Shawn Michaels - One offs?

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
Sorry if this has been done, but i cant find one.

Before ANYONE says it, this is thinking creatively. This might happen, but Shawn has said he won't come out of retirement... With that in mind...

What if Shawn just came back every so often to Cut a promo like he did on Raw?

In my opinion... THAT WOULD BE AMAZING.

What Shawn said at the start of the Undertaker - HHH promo was iconic!!
I find him still entertaining, and even if he isn't going to wrestle, he should damn well come back to promo.

So, thoughts?

HBK has awesome mic skills. He could be prepared easily to replace Michael Cole or even Jerry Lawler when he retires. It's tough for a wrestler to make that change and actually make it work. Jesse Ventura and Jerry Lawler were both very successful at the transition. Then you have the flip side. CM Punk was a total waste. But I think HBK can make the transition. So maybe for a little while cut different promos but begin a transition to the retirement of Lawler or maybe send him over to Smackdown for a presence.

HBK has awesome mic skills. He could be prepared easily to replace Michael Cole or even Jerry Lawler when he retires. It's tough for a wrestler to make that change and actually make it work. Jesse Ventura and Jerry Lawler were both very successful at the transition. Then you have the flip side. CM Punk was a total waste. But I think HBK can make the transition. So maybe for a little while cut different promos but begin a transition to the retirement of Lawler or maybe send him over to Smackdown for a presence.

Wha... Where we watching the same show? I'm not the biggest CM Punk fan, but damn, the guy did an amazing job on commentary. He had some rough patches, but he was by far the most entertaining of the the three during his run. The dude has a quick wit and is a natural talker. He's certainly better than Booker T (mind you, that really isn't the highest bar to set).

As to HBK, I think he'll probably show up every once in a while to cut a promo or be used in some other capacity. I think it's all up to HBK as to how much he wants or doesn't want to be involved. I think he could be used in a lot of places that would work well. Heck, he could be used as a manager to get a younger talent over if they so desired.

His in ring days may be behind him, but the man still has an awful lot left to give to the business. It's up to him what he wants to do with his time.

If HBK could be a GM or Commissioner again, that would be great. But I don't think he wants to do that again. I think he is ready to stay retire, and just make an appearance one in a while.

Be great to see him on commentary, but that also requires a lot of travel. So he might stay away from that again.

He knows a thing or two about promos, and is always fun to watch.

Would never work.. the wrestling world would end up hating Shawn because all you would hear is "one more match" chants that will never happen

or worst end up like Flair :flair:

I think HBK would make an awesome announcer however Shawn wants to be with his family so can't see it happening. In saying that when he came back (I only saw it last night as it screens on Friday in Aotearoa) it blew me away how incredible he is. Yeah I am huge HBK mark, love the crap outta him, but he is the epitomy (spelling???) of wrestling and after a 12mth absence him coming out into the ring made me realise how few wrestlers these days have an charisma and how NONE of them are even close to HBK. The whole promo was amazing, except I wish HBK had of kicked off Takers stupid head. HBK coming back at least once a year would be amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The thing is, unless Michaels is a GM/Commissioner via satellite then that's going to be a lot of travel aswell, the same ammount as a commentator as the commentators don't go to House Shows, sometimes rarely do the GM's go to House Shows so if HBK doesn't want to do GM/Commissioner because of travel, I don't think we're gonna see HBK at the booth any time soon.

Although that being said I would like to see him do commentary, I think it would be really great. Perhaps he could do a hosting role for a WrestleMania one day. Either way, HBK won't be in a full time WWE position in the near future.

Gee, what would someone who calls himself "HBK Mark" say? I would love it if Shawn Michaels would make regular appearances but I think that having one or two HUGE moments a year would be more effective. When that music hits and interrupts raw is a happening. His moment with HHH and Undertaker was high energy and even poignant.

Plus, all you have to do is look at the sadness that drips from the screen every time Ric Flair appears and you know that staying away will make Shawn more iconic as time goes on.

Shawn Michaels should not hang around as a GM/Commissioner, commentator, or any other capacity within the WWE. I think he was one of the greatest performers (if not the greatest) of all times so to comeback at anything less than that wouldn't do it for him or his fans. I would say make an apperance or two on a Raw when it's in Texas, but other than that, I think it would be best to for him to spend time with his family and whatever business venture he has going. Seeing the likes of Hogan and Flair WELL past their prime makes my stomach turn and it's tough to watch. I don't want to see the same with Michaels.

I wish he'd just die already, he is retired please just go the fuck away, i've always hated his punk flaming ass. He's absolutly worthless and pointless, you are retired just go the fuck away please

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back