Royal Rumble

Who do you want to win the royal rumble match?

• John Cena

• Dean Ambrose

• Roman Reigns

• Daniel Bryan

• Triple H

• Seth Rollins

• Bray Wyatt

• Dolph Ziggler

• Randy Orton

• Rusev

• The Rock

• Batista

• Sting

• Cesaro

• Other..

Results are only viewable after voting.

roipdh123

Getting Noticed By Management
So in about 2 months it's the Royal Rumble time and of course it's the time for the annual Royal Rumble match.

Now there are a lot of options that the WWE can go with the winner of this match - but which one will you prefer?

I picked Reigns, but I think it might be Ziggler or Ambrose. Depends on how ready Reigns is when he comes back.

Everyone knows that I want to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN face Brock Lesnar for the title and retire as champion. Since he can't come back full time, the best way to make it happen is to have him win the Royal Rumble. Then the match is a lock and we can spend time building towards it.

I'd prefer Cesaro. I could see him and Brock putting on a good match and the build up to the match up could be interesting since Cesaro was a former Heyman guy while Brock is still a Heyman guy.

Unfortunately WWE is doing with Cesaro what they wanted to do with Bryan but failed.

Everyone knows that I want to see HOLLYWOOD HULK HOGAN face Brock Lesnar for the title and retire as champion.

Good god what an awful idea. I love Hogan but for the sake of sanity keep him far away from the ring as possible.

I'd like to see Rollins pull it off. Reigns is overrated and Ambrose dosent need the victory.

I picked 'other' and among those others I pick CM Punk. It will be very huge return and the reason I choose Punk is The Vince being sorry for what happened and most importantly his return will boost Network subscriptions and ya ,, ratings as well.

I'm fine with Reigns winning. I can easily get behind him and I do think there is enough there for him to beat Brock. He might not be ready but he's got three months where he can work with a good range of people. The only issue is if the crowd reject him which I think will happen. There is a good chance people will boo him at Mania and cheer Brock but it depends on booking and whatnot.

Ambrose would be another fine choice. He too has a lot of potential and him v Brock would be a great contest.

John Cena is always an option. Maybe he loses at TLC and then is forced to enter the Rubmle. I've really enjoyed their feud so having it culminate at Mania would make sense. Sure it wouldn't be ideal with the future in mind but it would be entertaining.

I reckon Reigns will win the Rumble and I'm all for it. If it was who I completely prefer; probably along the lines of a Cesaro or Ziggler. Sure because I like them but because their window of opportunity is slowly closing. Not only do Reigns and Ambrose have the company fully behind them but they have time on their side.

I picked Ambrose. If they want to bring up his past like they're doing with Bray Wyatt then they'll want to bring up all the crazy things he's done in the past. If he does win, all they have to do is establish the fact that he will do ANYTHING to beat Lesnar. Maybe along the lines of Mankind where he has an "alter ego" aka Jon Moxley, who somehow is even crazier, ala Cactus Jack over Mankind. Having watched some of his previous work in CZW, which anyone can look up on YouTube, including some of his promos, and it'll be very easy to suspend disbelief that he can beat Lesnar. They want to establish him as the "Lunatic Fringe", this is the best way to do it.

I have no doubt Regins is ready. What I doubt is whether the fans are ready for Reigns. That's where I feel another year is needed. If you're going to go down the road of having somebody cost Cena the match against Lensar (which I'm against, by the way. We've already had Cena 'nearly' beat Lensar, no need for Cena to be protected further) I think it should be Reigns. Reigns needs that heel run before WWE really run with him. (much like the Rock's corporate champ phase in 1998/99)

So you have Reigns cost Cena the title. Then Cena comes down & costs Reigns the Rumble later that same night.

As for the winner of the Rumble? Bryan, & it's not even close.

I'm using a loophole to vote for Bray Wyatt: you didn't specify it had to be this year.

I don't want him to win this year, it would be too soon, but I would like to see him win one down the line because GIVEN THE RIGHT PROGRAM it could be brilliant. The promo's that Wyatt could cut on the champ in the 3 months until Mania would be epic. Especially if someone like Ziggler had finally recently gotten the title. Someone that had worked so hard for it and cherished it so greatly and Bray would have 3 months to countdown to him how he was going to take it all away. Not that he even cared about having the title for himself, he just wanted to take it away from someone else.

I think Reigns is going to win the Rumble but he won't be facing Brock at Mania. Instead, I think Brock drops the title to Cena and Rollins cashes in. Which will pit Reigns agains Rollins at Mania.

I'm using a loophole to vote for Bray Wyatt: you didn't specify it had to be this year.

I don't want him to win this year, it would be too soon, but I would like to see him win one down the line because GIVEN THE RIGHT PROGRAM it could be brilliant. The promo's that Wyatt could cut on the champ in the 3 months until Mania would be epic. Especially if someone like Ziggler had finally recently gotten the title. Someone that had worked so hard for it and cherished it so greatly and Bray would have 3 months to countdown to him how he was going to take it all away. Not that he even cared about having the title for himself, he just wanted to take it away from someone else.

I seriously don't think I could take 3 months of Bray Wyatt going on and on about taking the title off Ziggler. I mean we all know it wouldn't happen anyway, none of his grand plans have ever gone right. Wyatt is almost like that comic book villain with schemes and plans to rule the world, but he is always thwarted in the end.

Besides Wyatt has never seemed interested in any of the titles, he just wants to bore us to death.

Even though this is only about the royal rumble match itself I want to do the ppv as a whole because I have come up with this card that could deliver very strong ratings IMO, my card is:

Pre-Show
1) Tyson Kidd Vs Zack Ryder
Singles Match. Have this match take place on the pre-show for the rumble and then have both of them appear in the rumble later on.

Main Show
1) The Miz & Damien Mizdow (C) Vs Gold & Starrdust
World Tag Team Title Match. Nice little opener and have Gold and Starrdust lose the match to push Miz & Mizdow, I would of put New Day in the match BUT I don't want them to lose momentum or have Miz and Mizdow lose the belts this early.

2) Luke Harper (C) Vs Dolph Ziggler Vs Eric Rowan
Triple Threat Intercontinetal Title Match. Have Harper continue his run as champ and have Rowan enter the feud and him and Ziggler could become embroiled in a number 1 contender match but both get counted out and then both go on to face the champ at the rumble with Harper winning.

3) Rusev (C) Vs Jack Swagger
United Stated Title Match. I couldn't think of anyone to go up against Rusev so I put Swagger in here and have him continue his momentum as champ.

4) Ryback Vs Triple HHH
Singles Match. This match should happen at the Rumble with Ryback going over with outside interference from Sting and then hit the shellshock on HHH to grab the win.

5) Brock Lesnar (C) Vs John Cena
Wwe World Heavyweight Title Mathc. Get this match over with and have Lesnar goover and keep the title till Mania.

6) The Royal Rumble Match.
I would have guys like Reigns, Bryan, Batista, Ambrose, Bray, Van Dam, Rollins, Sheamus and a few others like Rusev and possibly Ryback all enter the rumble to try and make it star studded and makeit more beleavable as to who can win the event, I would have Reigns or Bryan win the rumble as I am torn between the two but if reigns wins this is where he should of broken Kane's rumble record of eliminations and enetered the ruble at an early number so he can go the distance.

I want Roman Reigns to win the Rumble and beat Brock to win the WWE Championship at Wrestlemania. Roman Reigns is the future of this company (along with some others, but their time will come later). They need an alternative to Bryan, and the man is Reigns. The torch will be passed, Justice will be served, and you can Believe That!

I'm almost certain that Roman Reigns will be the man who wins the Royal Rumble this year. It is merely incidental that is he is returning around the same time that the Road to the Rumble is kicking into it's highest gear.

And even thinking about it and going a little further, I think Reigns is the only person outside of Cena or Ryback that I could see working Brock Lesnar from the full-time workers pool. Sure, someone like Triple H or The Rock could do it but it makes much more sense, and makes me much more excited to think that someone who really needs the rub could get it. I honestly think that Roman Reigns could easily pull off a reasonably good match against Brock Lesnar. The power of both men wouldn't mean that Reigns was over-matched. And it would give Reigns the best rub that he is ever likely to get.

For me, it just comes down to who is going to face Lesnar at the Rumble. What is worth mentioning, is that Cena is likely to lose his number one contender title to Seth Rollins at TLC. To this end, it might be likely that they are going to play Cena off as the underdog heading into the Royal Rumble and he will go on to win and get his match with Lesnar. But that's boring. And I would much rather see someone like Reigns or Ryback take on Lesnar instead of seeing someone thing that I have seen numerous times before.

I would say Daniel Bryan because I still really want to see both Bryan win a rumble & Bryan face Lesnar, not to mention Bryan never lost the belt, is still super over & a lot of the other guys on the list have either won the rumble or it's too early for them but it looks pretty uncertain if he'll even be back in time for Mania so that idea is kind of out of the question at this point.

I voted for Dean Ambrose because he is my favorite WWE Superstar & I think a match between him & Lesnar could be absolutely amazing, also I think WWE wants to go with a new guy this year to "crown for the future" so to speak & except for maybe Ziggler, Ambrose is definitely the furthest along & the most over so far.

But thinking about it more I actually think it'd be really cool to see Sting win the Royal Rumble, especially if all the other options are pushing a guy too fast, people who are injured or guys who we've seen win it already. Sting isn't going to have many matches with WWE, even if he wrestles more than just this year's WM & being in the rumble he would not only get to work with a lot of guys that way but it would be a really cool little statistic if he won his first & only rumble. Not to mention it would probably be a really good & easy way to have him get some in-ring practice on a big WWE stage before a big match at Mania. & although I wasn't initially huge on seeing him face HHH, if he was "forced" to face a lot of the younger guys first in the rumble to sort of work/win his way to getting a match with Triple H at WM 31 then I think it would actually make a lot more sense that way.

I would love to see Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins or Roman Reigns win but I can also wait to see that cos all three of these guys have years (hopefully) ahead of them. So i'd have to say Daniel Bryan wins and goes on to fight Brock in the main event of Wrestlemania.

In my opinion Daniel Bryan and Brock Lesnar had the two biggest wins at last years wrestlemania so this year they could include that in their fued and add in that Bryan beat the odds last year but can he do it again?

Like everyone said, it'll probably be Reigns coming out as victor. As a matter of fact I see the Rumble coming down to the 3 Shield members. (If Rollins doesn't face Orton at the Rumble and is in it) with Reigns coming out as victor. Though It would be an awesome swerve if Ambrose were to win it.

But if it was my pick I would go with someone no one expects like Cesaro, a returning Bad News Barrett, or hell a member of the New Day (Not gonna happen)

But it will probably be Reigns or Ambrose.

I'd like to see either Daniel Bryan, Roman Reigns, or The Rock win the Rumble. With the almost certainty that Brock is going to retain at the Royal Rumble, we can eliminate a number of stars from this list seeing that the Wrestlemania match will most likely be heel vs face. Therefore, Wyatt, Rusev, and Rollins probably won't win. Doubtful that Triple H or Sting will win because it looks like the company is steering towards HHH v Sting at WM 31. Highly doubt they'll let Cena win and face Brock again because that match will undoubtedly be overplayed (already kinda is). Cesaro has been put on the back burner so we can cross him off. No way they'll give it to Batista again after everyone's reaction to him winning it last year. Dolph is obviously on the rise, but a win at the Royal Rumble doesn't seem like the direction they'll be going in (look for him to win at TLC and put the IC title on the line at WM).

That leaves us with Bryan, Ambrose, Reigns, Orton, and The Rock. My thinking is that out of these 5, Orton is least likely to win because he'll probably be feuding with Rollins once he returns to action. Ambrose is probably the next least likely candidate, but it's still a posibility. I don't see his feud ending with Wyatt anytime soon, as they're arguably the hottest faces/heels atm. That leaves us with Bryan, Reigns and The Rock. If Bryan returns to action in time it's certainly a possibility that he'll be entered in the Royal Rumble and could be the one pointing at the Wrestlemania 31 sign at the end of the match (always found this corny lol). I think Bryan vs Brock would be a great match, even though the difference in physical stature is insurmountable. Reigns is definitely a good candidate to win at the Rumble after the huge push they gave him at the same event last year, but my only question is if he's ready or not. He's got the in-ring ability, but I worry about his mic skills. His promos just don't feel natural at this point and giving him Royal Rumble and Wrestlemania wins (Brock will most likely lose at WM since his contract will be expiring) could be detrimental to his progression. The last likely candidate to win is The Rock, even though I'm not sure if he's even expected to compete at Wrestlemania this year. Although I think Rock v Brock: Wrestlemania 31 would sell a lot of tickets/subscriptions, my only problem with this is that they'd be bringing back another part timer (no disrespect, I love The Rock) to win the Royal Rumble which kinda diminishes the abilities of the younger, more active competitors. There's a lot of ifs regarding the Royal Rumble winner, but in my own observations, it'll most likely be Bryan, Reigns (especially after winning Superstar of the Year last night), or The Rock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back