Hail to the King -- On Your Knees, Dogs

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
- As noted before, The Baltimore Sun wrestling writer Kevin Eck has been hired by WWE for the creative team. Eck will be the person that works with Triple H on talent grooming that we have wrote about recently. Word is that Eck will start with WWE the day after SummerSlam.

- Triple H is serious on introducing new talents through vignettes and promos. It's also being said that Triple H is interested in reviving the WWE Tag Team division. Word is that they are really starting to recruit tag teams and see if some names are under contract to other promotions.

There has been talk internally about The Brisco Brothers but they are signed to Ring of Honor. There has also been a lot of talk about TNA's Beer Money and bringing them in once they are able to get away from TNA.

Regarding the Kings of Wrestling - Chris Hero & Claudio Castagnoli coming, the talk is that they will indeed be brought in together as a tag team and not singles wrestlers.
Standard smark complaints finally being addressed? The nose knows.

Did Sly tie you to a chair and beat you love of tag team wrestling out of you? He does that sometimes.

I was surprised when Max Buck wasn't a drooling moron when he was a guest commentator a while back, so there might be hope for me yet.

Actually, it might have been Jeremy. Get me - I actually know their names!

Until it actually happens I wouldn't hold my breath. I do not really see room for a thriving tag team scene in the way WWE likes to do things.

Tag team wrestling is something I really miss. I've been told, about a thousand times, why it's no longer featured. Doesn't mean I don't want to see it revived.

Is this by the same people that still think one wrestler draws?

Whenever a tag team wrestling thread is created, spam or non-spam, several people come in and tell us why it's dead. I don't disagree with why it's no longer featured. However, I do disagree with the idea that it can't be an important part of the show. It most certainly can be.

It's not that divisions In wrestling are dead, it's that the people in charge don't know how to book or promote a company outside of the main event scene. Even then I question how well they do that. The best thing that could possibly happen for the business is a guy like HHH running the show.

Kings of Wrestling are a given. The Briscoe's in WWE? I'd prefer to see All Night Express before The Briscoe Brothers.

Nice to see Paul is gradually getting his thoughts into the open; if this happens that is.

Remember, Triple H is the one that said that the WWE Developmental system sucks. And, um, ya, it sucks, bad. Has FCW produced anyone interesting in the slightest? Quick answer, no. Hell, OVW gave us some stars, but since the switch to Florida, nothing has come from it.

It's no surprise that Triple H is looking outside of the WWE to shake things up a bit. The WWE system is stale, the stars they are creating are bland bodybuilders with next to zero charisma and personality. Triple H taking guys from ROH, and TNA would be a much needed boost.

Still, the WWE has far more problems then just lack of a tag division. The WWE is in an identity crisis. They can't figure out if they want to be the little kid supershow selling action figures for Mattel, or the adult oriented prime time television show. This waffling hurts the product more then anything.

Florida hasn't produced that many stars, Ziggler is probably one of the top ones and he was only in Florida development for a couple months after they made the switch from Ohio. Wade Barrett and the whole Nexus asides Danielson can be credited as coming from FCW; only two had spent time in Ohio.

Hunter probably sees something that Vince doesn't. Right from the off-set his first credited signing was the biggest draw in Mexico and one of the biggest in all of wrestling in Mistico, WWE even recognized Mistico for being an "International Superstar." Only the odd months later and the reports come out about KOW, then Jimmy Jacobs, now Colt Cabana seems to be edging on a return and according to this report, Beer Money.

Maybe HHH looks at the other companies, sees talent in the young talent they don't and is aiming on taking those names and transforming them into WWE products. Jon Moxley signed with WWE two months after HHH took charge and Moxley was the biggest thing on the indies after Richards, Edwards, KOW and Strong.

I think it's quite simple - a good show draws money. A quality tag division isn't going to hurt business.

Exactly. Especially now. A stagnant point in the ratings (ZOMG RATINGS DROPPED FROM 3.2 to a 3.15!!!!!) you should try something. Hell they were able to do it on one show for so many years. Now that there is two they can't? Put the effort in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back