Shocky Discusses SD LD

Honestly I think Punk is a poor man's Jericho. Both ramble on and on with the same promos every week but at Jericho produces better matches. Other than Hardy, what great matches has Punk had in the past year?

If you say Morrison, you're not going to make me acknowledge that Morrison is good although Punk's best matches have come against him three years ago. Hopefully he doesn't go into a post-Wrestlemania slump like he does every year.

Best segment of the year. Punk is a god.

ditto. i watched that at about 3am last night and thought to myself: punk is godly. that segment was awesome.

is it me or this is the first year in a very long time that wwe is properly hyping up every single match on their card through promos and such? it seems like in the past they just picked 2 guys to be in a match and had them attack each other every week and that was it.

If only he can translate that into his matches, then we might actually have something.

The fuck are you smoking, Punk is easily one of the best in the ring the WWE has right now.

The fuck are you smoking, Punk is easily one of the best in the ring the WWE has right now.

Except that he's not. Where are his great matches post-Hardy? His ones with Undertaker sucked and hopefully his one with Mysterio won't. If Mysterio can't get a good match of you, then you're in trouble.

Except that he's not. Where are his great matches post-Hardy? His ones with Undertaker sucked and hopefully his one with Mysterio won't. If Mysterio can't get a good match of you, then you're in trouble.

Yeah, you're either just trolling or you've seen a grand total of maybe three CM Punk matches. That or you're just a moron. His matches with Hardy were HARDLY his best work. Where are his great matches? I don't know, do you fucking watch TV? He had a damn good match with Mysterio a few weeks ago on Smackdown, he had great matches over the summer with Mysterio, Ziggler, Morrison, and Hardy, before that he even dragged good matches out of fucking Umaga of all people. And that's just talking about 2009, not even touching on the best years of his career.

And seriously, how the fuck are you going to blame his shitty matches against Undertaker on him? The first match was less than 10 minutes and was overbooked to death, and the second match was a glorified 10 minute squash match.

Now GTFO.

Yeah, you're either just trolling or you've seen a grand total of maybe three CM Punk matches. That or you're just a moron. His matches with Hardy were HARDLY his best work. Where are his great matches? I don't know, do you fucking watch TV? He had a damn good match with Mysterio a few weeks ago on Smackdown, he had great matches over the summer with Mysterio, Ziggler, Morrison, and Hardy, before that he even dragged good matches out of fucking Umaga of all people. And that's just talking about 2009, not even touching on the best years of his career.

And seriously, how the fuck are you going to blame his shitty matches against Undertaker on him? The first match was less than 10 minutes and was overbooked to death, and the second match was a glorified 10 minute squash match.

Now GTFO.

Those Mysterio and Ziggler matches were good but not great and Morrison can always get a great match out of Punk and has been doing it for years.
I didn't blame his Undertaker matches on him. The Undertaker doesn't put out consistent good matches anymore so it goes both ways.

What were the best years of the career and I don't watch ROH so I'm strictly talking about WWE? Was it in 2007 when he had that one week heel turn and forgettable ECW title reign? How about in 2008 when he won MITB and kept losing after that until he won the world title and had a failed title reign?

I'm pretty much thinking 2009 was his best WWE year and even that was underwhelming. Did nothing for the first half of the year besides win MITB. I'll give him credit for turning heel because he was boring as a face. Gives one of the greatest promos at Night of Champions and then goes and loses. His message is good because he had Hardy as his focus. Since then, it's just not the same. I'm hoping he and Mysterio have a great match but if I'm picking a match that will be the biggest disappointment, it'll either be this one or Edge vs. Jericho.

Now I will GTFO. I'll get back to you when Punk has his post-Wrestlemania slump. :)

If you've never seen his ROH work, then you need to stop talking. That's like shitting on Nirvana without ever having heard Nevermind, it's beyond ******ed.

So just because I've never seen him in ROH, I can't talk about him in the WWE which he has been in for the past four years? I've been talking about his WWE career this whole time but I guess I have been banned from talking about him now because I haven't seen him in ROH.

I'll go to sleep worrying about that one.

I guess I can't talk about the Undertaker anymore because I've never seen him in WCW.

So just because I've never seen him in ROH, I can't talk about him in the WWE which he has been in for the past four years? I've been talking about his WWE career this whole time but I guess I have been banned from talking about him now because I haven't seen him in ROH.

You can't talk shit about someone if you've never seen their best work. Pretty simple logic here.

Or, you know, just watch any of his WWE run in which he's consistently put on excellent wrestling matches.

I'll go to sleep worrying about that one.

You should.

I guess I can't talk about the Undertaker anymore because I've never seen him in WCW.

Because everyone's always talking about how Taker's best work was in WCW, right? :rolleyes:

Don't be a fucking idiot.

If they ran a John Cena getting trapped in a tanning booth angle prior to NXT, could they have gotten past a week before we realized it's Darren Young?

I'm not a fan of Punk's ROH work. I am, however, a big fan of his WWE work. He's about 50% of the reason I still bother watching wrestling. I don't think a title feud with Edge after WrestleMania is out of the question.

And to think I was all, "He shouldn't turn heel because he can't compete with Jericho and Edge." Pfft, you suck, past Sam.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back