• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Is MITB going to be CM Punk's "Signature" PPV?

#BabyFace

**The.Best.In.The.World**
We have seen many times in the WWE were some wrestlers are connected with a certain Pay-Per-View more than others. Of course the big one that comes to mind is Undertaker and WrestleMania. Triple H was once known for doing great at No Mercy.
To my point, CM Punk is a two time Money In The Bank winner, AND the Punk we all know today started when he won the title and "left" the WWE at last year's MoneyInTheBank.
Last night he beat Daniel Bryan in another great match to retain the title. So, it may be too early to tell but do you think CM Punk will become connected with the MITB PPV in his career? Could he even possibly be undefeated at MITB when his career is over?

p.s. I don't usually make threads like this because I don't jump to these conclusions, but who knows.

I don't think it's likely to something that's synonymous with Punk, but I could see it being used to further an angle a year or 2 down the road. There's no guarantee that Money in the Bank will even be around much longer so who knows? They nearly scrapped it this year and if the buys aren't up, they might consider it again next year. Hard to brag about your record at a PPV you only performed at twice.

I like the reasoning, and I'd support this being the case, but it's not his PPV unless he gets to close it. I hope that changes in future years, but it just simply wasn't the case this year in my opinion.

For the forseable future CM punk will be best known for MITB. Depending on where his career goes from here plenty could change.....but after two MITB wins, a title win against John Cena after the epic pipebomb promo and then walking away with the title.....and then last nights title defence. CMPUNK should get a commemorative MITB tattoo.

I agree with Nate that as of right now it's a bit premature since the PPV is still relatively new and it may not be around too much longer, but as of right now if anyone were to be the one who is known for success at the event it's Punk. One WWE title win and one defense, and outside of the event but in MITB matches he's been extremely successful so when it comes to anything Money In The Bank it's hard not to think of him. I wouldn't be surprised if at next year's event we hear them talking about Punk and the event like John Cena and I Quit Matches.

It's a little early to tell yet, but he did win two briefcases in a row, and has won the title and successfully defended the title in two consecutive years. I think it would be kinda cool if it became his PPV, but as was said above, the PPV might not be around much longer if the buyrates aren't up this year.

Yes. A lot of wrestlers are connected to PPV events. Shawn Michaels is deeply connected to both Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania. Triple H is connected to No Mercy. It's impossible to forget that the nWo started No Way Out. I always connect Survivor Series with Stone Cold Steve Austin and King of the Ring with Jerry Lawler who was the first or at least first well-known King of any ring. When I think of Summerslam, I think of Hulk Hogan. When it comes to MITB, I think of a lot of young stars because so many people have won the matches, but yes, CM Punk has done well at MITB, though I don't think he'll be connected to it.

Maybe a 1-2 more MITB's will get Punk there providing he wins or is involved in a major WWE Title match again and they put his face on the poster of the next MITB PPV or something like that.

I would say Wrestlemania relates more to The Undertaker then HBK. Even though HBK is known as Mr. Wrestlemania but his win-loss record is poor.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back