Sheamus- Moved to Raw way too early.

Did they just move Shemus to Raw without any real build? Wasn't he just in the midst of a feud with Shelton Benjiman? Didn't this turn Shelton face and wasn't the crowd hot for this last week when Sheamus was attacked?

This is what's wrong with WWE.

WAY too fucking early to move him to Raw. He'll be buried and shipped off somewhere else in a matter of months, or be a jobber at least. I expected him to win the ECW title and then go to Smackdown later and have a feud/start a team with Finlay...very disappointed.

Good job WWE, this is why you're getting negativity.

Who is he going to feud with? There are WAY too many faces on Raw. Will we have to suffer through him beating up Primo for 3 weeks until someone becomes available?

Seperately they said "Free Agent aquisition"...how? This is just blatant moving of talent because someone is hot. Hell they could've caused a free agent situation for a few weeks on ECW before this...have a story behind it.

This could help him I like sheamus he should feud with Lower talent and move up. He would be better for smackdown though. But i wouldn't be surprise if he suddently becomes number 1 contender.

This move was ridiculous. Shaemus had a hot feud with Shelton Benjamin. What's he going to do on RAW? Look at the ECW talent that's come to RAW lately. Jack Swagger and Evan Bourne. What have the two of them done? Diddly squat. If Swagger hasn't done anything worthwhile, and he was a good ECW champion in my opinion, Shaemus is definitely going to fade away.

I just read an interview with HHH (Paul) on another site where he said he works out with Sheamus and they are very close. AKA now you know why he is on RAW!

I just read an interview with HHH (Paul) on another site where he said he works out with Sheamus and they are very close. AKA now you know why he is on RAW!

Link?

Anyhow, it would make sense, as Sheamus is built very similar to HHH. Hopefully, they don't share attitudes as well...

I don't see the problem with this. Now that he is on Raw, he can do exactly what Umaga did: Squash people slowly, and slowly, and slowly in this order: Jamie Noble, get him again next week, then Primo, and Santino can job, then he can have a mini feud with Bourne (since Bourne never, and shouldnt go over), put Sheamus over and by that point in a time, hopefully a face will be the US champion, and if thats the case, then they can have a 2 month feud that ends with Sheamus taking the title and creating controversey (since he is not American so to speak). Maybe he can rename it the Championship of Ireland, or the Celtic Championship maybe. And from there, theres not way he gets buried unless he pulls a TBK. Those are my thoughts on the situation, take it for what its worth.

Here's the link to the interview:

http://www.pwpix.net/superstars/t/tripleh/

Finally, are you mentoring any WWE wrestler in particular? And in who, do you see the most of the young Triple H?

The closest to me is probably Sheamus, because we always train together on the road. But I try to watch all the young guys' matches and give them advice, if they want to hear it. If they take advice to heart and really want to improve, them I am wanting to help. As for seeing some of myself in someone? Thats tough. Sheamus just the other day showed up at a show he didn't have to be at. He does whatever he's asked to do without complaining, he goes to every show and is always wanting to work: he does it all, goes above and beyond. That's what I was like.

I'm ticked they didn't allow Sheamus to develop more on ECW as well. Especially when he had a good feud with Shelton brewing. How many times is the E gonna screw over Shelton? Also, why put him on Raw, when he isn't quite ready and won't be utilized right?

The only good I see in this is that they might initiate the New Superstar Initiative on ECW again. CAN ANYONE SAY, AMERICAN DRAGON?!?!?!

Finally, are you mentoring any WWE wrestler in particular? And in who, do you see the most of the young Triple H?

The closest to me is probably Sheamus, because we always train together on the road. But I try to watch all the young guys' matches and give them advice, if they want to hear it. If they take advice to heart and really want to improve, them I am wanting to help. As for seeing some of myself in someone? Thats tough. Sheamus just the other day showed up at a show he didn't have to be at. He does whatever he's asked to do without complaining, he goes to every show and is always wanting to work: he does it all, goes above and beyond. That's what I was like.

Thats nice to hear, even though HHH's ego is a MILE long. Kind of makes sense really as musch as i hate to say it. Sheamus is not American. The other guy who I heard HHH is very much into is Drew McIntyre, who IMO reminds me a ton of Jean-Paul Levesque. And again, not American. Its sad to say, but I'm glad to see that Sheamus probably won't get buried as I am a growing fan of his.

I'm not a fan of it, because as much as Sheamus is a good wrestler, he's still very uncomfortable on the mic. He also just debuted not too long ago, and was in the midst of his very first feud, a very good one with Shelton Benjamin, and the WWE pulled the plug on it. I think Sheamus should have at the very least been able to finish the feud. He also should have been on ECW a little longer as he continued to grow as a wrestler.

Now he goes to Raw, which is a momentum killer for someone coming from ECW. Look no further than what happened to Bourne and Swagger. Bourne has sporadically appeared on Raw, being a bit player up until tonight when he went over The Miz and landed the SSP on Big Show, and Swagger has been mired as a midcarder for awhile now. Earlier this year, he had a lot of momentum, winning the ECW Title.

I really hope Sheamus doesn't get mired into the Bermuda Triangle of Raw's midcard. At least he has HHH's support. Let's see how far that takes him.

This surprised me, to say the least. I got kind of excited when the initial Sheamus promo, but thought that we might have a few weeks of those. You know, time to get RAW viewers (who don't necessarily watch or have any clue what is going on with ECW) to recognize Sheamus and be ready for him...and then, it was ruined with the words RAW Debut Tonight! on my TV screen. Come on, WWE! You used to make us wait weeks and months for guys! Even just two weeks of intro vignettes would have helped. Instead, nope! Here he is, enjoy! Didn't sound to me like he was getting much reaction live, and lord knows I wasn't particularly interested. I know he was gonna win, but at least give him someone who has, you know, been on TV sometime in the last six months!

All in all, I'm kind of glad to see a new guy on RAW...but at the same time, I feel like WWE had dropped the ball with Sheamus...and now, they're gonna watch it bounce harmlessly away.

HHH's approval is a fast track to the top. Its the equivalent of marrying the boss' daughter. We all know who the king of that is, now don't we? He'll squash people for a while, build his mic skills and get a premature push and fizzle. He doesn't have the look to make it on Raw. He'll be sent to Smackdown in the next draft and become a star over there.

I GUARANTEE IT!

I'd love to see a Drew McIntyre/Sheamus/Finlay/Paul Birchall stable, btw.

Come on, WWE! You used to make us wait weeks and months for guys!

Mhm. For what its worth, we waited 6 weeks for Carlito, 6 weeks for R-Truth, a month for Muhammed Hassan, 3 weeks for Cryme Tyme, 3 weeks for CM Punk, a total of 2 months for the Miz in his separate debuts, and it took Ted DiBiase a month to step into the ring. So yes, that is a very good point. But at the same time, they did exactly what they should have done with him tonight, a squash victory, nothing special, so I do commend them for that.

I'd love to see a Drew McIntyre/Sheamus/Finlay/Paul Birchall stable, btw.
Agreed. And HHH's approval can go a LONG way. Drew McIntyre is on a magic carpet ride to the main event on a very competitive Smackdown brand, so the same could bve for Sheamus on Raw.

I don't watch a lot of ECW, but they've decided to move Sheamaus to Raw. Seems like a unique lad. Very pale, big, and has a definite Irish look about him. That being said, this seems a bit premature to move someone like him to the main roster. Who could he possibly feud with? What role will he play until he's able to find a feud?

Reactions: X
glad they made the move. i hope to see him feud with the game and cena. he will prob be wwe champion by the end of 2010. out of all the big men wwe has brought in (koslov, jackson, recks, escobar) he deserves it the most and is actually good in the ring

big mistake by wwe

he'll end up being the mike knox of RAW, a big guy jobbing to the upper mid-card & main event stars (except without the beard of course lol)

I'm fine with him showing up on Raw, as long as he starts at the bottom, and works his way on up. No fast track to the top. And it appears they did just that, by having him wrestle Jamie Noble.

I'm beginning to have faith that WWE is finally getting its ass back in gear with developing talent all across the board, and gradually rising them to the top, as opposed to rushing them to the top.

You are forgetting that if guys like Miz, Swagger, Dibiase, Kingston, and others are to be promoted ... then other talent needs to take their place in the Lower and Midcards and go through the same process.

Being that a lot of guys are in the process of being developed at the moment, I am really not sure what all the fuss is about.

They actually seem to be planning ahead. This is the kind of stuff you should be encouraging, not berating.

So if this is a trade who has gone the otherway. Im thinking we are getting what we want for once Carlito is ECW. *fingers crossed*

I have to say that at the current moment it may have not been the correct move to make since Sheamus has been working a good feud with Shelton Benjamin in which he has helped the crowd actually give a shit about Shelton other than his in-ring skills for the past God knows how long. Sheamus has been doing a hell of a job in making a rivalry on ECW that does not involve anything to do with the ECW Title and making it work with the fans on both sides.

In all honestly, having him take over the spots on RAW for those mid/lowercard guys moving up and develop him on the main roster at the bottom is a wise decision. From reports, he has been doing a good job in getting himself noticed and respected in the locker room. I am interested to see where they take Sheamus on RAW and see how his character plays out. Again, they should have at least given him around a month or so build for him to appear on RAW whilst remaining on ECW to finish his feud with Benjamin... then move to RAW.

I wonder if someone has been switched with Sheamus or if its like a freebie to RAW? Whatever happens, let's hope Sheamus has a good run and not get "lost in the shuffle" as the phrase being thrown aroun these days.

Maybe, just maybe....

They have moved sheamus to raw to develop him with some bigger mid-card talent if that makes sense, mostly because he isn't quite ready for ecw title time yet (not at Christian standard yet so to speak). BUT this does leave shelton free for a shot at title maybe?? or do a tommy dreamer and team with christian against regal's international muscle. Shelton deserves something more right now, not necessarily sheamus. But this then benefits both parties.

I like Sheamus getting a shot at the "big time", but feel it's more than a little rushed. He was just starting to get promo time on ECW, and his feud with Shelton is still unsettled. Just last week Shelton came out and attacked him, and now he's gone. I wonder if/how they'll try to explain that move.

He'l not bad on the mic for as simple as his character is, and his great to watch in the ring. He's very straight-forward with his power, and you can see that the moves he uses really hurt. I'm not sure what kind of feud they could ser up for him, but at least he'll get some time on a bigger show.

Fair play to Sheamus for making it to the 'A Show' so soon but I reckon its a little too soon for him. He was developing nicely on ECW, probably the best out of the Talent Inititive newcomers, having a good feud with Shelton and carving out his own identity. I think his move to Raw will just get him lost in the shuffle of the mid card. Jack Swagger was doing well on ECW and has had his momentum stalled since moving, Bourne was the business there too and is just pretty much a jobber now. The thing about Sheamus' move that I'm worried the most about is now he's on the same show as Hornswaggle..bound to link up and really kill his career

I was quite surprised to Sheamus on RAW last night. The more I think about it, though, I'm guessing Christian is going to drop the title very soon to either Regal or Shelton, either way, those 2 will become the main event on ECW for the next 3 months or so, since I'm sure Kozlov and Jackson will be soon following Sheamus to RAW, or both going back to SD. I think Christian will be headed for SD very soon, as well.

Perhaps, though, instead of sending someone from RAW or SD in exchange for Sheamus, we will get to see some more new talent emerge from ECW. But then agian, we may just end up with the return of Chavo tonight on ECW, but I really, really, REALLY hope we don't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back