Rate CM Punk's WWE Title reign

Rate CM Punk's WWE title reign

• Good

• Average

• Terrible

Results are only viewable after voting.
I would say average because he hasn't really had quality guys to feud with, outside of Jericho and lately Bryan.

But his matches are almost always good and it's good he's had a nice long reign so far.

Average leaning toward good.

It's been rather good BUT one thing that bothers me in particular is the lack of main eventing on PPV's. This is the WWE Championship, it's "supposed" to indicate who the top guy is. Cena VS The Rock or even Brock Lesnar I can understand going on after it, but the matches against Kane or Johnny? Come on. Flair even said so himself, the world title needs to go on last. That's honestly the only real problem I have had with Punk's reign though. That and the whole Kevin Nash texting himself or whatever storyline that ended up being a huge waste of everyone's time.

He has had some decent feuds against guys like Del Rio, Cena, Trips, Jericho, Bryan, and Kane. The reign has lasted 200+ days at this point, and it would be cool if it made it all the way to a full year. I doubt that will happen, but it would be really cool if it did. The Jericho and Bryan feuds alone have made up for the issue of the title matches not main eventing. I do hope Punk begins closing shows again in his title defenses though. There is absolutely no reason why Cena VS Big Show should go on after the title match. None. I am not letting that bother me too much, even if it does annoy me. It doesn't change the fact that Punk has been feuding with Bryan for the WWE Championship, main event or not.

Honestly his title run has been rather interesting. I mean it is better than what we were seeing the past couple years of the title abruptly changing hands with no considerable substance to it. I thought that the feud with Jericho was interesting with Y2J picking at his family but they could have hyped it up way more than they did. This new angle with Kane and D-Bry could be very interesting. I think it's one of the better programs he's been in since he's had the strap.

I love Punk's reign, with one teeny tiny issue:
The WWE Championship has dropped to midcard.
Cena is still dominating the main event, with his recent PPV matches with Rock and Brock, and now Show this Sunday. Cena is, of course, though, the face of WWE, so it is unfortunately expected.
But would it be so hard to knock Cena to midcard?
Answer: Yeah, probably.
But it's okay. Other than that, Punk has had a good reign, but I hope he does drop the title soon, to Bryan or whoever.

I had mentioned in another thread that his 3 way match with Kane and Bryan needs to main event over Cena and Big show. With Vince getting involved now I don't think we will see it. For that reason I picked average. It is probably a little above average due to the length of the run, and Punk defeating quality opponents. The fact though that he is never the main event is hurting his run and the title. The champion and the title should be the centerpiece, and it has not been that way in a while. They will never know if Punk can draw if they won't let him run with it and be Cm Punk. What we have now is a slightly watered down version who holds the title, but is still not trusted to carry the company on his shoulders. Take the restraints off and let us find out how good Punk as champion can be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back