Against All Odds: Legends Champion Booker T vs. Referee Shane Sewell

Rusty

Is hanging up the boots
Legends Champion Booker T vs. Referee Shane Sewell

We knew it was coming folks, we didn't want it but TNA felt like this match would be interesting. First off, I have no idea whether or not this match is for the Legends Title or not. It seems like the title should be on the line, but the website does nothing to indicate that. The Legends Championship needs to go. It's beyond ridiculous. It looks pointless and dammit it IS pointless. If Sewell wins the title, am I seriously meant to believe that he is the Legends Champion, despite wrestling match 2 or 3 matches in his life.

Booker T is a bore to me in TNA. I've never been a fan of the guy. He is like the JBL of TNA. He's all talk, but he can't walk the walk that well. I hope this match is for the title so Booker wins here. If Sewell wins in a non title match, I will be disappointed. It's one thing to beat Sheik Abdul Bashir or whatever the fuck his name is, but it's a totally different thing to beat Booker T, a member of the always dominant Main Event Mafia, and the "Legends Champion".

So I really have no idea who is going to win, but I can only hope that Booker T walks out of the match still holding that Legends Title. On a side note, does anyone else see Mick Foley winning that belt in the near future?

To quote the 25th letter of the alphabet, Y??? What good is going to come from this? Sewell is a referee. That's it. He's wrestling a bit now and that's all well and good. He has a mini feud with Bashir and that was pretty weak in its own right. So he beats a bad jobber and that gets him a feud with one of the biggest stars in the company? Riiiiiiiiiiight. Everyone gets the logic here right? I really don't see how you can miss it. If this was a year or even 6 months from now I could maybe get this, but I simply don't see any logic in this match. Booker better kill him.

is this possibly a repeat of earl hebner vs triple h where the wrestler tries to bully the ref until the ref snaps and fights back

Sort of, but Shane Sewell is a trained wrestler. The way he's being sold as a referee though, he gets a pop when he pulls off a basic move; brilliant!

This is the part of my post where I state the obvious. Of course, this is a stupid match idea. The Legends Championship is a joke and a referee challenging for it is even more stupid. The match will be functional, at best, but it's just dumb. Half the reason I don't bother to sit through TNA pay-per-views is because of stupid filler shit like this.

How many times have I said the word stupid? I'm guessing it a lot. Well, it is stupid. I've got nothing else to say.

While Against All Odds is still a week or so away, this match is NOT for the Legend's Championship as it stands right now. Thank whoever pulled that trigger.

Unfortunately, I'm almost sure that means we'll be seeing Shane Sewell go over Booker T., getting a rematch at Destination X, for the Legend's Championship. And of course, this is definately a feud I want to see prolonged and continued through the months. [/sarcasm]

In all honesty, Shane Sewell should've been sent back to being a regular Referee. I mean, he was fired as an official, hired as a Wrestler to face Bashir, then rehired the following iMPACT! as an official again.. to red a Bashir match, none the less. :wtf: Did we learn nothing from this?

So we've went through a couple weeks of Booker T. pushing over Referee's, including a stellar Handicap match with some and it all leads to the Pay per view, where the "Ultimate Official" Shane Sewell seeks revenge. Lame.

On the plus side, this is definately a slap in the face of Eric Young, who "I" would've at least expected to be the next possible contender for this title. One thing's for sure, the term "Legend" in T.N.A.'s dictionary apparently means "anyone".

Yeah at least with Young this would be watchable. Sewell may be a damn fine wrestler for all I know, but at the end of the day, he's a referee to me. Refs are supposed to be the tiny guys that try to keep order, not people taking on big guys like Booker. Booker better slaughter him here, or lose by a lot of interference. Why Sewell though? Is he another member of Frontline? Why not Rhyno? That would make some sense. He's in the Frontline, he was attacked at the last show and maybe Booker could have been one of the attackers? Is that better than a referee? Yep, I'd say so.

I read that it was because TNA is building more to their bigger PPVs. Probably so they don't give away money matches too early like they (arguably) did in the past. I give them credit; they knew to build up all the Sting matches... WWE however, has given away all their "dream" matches in the last 2 years, leaving almost nothing left without a Hogan/Austin return.

I think TNA could have done a LOT better, but building to the bigger events is a wise business decision. I personally agree that the EY idea would have been much better suited.

I read that it was because TNA is building more to their bigger PPVs. Probably so they don't give away money matches too early like they (arguably) did in the past.

Uhm. T.N.A. has more title changes on their weekly television show, iMPACT!, than they do on Pay per view. And did we not just witness Kurt Angle against A.J. Styles a week ago? Maybe I was dreaming, but I swear we did.

Anyways, it's fine if T.N.A. is saving more "money matches" for their bigger Pay per views.. but I think they're over doing it here. I mean, this isn't even a regular B-show p.p.v. match.. this is a glorified squash match that should've happened on iMPACT!, and now Shane Sewell and Booker T. are likely going to fight equally in a match that will last a lot longer than it should, to waste time on p.p.v.

I give them credit; they knew to build up all the Sting matches... WWE however, has given away all their "dream" matches in the last 2 years, leaving almost nothing left without a Hogan/Austin return.

Yeah, but you know the funny thing. I didn't care that the W.W.E. gave away some of their bigger matches early.. because they still did it properly by giving them away, on Pay per view. Not on television, and certainly not for free.

I think TNA could have done a LOT better, but building to the bigger events is a wise business decision. I personally agree that the EY idea would have been much better suited.

The thing to T.N.A.'s bigger events is, they're kinda close together. Slammiversary is in June, and four monthes later it's Bound For Glory. The other thing is, outside of those two Pay per views.. does anyone really know what they other "bigger events" are?

W.W.E. has the Rumble in Jan., WrestleMania in Mar/April, Summerslam in Aug. then Survivor Series in Nov. That's an equal spread out way to do it.

I'd say Lockdown is becoming a "bigger event" but couldn't guarantee it to be anything other than a pure gimmick show, obviously.

And the thing is.. I was actually joking about Eric Young. He's shit too. Not as much as Sewell, but I don't care to wanna watch him any more either. Rhino, Styles, Joe.. all of which are bigger names, and a lot more deserving of this title shot, or even non-title match.. yet they're getting apparently held completely off the card.. or slapped in a last second 6-man :rolleyes: while Sewell is getting a single's, high-profile match? Pssh.. T.N.A. is about to go two for two on producing completely shitty Pay per views.

what a joke booker t the legends champ what bullshit he sucks and has sucked for years and now he will wrestle a shitty ref my god tna needs to just give up and let some of these guys go to wwe and do dark matches that would be more respectable than this horse shit they do now or maybe they could sell that fat titty samoa joe and buy some better talent this generation of wrestling sucks thank god i have wwe 24/7 and can watch good wrestling

In no way do I believe it is a good idea, but I mean, EY could at least get a good push out of it, and has been with the company a long time and is deserving. Shane Sewell just came out of left field.

I'd be willing to bet TNA's justification is that "the MEM is so dominating that even TNA's staff is getting hurt by them, and Shane Sewell is here to defend their honor".

And btw, we DID see AJ vs Angle, and yes, it is a dream match, but at least they gave it to us in PPV form first, after a long and strong build up.

I called it some weeks ago, and it still makes me sick.

Why does Booker T want to wrestle Shane Sewell at all? Does it prove anything if he beats him? And what happens if Sewell wins the title, I think nobodies knows yet if the belt is on the line or not but that is TNA, will Sewell be a TNA Legend?

What the hell is this about? It doesn't make any sense to neither of them start feuding with each other. Booker doesn't need to prove anything at all against a former referee and Sewell needs to improve a lot better before going against one of TNA's top names.

I know this is TNA, it doesn't have to make any sense, but even TNA can call some good matches and make them make sense, this one does not, at all! So, I hope Mafia beats the crap out of Sewell, so we don't need to see him again because he is just a combination of poor wrestling and poor mic skills, and for that we already have someone... Scott Steiner.

:icon_rolleyes: the legends title is (get this) supposed to be a joke. it was commisioned by a wrestler for crissakes. and maybe, just maybe tna is trying to convert shane from just a ref to a full time wrestler. getting a rub from doing well in a program with a major star can do that. oh and for whoever was "glad" that wwe put their big money matches in ppv i simply say there will be no interest in seeing those matches if once in a while the company doesnt give away a good match.

Alright, so we're in the middle of a decent (yet taking an awful turn) feud between the main event mafia and The Frontline. Booker T could could have a good match with Joe or Rhyno (who at this point I don't believe have a match at the PPV yet). Yet somehow TNA's creative team (if you want to call them that), feels that need need to put Booker T into a match with a Ref/Wrestler? I don't get it at all.

If creative wants to put over the Mafia's Complete dominance in TNA and want to put him in the the ring with a ref then it could have been done on TV (the handicap match doesn't count). At this point it's not a title match. Even if it was the Legends title means squat, I mean at this point Eric Young has even gotten a shot at it.

This match is a complete filler, it's written all over it. I can't say it's because TNA had nothing to do with Booker, all I can say is:

Boy TNA Creative :schild13:

The worst thing about it is he's not even that good a wrestler.He had some biceps so they said "Hey you can be a wrestler,how about a title shot,fuck booker, you're a legend".

Legend title I repeat LEGEND......
He's a ref and last time i checked he wasnt a legend.
Wait i'll check again.................nope still not a legend.:headscratch:
I think they just ran out of ideas on who can challenge him because most legends are in his stable.
So they flipped a coin."heads wrestler,tails zebra...its heads...best 2 out of 3"
The only way they can work it to any advantage would be to make him the ref aswell.
And that is still shit.
Oh well what can you do.

Next comes the announcer in the CAGE

Very similar to the Steiner Williams match with a bad match leading to a good promo. This was incredibly short with Sewell doing nothing of note as should have been the case. The only thing I didn't like was the way they ended the match. It made booker look fairly weak when it wasn't needed at all. That leaves the door open for another match which isn't needed. Styles comign out after the match and stealing the belt was perfect. If there is a true TNA Legend it's AJ. he's done it all more than once and this would be a great thing to launch him into the war with the Mafia with. Again, bad match, good postmatch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back