Scott Armstrong = WWE's Shane Sewell?

Hyorinmaru

Sit Upon The Frozen Heavens
We all remember the feud in TNA between Bashir and 'referee' Shane Sewell where Bashir gave him tons of crap and he just snapped right?

Well after Smackdown last night I'm thinking WWE is using this idea with Punk and Armstrong (with a few tweaks of course). Everyone knows that Armstrong is the older brother of BG James and son of Bullet Bob Armstrong. He actually has quite a few indy titles to his credit since he started wrestling back in 1983.

I know some people are going to bring up his age and I'm not saying he's going to become a champion. I'm just saying a few good matches with Punk isn't out of the question.

It wouldn't be TOTALLY bad, but I'd still rather not see it. I'd much rather see CM Punk in the world title picture or feuding with guys like Morrison or Rey, not with an aging referee.
This just seems like a waste of time that could be given to push and develop other guys.
It'll be interesting to see if Scott can hang with Punk in the ring, but it's a "let's not, and say we did" kind of thing.

After the complete squash I think that idea can't work. Sewell actually used some grapples and dominated for a period of time no matter how short. I would like to see in every CM Punk match, the referees start doing quick counts and other cheap calls, getting revenge on Punk for beating up Armstrong. I don't know how to expand it, but it's an idea I would like to see.

No. Shane Sewell came off as a badass and deranged lunatic, while Armstrong has been made to look like whimp. Plus I think when CM Punk beat him up and taunted him after the match they had on Smackdown, that was the end of this storyline.

No. Shane Sewell came off as a badass and deranged lunatic, while Armstrong has been made to look like whimp. Plus I think when CM Punk beat him up and taunted him after the match they had on Smackdown, that was the end of this storyline.

I would highly doubt this is the end of this situation, HHHKing. What would be the point of starting something like this and then scrapping it after such a short period of time? WWE, if nothing else, actually has decent follow-through on their storyline development.

As for why they would start such a storyline to begin with, I'm not so sure. It would be one thing if they were using it to introduce a young talent who believably was getting a start as a ref. However, with Scott Armstrong, that's far from the case. I guess we just have to tune in and find out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back