Rey Mysterio & RAW=Vinegar & Oil

CM Steel

A REAL American
Rey Mysterio is currently a RAW superstar. This is his third time around on the RAW brand. The first time was for one night only tribute match to the late great Eddie Guerrero who pasted away a day earlier against Shawn Michaels, in where Rey Mysterio won with a on point 6-1-9 on HBK.

The second time around was when Rey was drafted over to RAW from 2008-09. That was a rough year for the WWE career of Rey Mysterio. Him getting beat down week in and week out by the likes of Kane and Mike Knox. The only real big thing that Rey Mysterio did that time on the RAW brand was win the IC championship for the first time, at a Wrestlemania breaking a record with time in a match which had the shortest time, and retiring JBL (lol).

This third time around looks like more of the same...

Rey Mysterio has lost two PPV matches in a row since being drafted to RAW from Smackdown. And now with the Money in the Bank PPV up next. What will this mean for Rey Mysterio? Will he be in the MITB match it's self? Or will he finally win a single's match as a RAW superstar? But from what we've seen in time. Rey Mysterio and RAW go together like Vinegar & oil. They just don't mix. Put him back on Smackdown. He's the backbone of the brand, mainly more than ever now that Edge is retired, and so as the Undertaker.

So yeah, Rey Mysterio is SMACKDOWN!

Couldn't agree with you more. Mysterio should've stayed on Smackdown! He could've helped Sin Cara make the transition. I guess WWE didn't want Cara and Mysterio on the same brand. They'll probably end up letting them face off too early I guess. They're trying to push Sin Cara as the next Rey Mysterio.

But overall, Rey should've stayed. He could have been the one feuding with Barrett and not Jackson. No offense to Jackson but Mysterio is a bigger draw. He'll for sure be the #2 face too. Since the main event scene is filled with Orton, Christian, and Sheamus, or Mark Henry, I'd have Mysterio drop to the upper midcard status.

Yeah I gotta agree with you guys on this one. Theirs no place for rey on raw I mean theirs no one really for him to fued with now except truth but it's pretty obvious truths gonna fued with morrison when he returns and he's already been in programs with punk and del rio and ziggler. I would love to see him have a program with morrison, he had one of the best matches i've seen against morrison. But as already stated he should be the number two face on sd.

yea but the matches hes had with cm punk and the one with r truth...

best matches frm raw iv seen in a while

theres no denying tht his matches and cm punks matches r the best matches the wwe has put up in a long time.

if he were on smackdown. he cudnt have had those type of matches with anyone. especially not barrett. honestly i thnk theres a cena vs mysterio feud coming as well because those two r abt the only two ppl in the wwe who havent really had a feud or match except tht one of smackdown years ago

Tell me you meant water and oil, right? Vinegar and oil mix all the time, I had a salad with it last night.

That said, I'm into it. I haven't been this excited about Mysterio (granted I'm only still a little excited about him) in a long time. The Punk matches have been great, last nights triple threat was one of the best matches we've gotten on tv in a long time, and I can imagine a pretty neat feud with Dolph Ziggler.

Couldn't agree more. I thought they should have stuck Del Rio and Sin Cara on Raw and Kept Rey on SD! I know they put Sin Cara on SD cause it's not live but then you have a top heel and rising face of latin decent on RAW to draw in the latin-american crowd and you still have your top mexican-american face on SD, itd be perfect. and theres so many heels for sin cara to work on, on RAW.
And to reiterate your point rey just gets squashed and lost in the shuffle on RAW. SD is lacking SO much right now, they could use Rey so much better.

Christ, what is it with the mysterio fetish on this site? Never been a really big fan of his, and I'm more annoyed that he (and the WWE for that matter) have him still wearinmg his mask. Hello, you lost the mask, that means in the tradition of Lucha, you don't wear another one (unless your Rudo and its part of an angle.)

Tell me you meant water and oil, right? Vinegar and oil mix all the time, I had a salad with it last night.

Lulz.

I hate to admit it, but it does some like it was rather fruitless to move Rey Rey over to Raw. He hasn't been in any real feud other than these little nothing programs with Truth and Punk. They just don't seem to have anything for him but he's too big a name to just leave off the show entirely, so in turn they find little lame ways to get him on PPV. His matches have been pretty awesome for the most part though, so at least that is working out.

I do think they should have left him on Smackdown. He hasn't really feuded with any of the top heels on Smackdown (Sheamus, Christian) and he could have worked extremely well with Sin Cara as well, though they might be putting that off until they can cash in a little bigger on it. Hindsight is 20/20 though. Maybe they thought they could do something with him on Raw and it just didn't pan out that way.

Honestly, I don't see how it could be so hard. I mean shit, you have a few guys that aren't doing anything that could really use a break. Guys like Reks, McIntyre, Swagger, or even JTG are all just sitting around with their thumbs in their asses. Put one of them in a feud with Rey and see if they can make something of themselves. It sure beats the hell out of what they're doing now.

- Rey Mysterio is the RIGHT person for RAW at the moment. RAW needs someone to replace Randy Orton as the #2 face on RAW, and he is the man for the job. He is also one of the Superstars that will not see his stock drop even if he loses more than he wins. He can make any match with any Superstar a great match. He is on RAW basically to put guys over ...

I am a sick person who hates Rey Mysterio. I love to watch him get beaten. It makes me very happy to see Mysterio in pain and to see him get pinned. Mysterio is such an overrated superstar. So I like to see him have a bad year. I agree, he does belong on Smackdown. Mysterio IS Smackdown just like The Undertaker and Edge seemed to be over the past few years.

I'll be honest, I personally feel like Rey should either quit soon while still being a Main Event worthy wrestler, or be slowly buried in middcard, which I believe is bound to happen if he stays on RAW for too long.

Ranting about why I kinda of dislike Rey currently:
I know he has tons of fans, and I used to really like watching his matches... but for a while now, he seems to be getting stale.
Personally, I'd like for him to get more non-619 wins. It's getting really, really repetitive how all his opponents all fall for the same traps, all the time (noticed how wrestlers rarely, if ever, get in that 619-potential-target-position against other wrestlers?). Rey breaks my "suspension of disbelief" way too much.

The best use for him right now (besides selling merchandising), is to help job new wrestler up to Main Event material. People like Ziggler, Drew, Swagger, Gabriel and a few others could benefit greatly from a feud with Mysterio, especially if they come out victorious (when was the last time that a Heel came out as the clear winner at the end of a feud anyway?). And Rey losing to a (possibly cheating) heel would generate tons of heat, since he's still a favorite among many, even if he's in middcard.

I agree Rey needed to stay on Smack Down. You always hear people talk about Smack Down reaching the hispanic demographic, yet they move their two biggest hispanic stars to Raw. Rey also fits that SyFy demographic as well. I know Raw is lacking faces but yet so is Smack Down so it really wouldn't matter. I'm fine with Big Show or Alex Riley being the #2 face on Raw or maybe even turning a mid- card heel face and building them.

I think the only reason why Rey was moved to Raw was because of Sin Cara. And that makes sense. Two masked luchadors on the same show wouldn't really work, and Sin Cara needed Smackdown (a taped show) more than Mysterio. Plus, if the plan is to have Mysterio vs. Sin Cara at WrestleMania 28, you want to keep them separate to increase he anticipation. So yeah, it does make sense.

On Raw, Mysterio has done his job and done it well. He's there to be a versatile upper-midcard face, put over other Superstars and have great matches. So far, he's performed this task perfectly. The current face/heel ratio is a bit out of whack on Raw, so Mysterio on Raw is necessary. Sure, Smackdown is in need of a main event face at the moment, but Raw is heel heavy too.

People like Ziggler, Drew, Swagger, Gabriel and a few others could benefit greatly from a feud with Mysterio, especially if they come out victorious (when was the last time that a Heel came out as the clear winner at the end of a feud anyway?). And Rey losing to a (possibly cheating) heel would generate tons of heat, since he's still a favorite among many, even if he's in middcard.

Both R-Truth and CM Punk, on the last twon PPV's against Rey, in fact. Both of them got clean wins against Mysterio at that, and looked good in the process. Anyways.....

Im going to take to a slightly different angle then the others. Righty now, Rey Mysterio is being used as a way to elevate other superstars, and what better way for him to do so then on the flagship show? Rey is firmly cemented as the #2 face on the Raw brand, and him being there has already allowed for Truth and Punk to be elevated by getting PPV wins over him. The great thing about the situation with Rey is that he's like Teflon, in that he can get beat, and isn't in danger of losing his spot, or looking weaker in the process. Even an injury or time off for Cena would allow Rey to easily slide into the #1 face role, and credibly so.

I don't know where Rey is in terms of longevity, but I think the Raw brand is the perfect place for him to be right now, and maybe finish his career. Sure, hes had some of his best matches on Smackdown and was World Champion twice there, but what more can he do on the brand? Who there can he really elevate? Rey is at the point where he's essentially a placeholder in that in beating the #2 babyface, you generally get to the #1 spot. In the meantime, his opponents are getting a chance to shine because in the ring, few can make a wrestler look good the way Rey Mysterio can.

One of the big reasons Rey was moved to Raw was Sin Cara, and understandably so. You don't need two wrestlers with essentially the same gimmick on the same show, and Rey doesn't need the editing Cara does, nor does he need to cut his teeth learning the WWE style. Smackdown is the place to do that, so swapping Rey for Cara there was another reason Rey to Raw is a good thing.

Raw right now is the perfect place for Rey. On either show, he's going to play second fiddle to either Randy Orton or John Cena. The big question I ask is, "Which show benefits more from having Rey Mysterio?" And for me, that answer is Raw. Smackdown is set when it comes to heels, there aren't any that need to get over and pushed to main event status by getting the rub from Rey. Raw is a different story. Truth and Punk both got rubs already on Raw by feuding with Mysterio, and there are other heels such as Del Rio and Miz that can also do the same. I know some of the feuds aren't fresh, but others very well could be.(Truth, Miz) For some, stepping into a program with Rey isn't a regression, it's a way of getting over further. And with Raw being light on main event faces that look credible to face John Cena, Rey is the perfect gatekeeper, so to speak. If one can get through Rey, they look far more credible heading into a feud with Cena. The main event picture on Smackdown is pretty set, Raw is the revolving door. Who better to safeguard said door then Rey? He belongs on Raw.

Both R-Truth and CM Punk, on the last twon PPV's against Rey, in fact. Both of them got clean wins against Mysterio at that, and looked good in the process. Anyways.....
Oh, my bad. I haven't watched the last few PPVs. I stand corrected then.
But yeah, this means they are using Rey like I thought they would - as a very reliable stepping stone for heels.

Rey has been a part of SD for quite some time, so it's interesting that he leaves now for Raw. As stated earlier, with Sin Cara going to SD, it would be an over loading of masked luchadores there. Randy Orton being chosen as the champ, and therefore the face of SD, Sin Cara being used to get the Hispanic audience (or to see if he can get that audience) , a push for Jackson and some possible face turns in the future, it would've been hard to really hard to keep Rey relevant on SD. Add to that, most of the roster there on SD might not have been viewed as ready for Raw.

What Raw needed was some one who could help transition the heels they have on Raw to the main event as credible challengers for John Cena. Rey has helped that cause with his matches against Punk and Truth. He's still popular if they want to they can test the waters with him as a champ there.

I think it would be rather stupid for them just to have him as the one on the losing end of all the rivalries he has on Raw.

Its becuase cena is on RAW and cena over shadows any other face on RAW why do you think theres never any main event face on RAW besides orton. Because cena ovr shadows them all and sends the new main event faces to the mid cards the only people who survived cena face on RAW are those who where main event palyers before cena became the face of the company.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back