Should Someone Retire Rey?

I think if Rey is going to retire he should have one last title run. Kinda like how Edge left. He wins the title and on the next RAW he says that he wants to retire. That way Rey leaves as champ and the title is up for grabs.

I agree with those who have said it should be another luchador who retires him, that is only proper and it should only go that way if it is what Rey wants. I think above all what Rey wants is what should be. If he wants to hand pick the person who he has his last series of matches with, so be it. I've always given him a lot of hell for being the "ultimate underdog" and beating so many opponents that I felt he should never have beaten, and holding the WHC when I felt he should be nowhere near it. However, I do respect him quite a great deal, I WAS a HUGE fan years ago and still feel that in me at times, and I think it would only be right to let someone like him who has given so much to professional wrestling decide how he ends his career.

I will go as far as to say that I don't think he should lose on his way out the way most do. I think he should just barely win his last match and the story your telling in the ring be part of the real life story, that his body is breaking down, he's losing a step, he's not the young man he once was, the spirit is willing but the body is not, and have him take everything he's got to win this last big match after a dozen near falls, taking a lot of damage, and once again overcoming a seemingly insurmountable set of odds. That after all, is the Rey Mysterio story.

I personally rey shouldnt be taken out by a young heel. he needs to go out with a bang challenge undertaker streak vs career even though its been done. He is to big of a face to be taken out in a backstage area or something. Have him win the title then lose it then put is career on the line something like that would be perfect for him.

By voluntarily taking off his mask on tv Rey already lost a lot of respect with the lucha community. On top of that he has said his only major career regret is the way he allowed himself to be unmasked in the WCW. I doubt his mask will be a stipulation

I think he should go out in one of two ways
1) Give him one last run like Edge and let him go out with the strap. With mounting injuries its a pretty similar situation.
2) Have another guy with lucha roots or a guy with a quick pace like Punk retire him after one last match. The guy doesn't even have to be a face, he could be a heel but they give him a face turn in a show of respect to Rey post match

I think Rey has done too much for the WWE to be used to get a up and coming heel over. Mysterio is one of the top faces of the WWE and has been for the last few years. I don't think someone who is loved and adored by the WWE like Rey is doesn't deserve the going away that former stars like John Morrison had.

I can see your point, you want to use Rey's charisma to help raise the status of heel that can really use it like Drew Mcintyre or Swagger. But quite frankly it just wouldn't be fair to Rey to be burned out like that. After all, look at past guys like Shawn Michaels, and Edge. Sure they had a huge feud with somebody before they retired. But in no way shape or form did Undertaker "retire" Shawn Michaels and Del Rio did not "retire" Edge. Give Mysterio one last feud with a heel. The heel can win but not go out and rip Mysterio's arm off or something crazy like that. Then let Mysterio have his 15 minutes to thank the WWE Universe and walk out with his head held high.

Defiantly drew mcyntyre

- He needs a push
-This could elevate him as someone could confrunt him about ending reys career
- his sinister gimmick suits this as he can brag well on the mic with his accent
- its about time one of the most talented superstars in the wwe gets the push he deserves

100% agree.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back