Booking 101 with Orton/Sheamus...too predictable!

newteenforbb

Pre-Show Stalwart
This is getting way to ridiculous. WWE should try and change up the format every once in a while.

When Orton/Sheamus was announced for SummerSlam, I had high hopes that they would book an even feud and make both men look strong going into the PPV. That would lead to an unpredictable feeling as to who might actually win.

But, leave it to WWE to go the completely predictable route.

They are making Orton look super strong. They did it last week, tonight (the most recent RAW) and next week on the taped show, you could all go read the results if you want to know as not to spoil anything here.

Sure, we will still have one RAW left on the 9th before the PPV but it doesn't take a genius to figure out how WWE is booking this. Orton will continuously look good on RAW and then everyone OTHER than the IWC will think Orton is winning and Sheamus will win clean.

I just wish they changed up the method. :banghead:

It's a bit early to say that's exactly what's going to happen really. The problem I see is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Who cares if the IWC thinks that Sheamus will come out on top? It's the huge fanbase that's not on the internet geeking it up everyday that the WWE is trying to fool. So really it's not a bad thing that this fued is being booked the way it is. A tip, don't over think everything and just sit back and enjoy the show.

It's a bit early to say that's exactly what's going to happen really. The problem I see is "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" Who cares if the IWC thinks that Sheamus will come out on top? It's the huge fanbase that's not on the internet geeking it up everyday that the WWE is trying to fool. So really it's not a bad thing that this fued is being booked the way it is. A tip, don't over think everything and just sit back and enjoy the show.

I see what you mean for sure. The IWC represents a very small portion of the fans and most fans will go into the PPV thinking exactly what I said in the first post. I just get heated when I think about how obvious it is and how many times it has been done in the exact same fashion. I do need to try and enjoy the show though and stop thinking about the consequences of booking. It is easier said than done. :lmao:

You may think it's going that way, but WWE could make it go completely different. Orton could win. But I think WWE will throw us a curveball. I think Miz will cash in MitB before Summerfest (woops, SummerSlam :lmao: ) and we will see Miz - Orton for the WWE title. I don't know why I think it, I just do

I'm actually expecting an Orton victory.

I don't see the Nexus storyline ending at Summerslam and with that their feud with Cena. This will be a good way of getting Cena away from the title scene for perhaps the remainder of the year. So Cena's usual role will now fall to Orton as the lead face to wear the title. The momentum Orton is getting at the moment is very typical of a babyface in that position. Cena does it. HHH has done it, as have The Rock and Stone Cold and all other babyfaces since the Monthly PPV era began.

Another thing to consider is that Wade Barrett still has his guaranteed title shot waiting to be used and it'd be a far more interesting feud between a heel and a face. I personally don't see Sheamus turning face anytime soon and he is likely to feud with HHH when he comes back from injury and I'd prefer that to be about the grudge match rather than the title so Orton to be the champion throughout the rest of the year seems a pretty reasonable option right now.

I do get what you're saying, the predictability is there and it always will be, just like it always has been and if this was Night of Champions or The Bash I'd accept the inevitability but it's Summerslam and Summerslam's aren't always 100% predictable.

You may think it's going that way, but WWE could make it go completely different. Orton could win. But I think WWE will throw us a curveball. I think Miz will cash in MitB before Summerfest (woops, SummerSlam :lmao: ) and we will see Miz - Orton for the WWE title. I don't know why I think it, I just do

Nah, whoever wins (and I think it'll be Orton this time around), Miz will try to cash in his MITB, but he'll f**k up and be on the receiving end of an RKO or a swift kick to the head for his troubles.

I have to say I believe Orton is being booked to look too strong. However I have a different perspective on this. I think it looks more obvoius that Orton will win at Summerslam. Orton is being built to look unstoppable and it doesn't make sense to have him lose cleanly.I have to agree with CJ. With Cena taking on Nexus Orton is he perfect man to fill his role. Another thing I would like to bring up is Hunter's eventual return. Even though reports have him returning later than sooner I still believe it will play a role. If Orton wins at Summerslam his fued with Sheamus will likely continue for another ppv or two and by the end of that card it's likely will see Triple H's return. The timing looks perfect to me to have Orton win the title.

I think Orton should win the title, maybe having HHH cost Sheamus the match. Cena turning heel won't happen at Summerslam cuz who cares if he teams with Nexus to beat up the likes of John Morrison, and R-Truth. I could see the Undertaker return too after Kane crushes Mysterio.

On a side note, they should build to either Cena vs. Wade Barrett for the title at Wrestlemania, or having HHH eventually come out as the mastermind of Nexus and have him face Cena at WM.

What I wanna know is why are they having the WWE championship match be Sheamus vs. Orton when they just did that at Royal Rumble! I wonder if that's ever been done before...

Orton is a huge face. Of course he's being booked to look strong. They want us to think he's competition to one of the most dominant superstars the WWE has. Everybody has been saying they hate the Rey Mysterio underdog story lately, so here's the answer.

Also, 90% of what WWE does is extremely predictable. If you watch a promo, you can basically guess what they say before they say it. It doesn't have much shock value (normally). I'm not saying it's totally predictable, but it is very easy to predict.

What I wanna know is why are they having the WWE championship match be Sheamus vs. Orton when they just did that at Royal Rumble! I wonder if that's ever been done before...

How is that any different to Cena/ Sheamus which first took place in December at Helll in a Cell. This happens all the time and has happened throughout history. It probably happens much more frequently now due to the brand split.

How is that any different to Cena/ Sheamus which first took place in December at Helll in a Cell. This happens all the time and has happened throughout history. It probably happens much more frequently now due to the brand split.
It happened at TLC and yea it will mostly be the same for now this also happened on smackdown not to long ago and it will be come more and more the same as time goes by

I actually think the miz is going to cash his mitb because didn't they report on Wrestlezone that WWE wanted both of the mitb cashed I quickly so the one at mania means more. Plus they have miz involved on the last few raws.

Edge/Cena, RR 2006
Edge/Cena, Summerslam 2006

I honestly like the booking to a degree. It's smart. Sheamus has yet to look really weak, and Orton looks amazing. If Orton loses it's not inconceivable, and if Sheamus loses it's no big because Orton is pretty much bullet proof right now.

Yea I heard that they will get the miz to cash it in during summerslam

I would rather have Orton lose clean to Sheamus than have him win his seventh title to lose it in 5 seconds to The Miz. I know Miz is loved on the net but I would really hate to see that happen.

I would rather have Orton lose clean to Sheamus than have him win his seventh title to lose it in 5 seconds to The Miz. I know Miz is loved on the net but I would really hate to see that happen.
Yea I would rather have sheamus to win to then orton lose it 5 second after winning it to lose it to the miz but I would like to see miz be the first to actually fail and be the first to lose the MITB contract match

i see that happening though i like the miz i see it happening that he will fail in his mitb cash in going to say orton in this one yea predictable booking but i got the feeling orton has this

Personally (not having looked at next weeks spoilers as I like the element of surprise!)

I can see Sheamus retaining the title and somehow The Nexus being involved.
The truce which Barrett keeps talking about Sheamus and The Nexus have will be broken and (if it still applies) Barrett will have a title shot at the next PPV.

Sheamus obviously will confront them "Oi fella, I taught we had a truce,"
Barrett wants his title shot, Sheamus gives it to him.
Build up a nice little storyline, in Sheamus in one on ones, and handicap matches with The Nexus leading up to the next PPV.

For some reason I can't see Cena's team being victorious at Summerslam.

I have a feeling that Sheamus is not going to be losing his title this quickly. He has only held onto it for two months. He has beaten John Cena twice, and they are building him up to look like a credible champion. I see someone like The Miz costing Randy Orton the match, and than trying to cash in his Money In The Bank, trying to become champion. Maybe being lucky this time around, maybe not.

One, it's been done before (see Edge/Cena, 2006), two, Orton was a heel then. You've got to look at the facts. Orton, being pushed as a major face. Sheamus, same for a heel. Why not put them at eachother so the face gains more pops, and the heel gains more heat? It's as predictable as the title match will be. They're building up Orton's steam BIG time, and by the time the PPV hits, you know there are only 2 ways it could go. One, Orton takes control, Sheamus hits a cheap move, controls most of the match, Orton fights back towards the end, does his backbreaker, does his stomp, does his Viper pose, hits the RKO, wins. Two, the same happens, except Orton doesn't hit the RKO, and Sheamus his the pump kick to put Orton out. Incase you couldn't tell, ANY WWE match is as predictable as the next. The face does well to start, gets controlled, makes a comeback, and either wins, or loses cheaply. I would rather have the RKO hit in this case and Orton becomes the new WWE Champion.

theyre gonna put the belt on Orton and hes probobly gonna hold it for a while..maybe wrestlemania 27 id like to see a orton vs cena match where cena is the heel..word life lol..on the subject of cena vs nexxus hope this thing goes on till bragging rights and we finally get war games back..be a good stage for cena to turn heel if they ever go threw with that,but they probobly wont and we eventually get another orton vs cena macth with the crown chanting "lets go cena" "cena sucks"

Miz really is the x-factor in all of this... Personally, I want to see Orton pick up the title at SS, but then what? Continue feuding with Sheamus, or start a new one with Miz? If Miz tries to cash in (& count me in the boat of those hoping he tries & fails), who's Sheamus going to feud with til HHH gets back? Aside from Nexus (who he's got that shaky truce with), there's nothing really set up for him. They can't job Evan Bourne to him every week. Maybe this will lead to a Triple Threat match between Sheamus, Orton & Miz at the September PPV?

I agree with the Miz being the x-factor and they probobly will do the whole triple threat thing it could happen at ss but Orton will win the title and feud with Miz thats a 2 ppv program easy so Sheamus vs Edge next?Edge aint really involved in a feud right now and hes on that face/heel line where it wont hurt Sheamus' credibility as a heel.basically noone is gonna cheer sheamus against Edge and it'll keep em both busy till Hunter comes back..i guess

I see Orton winning at Summerslam against Shemus.
Then I see Miz cashing it in right there against Orton.

Now, I don't know if Miz would beat Orton right there, but it will start a feud between them.

To be honest the only winner i see from this WWE title match is Randy Orton. The man is just to over and too hot for them not to put the belt on. He is one of the hottest faces going that the WWE has. Why wouldn't they put the belt on him? Now Sheamus maybe coming into his own as a heel, but Orton is the far more over competitor and i think Orton will rewarded for his popularity come SummerSlam. I really do not see Sheamus retaining the belt at all in three weeks. Also if he does, good for him as it will be a bit of surprise to me.

The booking is really showing how Randy Orton is so dominant, but isn't that the booking Orton has received basically since the crowd got behind him? He at least hits one RKO per show, now he is hitting what seems to be like three or four per show. It's just the same Orton dominance we have seen since basically the spring. Not really much of a difference when Sheamus is his opponent. But I will agree before this match happens Sheamus will need to get one over Orton to at least look like his equal when the time comes for their match. Instead of always looking like a chump when he instantly gets RKO'd. But again this booking of dominance that Orton's character has been getting, is old news and has been happening for several months now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back