• A WWE Championship Match with Styles and Nakamura

• A WWE US Championship Match with Roode and Orton

• A non title match against Randy Orton

• A multiman US Title Ladder Match

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

roipdh123

Getting Noticed By Management
Hey everyone, yesterday I looked at the forums and there is a great thread about predicting realistic WM 34 cards.
And then it got me thinking - what the hell is WWE going to do with Dolph Ziggler at WrestleMania 34?
Now, personally I really don't care, and hope he is just at the Andre The Giant Battle Royal, having a nice showing, before Rusev wins the thing, but in terms of storyline reasons and consistency purposes - he must have something more than that at WrestleMania 34.

Now I really don't know what they can do with him. If they decide that the US Title is going to be the multi-man ladder match, then sure he can be thrown there. The only idea I have for him in singles action is to have him square off with Randy Orton, which will be a nice feud, and give Orton his WrestleMania win (if they must give him it after the contract negotiations with him, as if he is facing Roode, I don't think he will be winning).

So - What do you think the WWE will do with Dolph Ziggler come WrestleMania 34? And what do you think they should do with him?

Put him in the WWE title match. Nakamura is not able to have a good singles feud,
Ziggler vs Styles vs Nakamura would be a lot better for the story. Styles vs Nakamura can happen at a PPV after WM.

At this point in his career, the best he can hope for is a surprise midcard title win at 'Mania like Zack Ryder got a couple years ago. There's nowhere else for Ziggler to go in WWE, so his new 2 year deal is most likely going to be more of the same midcard jobbing he's been doing the last few years. Giving him a midcard singles title run, even a short one, raises his value just enough to have him put over new people.

If WWE wanted to do an entertaining feud match for 'Mania, they could set up Elias vs. Ziggler. I think those two could have some entertaining trash talk segments with eachother.

Gosh I hope Rusev wins the Andre the Battle Royal. What a great moment that will be at Mania.

Know that's not relevant to the topic but still would be great.

Put him in the WWE title match. Nakamura is not able to have a good singles feud,
Ziggler vs Styles vs Nakamura would be a lot better for the story. Styles vs Nakamura can happen at a PPV after WM.

The biggest match for both Styles and Nakamura happen at a B ppv... idiot

Ziggler has done nothing in the past two years other than dragging the likes of Rusev, Roode and Nakamura down to his level which is a step above Ellsworth. Ziggler can't tell a story for shit.

Well... it's Dolph Ziggler's year anyway, as statistics indicate:

2010: near 5-star match with Daniel Bryan
2012: feud with Y2J and hot rise
2014: Big Survivor Series moment
2016: match with The Miz
2018: ???

Those aren't statistics.

He makes up the numbers in a US title match, possibly with a ladder stipulation, alongside Mahal, Corbin, Roode, Rusev, whoever.

Personally I dont care either way. When Ziggler lost the title (Due to injury) after cashing in MITB against Del Rio, it seemed like all the hype was gone. He hasnt been entertaining for years. His match quality hasnt gone down but he is just very boring. Now dont get me wrong, the guy can sell in a match. But it has gotten to the point where he sells too much. And that brings his stock down IMO.

The best thing for Ziggler would be an all new package. Have him get a bodyguard/manager who can sell Ziggler during promos. I would love to see him bring in some buff chick who helps him get heat by cheating in matches (Example: HHH/Chyna) When he had AJ Lee and Big E, it was entertaining. Matches were solid and he didnt have to rely on standalone promos. Thats the Ziggler I want to see.

As for WM match, I would hate to see him in the Main Event with Styles/Nakamura and to think that is a great idea is just plain MORONIC. The Battle Royal makes sense but that needs to be a Rusev win. In the words of the late great fashion designer Jacobim Mugatu: "That Rusev is so hot right now"

The best thing for Ziggler is to gain momentum slowly and build him up. He doesnt need a title shot until maybe around Summer Slam. It needs to be a slow build to get more credibility. Cause just throwing him back in our faces will just make us reject him even more than we already do.

I think given more hope for Ziggler than most do nowadays, but after that anti-climatic return at the Rumble, I don’t see how he makes his way to the top again. Ziggler is the definition of 50/50 booking, by to mention he has been overexposed for a long time now. He needed more than 1 month off for him to have any momentum to be in a major math at Mania (or any other PPV). He’s in the WWE title match this week but what else do you expect at this stage.

I really can’t see him being in any other match at Mania other than a multi man ladder match for a US title. Let him to a few spots, over sell a few spots and that’s all that should be required at this stage of Zigglers career.

It would be nice if they found something meaningful for Ziggler to do at Mania. He definitely deserves to have a Wrestlemania moment other then a multi person tag or a filler for the ladder match. However what do you do with him on the Smackdown side of things? AJ vs Nakumara seems to be a lock at this point. He has already had feud with Roode so I don't see him in the US title picture. Plus he quit and vacated the US Title so why would he all the sudden want win it back. Perhaps they could continue Dolphs heel persona and they could maybe build towards Shane McMahon vs Dolph Ziggler at Mania. That would give him some spotlight on the big stage and they will give time to build a program between the two.

At this point, does anybody still cares about dolph ziggler as a top guy? I don't, the guy is a great hand but that's about it so I feel like they shouldn't really give him anything of importance at mania. Have him either be in the battle royal or put him and a match we're he can put over a younger talent and give them their mania moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back