Start the Countdown to Bring Austin Aries Home!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Aries previously signed a three-year deal with the company in 2016, and if he had quit on his own, the WWE might’ve held him to that deal and Aries would not have been able to wrestle again until early 2019. As previous reports had indicated, Aries was unhappy backstage, and he was also upset that his WrestleMania pre-show match with Neville was not included on the DVD/Blu-ray release. As a result, neither wrestler received royalties from it. Additionally, Aries had heat backstage, and a lot of people, the writing team included, did not like him.

Aries currently has a standard 90-day non-compete clause, and he’s set to receive his downside during that period. He will still be allowed to work independent shows during that period that WWE gives approval for. In early October, he will be eligible to wrestle elsewhere, including NJPW or GFW.

https://411mania.com/wrestling/more...ckstage-and-aries-anger-over-a-royalty-issue/

--

Aries has a tenured history with whatever this company is called these days, and frankly, he'd be a shot in the arm to the main event where he's always must-see-TV. Given the time frame, this wouldn't likely happen in time for Bound For Glory (depending on when it's actually scheduled this year — it was October 2nd last year), but it could probably occur at the TV taping immediately following it.

Why would he go back to a company that treated him like dog shit and still is in a constant state of flux?

He's better off working the Indies for a few months and then go to Japan.

Until GFIW consistently shows good business sense and that they can treat their talent well it's just not worth the risk.

I have no idea what he's really like backstage, if he's difficult to work with, etc. But just based on his career, he deserves better than to go back there.

I've wished nothing but success for TNA/Impact/GFW for the last 15 years, but outside of incredible luck, and a horror-movie-like ability to not die, they haven't shown anything that would make me want to work for them as a talent. All the stories of late pay, barely able to keep a TV deal, the public mudslinging with the Hardys, etc. It all paints a picture of a company I wouldn't want to work for.

Meanwhile, NJPW seems to be absolutely killing it. So I think that seems like a better fit.

The only thing no one is talking about... His fiancé, Thea Trinidad, was recently signed to WWE. So having to work Japan while she's in NXT would kinda suck for his personal life.

I think an indie headline tour or Japan will be the likely scenario. He was mishandled in WWE, there really isn't any other way to slice it. His attitude may have helped make it easier to let him go, but it's that attitude that leads me to believe he won't head to any old promotions. He wasn't on good terms with ROH when he left, and his time with TNA was mostly the story of him not being utilized to the fullest. He probably resents that and I don't see him heading back there unless Jarrett makes big promises.

Personally, I love Aries. While NJPW seems like an interesting option, I don't see him going there given the travel and chances are he'd get slotted at a halfway point again there.

GFW seems like the most viable option if he wants to continue wrestling on a televised potential and it would be a massive shot given how weirdly dry the main event scene is, it's all about what Jarrett and the boys promise him. GFW does book with The Crash and NOAH regularly now so it might be Aries' most appealing choice. Guess we'll have to see in 3 months.

X-Division would benefit a lot from someone as credible as Austin Aries. An actual star who can go on the mic as well as in the ring. Who can make X-Division interesting and intriguing before eventually doing the same in main event scene. A win-win situation for both sides if it actually happens.

Why would he go back to a company that treated him like dog shit and still is in a constant state of flux?

He's better off working the Indies for a few months and then go to Japan.

Until GFIW consistently shows good business sense and that they can treat their talent well it's just not worth the risk.

You do realize that GFW/IW was where he made a name for himself. They had him start the whole Option C, and won the World Title. Not to mention he had a good run with Bobby Rhoode as The Dirty Heels. It was only his last year did he get taken down a notch.

i think it will depend on how Jarrett feel about him. Aries did the exact same thing to Jarrett during his first TNA run that he did in wwe. The guy while talented has quite the ego. From what have heard from some wrestling and wrestling personalities that worked with him in the past, the personna he plays on tv is as close to the real austin aries as you can get. He got release from TNA(the first time),ROH and WWE because of his backstage attitude, so again it all depends on Jarrett if he see Aries as an valuable asset for TNA/GFW or not because if Jarrett doesn'T want to work with him, i doubt that Anthem will even considered hiring him.

He might be welcome back to Impact/GFW with Dixie now gone. He might also be welcomed back to ROH, and him getting exposure there and in New Japan could revitalize him. Truth be told, I could see him being added into the Bullet Club; but then again, they're doing just fine with what they currently have. But I'd still lean towards him going to ROH than GFW.

Honestly, why not both? Go the Cody route and just book stints independently before signing a longer-term exclusive deal (if he signs one at all).

Honestly, why not both? Go the Cody route and just book stints independently before signing a longer-term exclusive deal (if he signs one at all).

I could see this working. I said in another thread that I like Aries, but when you compare him to some of the other indie names that WWE signed a while back he didn't feel as big a name. If you give him limited dates and use him as a special attraction type deal, he could be very good in getting other talent over. By no means is he bad, he is in fact quite good, but you limit the chance of over exposure if you limit his appearances. Plus, a guy who only shows up a handful of times usually feels like a big deal. Just don't put the belt on him ala Brock Lesnar.

I'm curious though, if he does go to TNA/GFW, how do you book his return? Everyone is in agreement that WWE wasted him, but surely they don't go the route of a lot of WWE cast offs and have them "shoot" on WWE in their return promo. I feel like you have to address him leaving the company for greener pastures, but you can't just have him tear down WWE because I don't think that has ever worked.

You do realize that GFW/IW was where he made a name for himself. They had him start the whole Option C, and won the World Title. Not to mention he had a good run with Bobby Rhoode as The Dirty Heels. It was only his last year did he get taken down a notch.

No, that's where he made his name to you. Many other people remember him as the guy who ended Samoa Joe's 645 day-long ROH Championship reign.

Global Force Gold Presents GFW Impact An Anthem Property is probably the most likely landing spot for Aries though; if he ends up having a landing spot. He's got some burned bridges over in ROH, and while the management has turned over somewhat..... yeah. Aries in ROH is a possibility, and there's gaps in their roster that Aries could fill.... but I just don't see it being the most likely option. Meanwhile, GFGPGFWIAAP is in pretty desperate need of performers who can connect back to TNA's more halcyon days to bring in their lapsed viewers, and Aries is remembered fondly by that lapsed TNA audience.

If Aries doesn't decide to hang up his boots and go into selling cars or some shit, "being on the indies" is only a viable option for a year or two; after that, he basically becomes Justin Credible and starts selling autographs for a ride to the hotel and a bowl pack. He'll need some form of exposure to the wider wrestling fan base, which GFGPGFWIAAP can provide. When it comes to two sides getting their needs met through a negotiation, GFGPGFWIAAP and Aries seems to make the most sense.

No, that's where he made his name to you. Many other people remember him as the guy who ended Samoa Joe's 645 day-long ROH Championship reign.

Global Force Gold Presents GFW Impact An Anthem Property is probably the most likely landing spot for Aries though; if he ends up having a landing spot. He's got some burned bridges over in ROH, and while the management has turned over somewhat..... yeah. Aries in ROH is a possibility, and there's gaps in their roster that Aries could fill.... but I just don't see it being the most likely option. Meanwhile, GFGPGFWIAAP is in pretty desperate need of performers who can connect back to TNA's more halcyon days to bring in their lapsed viewers, and Aries is remembered fondly by that lapsed TNA audience.

If Aries doesn't decide to hang up his boots and go into selling cars or some shit, "being on the indies" is only a viable option for a year or two; after that, he basically becomes Justin Credible and starts selling autographs for a ride to the hotel and a bowl pack. He'll need some form of exposure to the wider wrestling fan base, which GFGPGFWIAAP can provide. When it comes to two sides getting their needs met through a negotiation, GFGPGFWIAAP and Aries seems to make the most sense.

That line was true and totally funny even if it was meant to be a serious comment.

I like Aries, and his Brain Buster is really impressive when he hits it. If he signs with GFW, where would he fit in? Back in the X-Division which would be like him feeling stuck in WWE's 205 Live? This is speculation of course, but if I was Aries, I would reach out too all parties to see where to go. ROH might push him to the top of their card as it is needed. GFW has a full main event scene which needs refreshing to be honest. If he does go to GFW, it would help gain viewers, but I do not see GFW ever passing 500K and I am a supporter of the company. I think Aries needs to figure it out because he can be very entertaining to watch. I mean after all, he is The Greatest Man to Ever Live!

Aries has accomplished everything he could have at Impact, he's also feuded with almost everyone that's on there roster, there is no need for him to go back.

Does GFW need Aries? I think the X-Division has that bit more depth, in Low-Ki & Sonjay Dutt they now have a couple of veterans that will elevate new names. I don't see room for Aries unless he does commentary with the odd match now and again.

At this moment in time, NJPW seems to be a better fit for him.

I love Austin Aries, but let's face it the guy isn't getting any younger. If his girlfriend just signed with the WWE and will be on NXT, then the perfect fit would be for him to sign a short term contract with TNA. That way they would both be in Florida, and won't TNA give him the option of doing indy work as well if he wants.

Also with the crap surrounding Alberto Del Rio, which quite honestly seems to be never ending, then this might be the time to approach Jarrett and company as they need someone who's well known if Del Rio does go down the tubes. There is also an added benefit of using Aries on commentary, which I think he's quite good at.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back