Rumoured Tag Team Revival - Who Should WWE Sign?

Why is it you guys on the internet here, the all-mighty IWC, always feel the need to put african wrestlers in a team with other african wrestlers? I see this and then I see threads about the WWE being racist...

As for the topic at hand? Bring back the New Age Outlawz for a nostalgia run, they can be used to build up Otunga/McGillicutty and then help put over the Uso's after that. Benjamin/Haas might be okay, but really doubtful they would come back and honestly they wouldn't go that far because let's face it, they're wrestlers and the WWE doesn't really push actual wrestling anymore. You have to think of teams that would have something behind them to tell a good story.

And seriously, puttinjg JTG with R-Truth or Kingston with Jay Lethal? Just because they're black? Let's get a bit more creative than the obvious. Internet fans pride themselves in they're vast "knowledge" and their superior creative minds....but this is the stuff you come up with? Let's put Jack Swagger and Dolph Ziggler together because they sound funny on the mic and call it LispDick.

I'd love to see the Kings of Wrestling and Max and Jeremy Buck in the WWE. Both are solid tag teams and would have a nice little niche to work out of. Generation Me would fit right into that Hardy Boyz mold that everybody loves so much, whereas the Kings of Wrestling would be a much more versatile team that I could see getting the straps very early on in their run, if only because of their ability to work a crowd.

I'd like to see Beer Money, MCMG, and the Briscoes in the WWE too, but Beer Money and the Briscoes are signed long term and MCMG are very unlikely especially due to Sabin's injury.

What about like Mysterio and Sin Cara, Like have a mexican passing on the torch with both getting credit on titles while Mysterio is acting like a mentor. Or hell, even bring morrison and miz back together, yeah there both following singles paths, but they could reinvent them. Maybe even try to make them face!

WWE needs to sign The American Wolves (just a dream, really). On a serious note, though, The Briscoes, The ANX, Kings of Wrestling and a reunited Second City Saints could do wonders for the tag team division.

IMO, it's not about signing new tag teams. It's about creating storylines for the tag teams. The easiest way to do that is to tie in a tag team feud with the main event story or stories at a particular time. By doing that, the tag teams involved, immediately become relevant. Then, you slowly break those teams off into storylines with other tag teams.

The real problem, IMO is that there are no storylines for the tag teams. Without storylines, people lose interest. If they had stories for these tag teams, the feuds would develop and so would the interest.

Now it just seems like the matches are random with no sustained feuds.

I was watching Benjamin and Hass in a ROH video and they really improved since being let go.

That's another team I can think of at the top of my head.

If they do succeed in resurrecting the division, they really have to fix the belts. Those things are an eye sore.

WWE doesn't need to go out and sign tag teams, everything is in their backyard; look;

Trent Baretta and Curt Hawkins = Dude Busters
* Pair them up with Zach Ryder and created a party boy faction, it will benefit them and Ryder

David Otunga and Michael McGuilicutty = The Allstars

Bo Rotunado and Husky Harris = New Blackjacks
Come in and fued with Otunga and McGuilicutty for letting him get thrown out of nexus and bring backup with him (his brother)

Heath Slater and Tyler Reks = ????
I don’t know what about these two pairing together would remind me of a young Shawn Michaels and Diesel.

Jimmy and Jey Uso = The Usos
A legit family tag team, that is actually good at tag team wrestling.

Primo and Tito Colon = The Colons
Another legit family tag team, have them use the Caribean Gimmick.

Claudio and Chris Hero = Kings of Wrestling
Have them come in and dominate the tag team division and then have serious challengers (other tag teams) start to show up against them to try and cost them the titles.

Great Khali and Jinder Mahal
A solid tag team that will appeal to WWE India. They are also a good storyline that the fans may have interest in.

Darren Young and Percy Watson
The Miami beach party boys, have them feud with Hawkins and Baretta.

Skip Sheffield and Titus O’Neil
A power tag team, have two big guys doing nothing team up and maybe for a team like the APA of the late 1990’s.

Johnny Curtis and Andy Leavine
Two guys who have been screwed over by WWE reality tv teaming up for their vengeance and recognition.

Daniel Bryan and Alex Riley
Have Riley say he was wrong and he wants to follow in the foot steps of real mentor. Then have him turn on Bryan. It will create a really good feud in the future.

Miz and Derrick Bateman
Have the opposite of above happen.

Evan Bourne and Justin Gabriel
The WWE’s version of the Motor City Machine Guns, neither is doing anything right now anyway.

Yoshi Tatsu and Santino
The comedy tag team that is needed in the tag team since Yoshi Tatsu isn’t doing anything significant anyway.

JTG and Byron Saxton
Two opposites, one a gangster, and one a normal man, who have clashing personality and try to convince the other tag team partner to be more like them.

You have a tag team for only a few reasons. 1. You throw 2 guys together to match up with 2 other guys..so they can continue a story line. 2. You throw 2 guys together to go up against an established tag team. That is 90% of the reasons for putting guys together. Now for the hard part. It's not just putting guys together, but they need to get over. Look at Santino and Kozlov. Like him or hate him, Santino gets the crowd going. Him and Kozlov worked well together, but it was doomed to fail because Santino had all the personally of the group.

First off, bring back Shad and reform Cryme Tyme. I know they were nothing special in the ring, but they were a team the fans actually gave a shit about, and they'd add some depth to the division. It's not like JTG is doing anything anyway. Secondly, I think a Brodus Clay and Tyson Kidd team could be effective. Brodus showed with Del Rio that he can do the enforcer role, and he and Kidd both have a similar attitude character wise.

You have a tag team for only a few reasons. 1. You throw 2 guys together to match up with 2 other guys..so they can continue a story line. 2. You throw 2 guys together to go up against an established tag team. That is 90% of the reasons for putting guys together. Now for the hard part. It's not just putting guys together, but they need to get over. Look at Santino and Kozlov. Like him or hate him, Santino gets the crowd going. Him and Kozlov worked well together, but it was doomed to fail because Santino had all the personally of the group.

I agree with you. I think the best way to get them over with the crowd and bring back the interest is, as I mentioned before, a really solid storyline.

WWE Creative team needs to put their heads together and come up with a Cena-Punk type of compelling storyline for two tag teams. Have those two teams feud in a few matches (regular, gimmick, etc) then in singles matches too. Throwing together two random teams, isn't going to do it long-term.

If they have a really awesome tag team feud, they can build off of that. Now that Triple H has taken over, this is a perfect opportunity.

First off, bring back Shad and reform Cryme Tyme. I know they were nothing special in the ring, but they were a team the fans actually gave a shit about, and they'd add some depth to the division. It's not like JTG is doing anything anyway. Secondly, I think a Brodus Clay and Tyson Kidd team could be effective. Brodus showed with Del Rio that he can do the enforcer role, and he and Kidd both have a similar attitude character wise.

Often when I hear booking suggestions from the board I cringe (sorry guys) but Brodus Clay/Tyson Kidd makes sense. It's the classic little guy big guy formula, Tyson Kidd can do the work in the ring and carry the matches and Brodus can add the presence and carry the promo work as he has proven to be handy on the mic... on a side note I hope they bring Brodus back, I really liked him and thought he had potential.

This is one of the best ideas WWE has had in awhile.

With that being said, I don't think Beer Money will happen anytime soon and the Briscoes also seem like a far cry, not that I wouldn't love to see both in the E. Kings of Wrestling on the other hand seem to be very close and everyone seems to really love that idea and I'm not excluded, they would work wonders. The Young Bucks are also available to bring in. It's hard to say how they would go over, but definitely worth taking a chance on.

Hopefully WWE also keeps in mind what they already have. The Usos could be vital to this revamping. They have been a tag team for awhile, so hopefully WWE doesn't do some ridiculous break up angle with them and ruin it (i.e. The Hart Dynasty). David Otunga and Michael McGillicutty have been a pretty solid team as well. Yeah, they aren't fantastic in the ring, but at least they are credible and that's what the division needs right now. Legacy is also something that should be worked hard on. They were great when they were previously together and with them sort of doing the same thing now, if Ted DiBiase could be pushed a little more, the pair would be incredibly useful. With all that being said, I think now was the worst time to let DH Smith go because it would have been easy to reunite him with Tyson Kidd to reform The Hart Dynasy, another huge potential for the revamping.

Make shift tag teams could be useful as well. Someone like Kofi Kingston could really use a new direction as of late. Why not take him and put him with someone like Evan Bourne, another guy who could use a breath of fresh air. Maybe a Primo/Zack Ryder team as well. Why not?

I'd like to see a legit tag division though, not a bunch of current singles stars flopped together for six weeks because they've got nothing else going on. If they want the division to succeed, the emphasis needs to be on TEAM. That's why a Kane/Big Show pair-up doesn't make sense: why would two singles stars suddenly be concerned with working as a team?

It starts with debuting people as teams that want to be tag team champions. The brilliant thing about bringing in an ROH-style team -- especially right now -- is that you've got the angle built right in. Have them come in, tout themselves as a genuine tag team, and have them bitch a little about how far the tag team division has fallen. Shoots are popular right now, right? So why not? Belts and divisions fail when no one on the roster cares about them. So bring in people that adamantly care about the tag belts, the division, and the history of tag team wrestling.

Beyond that, it's about branding. The vast majority of the teams they might build this thing around need to have team names and matching gear. You can't just have Evan Bourne and Kofi Kingston, for instance, start teaming up and gunning for the tag team championship without a change in their demeanor. When the WWE got away from team branding and started putting feuding opponents together as accidental tag champs and random pals together to then take the belts off them, it killed the division. It was obvious they were just two individuals who happened to wind up together, not two guys who were dedicated to the team.

That said, Kings of Wrestling are probably the best starting point. I believe it starts with one team. They don't even need to walk in the door and win the belts right away, but just show that they care. Then slowly you bring in another team -- maybe Beer Money, maybe the Briscoes -- then another and another. The storyline is that, whoa, wait a second, interest in this division is picking up amongst competitors. I'd love to see them bring back The World's Greatest Tag Team (Haas & Benjamin) and give them a run. They even have a great gimmick: "we tried to save the division and got buried, etc".

Lastly, you've got to have regular matches. Notice how there's a token women's match on every show? That's how you roll out the tag division. Have, say, Kings of Wrestling come in and give their whole spiel about how they still appreciate good tag team wrestling and are in the WWE to change the culture. They need opponents though and since it doesn't make sense to throw two random guys together, as I mentioned, do the next best thing: remember the old "hometown wrestler" jobber? Bring it back for a month or so. Have The KOW invite these random hometown teams -- dressed in matching gear with the look of a real team -- into the ring to face them each week. Have them really respect these jobber teams, not because of their skill but because of their ethic and commitment to tag wrestling. But obviously, they beat all these no-name scrubs. Then one day, your next team comes in. And so on. Either way, you have to put a tag match on practically every Raw and Smackdown and if you do miss a week, it can only be one, you can't go a month without one.

Oh, and no comedy teams. At least not right away. That's another thing that killed tag team wrestling: guys were put together because they had comedic chemistry, but they always lost and couldn't be taken seriously.

I agree with the people here that are saying: WWE doesn't really need to go out & sign new tag teams. They have plenty already working for them, that could be paired together & look like legit tag teams. I like the idea of the former "kings of wrestling" coming over. I think that's pretty much a done deal. But getting other tag teams away from other companies, when they are already signed to contracts...just doesn't seem very plausible.

Here's a list of people already employed by WWE is some way, shape of form:

Barreta & Hawkins-(Face): I think these guys could be a great tag-team, given the opportunity. Also not much worry of either guy stepping up into singles competition.

Kidd & Reks-(Heel): I think they'd need a manager/mouthpiece tho. What about Vickie? I think that'd work.

McGillicutty & Dibiase-(Heel): I think Otunga blows & Rhodes has proved himself "singles worthy" already. Maybe finally WWE can do the Fortunate Sons, that's been talked about forever.

Bateman & Curtis-(Face): These 2 have great chemistry together already. Maybe Bateman reminds Curtis he gets a tag titles shot. & Curtis tells Truth to kick rocks. I sure hope so. I can't stand R-Truth!

Epico & Hunico: I assume they work as a face tag team in FCW? I've never seen them. But I have to assume they are exciting to watch.

Rotundo Brothers or Mulligan's: Ditch the Husky Harris crap & let them be who they are.

Young & Watson: Already been mentioned. They were the "south beach boys" before. Sounds like something that could be entertaining.

Primo & Tito Colon: Only makes sense, right?

Marlow & Leakee: From FCW- may be hard to make them a tag team tho. Already having the Uso's.

Orlov & Rusev: Another 2 guys from FCW that just seem to make sence together as a tag team. I have no clue if they are a team in FCW or not.

There: I just made 10 tag teams pretty easily. Which is obviously too many to have already. I'm just showing how easily this could be done with guys already under WWE contracts. & None of them seem like odd pairings of 2 singles wrestlers either. They all make sense, one way or another IMO. I think thats how tag teams have to be. I'm not a fan of just tossing teams together. Like say: Santino & Ryder. There's no connection there. There has to be a connection for it to work for me. If there isn't a connection- then it needs to be 2 guys brought to WWE-TV for the 1st time, together.

I really hope a lot of these teams are not signed. Here's the thing, WWE doesn't let wrestlers do a lot of the moves that these teams do in ROH or TNA. I doubt Chris Hero will be able to do a Rolling Elbow to the back of someone's head in WWE. The Brisco's are one of the hardest hitting teams I've ever seen, but they'll never be able to work THAT stiff in a WWE ring, and isn't that half the appeal of some of the teams in ROH? And the MCMG and Beer Money teams are better suited for TNA anyway, in my opinion. But let's play along, a team I would live to see in the WWE, bring back Kaval and sign Elix Skipper and have a version of Triple X. I think a team like that would be fitting because they're exciting to watch and both have a surprisingly good power and high flying game.

It's not too surprising to see this little changes with Triple H getting more and more power. A lot of it is for the better, and this is certainly one of those things. WWE's already got the Kings of Wrestling in their sight, and I'm sure they'll pick up one or two more tag teams from the indies or other companies. People are throwing out TNA names like the MCMG and Beer Money, but what they REALLY need to do is create some tag teams of their own. Guys that have a good mix of mic talent and in-ring talent need to be mixed together to hide weaknesses, and they need to bring about a good look. The Usos have a good thing going with that entrance, but it'll only get them so far. Smackdown has a shit load of potential for some tag team air time. I can't really name guys that SHOULD be mixed together, but they've certainly got potential with Legacy still running around. Guys like Santino are perfect for a face tag team. Him and Kozlov could have really taken off if they hadn't stopped giving Santino mic time.

Either way, I see this as a good thing. It's an opportunity for younger talent, and it's a formula for good wrestling matches. Tag Team wrestling is a good place for cruiser-weights to shine, and future singles stars to hone their in-ring work.

Caylen Croft - Reteam him with Trent Baretta.

Shad Gaspard - Reteam him with JTG. A heel version of Cryme Tyme would be something new and fresh. But have them use the theme that was given to Shad when they broke up.

No need to sign anyone - pair up the Miz and R-Truth as 2011's JeriShow.

Seriously, how awesome would this be? R-Truth has been fantastic since turning heel. His ring work is solid, though it has flaws that would probably be masked perfectly in a tag team situation. In fact, it would be masked perfectly, because Miz has shown time and time again how good he is at working a match. I mean, really, he can work a damn good match from the heel perspective. Just imagine this team. Miz does the leg work, R-Truth tags in to do some devastation. Both can sell like bosses, highly effective in hot tag situations. They are both fantastic at beatdowns, especially the Miz, who is indisputably the beatdown master of the modern era. Just imagine the heat they'd draw from destroying faces pre match, during a promo, post match, whatever.

Neither of them really have anything going on. R-Truth and Morrison looks to be getting shot in the foot early and may not even make SummerSlam. Miz has kind of a thing happening with Mysterio, but they've already had a big match where Mysterio went over clean, making the longevity of the feud questionable. Pair up Miz and Truth, they can create a whole new feud against Mysterio and Morrison, who themselves would make a hell of a tag team. Also, the current tag champions are barely even present on television. Giving the belts to credible upper midcarders like Truth and Miz would totally revitalize them (just like JeriShow did) and lead to plenty of PPV material.

Sure, the WWE could sign a bunch of indy teams to bolster the ranks. But why not just form a great tag team (or even two, with Mysterio & Morrison) out of talent you've already got?

On a serious note, though, The Briscoes, The ANX, Kings of Wrestling and a reunited Second City Saints could do wonders for the tag team division.

I'm glad I'm not the only person who had ANX in my head when I saw this thread. I caught quite a bit of these guys on ROH before ending on HDNet and I was impressed. They are still a little green in my eyes but they are still young (Kenny is 30, Rhett is 23). Quite possibly the tag team with the most potential in the business right now.

I think the WWE needs to have about 6 solid Tag teams to make this division mean something. Here are my 6 teams, some already a part of the WWE.

The Usos - They are the only legitimate tag team right now in the WWE. These two would never be anything on their own, so WWE should not break them up and make them into a fierce tag team.

Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre - OK hear me out before you jump the gun about how these guys are single competitors. These two will most likely make their biggest mark in the WWE as single competitors. However if WWE wants to make this tag team division legit, they need some legit wrestlers to be apart of it until the new tag teams can make a name for themselves. I think this would be perfect for both of them. First off Swagger can take the lead of this duo. I always thought he was good on the mic as his run as WHC. Having him be in a tag team could really allow him some more mic time to develop his character. I always have found him entertaining but the WWE really hurt him for the fact that WWE was trying to make him Kurt Angle. Not even LIKE Kurt Angle...they were trying to make him Kurt Angle. Him in a tag team could be the thing to make him different from Angle and make the fans start to appreciate Jack Swagger...not Kurt Angle Light. The man is entertaining if the WWE gave him a chance.

As for McIntyre, I never liked his character, always hated his music and think he needs a revamp of his gimmick. I think this is a perfect opportunity to drastically change his character into something interesting. Have him aline with Swagger. Take the backseat, go along for the ride, etc. etc. Then eventually towards the end of their tag run, he can snap and the duo will break up leading to a feud with a face Swagger vs a heel McIntyre. This tag team would be great for the building of the division, that will also help boost their character for when they are ready to attempt single runs again.

Kings of Wrestling - Ok, so I never really have seen these guys wrestle, but I have heard a lot of good things about this team via this site and the IWC so I am going to take their word for it that they will be a great addition to the division. I wouldn't be surprise though if they get a name change due to the fact that Triple H is the King of Kings...unless Triple H is apart of this stable :suspic:

America's Most Wanted - I hear a lot of people saying Beer Money and although I love them, don't see WWE really going with the whole Beer Money gimmick. They most likely would get repackaged as some other team that would be more PG, so I would rather not see that. But America's Most Wanted could still be an amazing choice and you still get James Storm. Maybe once they are established bring in Bobby Roode and possibly make a stable.

Young Bucks - Perfect team for a new tag team division. They would be the Hardy Boyz of this generation.

Motor City Machine Guns -Amazing team. Put them in a match with Young Bucks and America's Most Wanted and they will steal the show every time.

Honorable Mentions (In case they can't get these guys)

Dudley Boyz - Not that I really want to see them long term in the WWE, but could be nice to see them for a few months to kick start the division.

British Invasion - Bring Williams and Magnus in, with William Regal as a manager...that's magic right there.

?

I think the Jeri-Show role would be better filled by Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase. The whole concept of the Rhodes/DiBiase pairing was so that Cody could save Ted's career. Let's say over time, DiBiase gets this huge singles push and begins racking up victories over bigger and bigger names. Eventually the two of them win the tag team titles. Cody reveals that this was his plan all along, by elevating Ted to his level so that Ted could help him win the tag team titles and thus obtain the privilege of dominating both brands.

I think the WWE needs to have about 6 solid Tag teams to make this division mean something. Here are my 6 teams, some already a part of the WWE.

The Usos - They are the only legitimate tag team right now in the WWE. These two would never be anything on their own, so WWE should not break them up and make them into a fierce tag team.

Jack Swagger and Drew McIntyre - OK hear me out before you jump the gun about how these guys are single competitors. These two will most likely make their biggest mark in the WWE as single competitors. However if WWE wants to make this tag team division legit, they need some legit wrestlers to be apart of it until the new tag teams can make a name for themselves. I think this would be perfect for both of them. First off Swagger can take the lead of this duo. I always thought he was good on the mic as his run as WHC. Having him be in a tag team could really allow him some more mic time to develop his character. I always have found him entertaining but the WWE really hurt him for the fact that WWE was trying to make him Kurt Angle. Not even LIKE Kurt Angle...they were trying to make him Kurt Angle. Him in a tag team could be the thing to make him different from Angle and make the fans start to appreciate Jack Swagger...not Kurt Angle Light. The man is entertaining if the WWE gave him a chance.

As for McIntyre, I never liked his character, always hated his music and think he needs a revamp of his gimmick. I think this is a perfect opportunity to drastically change his character into something interesting. Have him aline with Swagger. Take the backseat, go along for the ride, etc. etc. Then eventually towards the end of their tag run, he can snap and the duo will break up leading to a feud with a face Swagger vs a heel McIntyre. This tag team would be great for the building of the division, that will also help boost their character for when they are ready to attempt single runs again.

Kings of Wrestling - Ok, so I never really have seen these guys wrestle, but I have heard a lot of good things about this team via this site and the IWC so I am going to take their word for it that they will be a great addition to the division. I wouldn't be surprise though if they get a name change due to the fact that Triple H is the King of Kings...unless Triple H is apart of this stable :suspic:

America's Most Wanted - I hear a lot of people saying Beer Money and although I love them, don't see WWE really going with the whole Beer Money gimmick. They most likely would get repackaged as some other team that would be more PG, so I would rather not see that. But America's Most Wanted could still be an amazing choice and you still get James Storm. Maybe once they are established bring in Bobby Roode and possibly make a stable.

Young Bucks - Perfect team for a new tag team division. They would be the Hardy Boyz of this generation.

Motor City Machine Guns -Amazing team. Put them in a match with Young Bucks and America's Most Wanted and they will do a bunch of meaningless spots with no rhyme or reason, not sell a single fucking one of them and no one will enjoy the match except spot marks on here.
Honorable Mentions (In case they can't get these guys)

Dudley Boyz - Not that I really want to see them long term in the WWE, but could be nice to see them for a few months to kick start the division.

British Invasion - Bring Williams and Magnus in, with William Regal as a manager...that's magic right there.
I fixed part of your post. People seriously need to realize that spots do not get you over. The MCMG, Bucks, and Briscoes won't get over the in the WWE. None of them sell anything, and none of them really tell a story in the ring. It's just like watching a video game.

the Young Bucks are pretty shitty in all honesty. I don't care how many gymnastics spots they can do. The Hardy's got over because they had a sort of charisma and their stuff (due to Matt if you've ever heard them talk) had a rhyme and reason to it. the Bucks just do random spots.

Well i certainly hope this is true. Miss the days where the likes of the Dudleys, Edge and Christian and The Hardyz were around.. Tag team wrestling at the best i had seen it myself. Not going to lie i would LOVE the Hardyz back but it doesn't look very likely does it? Just saying..

Well i certainly hope this is true. Miss the days where the likes of the Dudleys, Edge and Christian and The Hardyz were around.. Tag team wrestling at the best i had seen it myself. Not going to lie i would LOVE the Hardyz back but it doesn't look very likely does it? Just saying..
I honestly don't get the Hardy love. They got over by...jumping off of shit. There's a reason neither had the success of Edge and Christian. Jeff could have but he's a fuckup druggie. I don't have any respect for guys like that. I almost killed myself trying to break into wrestling and Jeff would take these "creative leaves of absense" to go "expand his mind elsewhere" and make shitty music and build dirtbike ramps. Then when he was given a golden opportunity he pisses it away because he likes drugs too much.

I get that they're a team from your childhood, but you don't see me begging for Harlem Heat to come back. You gotta be realistic and foreward thinking.

I think that the tag division has a lot of potential. I understand why WWE hasn't pushed it as much. Why pay 2 guys to fill the seats when you can pay 1? However, it's a different type of draw. To me tag teams are a lot like buddy cop movies. You imagine you and your best friend as a tag team and you can relate to that. I love the Usos and JoeTunga. Just add some more. It's not that hard. Find old vets not going anywhere, pair them with midcard younger guys not going anywhere. The vet gets something to do, the young guy gets the rub in case he ever catches fire.

Seriously, how awesome would this be? R-Truth has been fantastic since turning heel. His ring work is solid, though it has flaws that would probably be masked perfectly in a tag team situation. In fact, it would be masked perfectly, because Miz has shown time and time again how good he is at working a match. I mean, really, he can work a damn good match from the heel perspective. Just imagine this team. Miz does the leg work, R-Truth tags in to do some devastation. Both can sell like bosses, highly effective in hot tag situations. They are both fantastic at beatdowns, especially the Miz, who is indisputably the beatdown master of the modern era. Just imagine the heat they'd draw from destroying faces pre match, during a promo, post match, whatever.

Neither of them really have anything going on. R-Truth and Morrison looks to be getting shot in the foot early and may not even make SummerSlam. Miz has kind of a thing happening with Mysterio, but they've already had a big match where Mysterio went over clean, making the longevity of the feud questionable. Pair up Miz and Truth, they can create a whole new feud against Mysterio and Morrison, who themselves would make a hell of a tag team. Also, the current tag champions are barely even present on television. Giving the belts to credible upper midcarders like Truth and Miz would totally revitalize them (just like JeriShow did) and lead to plenty of PPV material.

Sure, the WWE could sign a bunch of indy teams to bolster the ranks. But why not just form a great tag team (or even two, with Mysterio & Morrison) out of talent you've already got?

Wasn't the Miz just the WWE Champion? This is why putting teams together "because they aren't doing anything else" will never work (at least not with relevant guys, like these two). On what planet would someone go from being a world champion to actively wanting to forge a real, lasting tag team? I don't mean a partnership where people watch each other's backs and occasionally team up against some other hodge-podge team. I mean a legit tag team. It doesn't make any logical sense.

Same goes for Mysterio and Morrison. Hell, Mysterio was just the WWE Champion like two weeks ago. I mean, I get that you don't mean have them show up as a tag team next week, but even over time, we're talking about extracting guys that should be vying for singles titles and making them go for tag titles for no apparent reason. In order for the tag division to be successful, it has to be separate. It can't be a bunch of guys just biding their time until they can go for a singles belt (obviously there will be guys who veer that way over time, but that happens -- it shouldn't be the foundation of your division).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back