Title Unification: Wrestlemania or Royal Rumble

When should the title unification match take place?

• Wrestlemania

• Royal Rumble

• TLC or Elimination Chamber

Results are only viewable after voting.
They Should have the title Unification at Royal Rumble, with the winner being Cena.
The Elimination Chamber winner could get a title match postponed until Extreme Rules.
The Winner of the Royal Rumble would then get a shot at the Undisputed WWE Championship at WM. That man being, a surprise returning Chris Jericho at number 30.

I would love for the Undisputed WWE World Championship Unification Title match to take place at WrestleMania. Unless the plan is to have the Undisputed WWE World Champion face the Royal Rumble winner at WrestleMania, I wouldn’t have it anywhere else but the Grandest Stage Of Them All. TLC and Eliminating Chamber is cool, but I’d rather see the “Big One” at the “Big One”.

It should be a 4 person tournament at Mania - and only 4 guys should get it Cena, Orton, Taker and Jericho (as the first "undisputed champ") 4 of the top Mania guys of the last 15 years.

That way we see Taker v Jericho and Cena break the Streak onthe same night. Taker's last 2 "must see matches" done. Sting? Forget it... Brock, what's the point?

Harsh on Bryan and the like but their time has to be AFTER this Mania... Either let Taker go out as Undisputed champ or have Cena end the streak... at this point it's the only real way to make this happen.

Those who poo poo the idea of Jericho in there should remember, he's had more Mania matches than Cena and Orton, much less Punk and Bryan...and he would offer the "cinderella" aspect that WWE so love. Those 4 guys sell Mania 30 as the biggest event in WWE history, with 4 Wrestlemania's biggest names facing off for all the marbles. Let the Rumble Winner face the new champ the night AFTER Mania, so that way Taker could leave with the belt and drop it to Punk, Bryan or whoever the following night on what would be the biggest ever TV rating in it's history.

Actually, I like THTRobtaylor’s idea better. HAHA!! Y2J!! Undertaker winning 2 matches at WrestleMania, preferably against both Cena and Jericho, since he already face Orton, would be great!! In order for this to happen, Jericho would have to win the Royal Rumble, which I’m all for, Cena and Orton have to hold on to the Straps till Mania and Undertaker can just say “Rest In Peace” and he’s in. With this idea, now I’m excited about the possibilities of the Road to WrestleMania.

It should completely happen at WM. Not only that but this is something that the WWE needs. For those that are saying if there is only one title then Bryan or Punk will never get a title run, you complain if they get a WHC run because its not as prestigious. Why dont you get rid of the less prestigious title and make the one main title even more important. I like the idea of having the RR winner pick which title he wants to go after and have the EC winner get the other shot as normal but have the winners of each go on to face each other. Now you have 3 main events and still have the Taker match and possibly a Michaels vs. Bryan match (dont count that one out).

i say NEVER. i understand the positives of having a unification, but i also see the negatives and it starts with two wrestlers. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan. do you think if there's a title unification that those two guys EVER get a title run with the title??? here's the short answer, no. it's either John Cena, Sheamus, Orton or some other star who WWE feels is bigger. that's why i am not a fan of a unification. it does more harm than good to guys who should get a run (like Bryan) or guys who should be considered for a run (like Sandow). here's what WWE SHOULD do. they should have Cena vs. Orton at the Royal Rumble. make the match Champion vs. Champion. Promote it as the winner being the FACE of the WWE match. i know the positives about one champion which is the midcard titles get pushes, but i also see the negatives and i dont want to see Bryan being a midcard title holder forever which would happen if the titles get unified. what they should do is have two brands (again).

Yes, they will.

You're speaking as if unification means a guy will never be champion. A lot of guys on the roster have already been World Heavyweight or WWE Champion and a unification won't take that away from them. While you can make the argument that Daniel Bryan deserves a run, CM Punk held the World Title three times, and held the WWE Title two times, one of those reigns being for 434 days. He's also had matches with The Rock, Brock Lesnar, and Undertaker. He's already a made man. Sandow isn't ready to be a world champion yet. He's not even ready to hold the World Heavyweight Title in it's diminished state.

Having two World Titles means nothing because those bigger names you claimed will hog the title picture will hold the WWE Title, while others will just be stuck with the World Heavyweight Title as a consolation prize, and you'd just be upset that those guys won't get a chance with the big boy belt. The World Heavyweight Title would just be given to the guys that WWE feel are good, but "not good enough" to hold the WWE Title, the true top prize in the company, and that isn't fair to them.

If Cena unifies the titles, then most likely he's only going to have a short transitional reign. I could see him unifying the belts at the TLC or the Rumble, and then Bryan winning the Rumble match and winning the title from Cena at WM30.

To me, it all depends on who the competitors are. If it's a 1-on-1 between Cena and Orton, then it should happen at the Rumble. Mania is more than 4 months away still, so if last night was the first hint at a title unification match between those 2, it shouldn't be dragged out 4 months because Cena and Orton alone is not a good WrestleMania main event.

Now, if they do what I propose and have Bryan and Punk end up co-winners (like back in 1994) of the Rumble, then a fatal 4-way between Cena, Punk, Orton and Bryan is a pretty damn good main event for Mania.

So in short, if the match is Cena vs Orton...do it at the Rumble.

If it's Cena vs Orton vs Punk and/or Bryan...then Mania it is.

The Title Unification is something that needs to happen. The WWE has way to many titles, and not enough stories to build. The United States Championship and World Titles are both prestigious titles and the great wrestlers of the past have held them. Flair, Sting, Hogan, etc. But the problem is that those belts reflect WCW. WCW is no longer. Those belts need to be retired. Plain and Simple. When there was a brand split, and each show focused in on their respective title, it was different. RAW and Smackdown each had different writers, and story lines, etc. The plots made sense. Now, with no brand split, too many titles and not enough talent and story lines to develop.

I think another thing everyone needs to consider (and some posters alluded to this) is the fact that if they do unify the WWE and World titles, it will make the IC and US titles much more presigious. There was a time when Bret Hart, Shawn Michaels, The Ultimate Warrior were regularly competing for the IC title.

If the unification happens, then I think guys like Punk, Bryan, Orton can all compete for the "midcard" belts, which will no longer be "midcard" titles. If WWE does it right, it could be really awesome actually.

I'm sorry if it has been mentioned elsewhere in the post, but has anyone given any thought that maybe it happens at both events? The idea is simple enough and would fit in the logical progression of a power struggle between Vince McMahon and Triple H.

This is almost like reality playing out on TV. John Cena is the hand-picked guy of Vince McMahon. Randy Orton is the hand-picked guy of Triple H. Well, Vince's return leads to a showdown where he challenges Triple H to see who picked the better "face of the company" - who has the better eye for talent. Thus, the title unification match takes place at The Royal Rumble.

Because McMahon and Helmsley are trying to ensure their guy wins the belt, they interfere in the match - chaos ensues - and no winner is declared (we know WWE creative isn't above this approach...) Because there's no winner, the WWE Board of Directors declare both titles vacant - and immediately announce a 4-man tournament at WrestleMania 30 to unify the belts. If I had to guess, Cena, Orton, Bryan (RR Winner), Punk (EC Winner).

While I hate that his scenario would mean the WWE held up the belts at the Rumble and didn't deliver on the promise of a unification, I do think this would be the biggest thing the WWE could do at WrestleMania in relation to unifying the belts.

The Title Unification is something that needs to happen. The WWE has way to many titles, and not enough stories to build. The United States Championship and World Titles are both prestigious titles and the great wrestlers of the past have held them. Flair, Sting, Hogan, etc. But the problem is that those belts reflect WCW. WCW is no longer. Those belts need to be retired. Plain and Simple. When there was a brand split, and each show focused in on their respective title, it was different. RAW and Smackdown each had different writers, and story lines, etc. The plots made sense. Now, with no brand split, too many titles and not enough talent and story lines to develop.

100 percent agree with this.

the point of the multiple titles was for the brand split with each brand having their hw title, mid-card title and tag title and womans title. we saw years ago the womans title and tag title get merged due to lack of talent.

with the brand split now being dissolved it does not make sense having 2 hw titles and 2 midcard titles as it gets confusing.

unifying the hw and midcard titles is a good thing with talent being back as one shared unit again

I 100% believe it's time for the two titles to be unified. And the competitors are just as good as any. With that said I can see a situation where the WWE pulls one over on the fans by having Cena and Orton each grab their respective titles leading to a draw at TLC and continuing the Unification with some other type of gimmick match at the Royal Rumble.

OMG... Great minds think alike --- I was just thinking the SAME EXACT thing as I read through the discussion posts. WWE will definitly try to pull a fast one like this, as they have become very predictable --- Orton will grab his title, and Cena will grab his title, thus leading this fued continuing through Royal Rumble... then what??? Things are heating up in the WWE "FACE of the Company" Title scene!!!

I have always liked 2 Titles being the focal point of Raw and Smackdown. It gives the top talent something to chase for and can also 'make stars'. However, the more and more I think about it, unifying the Titles would probably give the IC and US belts more air time, more focus and more prestige. The same rules apply for the Tag division.

It does make me wonder where upper mid card talent like Del Rio, Ziggler, Rhodes and Sandow will get their chance at the title. Having 1 belt will see Cena, Orton, Sheamus, Punk, Bryan, Big Show rotate every few months as challengers.

This is how I would book it

Randy Orton wins at TLC and becomes our 'Undisputed Champion'. Cena gets his rematch at the Rumble and once again is screwed out of the Title by the Authority/Shield. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan have a 'Bret/Luger finish' and are co winners of the Rumble.

Triple Threat Match made for Mania 30. Vince returns to WWE and starts his fued with The Authority. He says Cena was screwed twice out of the Title and deserves another shot. Cena is put in the Elimination Chamber with others the Authority and Shield have screwed and winner gets a place in the Main event at Mania. Big Show and Dolph Ziggler are added to the match. As is The Shield.

Orton vs Cena vs Punk vs Bryan for the Undisputed Gold and 'Face of the WWE' at Mania 30.

I don't care about them unifying the titles because i know the exact same thing will happen again. A title will be brought back to make the lower main event people feel important within a matter of time and then the whole unification to have ONE champion would have been meaningless

This^ times 10. They just don't have the same amount of talent or feuds to keep the two titles rotating. They put the World title on a guy like ADR and it destroyed the credibility of the World title. I say unify the titles at WrestleMania (too big for a PPV like TLC). Maybe even throw CM Punk in there to make a triple threat match or something.

This is how I would book it

Randy Orton wins at TLC and becomes our 'Undisputed Champion'. Cena gets his rematch at the Rumble and once again is screwed out of the Title by the Authority/Shield. CM Punk and Daniel Bryan have a 'Bret/Luger finish' and are co winners of the Rumble.

Triple Threat Match made for Mania 30. Vince returns to WWE and starts his fued with The Authority. He says Cena was screwed twice out of the Title and deserves another shot. Cena is put in the Elimination Chamber with others the Authority and Shield have screwed and winner gets a place in the Main event at Mania. Big Show and Dolph Ziggler are added to the match. As is The Shield.

Orton vs Cena vs Punk vs Bryan for the Undisputed Gold and 'Face of the WWE' at Mania 30.

It's a great idea in principle and one I would want to see. However, there is the problem that it becomes very similar to WM16. It really wouldn't surprise me if they had Triple H/Steph with Orton; Vince with Cena and then, maybe the rumours are true, and Shane is in the corner of Bryan. It would be very easy for them to have the McMahon centre of attention which has been the case at several Wrestlemania's.

I do love the idea of a fatal-4-way but it unlikely. It also raises the question could they have booked it like Vengence 2001. One match for the WWE title, one for the World Heavyweight Championship and the winners face off. They could still use those four wrestlers and we would get three fantastic matches.

Like I said, I would definitely be interested in a fatal 4 way match but I wouldn't be shocked to see a simple singles match.

It's a great idea in principle and one I would want to see. However, there is the problem that it becomes very similar to WM16. It really wouldn't surprise me if they had Triple H/Steph with Orton; Vince with Cena and then, maybe the rumours are true, and Shane is in the corner of Bryan. It would be very easy for them to have the McMahon centre of attention which has been the case at several Wrestlemania's.

I do love the idea of a fatal-4-way but it unlikely. It also raises the question could they have booked it like Vengence 2001. One match for the WWE title, one for the World Heavyweight Championship and the winners face off. They could still use those four wrestlers and we would get three fantastic matches.

Like I said, I would definitely be interested in a fatal 4 way match but I wouldn't be shocked to see a simple singles match.

I have no issues with stories being rehashed. A fatal 4 way for the gold is nothing new but then again neither is a singles match 1 on 1.

I really think this match would be the focal point of Mania. Having the 4 biggest stars on the payroll face off in 1 huge match. This is also a way for CM Punk to be in the main event and keep him sweet when contract talks are about to open.

The Authority/McMahon thing doesn't even have to be involved, that could be seperate. Vince is going to handpick someone to represent him against Triple H in my opinion.

If the unification is actually going to happen (which I'm kind of skeptical of) then it needs to be done right and at Wrestlemania. But it definitely shouldn't happen at the Rumble where it will likely overshadow the Rumble match itself or vice versa.

I guess on the WWE Main Event/WWE Superstars (or whatever it's called now) taping, Triple H cut a promo clarifying that his intention is that the match at TLC will be a unification match. However, even though that's what he wants (in the storyline), I still think it ends with them switching belts and that the actual unification will take place at Wrestlemania.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back