on any other PPV? I mean will they ever have a TLC match, Hell in a Cell or Submission match outside of Breaking Point, Hell in a Cell or the TLC PPV? It really does get boring for the PPVs to be like this, IMO. I mean, IMO, I would rather they take away SummerSlam to put in a tournament styled PPV, kinda like King of the Ring back in the Day. But these lame PPVs like Hell in a Cell and TLC matches in one night really takes away from their prestige. In your opinions, would you rather have a lame match theme for a PPV or a Tournament style PPV? Because I really think the WWE is shitting us with these gay "New" PPVs. We spend our hard in dollars to watch the WWE and what the fuck do we get out of it? A piece a trash that has no prestige at all unlike the classic PPVs (No Mercy, Unforgiven, Armageddon, One Night Stand, The Great American Bash, and the ones that they got rid of completely) .

Your thoughts, please.

The whole concept of basing Pay Per Views off of 1 specific specialty match is just another stupid idea in the long list of things that WWE has done recently that is making me more and more ticked off with them. I honestly think they should just drop the idea and stick with the PPV's they have now. Either that or get rid of some and bring back some of the PPV's that they got rid of in the past. Drop the HIAC and TLC and Breaking Point PPV's and bring back King Of The Ring or One Night Stand.

The whole concept of basing Pay Per Views off of 1 specific specialty match is just another stupid idea in the long list of things that WWE has done recently that is making me more and more ticked off with them. I honestly think they should just drop the idea and stick with the PPV's they have now. Either that or get rid of some and bring back some of the PPV's that they got rid of in the past. Drop the HIAC and TLC and Breaking Point PPV's and bring back King Of The Ring or One Night Stand.

Thank you someone who agrees with me I posted a topic like this in an another section and everyone bashed me.Well these themed PPVs make the B PPVs worth ordering, however it takes prestige away from these matches we just had Hardy VS Punk in a 5 star TLC match and now we are going to have a PPV based on the match itself this will just make all previous TLC matches look normal and not unqiue because now you can expect to see them every year at a certain time.Now WWE is definitely lacking the element of surprise now a days so these stipulations actually brings it back but now that is gone too. When you hear TLC you get excited but now when you hear it you think can't wait for the PPV. As bad as this gets at least have these matches on other PPVs I sure as hell think that these matches should be on more than one PPV so they should not be exclusive.

I thought i should maybe go a little more specific on my beef with the "themed" ppv's, ie. HIAC, TLC, and Breaking point. If I'm not mistaken the concept is that the Main Event matches are going to be fought under those specific rules. My thought is, not every "superstar" is going to be able to make that match worth watching. Like for example, Batista or The Great Khali in a TLC match is not going to put people in seats. When I think TLC i think of Jeff Hardy hitting a swanton bomb off a 15 foot ladder on a guy laying on a table. I think of all the classic matches from the earlier days featuring the Hardys, E&C (Edge and Christian) and the Dudley Boys and then I imagine how the WWE is risking making this match obscure by overusing it and it makes me want to throw up. HIAC and TLC are like the Inferno Match and the Elimination Chamber, they should only be used very sparingly in big time feuds, this is why so many people are able to remember the moments and highlights.

I agree too. The only one I wish they bring back is King of the Ring. I think Breaking Point may be good but for the rest of the themed PPVs are bad. If WWE are planning to make all the PPVs like that then like the one you guys say, it would be bad. I think they should keep their PPvs the way they are and maybe keep a few themed PPvs.

One themed PPV the WWE desperately needs to bring back is the King of the Ring, hands down.

What better platform to showcase and display the skills of many of the up-and-coming talents of the WWE? Morrison, Ziggler, Miz...the list could go on and on here. The WWE need not use any main-eventers here, much like they did with the 2008 version that William Regal won. That way the main-eventers could continue their storylines on the bigger PPVs and KoTR could be used as a standalone PPV.

The only tweak I would make to the tournament would be to widen the field to 12 competitiors, so as to include 4 wrestlers from each of the main three shows.

It was noted earlier in the month that WWE was hearing out the "WWE Universe" whether they rather have a TLC PPV, tournament styled PPV or some others. My point here is which PPV would you enjoy more/rather have, a tournament themed PPV or a PPV where the match theme can be used on any other PPV? I mean will they ever have a TLC match, Hell in a Cell or Submission match outside of Breaking Point, Hell in a Cell or the TLC PPV? It really does get boring for the PPVs to be like this, IMO. I mean, IMO, I would rather they take away SummerSlam to put in a tournament styled PPV, kinda like King of the Ring back in the Day. But these lame PPVs like Hell in a Cell and TLC matches in one night really takes away from their prestige. In your opinions, would you rather have a lame match theme for a PPV or a Tournament style PPV? Because I really think the WWE is shitting us with these gay "New" PPVs. We spend our hard in dollars to watch the WWE and what the fuck do we get out of it? A piece a trash that has no prestige at all unlike the classic PPVs (No Mercy, Unforgiven, Armageddon, One Night Stand, The Great American Bash, and the ones that they got rid of completely) .

Your thoughts, please.

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute here. Did I actually read this correctly? You want them, the WWE, a multi-m(b)illion dollar company, to get rid of their biggest summer pay per view every year? One of the big 4 pay per views? You sir are daft to think that. Why the hell should they stop performing a pay per view that has been going on for years?

Now let me say this. The old B-rated pay per views like you mentioned, No Mercy, Unforgiven, etc, are awesome pay per views. But they are the B-rated shows. Before they were No Mercy and Armageddon, they were In Your House PPVs. It was a step up from the IYH, but still B-rated, and can't compare to the big 4. Vince wants to test out the idea of gimmick based PPVs. So what? Because you won't like it? You don't even know what it will be like. People are jumping to conclusions about Breaking Point and how horrible it would be before it happened. Sit back relax and let it happen. The WWE is known to surprise you every now and then. Besides, it is likely that not every match will be a TLC match on the PPV. Calm down.

I am still kind of laughing that you want to take away Summerslam, but you and some of the others mentioned the King of the Ring. This is what I am inclined to agree with, and it should be brought back. But not in August as you would wish, it should be in July. And it should only be brought back if the majority of the tournament takes place on the PPV, but it is doubtful that would even happen if it came back. So everyone quit pissing and moaning about gimmick style PPVs. Give it a chance, and if it actually does suck, then you can complain. But until that happens, please just shut up.

Whoa whoa whoa. Wait a minute here. Did I actually read this correctly? You want them, the WWE, a multi-m(b)illion dollar company, to get rid of their biggest summer pay per view every year? One of the big 4 pay per views? You sir are daft to think that. Why the hell should they stop performing a pay per view that has been going on for years?

Now let me say this. The old B-rated pay per views like you mentioned, No Mercy, Unforgiven, etc, are awesome pay per views. But they are the B-rated shows. Before they were No Mercy and Armageddon, they were In Your House PPVs. It was a step up from the IYH, but still B-rated, and can't compare to the big 4. Vince wants to test out the idea of gimmick based PPVs. So what? Because you won't like it? You don't even know what it will be like. People are jumping to conclusions about Breaking Point and how horrible it would be before it happened. Sit back relax and let it happen. The WWE is known to surprise you every now and then. Besides, it is likely that not every match will be a TLC match on the PPV. Calm down.

I am still kind of laughing that you want to take away Summerslam, but you and some of the others mentioned the King of the Ring. This is what I am inclined to agree with, and it should be brought back. But not in August as you would wish, it should be in July. And it should only be brought back if the majority of the tournament takes place on the PPV, but it is doubtful that would even happen if it came back. So everyone quit pissing and moaning about gimmick style PPVs. Give it a chance, and if it actually does suck, then you can complain. But until that happens, please just shut up.

You read that correctly. All you needed to do to see those same matches was see the PPV before SummerSlam. Same matches except a few. SummerSlam was fairly boring. I don't know if you saw it but the only entertaining matches were Rey/Ziggler and Hardy/Punk match. It really does take away from the prestige of the matches. Hell in a Cell usually happens with Triple H or UnderTaker. TLC usually happens with Hardys or Edge and Christian. Yeah...

These theme ppv's appeal to young kids and the casual wrestling fan but not to the hardcore wrestling fan. I don't like matches like TLC or HIAC oversaturated in one PPV it destroys the magic of the match. If a ppv was a themed ppv to include only diffrent kinds of backstage brawls I would love it. I miss matches like the Jan. 4th 1999 Raw match between Al Snow and Road Dog. I would love to see matt hardy vs punk in a brawl on the ski slopes or miz vs kingston at chuckie cheeses (kofi jumping from top of childrens indoor play tube thing would be awesome and miz throwing kofi through an arcade machine will be awesome). Theme PPV's arent any good without change, if a ppv was themed to include diffrent kinds of backstage brawls then I would love it but not the same HIAC match over and over.

I hate this new PPV naming crap, it takes away the suprise of announcing a hell in a cell match or tlc match because we know it'll be coming up in a ppv every year. Usually we'll be able to tell who'll be in that match anyway so we basically know what match will be happening four weeks before the actual PPV. You're not going to see HHH in a TLC match are you. Next thing you know No way out will be called "Elemination chamber" and Backlash will be "Last Man Standing". Not every PPV has to have a gimmick, I like the idea of being able to have a tlc match on any ppv, not just one definately. Sometimes when they skip a tlc match for a year it makes it more exciting when it's announced. Having one themed event like the Royal rumbe is fine because it's a very special match, but we don't need 7 like that, it makes everything feel much more strict.

Wanna talk about magic? And I know I've said this before, but how about the old school survivor series PPV's where ALL the matches were elimination matches. Even Hogan's matches. I think it would do the WWE some good to bring this back instead of having TLC or Hell in a Cell. The whole thing, cheesy team names and all.. Ok, maybe not cheesy team names, but you get the idea. The Survivor Series used to be a great way to push a story through to the Rumble or Wrestlemania, obviously it would be tougher to do that now with 12 PPVs a year, but I digress. We're suck watching the Hell in a Cell get ruined.

the new wwe theme ppvs are stupid come on first breaking point then hiac and them bragging rights n now tlc :wtf:whats next cage match ppv or mayb a burn alive ppv man stay with the same ppvs or name them different dont name them like the matches they have that we have seen all our lifes.....:confused:put crazy effin names like total choas or bring back old names like december 2 dismember new years revolution but with a different theme....:shrug:

Honestly, it's the best way to bring interest to the lower ranked PPV's, and it actually makes them interesting. People will buy ppvs if they have a theme to them. These shows were essentially bland and unimportant, and no one really cared about them. I'd much rather watch a show with Hell in a Cell main events than a regular one.

You read that correctly. All you needed to do to see those same matches was see the PPV before SummerSlam. Same matches except a few. SummerSlam was fairly boring. I don't know if you saw it but the only entertaining matches were Rey/Ziggler and Hardy/Punk match. It really does take away from the prestige of the matches. Hell in a Cell usually happens with Triple H or UnderTaker. TLC usually happens with Hardys or Edge and Christian. Yeah...

So again, like I said. You want to get rid of the biggest summer PPV of the year? It is one of the big 4 like I already said. It ain't going anywhere, so enjoy the biggest party of the summer. But lets see your comparison of Summerslam and Night of Champions, because according to you they are oh so similar.

I am looking up both PPVs, and the only ones that I see that were the same are Mysterio vs. Ziggler and Hardy vs. Punk. Which you said were the only entertaining matches of the PPV. Orton vs. Cena in a singles match for the title didn't happen at NOC. Besides, I don't understand how a run-in by Brett DiBiase can be considered boring in a title match. DX certainly wasn't around for NOC. But they went up against Legacy in a pretty good match, helping make Cody and Ted look like they can at least hold their own in the ring. JeriShow vs. Cryme Time didn't happen at NOC. You seem to be failing this "same matches" comparison so far. MVP vs. Jack Swagger? They were in a 6 man title match at NOC, and one on one at SS. Kane vs. Khali, granted it sucked, didn't happen at NOC. And Christian beat William Regal at Summerslam, compared to Tommy Dreamer at NOC. None of those, except for Mysterio vs. Ziggler and Hardy vs. Punk were the same matches. So you fail in that regard.

Again, how do you know who would even be in the match? You don't know. Quit trying to think you know what is going to happen. Breaking Point was thought to be a submissions only PPV. Yet there are only two submission matches on the card. Both have people that can utilize submission maneuvers. How do you know that Hell in a Cell won't just be Undertaker and Triple H in their respective matches? Just how do you know this? Again, you don't. So quit assuming that it will take away prestige from the matches themselves until they happen. Besides, TLC isn't only exclusive to E&C, or the Hardys. Yeah, they revolutionized the match, but that is because it is what got them over. Punk has kicked ass in ladder matches in his career so far. So why can't he be in another TLC? I realize that having them more than once a year is a little much, but you know what, oh well. We get another gimmick match. So quit your pissing and moaning, because, and I'll repeat this again, you don't know what the matches will be, and who will be in them.

I love the idea of themed PPVs, as long as they do what what they are doing with this months Breaking Point PPV, and only have Main Events utilize the stipulation the PPV is named for. This is where TNA screwed up Lockdown, by the time the Main Event comes, the cage Match gets boring (to me).

I am excited to see the Hell In A Cell PPV, because Hell In A Cell tends to be an exciting match, and if the Main Events will be in it, then CM Punk will be wrestling in it (since hopefully he is still World Champion), and Hell In A Cell could help elevate him more (especially if he is wrestling/beating Undertaker).

I am excited to see the TLC PPV, because hopefully by that point, CM Punk will still be the champ, and maybe he will wrestle Matt Hardy for the World Championship.

Of the 3, I am least looking forward to Breaking Point. It is an interesting PPV concept (submission match main events), and I can't wait to see The Undertaker tap out (hopefully to the Anaconda Vice, which CM Punk hasn't done in a few years now), but Submission matches don't have the same amount of excitement as TLC/Hell In a Cell matches.

As for the idea of seeing a King Of the Ring tournament PPV, I am all for it. Tournaments are a good way of elevating superstars in the eyes of the fans (the King of the Ring's track record is pretty good at pushing guys). But the idea of replacing Summerslam with King of the Ring is almost as bad as the idea of Mabel winning the aforementioned tournament back in 1995. As CH David said, SummerSlam is one of the Big 4, and is irreplaceable, not to mention a quality show with a big history.

If what im assuming from the hell in a cell ppv is correct (2 hell in a cell matches; 1 for wwe title, 1 for world heavyweight title), then this will suck. Think about how many hell in a cells there have been in the last like 3 years, and now this year there will be 2 in one night. The reason every one does not like it is becuase we are fast forwarding ourselves into the future. Basically we are thinking "wow, i dont want to see a lot of these incredible matches becuase then it will get old after seeing it so many times, especially 2 in the same night." This really is just like listening to a good song. If your listening to a good song then you will keep repeatedly listening to it and then eventually the song gets old and you've listened to it many times and simply lose interest into it. This is the exact concept as a gimmick match with the same glory as a hell in a cell. (look at the cage match, those arent that exciting anymore)

Plus another point is that with 2 hell in a cells, it really ruins the ppv match card. At no way out we saw an elimination chamber start the show off and then end the show. Like that sucks, i dont want to see a great tlc match to start of the show and then sit through a diva match, then maybe a mid-carders match which obviously would not be as good as the tlc, then maybe a triple h, orton, or cena match (which we all can admit is not anything special, plus at least 1 of those 3 would be in 1 of the tlc matches), and then the final tlc comes but im already kind of sick of it cause i saw one about 2 hours ago.

The specific, one gimmick only PPVs would be great if one rule were followed. The respective matches only occurred on those PPVs. It builds up the match more when TLC matches are only held on one Sunday night a year. Or Submission matches, or Hell in a Cell matches. People mark the fuck out when they know the Hell in a Cell PPV is making it's way around the corner because you don't see that match on any other Sunday of the year. With that being exactly what the WWE wants, I don't see the problem.

Now they have to be careful and not to go overboard. Having all of your gimmicks confined to their own separate PPVs makes for some boring Wrestlemanias. Just sayin'.

As for the thread question, I would rather have a tournament night than a night exclusively for TLC matches. Why? Every wrestler can do well in a tournament. Not every wrestler can pull off a TLC match.

I don't really see the need for themed PPVs either personally. I'm going to watch the PPVs anyway so to me it's irrelevant what the theme is going to be, plus we in the UK don't pay for all of them anyway, so it's not going to affect how much i'm willing to spend on WWE PPVs either.

But i do agree with everyone that wants KOTR back, not just as a tournament to fill space in June, but as an actual PPV. Remember how there'd be like 32 guys all having qualifying matches to join the final 8? Instead of what they've done the last couple of times where they just had the final at a PPV, or had the whole tournament on Raw one night? For me, that was the biggest thing to watch in WWE between WM and Summerslam, and now they have nothing except maybe NoC and Extreme Rules, which are all well and good, but why can't we have KOTR as well?

With the exceptions of say Billy Gunn, Shamrock, Mable and Regal, everyone who won KOTR went on to become a star in the 'E'. By not having it at a PPV it doesn't seem important, and by not doing it at all, it just seems like such a wasted opportunity to get a mid-carder or an up and comer over in as little as a month.

I am not a fan of the New Type of PPV, just seems corny. I like the gimmick matches, but not when you put a full card of them on the same event. It makes the event seem less "real" than it already is. Submission finishes in general are like a lost art. Cena is one of the few big stars who uses a submission finisher regularly. The Undertaker did for a while too, but he is an another issue. I really don't see how they can just throw him into the World Title scene without having wrestled a match since Wrestle Mania. And if they take the title off of CM Punk there really is no hope for the WWE. With basically no one using a submission finisher regularly how are they going to create a finish that looks viable. I really can't wait to see how they are going to pull it off. It will be interesting.

If there was one gimmick PPV to use I would love to see King of the Ring come back. I think there are two options for KOTR. The first being to have the PPV be before Survivor Series, formerly Cyber Sunday now Bragging Rights. Have the winner of the tournament receive a championship match at Survivor Series. They could even move it to the PPV before Bragging Right, formerly No Mercy now Hell in a Cell. If it is two PPV's you could still have the winner get a chance at a World Championship at Survivor Series, but use Bragging Rights as a way to build the Survivor Series Main Event.

The second option is to do away with Survivor Series and put King of the Ring in its place. The traditional 5 vs 5 match has become a joke. They usually just create a face team and a heel team. No one with any storylines going. So if for tradition you can keep the Survivor Series title, but call it Survivor Series King of the Ring. Either way have the winner of the tournament get a title match at the Royal Rumble or TLC/Armaggedon.

I really like KOTR because it allows someone who isn't a main eventer to get the opportunity to challenge for a World Title. By winning KOTR they will have techniqually headlined a PPV and if you have them challenge for a world title they will be able to headline one of the big 4 PPV's. I think KOTR would draw for the spontaneousness of the PPV, you don't know who is going to win. They could put some stars in the brackets to help make it seem bigger aka give it some prestige.

WWE Please bring back KOTR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back