Team Punk vs. Team Armstrong @ Survivor Series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
CM Punk-----Like his moves----Could care less about his character------but he'll end up on Raw whenever they do the draft and Armstrong will follow screwing him over in all matches. Punk goes crazy starts beatin refs up and gets suspended----Good result.

No... just no no no no no.

1) He'll end up on RAW- He just came from RAW, and he's doing a lot better on Smackdown than he ever did on RAW. If they send him back to RAW he's just going to get buried over there.

2) Armstrong follows him to RAW- There's no way Armstrong and CM Punk are going to have a feud that passes Wrestlemania. There's no way they're going to have a feud that passes Survivor Series if you ask me. If they do, well then sorry CM Punk you just got straight up fucked with that.

3) Armstrong screws Punk- Wow, have a ref start screwing one of your top heels over every match, what a great way to build sympathy for someone your fans are supposed to hate. That's just stupid.

4) Punk starts beating on refs and gets suspended- Beating up refs is as much a part of professional wrestling as leather and baby oil. He wouldn't be suspended for it. And why do we want CM Punk getting suspended anyway? He's a good performer, and there's no reason to get rid of him for any length of time.

I think that this is a terrible idea. I have plenty of ways they could have used C.M. Punk at Survivor Series, rather than this one.

1) Have a Survivor Series team of Team Mysterio versus Team Batista, and he be on Team Batista.

2) Have him in the Triple-Threat World Title Match against the Undertaker & Chris Jericho. I mean, Punk is on Smackdown, right. The Big Show is a RAW superstar, and has no business being in a Smackdown Title Match. I know that the WWE piss on the brand extension idea at every opportunity, but at least have three SMACKDOWN superstars compete for the Smackdown belt. Then they could have Scott Armstrong be replacement referee, (when the proper ref is knocked out), and not count Punk's pin on Taker, for example, then have Jericho capitalise on the situation, and win the belt. Then you could do Taker-Jericho at TLC and Punk and Armstrong fight in a throwaway "filler" match at a "B" grade PPV, instead of having it as a major match at one of the big 4 PPV's.

3) I heard someone suggest that they have Undertaker-Punk "Buried Alive" at Survivor Series. That would be cool, especially considering that they haven't had a "Buried Alive" Match for five years.

Any of these ideas makes more sense than Punk captaining a SS team against a referee. Doing this tells me a few things:- (a) that Punk is being de-pushed again, just like after his last title reign. (b) that the WWE have run out of ideas for Punk, that they have to put him in that shlock of an idea, (c) that WWE have dropped the rule about commentators not even being allowed to say referee's names during a match, to now being wrestlers themselves.
(d) they should have had Cena lose at "Bragging Rights", and then he could have crossed to Smackdown and feuded with Punk, which would be a fresh feud (something WWE is not renowned for these days) (e) Obviously, turning Batista heel, and the likelihood that Jericho and Big Show will split (hopefully), has pushed Punk to "third" heel. What a fall from grace for a man who held the title less than two months ago, and was the most entertaining thing on "Smackdown".

Uhhhh.....Actually Scott wrestled for at least fifteen years. He is from the "famous" Armstrong family that produced such wrestling jobbers as B.G. James, Steve Armstrong and Bob Armstrong (aka Buzzkill in WCW).

I do know this, and respect the work he, and his family, have done for the business. The point I made however, is the reasoning Vince never used Scott as a wrestler. He obviously wasn't up to par when it came to Vince's standard's on what a wrestler should be.

The idea that Scott Armstrong will be thrown into the limelight of a PPV match, and asked to hold up the babyface end of the bargain on the big stage with a talent such as CM Punk is far beyond belief. The idea that WWE will build this referee to be "something big" in the next 5 years, another ridiculous statement. Who in the blue hell would pay their hard earned money to see CM Punk fight it out with a striped shirt ref?? Certainly not me, and I guarantee there are many more in the same boat as I. It won't draw, it won't be good for business....and therefore....it will not happen! NUFF SAID!

Scott Armstrong used to be a wrestler, folks. Matter of fact, he's a second generation wrestler. His dad, Bullet Bob Armstrong was huge around the Southeastern United States. Plus Jesse James Armstrong, or Road Dogg is his brother, and Brad Armstrong was a serviceable wrestler with WCW. So it's not like this is just a referee out of nowhere. Even though he's aged, Scott Armstrong was a solid wrestler.

BUT....having Armstrong near a Survivor Series match would be a horrible turn of events. No need to have him involved in any story other than a week or two. Punk is above feuding with refs and is above wrestling a team of refs or a team that's made by a ref.

Yeah I always hate when referees are brought into storylines...it always ends up being a waste of time and forgettable. And at the end, the referee always ends up going back to doing his job. Plus, refs cannot wrestle...and even if they can throw it down with a wrestler, it's just like an earlier poster said...how can the fans be expected to believe these guys can hold their own when they faint at the slightest touch during normal matches?

I think it all boils down to this: everyone is trying to re-create the controversy caused by Earl Hebner ringing the bell early in Montreal (version 1.0, not the countless reproductions we have been treated to). That was pre-meditated, yes, but it was so compelling because it was the first time, and the wrestlers involved were such lightning rods for emotion...it was inevitable that event would become etched in everyone's memory. But what happened in the end? Earl went back to doing his job.

On a side note...want proof refs can't wrestle? Watch the Earl Hebner vs. Nick Patrick match from InVasion (2001).

referee Scott Armstrong was a wrestler in WCW though he was part of the Armstong clan or something.

but i do concur that referees should not wrestle in a PPV match. Then again i thought the Orton Cena Iron Man match at Breaking point was gonna be the least enjoyable match and it was actually the best of the PPV other than the stupid ending IMO. so what do i know :)

I'd say this is all leading upto Bret Hart returning anyway if that is what is happening.
He could have a beef with Punk on 2 levels,
1) as far as i know given we don't know for sure, Bret Hart was a straight edged world champ too so Punk would not be the first.
2) Same scenario sought of with Taker who was a friend of Bret hart and Earl much like Scott Armstrong was forced to go along with the plan and just doing his job against his will, although in the screwjob's case Vince called for the bell to be rung Earl never called for the end of the match.

Armstrong is a ref not a wrestler anymore and Punk would benefit from this match, but who could Armstrong find to face Punk, and who would actually team up with the arrogant former World Champion. Just don't think teams can be put together for a match here. You are right though, this isn't over yet!

You know what'd rock? If WWE could, in this young war they have going with TNA, bring in Earl Hebner as a complete surprise. Have him come out as a mystery partner for Armstrong at the pay-per-view. He'd get a huge pop and it'd just throw TNA management way the fuck off. I think Punk and Amrstrong could both gain a lot from the rub of being involved with Hebner. Of course I'm probably just day-dreaming out loud.

Who likes this idea?

You know what'd rock? If WWE could, in this young war they have going with TNA, bring in Earl Hebner as a complete surprise. Have him come out as a mystery partner for Armstrong at the pay-per-view. He'd get a huge pop and it'd just throw TNA management way the fuck off. I think Punk and Amrstrong could both gain a lot from the rub of being involved with Hebner. Of course I'm probably just day-dreaming out loud.

Who likes this idea?

Its a good idea, but the problem is that most of the WWE fan base are kids now, and they probably won't have any idea who earl hebner is . . .

OK guys real quick tidbit which was commented on earlier in this blog
ROAD DOGG!!! I mean he is Scott's brother by Theo Mays
I mean come on this guy is a free agent right now may not be able to wrestle real long but put him in to a five man team managed by Scott and voila you have a wrestler vs ref script without the match and the fans get to see the return of one of their favorite attitude era midcarders
OH YOU DIDN'T KNOW WELL YOUR A** BETTER CALL SOMEBODY
SO yes they need to end it and quick but if used properly it could bring in a surprise superstar in to the Smackdown arena to challenge Punk for awhile.

After last night, I think it's pretty clear that Team Armstrong won't be an all referee team. That's a bummer for me as I think that would have made for a very memorable match, but what's done is done. Look's like we have R-Truth on Team Armstrong come Surivor Series, and I personally think it's a great idea. Truth gets a ton of face heat, and that'll really help Armstronjg by association. This can only be a good move.

What would make this even better is if Truth could get Pacman Jones to come out of retirement for this match. Truth/Armstrong/Hebner/Pacman and a potential fifth member (depending on what Survivor Series tag format they go with) could be a pretty awesome unit.

After last night, I think it's pretty clear that Team Armstrong won't be an all referee team. That's a bummer for me as I think that would have made for a very memorable match, but what's done is done. Look's like we have R-Truth on Team Armstrong come Surivor Series, and I personally think it's a great idea. Truth gets a ton of face heat, and that'll really help Armstronjg by association. This can only be a good move.

What would make this even better is if Truth could get Pacman Jones to come out of retirement for this match. Truth/Armstrong/Hebner/Pacman and a potential fifth member (depending on what Survivor Series tag format they go with) could be a pretty awesome unit.

Hebner may be still recovering from getting pushed down by Homicide on Thursday. That should keep him out for a good 2- 15 weeks.

Anyway, I don't see how they ever would've had an all referee team. Not only would they get squashed, but why would you give PPV time to refs when there are so many other guys that need it?

An R-Truth captained team is pretty awesome though. He's always gotten huge reactions from the crowd, but has never really been pused. I reckon Cryme Tyme could be on his team, maybe Morrison and Hardy. as well. I don't think Armstrong will wrestle though, him reffing would suffice.

As for Punk's team, I guess McIntyre would be on it, not sure who else. Mike Knox and some other generic heels, possibly Kane. Hopefully this match does happen though, it would be really exciting and there are endless possibilities for the finish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back