The Unification of the Tag Team Titles

#SAWFT

Pre-Show Stalwart
All of this next bit isn't 100% necessary, so you can just skip to the bottom.

Background Infomation

WWE decided to merge the WWE Tag Team Championships and the World Tag Team Championships at WrestleMania XXV, in a match between The Colons and Miz and Morrison. The match itself wasn't that good, but that's just my opinion.

Facts

Since Hunter is "in charge", he has decided that we are going to improve the Tag Team divison, by signing teams from ROH and TNA.

Rumors

Some teams they plan on buying are Kings of Wrestling, Motor City Machine Guns, Beer Money Inc., The Young Bucks and more.

Now that WWE are trying to "revamp" the Tag Team division, I think it would have been better if WWE had kept the titles apart, and on two different shows, because if there is only one set of Titles, the champions will be on almost every show.

So, should WWE have unified the Titles, or kept them separate?

I think at that moment in time it was a good move to unify the tag titles because the teams weren't that good at that time,also some teams were breaking up aswell which mean't less tag teams.When you have had some of the greatest tag teams in history hold the world tag team titles and I think that if you put it on the likes of Santino&Kozlov(Even though they were entertaining) I think it takes some prestige away for the Belt.

Now that they are planning to Revamp the Tag team division,if they do sign these teams then I think they should bring back the World tag Team titles and also keep the WWE tag team titles.I would have the WWE tag team titles on RAW and the World Tag Team Titles on SD! On smackdown the matches would be given more air time which adds that more prestige that there battling for them in a good 15 minunte tag match.So I think it was a good move to Unify them at that time but now is the time or maybe in a few months to bring back the World Tag Team Titles.

All of this next bit isn't 100% necessary, so you can just skip to the bottom.

Background Infomation

WWE decided to merge the WWE Tag Team Championships and the World Tag Team Championships at WrestleMania XXV, in a match between The Colons and Miz and Morrison. The match itself wasn't that good, but that's just my opinion.

Facts

Since Hunter is "in charge", he has decided that we are going to improve the Tag Team divison, by signing teams from ROH and TNA.

Rumors

Some teams they plan on buying are Kings of Wrestling, Motor City Machine Guns, Beer Money Inc., The Young Bucks and more.

Now that WWE are trying to "revamp" the Tag Team division, I think it would have been better if WWE had kept the titles apart, and on two different shows, because if there is only one set of Titles, the champions will be on almost every show.

So, should WWE have unified the Titles, or kept them separate?

Having two lots of tag belts was and is ******ed, even if WWE had a half decent tag division it would be the same teams facing each other, so having one lot of belts means more tag teams can revolve around the belts and opens up more opportunity. Meaning tag teams will have to work hard to reap the rewards (tag belts).

Having two belts isnt that "******ed" (by the way, have you any idea how offensive using that word in that context is! but moving on...) back in the old NWA/WCW days there were two sets of tag belts as far as I remember the U.S tag champions and then the World. I guess the idea was that it refelcted the singles titles. This could work again, having your more experienced and established teams battling it out for the World Title while teams that are less experienced or looking to establish themselves on T.V going after the U.S. It would give the division some kind of feeling of progression ie watching a team come in, win the U.S. titles and then move up to finally win the World titles. The tag division hasnt worked for a number of years so why not try something experimental and see if it works, if it doesnt then you can always Unify them again at a later date.

Keep them unified. The Tag belts currently work just like every other belt should, IMO. One champion, who appears on both shows. Adds a lot more prestige to the belt, and once the tag division actually gets some competitors, they will be much more prestigious as well.

Gotta keep them unified. Truth of the matter is, no matter how many great tag teams the WWE brings in, tag team wrestling is never going to draw like singles wrestling, and therefore it will never get as much time. We rarely see more than one tag team match per week where the teams are composed of ACTUAL tag teams, and not two random faces taking on two random heels. Prior to bringing Kofi and Bourne together, the only teams the WWE had were Otunga and McGillicutty and The Usos, and they barely even competed once a week. If the WWE was indeed able to bring in The Kings of Wrestling, MCMG, and Beer Money Inc. then we might see up to two tag team matches per week, but that's hardly enough to support two... er, four belts.

The more parity you have per championship, the more interesting that title picture becomes. The WWE title always has at least three or four legitimate contenders, while the Tag Team Championships rarely have more than two. If the WWE were to split the titles again, it would just mean one more title that nobody cares about because nobody can challenge for it.

Two sets of tag team champions never was a good idea. Now that the Tag Championship value is at an all-time low the idea is even worse. Right now no one cares who holds the tag titles. Well, maybe the wrestlers themselves and their families do, although I doubt it. But if there are 4 guys running around with tag belts, not even those people could possibly care.
The one good thing about the tag team champions is that they get to appear on both shows. There was one team that made good use of that and let you know it. It made them seem important. It made people care. That was the team of Jerishow. For those couple of months while they had the belts, the titles meant something. Hell, they once headlined a PPV.
As soon as they dropped the belts they became worthless again. But I digress.
So no, hell no, the last thing they need is another set of tag champs. Make the current ones mean something first before you even dare consider it.

The belts need to stay unified and dual branded. Back when there were two sets of belts they struggled to find teams to put them on. Deuce and Domino, a tag team who sucked, already in their second or third match defeated London and Kendrick who had held the belts for a year. Where was the logic in that!? Things like that happened a lot. WWE were putting the belts on people who did not deserve them, and there were not enough teams around to need two sets anymore. That is still the case today. Unless they reach the point where there are at least four teams per brand, the belts should stay dual branded and unified. Besides, the team who has the belts can go on both shows which makes the belts more important than they would otherwise be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back