• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Tag Team Title Unification

fishy

Fishy Since I was born!
They teased on Smackdown in the match between Colons and Miz and Morrision, that maybe if Miz and Morrison had won the titles they would unify both belts.

I would actually see this as a very good move for the tag team division. I have always been a fan of tag team wrestling and I think if one set of titles could be defended on all three shows that most be a positive step in the right direction.

Wrestlemania 25 + Tag Team Tourmoil = fantastic excitment

What are your thoughts?

I agree with you 100%! I also think they should do this with the IC/U.S., Womens/Divas, and of course WWE/World championships. Keep the brands seperate, but have one champion for each category and those champions defend on all three shows. Maybe throw the ECW with the IC/U.S. unifications. There are way too many champions!!!

I've been hoping for the unification for more than a year. The tag team division in the WWE is undeniably horrible, with only 3 or 4 legit teams capable of holding gold. Make the titles defended on all 3 brands.

While I think that the Diva's title is being used horribly, I feel that the only title in need of unification at the moment are the tag titles.

I also agree they should try to build 1 credible tag division. They have Miz N Morrisson jumping from show to show so they might as well. They should have the title unification match at Mania.

Yes, it makes perfet sense. As said, Miz and Morrison are are on pretty much every show now, so we know they can handle the schedule. It would also help build new tag teams. Think about it; one month, you've got Cryme Tyme feuding with Miz and Morrison. Mizzorrison win, and while they defend against new contenders on SD!, RAW can have a no. 1 contenders tournament. This would help alot of failed tag team experiments and would improve ring chemistry.

On a side note, on Smackdown I was genuinely surprised when Carlito went over Morrison clean. I was expecting a Bella distraction to be honest. Carlito is really applying himself in the ring lately, but he's just not up to the calibre he was a couple of years ago where he looekd set for a bright upper mid-card future. His body also doesn't look impressive anymore (sure, it wasn't great to begin with) to be honest.

I agree with you 100%! I also think they should do this with the IC/U.S., Womens/Divas, and of course WWE/World championships. Keep the brands seperate, but have one champion for each category and those champions defend on all three shows. Maybe throw the ECW with the IC/U.S. unifications. There are way too many champions!!!

See you guys are all wrong . i am sorry but unification can't work unless you want to kill all the brands together. you guys forget that they defend evey title on houseshows every weekend. how are you suppose to defend 1 world champonship, one ic/us title, 1 womens title, & one tag team title in 2 different palces at the same time ? you can't at all . so what you want can't work unless you want to kill the brands & i don't want that.also tag team wrestling is dead everywhere in america & that includes tna & ROH.WWE does not need to unifu any title at all . let is stay the way it is . tag team wrestling died not because of vince but because most of the new kids in wrestling wanted to be single superstars not a tag team wrestler at all.

They should take Morrison and Carlito from the mid-card and put them into the Main event
Carlito was almost there until he screwed it up by talking about going to TNA
but yes I do believe that A title unification would be a good thing, because quite frankly, the tag team division is getting horrible, they need something like this to spark something.

They should take Morrison and Carlito from the mid-card and put them into the Main event
Carlito was almost there until he screwed it up by talking about going to TNA
but yes I do believe that A title unification would be a good thing, because quite frankly, the tag team division is getting horrible, they need something like this to spark something.
no ,A title unification would be bad thing because that only means one brand will have a tag team champions on it at house shows . you guys forget that they defend evey title on that brands house show . most of the time raw & smackdown house shows are at least 5 to 6 hours away from each other. so there is no way to have the tag champions on both house shows at all . so it won't work with out killing the brands & that is just not cool.

Miz and Morrison are already the top "work monkeys" in the business today, bar none, so to have them continue on three tv shows would be fine. As far as house shows are concerned, no one said the tag team champions had to be at every house show. You could still have tag team matches, just not always involving Miz and Morrison. And the matches between them and the Colons do have the potential to one day be great.

The best thing to do for the tag team division is to unify the belts. There are only a handful of tag teams that can be considered true 'Tag Teams'. Miz and Morrison, Dibiase and Rhodes, Carlito and Primo, and Cryme Tyme are the only credible tag teams the WWE has. One belt between the teams should be sufficient.

Remember the good ol' days of tag teams back in the late '80 and '90's? There was one tag team title for Demolition, Natural Disasters, the Hart Foundation, the Rockers, Bushwackers, Beverly Brothers, and the Brainbusters. It'll be more prestigious with one belt for ALL programs.

I agree. I think the belts should be unified as well. The glory days of the tag team division are long past. I dont think WWE should scrap the tag team division entirely...but
it makes sense to unify the belts. Mizorrison are already on 3 shows as it is. I think it would be cool for the tag titles to roam from show to show. It would create a new dynamic for the tag team division, especially if the awesome tag team gimmick matches like the TLC matches were fired back up.

The WWE & World tag team titles should be unify because they dont have enough tag teams for one brand, let alone 3 brands. After the Colons-Miz/Morrison match on last weeks Smackdown, which the Colons won, Colons then should get a shot at Miz/Morrison's tag team titles maybe as soon as this weeks Smackdown & Miz/Morrisom would retain their titles & they'll continue the feud until Wrestlemania XXV where they should have a match with both titles on the line, with whoever wins takes both tiltles unifying the tag team titles

I think they should definitely unify the Tag Team Belts. There simply aren't enough teams to justify having two championships anymore. It seems that Vince has finally noticed this with Miz & Morrison feuding with the Colons.

They should have a match at Wrestlemania to unify the titles and stick with just having 1 Tag Team title because there are only about 4 teams in the entire company.

With the way the tag division is going right now i think they just need to end it all together.There are about 4 or 5 tag teams left as people before me have posted.I think that they should get rid of both tag titles and maybe build up a new title over time.

The best thing to do for the tag team division is to unify the belts. There are only a handful of tag teams that can be considered true 'Tag Teams'. Miz and Morrison, Dibiase and Rhodes, Carlito and Primo, and Cryme Tyme are the only credible tag teams the WWE has. One belt between the teams should be sufficient.

Remember the good ol' days of tag teams back in the late '80 and '90's? There was one tag team title for Demolition, Natural Disasters, the Hart Foundation, the Rockers, Bushwackers, Beverly Brothers, and the Brainbusters. It'll be more prestigious with one belt for ALL programs.

Agreed totally, and have said it in lots of ther posts relating to unification of titles and bringin back prestige.

On the flips side though, the good ole days there was only one WWF it wasn't split into 3 and there was no 3 televised weekly shows as such also they were getting paid a shit load less, wrestling alot less so WWF could afford to house 50 odd guys comfortably and everyone getting a shot. Lastly they were going all out since the money was rolling in with the boom period.

The territories were starting to close thanks to Vince McMahon so he had lots of extra guys to use.

And those that made it WWF had ability and weren't all selfish like current wrestling where noone wants to look bad or job.

Tag-Title matches were up there with Intercontinental matches due to the large number of contenders. was always fresh. They even outshined the WWF title matches on many occasion, due largely to, ya knew what was gonna happen in a Hogan Match

i say yes.

theres not enough tag teams to warrant 2 titles... >_>
seriously, who have we got?

Miz + Morrison
The Colons
Kendrick and Izekial
Finlay and ... Hornswoggle? :S
Hawkins and Ryder... if they still have their jobs -_-

so 2 DECENT teams, 3 others and a bunch of mash-up teams (Kofi and Punk)

YEP! UNIFY THE SHIT!

WWE needs to unify the tag belts simply because the tag team division is so weak these days. Back in the attitude era you had so many teams competing like E&C Hardy Boyz Dudley Boyz APA and of course The New Age Outlaws. They're not as many teams and the tag belts rarely get defended anyways.

I think the wwe's tag team division has hit rock bottom.

the titles are hardly ever defended on PPV

and then u look at the current tag teams and the only team that is competent is miz and morrison.

its embarassing for the wwe when u look at the history of Tag team wrestling

like recently history
during the 2000's the wwe had
1) The Dudleys
2) The Hardys
3) Christian & Edge

The matches between those team were amazing

then u've had the likes of Chris Jericho Eddie Guerrero Chris Benoit RVD Kane Booker T Goldust mix it up to make good depth in the Tag Team Division

We also need to see better matches for the tag team divisions

wat ever happened to Tag Team Tournaments or Tag Team Tables matches or four way elimantion tag team matches.

The WWE needs to look at improving the tag team division cause right now the only part of the shows and PPV that are worth watching is the major title matches like World heavyweight and WWE Championship

The tag team division is very weak within the WWE. Outside Miz and Morrison, Cryme Tyme, and the Colons there is really no competition, unless two mid-carders are thrown together. WWE needs to bring back the days where the tag team belts had prestige.

They should unify the tag titles unless they are planning on having a big resurgance in tag teams which isn't likely. There aren't that many tag teams as many of you have stated. Having two titles to split between a handful of teams is just silly. Having one set of titles for this few teams would be plenty and allow more variety instead of seeing Miz & Morrison face Cryme Tyme, then Carlito & Primo. Face it, that has been the extent of the tag division recently. I disagree with mrstlouise in saying that they couldn't have one set of titles because they are defended at seperate shows. Well I should clear that statement up I suppose. I agree that they can't defend them at two seperate shows hours apart from each other on the same night. But if the champs are defending them against the team they have been having a fued with at the time, then there is no need for them to be defended on both shows on one night. The tag champs and number one contenders are the only ones that need to face off for the titles - then at the other house show, just have a regular tag match. They can switch between Raw & SD house shows to showcase the title match. It was that way before there were two sets of titles and if it worked then, it can work now. Also, you are wrong in saying that they have to have tag title matches at both house shows, I have been to many house shows and they only have tag title matches on a rare occasion in my experience.

Apparently the tag titles are gonna be unified at Wrestlemania in a match between the Colons and the Miz and Morrison. the need to add something to the match though or it'll just be what we've been seeing on Smackdown for the last few weeks. add Cryme tyme to it, as they're the only other team getting any sort of air time at the moment, (Priceless dont count as they're just there to make Trips look good). Or make it a ladder match. just add something to what we've already seen.

Yeah, would be good to see a gimmick added, or another team. I think it'd be good to just have the Colons and Miz&Morrison though, an awesome ladder match would be good but there's already MITB. Maybe they could do a table match, been ages since I've seen one of those, don't know.

They need something though so it's different to what we've seen the past 4 weeks.

Yeah, would be good to see a gimmick added, or another team. I think it'd be good to just have the Colons and Miz&Morrison though, an awesome ladder match would be good but there's already MITB. Maybe they could do a table match, been ages since I've seen one of those, don't know.

They need something though so it's different to what we've seen the past 4 weeks.

I agree with MDPUNK. In fact, why not just add every team and take out the divas battle royal. Just make a normal divas match for one or both of the belts, then bring back old teams and new to help the WWE with its lacking tag division. What would you rather see, old women who no longer look like they once did, or old wrestlers who don't wrestler like they did, but you remember more than these divas. Image Money Inc. and The Acolytes and Too Cool for one night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back