Should WWE Bring Back "The Monster Match?"

logan_punisher

The-SLiM_Punisher
Really should wwe bring back the monster match? I think they should,because that was the best match i have ever seen! There was Big Daddy V, The Big Show, The Great Khali, Umaga, Kane,The Undertaker. That was a big match. Please comment on this because me and my brother are competing on how many views and comments we can get so please help me! :lol:

when have they ever gotten rid of a match like this? u still see big guys fight every now and then. and how was that the best match u every seen and when was it ever referred to as a monster match? big deal 2 big guys fighting doesnt always mean a good match.

Wasn't that a feud last summer, Big Show Vs Mark Henry? Honestly, these matches happen all the time, and they really are not that interesting, because most of the monsters move way to slow. If you want to see good matches of this vein, I just watched Bundy vs Andre, or Andre vs Hogan, the IWGP wan was much faster paced. Also check out any match with Bam Bam Bigelow, the most agile Bigman of them all.

Personally, I'm not a fan of monster matches. I understand it was a big deal back in the day, and for kids it seems surreal. Monster matches would work if both monsters were perceived to be unbeatable, like the old Godzilla movies from the 60s. But it's tough to build up a monster like Andre, 15 year undefeated streaks don't happen all the time. Big Show, Kane and Khali are all present day monsters, but nobody wants to see any of them in a match because we see them as beatable. If a monster were to come out and face a successful monster, like Mark Henry, then that would be worth watching, but other than that, its a tough sell.

Maybe whenever Lesnar wrestles, he could be a "monster," again. I'm assuming he's going to just keep squashing wrestlers. It'll prolly be Alex Riley, Sin Cara, Evan Bourne, Goldust, Jinder Mahal, Tyson Kidd, and probably Zack Ryder. He'll pretty much do what Brodus Clay is doing right now.

Acutally, I think a good person to wrestle Lesnar would be Brodus Clay, or possibly Jack Swagger. Swagger could say how he's an All American-American and tell Brock that he was a better wrestler than him, blah blah blah.

Well, they could do something involving Brock Lesnar (or guys like Big Show, Kane, Khali, Mark Henry), Brodus Clay, and Lord Tensi, that I would consider the closest thing today to a Monsters Match that we haven't already seen (well, I think we've seen Lord Tensi as A-Train vs the likes of Big Show, Taker, Kane, Mark Henry before, could be wrong)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back