Shawn Michaels: Unsanctioned Fight.

NegativeFeedback

Mid-Card Championship Winner
We see Triple H, Brock, Jericho, Kane and Taker work occasional matches every year, but the truth is, that if anyone should be coming back to work occasional matches, it's Shawn Michaels, who never looked like he lost a step.

Ever since Shawn Michaels retired, people have been clamoring for him to step back in the ring. However, Shawn has said on multiple occasions that he doesn't want to look like a hypocrite and get out of his retirement stipulation. But I have the perfect solution. How about Shawn comes back for an Unsanctioned fight?

You see, on two different occasions, Shawn Michaels has had two insane feuds lead to an unsanctioned matches. That meant that, in kayfabe, the match wasn't going to be on the books, they weren't going to get paid for it, and WWE wasn't responsible for what happened to each competitor.

His first match was against Triple H at SummerSlam 2002, and his next one was against Chris Jericho at Unforgiven 2008.

What if Daniel Bryan goaded Shawn into an Unsanctioned fight?? Shawn will be able to satisfy the fans who want him to wrestle one more match, and in storyline, it would keep his retirement stipulation intact.

What do you guys think? Is it a good idea??

I think it is a reasonable idea, but I don't think we are ever going to see it happen. If he doesn't want to look like a hypocrite and back out of his retirement stipulation, then I think he is truly done in terms of active competition, even including occasional appearances like the other guys you mentioned. An un sanctioned fight is just a creative way of circumventing the retirement stipulation, and in my opinion, is no less hypocritical than coming back in a more conventional manner.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see it happen. I would love to see Shawn Michaels come back for an occasional match, with such opponents as Daniel Bryan, the Rock, or dare I say it, Sting. However, HBK seems to me to be at peace with his decision. I think he has accomplished everything he has ever dreamed of doing in his career. I'm sure he is financially set for life. And while I have no doubt that he could definitely still go in the ring, his better days are likely behind him. HBK will undoubtedly be seen from time to time in the WWE in the manner in which we have seen him since he called it quits. But I don't see an un sanctioned fight in his future.

I think it's a good idea and a good loop hole, I don't think it would happen though. I think that no matter how you word it, it would still be Shawn getting back in the ring and from what he says I just don't see him doing it.

Honestly, I don't think it'll ever happen. Shawn has said on different occasions that he is happily retired and has no plans of returning. And why should he? He has accomplished everything in his career that he possibly could have and won every major title. HBK doesn't want to hang on too long like Hogan or Flair did which is very smart. Why ruin a hall of fame career and tarnish your legacy by delivering a substandard match? I truly believe nothing will ever top HBK's mania matches with Taker so returning would change how his career permanently ended. Even though I am sure HBK could still perform well, I don't think he'd risk being less than what he was before. It is possible but not very likely.

It is a good loophole if he really wanted to come back but in reality it is still a match and i think he would see it as that and hbk seems devoted to keeping his word about staying retired and im guessing in a big way we can thank flair for that.after his epic match with shawn and his big tearfull sendoff he both clears off to a rival company and comes out of retirement it really was a dick move on his part and lost him a lot of respect.i dont think hbk would want to be looked at like that and he would probally see it as disrespectful to the undertaker aswell.

As someone who has been a big fan of ol' H-B-Shizzle for many years, I still wouldn't necessarily like to see him have another match, unless they built it really well. I have no doubt it would be good, but the main reason I wouldn't want to see him have another match is simple: Hell in a Cell 2009 DX vs. Legacy. While DX ultimately got their revenge and the victory, it doesn't change the fact for me that during the majority of the match, it was extremely uncomfortable for me to watch HBK getting decimated by Legacy. I realize they did all that for a reason, and I know he was "selling", but I still found it extremely uncomfortable to watch. If he did come back, especially for that "un-sanctioned" match, everyone knows it'll most likely be brutal, and I personally don't want to see him be put through that again. He ended his career perfectly.

The fact is Taker, Kane, HHH and others never announced a "last match" for themselves. Shawn said he will retire if he lose that match against Taker at WM XVI, he lost and then went officially retired.

Shawn doesn't want to do the same Flair did after his "retire match" and I respect him so much for that.

I would love to see HBK come back for one more match. But who would he fight? I think the answer is simple. HHH vs. HBK at WrestleMania. Honestly, it could be an epic battle and one of the best matches in WM history. Look at their feud in 2002-2003. AMAZING! Every match told another story of how great these two guys are in the ring together. Weird thought... they only way I would want to see this match is if it were HHH's last match as well. After tons of near falls, the match finally ends in a time limit draw (old school). Both guys retire from the ring forever.

Yeah, but the thing about having an "unsanctioned match" in professional wrestling is an oxymoron. Since the outcomes of wrestling matches are fixed, as are the various feuds, storylines and angles that lead up to the matches; it makes the notion of an "unsanctioned match" by someone coming out of retirement completely sanctioned. In pro wrestling, an "unsanctioned match" is basically a word game and nobody in this day & age would suspend disbelief to the point in which they'd play along with a match not being sanctioned. All the smarks and even smarkier dirtsheet writers out there would do nothing but crap all over the notion. For instance, how many times have you heard some smarks or writers claim that some sort of angle is an "insult to the intelligence of the audience" in the past? Kind of an oxymoron itself when you consider those same people are watching men & woman portray fictional personals who engage in fictional feuds that culminate in fictional fights.

I'd have loved for HBK to come back for WrestleMania XXX to face Daniel Bryan. If the reports are true, WWE officials wanted it to happen as well but they ultimately left it up to Michaels. Again, if true, then Michaels decided to pass. He's said many times that he's happy with his place in the history books and that he's content with his career.

i dont think him not coming back has anything to do with that retirement stipulation. i think he purposely made that stipulation in his last match so he could just say that when fans asked him to return (as an excuse to not return).

It's not a loop hole. NOBODY believes WWE wouldn't "sanction" the match. That's silly. If it requires a pin or a reff, it's sanctioned and would cheapen his retirement. Plus it's really someone else's turn.

Yeah, but the thing about having an "unsanctioned match" in professional wrestling is an oxymoron. Since the outcomes of wrestling matches are fixed, as are the various feuds, storylines and angles that lead up to the matches; it makes the notion of an "unsanctioned match" by someone coming out of retirement completely sanctioned.

That would be a valid concern if this was something cheap, new or unprecedented. But Shawn has already had two unsanctioned matches and they didn't spark the controversy you're setting up above. People just went along with it, in the same way they go along with most of wrestling, and in the same way they would go along with Shawn's return if he decided to come back.

I doubt it. Last November would have been the perfect time for him to return, WWE had no Hogan, Batista, Taker, Rock and Brock to draw for Wrestlemania. He could have headlined but he didn't take the opportunity.

The window has passed, especially with The Rock, Angle (possibly) returning

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back