Should Dolph Ziggler Get A Title Reign?

Rated-CMS

Dark Match Jobber
I say that Ziggler should get a title..wtf he is a good wrestlers and has a awesome look...i just look at him and see a champion...so what do you guys think...when will Ziggler get a title...and if you don't think he will then why not?

I think he will get the IC title fairly soon. In my opinion, he definitely deserves it. On the other hand, they could keep playing up the fact that he hasn't won a belt yet, and they could keep it interesting for a while by having him come close over and over again, and then they could throw in an angle where he cheats to win, but the ref realizes it afterwards and while he's celebrating with his first ever championship the ref reverses the decision within seconds of him holding it.

I have a strong feeling the IC title will be his very soon, and I mean VERY soon, if some of you know what I'm getting at*Wink Wink*

He certainly deserves it, He has improved a lot over the past year and I think he would make a believable Intercontinental champion.

Undoubtedly, Ziggler is close to an IC championship, but i do not feel like he deserves it. The guy has no mic skills whatsoever. He is, if not worse, just as bad as Bobby Lashley or Eli Cottonwood( I laugh but then I feel bad). I remember he was once to cut a promo on himself (late 2009), and all he said was, "Im Dolph Ziggler, and I am better than you people!"....that was all he said...Even if that was almost a year ago, I do not see any improvement on his mic skills. He is a descent wrestler and can pull off really good matches, but what good of a champion will he be if he is verbally challenged?!

Well firstly, nice blunt title there.

Secondly, it was announced on tonight's Smackdown! broadcast that due to Ziggler's DQ win over Kingston, he has now gained an Intercontinental Championship next week, so surely his chance must be sooner rather than later. How many times can they have him lose Intercontinental Title matches?

Even if that was almost a year ago, I do not see any improvement on his mic skills. He is a descent wrestler and can pull off really good matches, but what good of a champion will he be if he is verbally challenged?!

That's why the WWE have seemingly paired Vickie up with him. Her mic skills are incredible (a strange statement, I know, but she gains true heat simply by opening her mouth). I mean you're asking what sort of champion Ziggler could be without mic skills? In recent years Umaga held that championship and he didn't speak any American-English in promo's during that time. Hell, even Khali was world champion. Vickie pairing with Ziggler is no different than Ranjin with Khali or Estrada with Umaga. The lack of mic skills are compensated for by a pairing with someone who has them.

But all in all I think he will be intercontinental champion soon simply because he's earned it. My reason for this is whether you're a fan of Ziggler or not, you can't fault him for being dedicated to the company when he's lost IC shot after IC shot. Even when Morrison gained the title after Rey's suspension when Ziggler seemed primed for it, and he still lost title matches to JoMo.

I found it hard to answer this topic due to the vagueness of the OP, has to be said.

I have a strong feeling the IC title will be his very soon, and I mean VERY soon, if some of you know what I'm getting at*Wink Wink*

He certainly deserves it, He has improved a lot over the past year and I think he would make a believable Intercontinental champion.

I know what you mean.

Anyway after his DQ win over Kofi he is getting a IC shot next week so he could win it as soon as then. He definitely deserves it based on his in ring skills, he also has good mic skills and draws decent heat so he definitely deserves it.

Dolph has perfectly fine mic skills when he's actually allowed to showcase them. He was gold during the segment where he first decided to align with Vickie, and he cut a damn good promo about his "Dolphins" at one of the house shows I attended. Hell, he's a better talker than Kingston.

Anyway, the IC title should definitely be Ziggler's in the very near future. It should have been his last year, but that's neither here nor there. I'm hoping he goes over Kingston next week and then retains in a rematch at Summerslam. I'd also like him to drop Vickie relatively soon, as he doesn't need her to get heat if they start pushing him again like they did in '09. And let him talk more! Either way, after a year of being lost in the shuffle, the Kingston feud is a step in the right direction. Hopefully it's the beginning of Ziggler's ascension to the top.

Im a fan of Ziggler's. I agree that he has a great amount of potential and should be considered a serious contender for titles, at least the IC.

His mic work isn't amazing, but to be honest, they're arent any Flairs or mick foleys walking the halls of the E much lately anyway.

After seeing his match with Kofi tonight, I was rather impressed by them both, but more so Ziggler. Hes gotten better and better in ring and I cant see that changing any time soon.

The addition of Vickie Guerrero (Whom I find attractive, no matter what people say) is a great thing for him. Vickie is pretty damn good on the mic considering, and she gets genuine heat. And it helps get him over without the in ring.

Is he a future world champ, honestly, I doubt it, but I find him a great potential.

I have to say, if Ziggler was IC Champion and Miz as both the US Champion and Mr. MITB I would be very happy with it. Kofi is a great wrestler but personally Miz and Dolph have been among my absolute favorites in the past few years. I am surprised Ziggler hasn't held a title yet(Ziggler the character, obviously he held Tag Gold as part of the Spirit Squad). But as Dolph Ziggler he, as everyone knows, has had little success.

However, I see him being a major player in the future if he works as hard as he seems to. Either way he should definitely get an IC Title reign.

He should win the title already. I believe he has a good character and he has the wrestling ability to back it up. Now that he is with Vickie it's only a matter a time before he does become the intercontinental champion. WWE wouldn't pair the two of them together if they didn't have plans for Ziggler to be champion.

Planty said:
Vickie pairing with Ziggler is no different than Ranjin with Khali or Estrada with Umaga. The lack of mic skills are compensated for by a pairing with someone who has them.

Vickie getting paired with Ziggler is different. Both Umaga and Khali did not speak English. Ziggler, on the other hand does speak English. A better example of your point would have been Bobby Lashley, but as we all know, he was overrated. Now let me ask you this....Do you consider the Great Khali or Umaga to have been a credible champion? Khali is a joke; Umaga (RIP) was eventually released. Put bluntly, they didnt make it far. Now as for your second sentence i quoted. That is a fair assesment. But dont you think Ziggler could be a much more credible champion if he could talk the talk on his own instead of having someone else to talk for him?

Dolph Ziggler is a good wrestler. He has potential. But if he cannot learn to "walk on his own two feet" he will NOT make it very far.

Someone mentioned that he has no mic skills. Come to think of it thats true, however Dolph is something else. When I see Dolph Ziggler I see him exploding with talent, and the passion and desire he has for winning the Intercontinental Championship and all these things (for me) overrule the fact that he doesnt have mic skills

If he does need to talk he does have Vickie to do it for him. She might not have the most luring voice but people pay attention when she speaks.

Dolph Ziggler cannot be screwed out of the Intercontinental Championship any longer. I hope that creative have realised that they have a born champion and one of the most talented wrestlers on Smackdown and guess what hes hungry for some gold. I say give it to him!

i am a HUGE dolph ziggler fan literally IM HUMUNGOUS and im a fan of dolph ziggler and and and i am seeing him atleast getting the IC title by the end of the fiscal year (the wwe year ends at wrestlemania) i dunno i hope that the powers that be are behind Ziggler it seems like they are as they keep teasin us with a IC title but he always comes up short and he improves week in and week out he hella reminds me of mr perfect and dean malenko (to me dean malenko ooozed personality and charisma only he ooozed it through his moves not his promo arrogance like dolph does) but dolph has the technical mat skills to be the new technician of the wwe i think i cant wait to see some kaval vs dolph ziggler or danielson vs ziggler if he decides to come back has anyone seen the dark match that was on youtube for like a week between him and regal it was a real technical mat mat matty match anywho im done tell me your thoughts ya'll

i honestly think hes crap in the ring i get bored with his matches easily and like him more when he 1st came to the wwe when he use to say "im dolph ziggler" to everyone just to piss them off. i know that wwe has intentions for him because he gets a massive heat attention.

wait, 1st the miz? now ziggler?

i just cant understand the fans on the forum. i regularly read around wrestling forums online and i cant find one with a general consensus that thinks the miz is anywhere near awesome. same goes for ziggler.

in dolph's case, there is just so many things wrong with him, i don't even know where to begin. his mic skills are ehhh, his general stance is hard to accept as a heel, its really more built for a face. his in ring ability is sub par (but improved over what he was). he was put with vickie because they had nothing else for either of them. hes stuck in a fued with kofi that to me, does nothing for him even if he does win the ic title or not.

i think if he doesn't walk away with the title from kofi, he should be repackaged completely. maybe the new mr. perfect? neon green tights, spitting chewing gum, perfect plex and all.

Zigglers come a long way since his days as a male cheerleader, he now has a great look and isn't too bad on the mic. With Vickie Guerrero as his manager I think that he could get into the upper midcard on Smackdown pretty quickly and the Intercontinental title is without a doubt in his future. All this guy needs is a better finisher, even though I think he locks in a pretty good sleeper hold. Give the guy something that hasn't been used in a while or come up with an innovative neckbreaker or DDT that looks devastating and I think that the crowd would either get behind him or he could garner some decent-great heel heat.

I'd say it's about time they gave him another chance to gain the championship. It was awful that they didn't give him in the first run, he had every potential of running with it back then. Now he just seems more credible to do it again, so that's a great thing.

I can only hope that he does come out the victor in this match. He could do wonders as a champion, and it can only benefit Ziggler in the future. Especially around Vickie. He could become a serious force in the mid-card. So if he does win the championship, I sure as hell hope that WWE books him properly as a strong heel champion.

I have a strong feeling that the next IC champ will be Dolph Ziggler he deserves it after all. He has quite good wrestling ability and has the look of an ic champ (not quite world champ yet :L) But yeah he should be a champ already.

Well firstly, nice blunt title there.

Secondly, it was announced on tonight's Smackdown! broadcast that due to Ziggler's DQ win over Kingston, he has now gained an Intercontinental Championship next week, so surely his chance must be sooner rather than later. How many times can they have him lose Intercontinental Title matches?

That's why the WWE have seemingly paired Vickie up with him. Her mic skills are incredible (a strange statement, I know, but she gains true heat simply by opening her mouth). I mean you're asking what sort of champion Ziggler could be without mic skills? In recent years Umaga held that championship and he didn't speak any American-English in promo's during that time. Hell, even Khali was world champion. Vickie pairing with Ziggler is no different than Ranjin with Khali or Estrada with Umaga. The lack of mic skills are compensated for by a pairing with someone who has them.

But all in all I think he will be intercontinental champion soon simply because he's earned it. My reason for this is whether you're a fan of Ziggler or not, you can't fault him for being dedicated to the company when he's lost IC shot after IC shot. Even when Morrison gained the title after Rey's suspension when Ziggler seemed primed for it, and he still lost title matches to JoMo.

I found it hard to answer this topic due to the vagueness of the OP, has to be said.

Great point, Umainga had Estrada, the big waste i mean Khali has Ranjin and all he says on the mic is "dey dey dey", so the mic obviously isn't that important. Ziggler has a ic title look about him he'll definitely win it, it's just a matter of time!

I am going to be thrilled if Ziggler wins the IC belt, whether it's next week or at Summer Slam. Not sure why they'd book the match on TV unless something will happen that leads up to the PPV, though.

Ziggler's in-ring style has certain elements of Hennig that I love to see, as well as some great technical mat ability that shows off his background. I also adore that he's gone back to basics by employing the sleeper, a classic hold that has been used by so many greats over the years. Forget power bombs and innovative neck-breakers. It's nice to see this, or Masters with the full nelson, using traditional holds as legitimate threats, reminding people why they're there.

As for the delay of his title run, I don't remember the date of the infraction, but I believe he violated the wellness policy at some point, which might explain why he randomly lost all momentum. There's also the Rey angle, but I don't really buy that. Anyway, if he wins next week/this month/soon, great. He's had it coming for a long time.

Ziggler has great potential and he has a great heat magnet in Vickie buy his side. The IC Title in his future is just about inevitable at this point. He has the look, the build and the in ring skills. He has a good finisher with the sleeper as it is different, and he can be a solidable midcarder for years to come.

There is no doubt in my mind that Mr. Ziggles will be the next Intercontinental Champion. Mic skills or not, he CAN wrestle and he's good at it. I think it's great that he has realistically brought back an old favorite and made it a finishing manuever, and it seems to be getting him somewhere. I don't know when it's going to happen, but anytime within the next month, Dolph Ziggler will be the IC Champion.

Dolph Ziggler should win the IC title from Kofi Kingston this Friday. If he loses yet another Intercontinental title match, that will make him look terrible. While trying to win the IC title last year, Dolph lost a series of matches to Rey Mysterio and to John Morrison. He can't possibly blow his chance again, but then again we were all thinking that during his feuds with John and Rey. Dolph deserves to hold the IC Title.

Dolph has lost so many IC title matches. I hope at Night Of Champions, he finally pulls it off. Just in the past year alone he's lost what...7 plus title matches between Rey and Kofi and whoever in between. It's time. He's great in the ring, he's got a good look. Yes he needs to polish on the stick, but it's not all that bad. It's time to take a chance with him with the title.

I believe Dolph Ziggler is gonna be the next intercontinental champion very soon;). He should've took it from Rey mysterio a long time ago but for some reason the wwe put that on hold and gave it to morrison.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back