Last year's MITB Ladder Match had

- Shelton Benjamin
- Carlito
- MVP
- CM Punk
- Mr Kennedy
- Chris Jericho
- John Morrison

Last year's was really high flying with alot of big spots. This year, so far we have

- CM Punk
- Kane

This year's is looking to include bigger guys, i know bigger guys have probably been involved before but last year's was the first i really saw and this year's is starting to look pretty different. I was wondering what everyone's thoughts would be on this, why do you think WWE is going with bigger guys (so far) than last year?

EDIT by Mod: Spoilers aren't allowed

I dont know where they are going with this. Mark Henry will get half way up the ladder before it breaks on his fat ass. I dont think this is gonna be a good MITB Match, or at least as good it has been in previous years.

Kane was involved with the first one and, IMO, I thought he did really well. He hit some pretty nice spots, one to the outside from the turnbuckle and off the ladder. Kane has been involved in other ladder matches outside of MITB so I don't really consider him to be an out of place character having experienced a ladder match before. Mark Henry on the other hand will be different. Kane isn't exactly a lightweight and can't exactly zip up a ladder and he's much quicker than Mark Henry. I'm not sure what WWE is going for having Henry in the Match, maybe their trying to spice things up a bit. I'm sure Henry could hit a few spots of his own on the ground, but I doubt Mark would take a bump from top of the ladder.

It'll be interesting to see.

CM Punk and Kane were going to be in the match anyway, but Mark Henry definitely doesn't make sense in the match. I guess they really wanted to give Mark Henry a spot on the card for some reason, possibly because Morrison will be stuck in a tag match and they need to have more than one ECW wrestler in the match.

Like Ech said, Kane is at home in the ladder match, and he is one of the best big man on the steps. After a huge win for him, I am very exited for him if he gets a new boom. Now if the chance that John Cena could be in the Money in the Bank ladder match, then the placement of these two big guys, as well as (THE WINNER OF THE ECW MATCH) seems the logical thing. CM Punk is an obvious choice in the match, he is a high midcarder who can be in the main event. I wouldn't be surprised to see some other main event caliber guys in there.

Yeah, i still think it could be a good match but probably won't be as "high flying" or have as many big/high spots. Might be jumping the gun though, Kane and Henry might be the only big guys involved, there might be 5 more quicker guys added which would be sweet, have a bit of variety.

Kane is a big guy, but he can hold his own with heights. I forsee with Henry in it that we'll see him dominate but get massively frustrated when he can't climb a ladder.

Evan Bourne will be cleared to wrestle by WM 25. Look for either him or Morrison to win MITB.

Morrison? I doubt he will be in it. He lost in a qualifying match, and is not yet destined for the main events. I think the best Morrison has is a chance to be in a tag match against The Colons.

I like this. Having one big, out of place guy does add to the variety of the match. I don't count Kane as out of place, because as it's been said, he's held his own in these matches before. There's 5 spots for smaller, faster, high flying guys, and Punk is already in and fits that category. I was hoping for Umaga to be in there as the big guy, he at least flies a little bit, but oh well. I'm looking forward to this match very much. Also, I just realised that every guy confirmed so far is a former world champ (if you count the ECW title). That's odd for MITB.

I don't see Cena being in the MITB this year. I think that somehow, he'll make it into the WHC match, making it a triple threat match. Or maybe defeating The Big Show on Smackdown to regain the number one contender spot back. Big Show hasn't gotten a major push or anything lately, even though he DID beat Cena on Friday's SD. But theres no way that the WHC match will be Edge vs Big Show. As for the MITB match, ECW will probably get one more guy in. Christian, Bourne, or maybe Finlay, no matter how stupid that is. He was in one of the other MITB matches. From Raw I see one more guy, probably Kofi Kingston, since he's a high flying guy. From the SD brand we'll have three guys outta Kozlov, Umaga, MVP and Kennedy if he's back. I may have no idea what I'm talking about, and I probably don't seeing as this is my first post here lol. But I'm just throwing some names out. If it is consisting of guys on my list, there could be some really intriguing possibilities here. Who knows? Any thoughts. I'm a long time reader of everyone's posts on the forum and I'm glad to join you guys!

Evan Bourne is a great talent. He's agile and he's exciting. That said, there is ZERO chance that Vince McMahon is ever going to give him a title belt, at least not for five years.

In terms of Morrison losing the qualifying match, given all of the talent that's losing qualifying matches...and Santino...i would guess that the dark match for Mania is a massive battle royal with the winner getting a spot in MITB. Morrison and Miz I believe are destined for an awesome tag team title match. But Mysterio? He needs to do something.

And while the three in the match are already former champs, you have one guy who was rushed to the Championship to fix things (Punk), one guy who was champ ages ago (Kane), and as Vince McMahon likes reminding the world over and over, ECW Title is subpar to the WWE and World Titles, no matter how much we object.

I think we should actually wait and see who is in the match first, people making assumptions about Evan Boune competing in it, lets just wait until the guy can actually be fit nough to appear on TV. As far as the two contestants so far, CM Punk and Kane, Punk will add excitement and his sucess last year will draw people away from the other competitors IMO an Kane creates the atmopshere that absolutely anyone can win

Actually, it could be Cena. Maybe. It would further solidify the MITB, add attention to the title picture, its WM25, and it would make Cena look even more like C. Reeves before the horse. As for Henry, if used right could make for some good big spots.

Cena winning the MITB would be a total waste of that potential. Come on. MITB is used for pushing upper midcarders into the main event scene. Would you really want to waste that on Cena, a guy who is already the top face of the company?

With the addition of
Mark Henry
, I'm at a loss here. I have no clue why they decided to put him in there. What's so frustrating with this year's WrestleMania is that they only have one member of the roster that actually matters who is injured: Batista. Bourne and Kennedy are most likely cleared to wrestle. So with that, you've got all these guys that have yet to find a niche at WM. If we go with the assumed HBK/Taker, Hardy/Hardy, HHH/Orton, Jericho/Legends, and what seems to be a brewing triple threat between Edge/Show/Cena, you've still got so many people left to cover: JBL, Kozlov, Umaga, Kennedy, Morrison, Miz, Shelton, MVP, Kofi Kingston, Evan Bourne, Jack Swagger, Christian, Finlay, Rey Mysterio, and hell even potentially R-Truth.

So how the hell do these guys fit into the 6 extra MITB slots and the 1, POSSIBLY 2 other matches that can fit on the WM card? For all intents and purposes, you can rule out Truth, Kozlov, and potentially even Bourne if they want to hold his return until after the ppv so he can get drafted. That still leaves an odd cross-section. Can you really see the Money in the Bank having THREE superheavyweight type guys by including Umaga? I fuckin hope not.

They could potentially have a match between Shelton and MVP for the US title as well as an ECW championship match (though idk who, as Swagger/Christian and Swagger/Finlay have already happened and would suck), but they'd have to be rather quick matches because you know the WWE isn't going to cut out their ridiculous promo time to feature another 10 minute match....unfortunately.

Most people are saying that Morrison and Miz will have a title unification match with the Colons at WrestleMania and that's the reason why both lost to CM Punk in the qualifying match, but I just can't see that happening. I think at least Morrison will be in it, as will Mysterio, along with Shelton, MVP, and then the other two I'm not sure of but I'd hope that it would be Miz and Kennedy/Kingston/Bourne.

I have no idea what they're doing for MITB this year, but my previous predictions were that Morrison was the #1 choice to win it and if not him, then it would go to Shelton or MVP...and now they're throwing a guy who can't climb the ladder into it? Don't get me wrong, I'm not a Henry hater like most people, but he simply doesn't belong in the MITB match in the slightest bit. And now that they're adding in random names and having people like Santino in qualifying matches, its impossible to guess who will win until we get all 8 names situated firmly.

We got 3 confirmed now (Punk/Kane/Henry) for the MITB. The IC Champ is in the match so why not the US Champ. So most likely this will include Shelton Benjamin & MVP. Chavo Guerrero who is in a mix with those two is a toss up but I'm keeping him out for now. That will make 5 & 3 to go. From the looks of things the 3 WAY for the World Title (Cena/Edge/Show) looks to be happening. I was predicting a 3 WAY for the ECW Title (Christian/Finlay/Swagger) but I don't see 2 3way Title Matches happening at Mania so thats out. I would think that Christian will get his rematch with Swagger at Mania & Finlay with Horny & his weapon could be in the MITB which will make 6. There are 2 more stars from RAW I think will fill the rest & that being Kofi Kingston & JBL.

Like I said before Chavo is a toss-up & I think stars like Regal, Kozlov, Dreamer, Bourne & Umaga will be kept off the card & saved for that Battle Royal that happens before Mania comes on.

So heres my MITB (4 RAW, 2 SD, 2 ECW) - (4 Faces & 4 Heels)
Punk, Kane, Kofi, JBL, Finlay, Henry, MVP, Benjamin

Even though I said there couldn't be 2 3way title matches, but there could be another 3 WAY for an Interbrand Battle (Raw Vs. SD Vs. ECW). Heres what I'm thinking of: Rey Mysterio vs. Carito vs. John Morrison

What do all think??

The idea of Cena winning the Money in the Bank makes sense in some ways. But to be honest, is it not demeaning to Cena to have him win the Money in the Bank Ladder match?
Cena is the face of WWE right now, he is the guy that sometimes doesn't even need a number 1 contender match to get a shot at the WWE or World title. If he was to win Money in the Bank it would bring him down to the level of Edge, but I suppose there would be the comeuppance from when Edge cashed in to win the title from Cena all that time ago. But that is not Cena's game surely, if he were to do that it not only seems cheap but he will be using the tool that gets upper mid card talent over as Main Eventers (given only for a short period, with the exception of Edge). There is no way that Cena can win the Money in the Bank and save face as the 'workhorse' of WWE on screen. And to be honest, how obvious would it be that Cena will win Money in the Bank if he is put into the match. He would look out of place.
As for who else, I do like the way this year's money in the bank is going. We have Kane, CM Punk, and whoever wins on ECW I'm guessing Henry, in there, add a few highflyers maybe Evan Bourne, TJ Wilson (imagine that?), Kofi Kingston perhaps from Smackdown Shelton Benjamin? If any of the aforementioned were to win I would say it was Benjamin's time, I mean he has been in the match practically every year since the Wrestlemania tradition began, so surely its his destiny to win that and get a push to Main event level, even if just for a short period.
Just another thing for people to think about, surely it would be a disappointment for someone who won Money in the Bank to cash it in for the ECW Championship? But on the other side of that argument it could restore some dignity to the championship couldn't it?

Does anyone think Koslov will be involved? God I hope not. All I could see of him is strutting around like he does with his McMahon type 2 walk, headbutt a few people, gets chokeslammed off the turnbuckle and not seen for the rest of the match.

I could see Mike Knox going into it though, maybe Kofi as well!

When you're falling off a ladder in pursuit of a crowd reaction you can't get by doing normal wrestling work, you need somebody to land on. Kane is big and strong so he can catch people, Mark Henry is like a big squishy crash mat.

Although I fail to see in what capacity Mark Henry needs to be on the show, after not being pushed properly for nearly a year.

This match looks ridiculous. While WM25, does seem to be stacked very well, with most likely the following matches taking place

HHH/Orton
Edge/Cena/Big Show
Jeff/Matt
Divas Match (Possibly Melina vs. Beth)
Taker vs. Michaels
Jericho vs. Legends

You've got most of the main eventers out. This is the biggest PPV of the year, one of the best stacked cards imo, in a few years, They're going in the wrong direction for the MITB. I had originally thought the following entertainers would be in the match.

Evan Bourne
John Morrison
Rey Mysterio
Mr. Kennedy
Shelton
MVP
Carlito

And then one legit Big guy, I was thinking of Mike Knox and Kane, leaning more towards Knox. I guess I was wrong. 2 of my original candidates have already had qualifying matches and lost. I disagree with the way they're going. With 5 spots remaining, we can almost be certain that Punk won't repeat, and I don't think the WWE is honestly thinking having either Kane or Mark Henry win.

Yeah, throwing Henry in there is a joke. Like others have said, they'll probably keep Morrison's push with the tag titles, since there is much more momentum going right there, although I'd rather see him in this match. I can't imagine the second ECW spot wouldn't feature Evan Bourne if it isn't Morrison. That's 4, then I'd look at The Great Khali, Umaga, Vladimir Kozlov, and Kung Fu Naki. This way nobody understands what the heck is going on and continues the theme set by entering Mark Henry in the match.

Vince wants unpredictable, he's getting it!

Seriously, I hope that's it with the big guys. I'd like to see R-Truth on the card with Shelton, so I'm hoping they are two of the actual representatives from SmackDown.

Something I hope that doesn't happen would be for a member of Legacy to enter and win and cash it on Orton, because I want Legacy to continue on.

Kane I can understand. He's been in MITB before. And actually he was pretty amazing in it. Having one big guy for the spots makes good sense, though frankly they should have given this spot to Umaga, who needs it more. Punk, ok. But Henry? That's just plain fucking bizarre. He can't climb a ladder. So what is he doing in a ladder match? Oh, well, anything for a weird life. At least we can be assured that none of the so-far announced participants will actually win the damn briefcase. We're still waiting for the real players.

For the remaining 5 spots, my wishlist is
R-Truth
Evan Bourne
Kofi Kingston
Brian Kendrick
Rey Mysterio (Have him win a redemption battle royal or something)

My only problem with Henry is that I wanted Umaga in it, but 3 big guys is overkill. I think it could be a nice change of pace to have a total fish out of water, so far whenever there's been big guy it's been Kane or Lashley, who are at least pretty agile big men. Also, an idea I had that I like is to have Jeff in a qualifier but just before he wins Matt screws him somehow. Do this with Kendrick, as he could get some heat off that.

Ok so I just checked out the results for this weeks Smackdown. I'm liking the participants thus far and tonights smackdown confirms what we have know since the rumble. I think WWE may have some big plans for the money in the bank this year. just watch. Anything can happen in the WWE, especially at the 25th Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back