Should the WWE bring the Hardcore Championship back?

i say either bring it back or make the ecw champoinship defended under hardcore rules like someone else said above me. ECW isn't even ecw anymore, add these rules to the title and you might just liven up whats going on in that brand. But if the hardcore title was brought back then I think bringing it back under the 24/7 rule would be awesome. I loved having a title that I knew could change anytime anywhere.

stuff making the ecw title hardcore rules in the match (the ecw title should stand on its own!)
bring back the hardcore title because it was the best title going out there. u could see a hardcore match anywhere and at anytime and thats wat made it so great. also, you didnt have anyone carrying the title for long periods of time and there were alot of great matches over it and every night their was a hardcore match that was totally random. also, look at all the kool matches there have been
how funny was the undertaker, big show and raven match. KANE RAN OVER BIG SHOW
i was laughing my a$$ off :)

it would be a slap in the face to the old ecw, but i htink the hardcore title would be great on ecw. least then u get hardcore matches all the time lol. but ecw would need a bigger roster 1st. o and ecw does need a 2nd title if not hardcore then maybe tv title lol.

Shouldn't the ECW Championship be like the Hardcore Championship, as Extreme kind of means Hardcore anyway?

your definelely right. WWE would be more poplular fan base if the Hardcore title was brought back. I have always wondered why the WWE would retire the most popular title in the industry? The WWE should bvring the Hardcore Title back.

I remember 2 great hardcore matches, and even tho they were hardcore they had still a lot of technical ability in it.

RVD vs Taker Vengance
WM 17 Triple Threat Raven vs Kane vs Big Show

the hardcore title was the worst title in the wwe, hardcore rules is a good gimmick match but not all the time it becomes a pain in the ass, i would rather eat my own butt cheecks then watch another 24/7 rule hardcore match!! if you want to bring back a credible title bring back the european championship, at least that title had standards

I personaly think that the Hardcore title has no place in wwe it was just a title for guys to hold if they had nothing better to do, it used to have high calibre talent holding it like mankind, Taker, Kane and RVD but then just random guys would win it and it frequently changed hands.

24/7 rule sucked so bad because i remember a guy got pinned while he was sleeping.

They need to bring back the ECW television title and make that the second title on ecw after it expands the roster so that there is some kind of mid card on ECW and not just 2 feuds and everyone else jobbing! either that or get the Tag belt in so that new tag talent can feud for a tag belt with a mix of experienced tags and new tags fighting, the World tag team championship should be the top belt for tags and WWE should be for not new but not top tags to feud for.

The european title was the lowest title in the WWE it was held as a low card title or just a replacement for intercontinental championship, but seeing as we have the US title then no need for the european title.

The hardcore title had great PPV matches but it kinda sucked after a while, if they brought it back it would have to be a tri brand thing as i dont see how it could work on one show.

Arnt Edge and Mick Foley co champions now or something.

YES bring the Hardcore title back and put it in ECW. I miss the old ECW and now it's not worth watching because they got rid of extreme rules which completely took the point out of the name EXTREME Championship Wrestling....BRING IT BACK

i wouldnt mind seeing the hardcore title return as long as the 24/7 rule was removed..lol while great to watch it just got to be bullshit seeing the way people were winning it and who was winning it..i cant recall what it is or where it is but that fucking title changed hands within 5 minutes between more than 6 people i believe...i think it would be a good idea to bring it back..i think it would be a good idea to keep it only on ecw..ecw is still a growing brand and is not as high up there as smackdown and raw so why not return it to ecw..i really dont see how much hurt it could bring to the brand...

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! and keep the 24/7 rule i loved it. three new champions every night. should be brought back on raw mick foley champion successfully defend it against umaga. then after the match santino marrella attacks him with a chair and wins the title (thats the only title marrella deserves)

HELL YES!!!!!!!!!!! and keep the 24/7 rule i loved it. three new champions every night. should be brought back on raw mick foley champion successfully defend it against umaga. then after the match santino marrella attacks him with a chair and wins the title (thats the only title marrella deserves)

seriously?, the title was not legit even maven held it, the title had some high teer champs but alot of people didnt desrve to win it

yeah they should bring the title back even though the title is a dud but i think ecw needs another title anyway even though this ecw isnt as hardcore as they say they are but at least elijah burke, tommy dreamer would have another title to hold while they dont have the ecw title, i also think they should take the cruiserweight title off smackdown and put it on ecw, so that ecw would have 3 titles and smackdown can have the returning european title, they need the euorpean title because there are loads of brits now in wwe, william regal even though he is on raw but he's held before, finlay should be the first holder of the returning title and then theres paul burchill, dave taylor, drew mcintyre and the highlanders but they will never win the title but there are other people on smackdown that can win it, americans have held the title before, mvp should also win the title at one point, so there you go 4 titles for each brand raw has got the wwe, ic, world tag team and womens titles, smackdown has got the world, us, wwe tag team and european titles, ecw has got the ecw, hardcore, cruiserweight and a new ecw tag team titles which they should make and they should add more tag teams to the ecw roster for this, so in the process, ecw gains more superstars, the cruiserweight division like jamie noble, jimmy wang yang, shannon moore and others, chavo gurrerro is the only cruiserweight that should stay on smackdown and the ecw tag team division can get tag teams from ovw and make teams up from wrestlers that are already on the brand

i thort wen they brort bak ECW that it wud meen sum type of regular hardcore match regime but alas after maybe 2months of no disqualification type matches they reverted rite bak to regular wrestling proving the WWE cant help but b bland... IMO they shud bring it bak to revive a bit of fun in the programming but odds r it wil never ever hapen

While it was an interesting idea it was probably the worst idea in the world.

You have a belt that changes hands at least three times in a damn day.How are they supposed to establish anything meaningful with the title if they can't even have a match that isn't interfered with like a bagillion poeple.There was about two or three good matches with the title and other than that the matches were crap 5 minute things that happened backstage.

Bringing it back would do nothing for the ratings it wouldn't solve any problems and it would become useless within weeks.

I loved it and the 24/7 rule. Especially when Crash won it and had Patterson and Brisco going after him. Straight comedy. I could care less about the wrestling, lets think about this for a moment. Hardcore Championship. Keyword: Hardcore. What is technical about hardcore? I don't think it was ever meant to be a prestiges title nor should it be. I thought it was a funny thing though.

I loved it and the 24/7 rule. Especially when Crash won it and had Patterson and Brisco going after him. Straight comedy. I could care less about the wrestling, lets think about this for a moment. Hardcore Championship. Keyword: Hardcore. What is technical about hardcore? I don't think it was ever meant to be a prestiges title nor should it be. I thought it was a funny thing though.

Thats true but since it is the Hardcore Championship shouldn't it have been hardcore?

It certainly wasn't. The title served no purpose except to take up some times. Nowadays the title wouldn't be worth anything. So why bring it back?

Thats my point. If it would be worth something and would actually be more serious than comedic I would be all for it.

i thort wen they brort bak ECW that it wud meen sum type of regular hardcore match regime but alas after maybe 2months of no disqualification type matches they reverted rite bak to regular wrestling proving the WWE cant help but b bland... IMO they shud bring it bak to revive a bit of fun in the programming but odds r it wil never ever hapen

This is where alot of IWC ECW fans get it wrong about the brand, ECW had a hardcore element to it, but it wasnt all the time, they where about great storylines and main event matches with guys that had more wrestling appeal rather then the sports entertainment of wcw and wwe, it was an alternative to other brands, it a shame everyone sees it as hardcore all the time, you keep doing that and you aint gonna have a future in regards to the world of wrestling just ask anyone who competed in the old ecw

Thats true but since it is the Hardcore The title served no purpose except to take up some times. Nowadays the title wouldn't be worth anything. So why bring it back?

Thats my point. If it would be worth something and would actually be more serious than comedic I would be all for it.

Same can be said about the IC and World titles? a crowd member and Khali held it? LOL thats comedic and just disgraces the title a whole lot.

Same can be said about the IC and World titles? a crowd member and Khali held it? LOL thats comedic and just disgraces the title a whole lot.

Santino wasn't just a crowd member. He was a hugggge monster heel in the developmental areas. Sure he doesn't have any talent, but it wasn't meant as a comedic thing.

Khali, is a different story. Sure it was a disgrace having Khali as world champ but it wasn't meant to be comedic.

Yet they serve a purpose. It may not seem like it but they do. The hardcore championship was nothing more than a time filler.

saying that ECW isnt supposed to b bout hardcore matches jus seems weird to me considerin it is called Extreme Championship Wrestling.. thats jus my opinion tho lik i may b rong... rely tho bout the hardcore titlle i think there was no better moment than in the title match between matt and jeff hardy and jefff did a running missile dropkick with the trash can lid on matt's hed... AWSOME

I agree with deo. ECW... should just be hardcore matches...or if it's not hardcore, at least matches that are very involved more than just basic moves that make crowds silent. I believe that they should bring an aerial style wrestler into ECW..or a risk taker...like a Jeff Hardy. Just something interesting.

Originally when WWE relaunched ECW it was my hope that the belt to use would indeed be the hardcore belt; personally, like some others, I would love to see the 24/7 rule in effect as well.

Boy did they miss the ship there!

The first time I heard an ECW match was going to be 'normal' and not hardcore, I knew I wasn't going to be interested too...I've since stopped recording ECW as such. What's the point of it? It isn't unique.

whatever happened to the WWE attitude days. when Stone cold was out and about chugging beer and givign out the bird. when the hardcore belt was a serious and coveted belt. now it seems like WWE doesnt think its a prestigious title to bring back, more less a waste of time. i hope they do someday eventually.

whatever happened to the WWE attitude days. when Stone cold was out and about chugging beer and givign out the bird. when the hardcore belt was a serious and coveted belt. now it seems like WWE doesnt think its a prestigious title to bring back, more less a waste of time. i hope they do someday eventually.

the problem is that those days are long behind us, the wwe was losing alot of money and needed to do something drastic to get to the demographic that wcw wasnt getting, so they catered to males 17 to 35 and made the switch to a more hardcore and raunchier show and stopped treated wrestling marks as dumb kids, but as soon as that herdle was passed the wwe attitude era died they need a new break out star to relaunch the company and sadly that isnt gonna happen anytime soon, btw im still saying the hardcore belt shouldnt be used, it was mostly and undercard title and is worthless, just let the belt die and leave it to rest

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back