Themed PPVs

So, since the PG era began, WWE has gotten rid of some of the badass PPV's(namewise anyway) like Judgement Day, Backlash, No Mercy, Armageddon, and many other, and have replaced them with themed pay-per-views. Many have ranted and raved, but some have enjoyed the concepts. Honestly, not all of them were bad. My question to you is, what is your favorite gimmick PPV? If there was one gimmick themed PPV a year and you chose which one, what would it be?

I have to go with Breaking Point from 2009. A submission themed ppv...how awesome is that?! It was unique and pretty good. I wish they hadn't scrapped that idea. Maybe I just love submission wrestling, but to me, that was the only good themed ppv that they had.

Discuss.

1) After thinking about it, I was originally going to say Elimination Chamber but I go with Extreme Rules. I think seeing different hardcore stips each match is more my flavour than seeing two of the same match on a PPV. And every year it's predictable as to who is going to win the Elimination Chambers & it's becoming a less destructive match every year.

2) Well I would love to see either King Of The Ring or Cyber Sunday return. One night tournament PPV's are always exciting, they're unpredictable as to who is going to win. I hate TNA but I think Against All Odds last year was a damn good PPV because of the tournament and neither did I expect Pope to win but it was certainly better than who I had in mind to win. Cyber Sunday even though sometimes was rigged was a bit predictable too, I like the concept of people voting for matches, out of the two I want to see King Of The Ring return more. But if you want a new PPV, I would say bring back Halloween Havoc in October despite it having no real theme but it's better than most of what we have now. Or I would say have a Championship Scramble PPV. Along with the Unsactioned match between Jericho & Shawn, the CS matches were what made the PPV good, I'm a fan of the concept of the title being traded around until there is an official winner at the end of the time limit. Even if the winner of the match is predictable, seeing the title on a guy who you wouldn't expect to win the belt before he loses it to the guy you knew was going to win the match right from the start still is exciting to me.

3) I was gonna say Hell in a Cell but that match has been so cheapened now, it can never get back on it's feet again. Elimination Chamber is the new Hell in a Cell, I see the Hell in a Cell PPV as just a normal cage match PPV now. I would say Over The Limit, nobody really understands the concept. Is it a I Quit match PPV and if so, why only I Quit match? Or is it gonna be like an I Quit match PPV one year, Ironman match the next? Either way it kinda sucks to be honest.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back