• #3 Triple H

• #35 Mike Awesome

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
#3 Triple H vs. #35 Mike Awesome

The following match takes place in Hartford, CT under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

1. Not a popularity contest.
2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)
3. Will crowd be a factor.

#14 Andre the Giant vs. #19 Paul London

The following match takes place in Hartford, CT under normal WCW Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

2. Will rules of a region come into play (Remember, this is old school WCW, so the ring entrance and the ring are on the same level.)

#6 The Legend Killer Randy Orton vs. Dustin Rhodes

#11 The Monster Abyss vs. #43 Superstar Billy Graham

Billy Graham has enough power and intensity to match Abyss. He will slam the big man, he will work the big man, he will pin the big man. I like Abyss - I like his size and agility. But in a WCW region match with no tacks or glass to use, Graham is too much. Billy is in great shape, and can match Abyss in power like few smaller guys can.

Graham wins in 12 minutes.

Two impressive 2nd generation stars. I went with Orton, easy, because I question Dustin's heart and work ethic. I don't think Dustin Rhodes will stand toe to toe with a guy like Orton, who can strike at a moments notice with the RKO. Orton also has more big-match experience at age 28 than Rhodes can boast his whole career.

Orton in 8 minutes.

WOW did Andre get placed in a Cruiserweight Region? This isn't even close, nor funny. Andre will never go down and barely wince. This is a barely-comedic squash.

Andre in <2 minutes.

I'd pay money to see this match happen. Two absolute powerhouses with tremendous endurance and athletic ability. Awesome should be EXHAUSTED after barely sneaking by Tully Blanchard, and a fresh HHH is dangerous. Add the fact that this is WCW rules, and Awesome made most of his name in ECW. I give Awesome the green light to get some great offense in, and the match will be closer than people think, but in the end, HHH remains on the throne.

HHH in 17 minutes.

Well said IC, as I can remember one of Rhodes' biggest matches was against...Ahmed Johnson? for some hardware he lost.

Orton in 6 minutes with a punt kick to end the legend of *deep inhalation* Goldust. *CHOMP*

Well said IC, as I can remember one of Rhodes' biggest matches was against...Ahmed Johnson? for some hardware he lost.
Yeah, except for those WCW United States title matches he had against Ricky Steamboat and Rick Rude, or the matches he had against Steve Austin and Arn Anderson, or the numerous tag team belts he wrestled for.

Orton vs. Rhodes? I have to go with Rhodes. Much more skilled wrestler, smart in the ring, and definitely connects with the deep south WCW fans better.

People who vote Orton probably don't even know Dustin Rhodes before Goldust.

Yeah, except for those WCW United States title matches he had against Ricky Steamboat and Rick Rude, or the matches he had against Steve Austin and Arn Anderson, or the numerous tag team belts he wrestled for.

Orton vs. Rhodes? I have to go with Rhodes. Much more skilled wrestler, smart in the ring, and definitely connects with the deep south WCW fans better.

People who vote Orton probably don't even know Dustin Rhodes before Goldust.

I knew Rhodes well before Gold Dust. I damn well remember the matches you speak of and the US Title reign. And he was fair. I think a decent amount of credit for Rhodes' matches go to the opponents as well. Steamboat and Rude are all time greats. I'll even reference Steve Austin making Rhodes look good in US Title feuds. Arn Anderson could make Khali look great.

Wasn't Dusty Rhodes on the booking team at the time of Dustin's US Title reign?

He works a fair match, but Orton is coming into his own just fine and puts on a stronger match. In the Rhodes family, I think we'll see Cody with more raw talent and work ethic than Dustin.

I stick by my vote for Orton.

#4 The Phenomenal AJ Styles vs. #29 Black Machismo Jay Lethal

The following match takes place in Atlanta, GA under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

2. Will rules of a region come into play

#13 The British Bulldog Davey Boy Smith vs. #45 Tyson Tomko

The following match takes place in Atlanta, GA under normal WWE Rules. Debate and follow the rules, no spamming please.

#5 Christian Cage vs. #28 One Man Gang

#12 The War Machine Rhino vs the Great Muta

Results are here

Keiji Muto is one of the all time greats that when compared to anyone else other than an Andre, a Hogan, a Flair, a Brody, an Austin or a Bret Hart or HBK. There is not a match up in his section where he would not only hold his own but come out victorious. The Mist itself when he is Muta is a great show. The little Kids in the audience would be scared shitless by the painted facial design. Looking at it from a physical point of view. Rhino would be lucky to get the win if he caught Muta with a lucky spear. But Muta will win this one by virtue of being that damned awesome in ring. Shining Wizard into a Muta Lock for the win.

As hard as it is for me to say, gotta go with cage here. OMG wasnt really good per se, he was just a very lovable heel lol.

Christian is basically superior in every catergory you can grade a wreslter in. He would have some tough time with the gang becuase of the vast size difference, but I think Christian cheats his way to a cheap win somehow.

Dustin never ever participated in the profile of matches that Orton has, and to say so is crazy. That is to say that the WCW US title is of the same profile as the WHC and the WWE title??? And that those feuds were of the same caliber as feuds with John Cena, and Triple H, which is just simply incorrect.

And like IC25 says, Those high profile matches were with some of the best wrestlers of all time, some of the people who were the best sellers of all time, some of the best at make someone else look good of all time.

Wether it was face in WCW, or heel in WWE, he was never near the top in either catergory werever he went. Orton is being pushed as the companys top heel, and is a 2 time champion, at age 28, and is currently involved in a heated feud over the top title in the buisness, against the top draw in the buisness. All things dustin cant say he ever did. Orton FTW.

This would be, simply amazing. Two of my favorites of all time going at it here.

Trips would take this though, as my Mike Awesome love parade must end. If it were ECW I may giove him a better chance, but Trips is much more the ring general, and the smaller ring would only work to his advantage. Trips is just better in pretty much every catergory besides overall athleticism than awesome, and Trips is much much more high profile and decorated, being an 11 time world champion. Trips ftw, in a great match.

oh WOW. FUCK no. lol...Andre would barely notice London was even there. This is an enormous squash. hopefully London wouldnt be out of action for a long time with injury after this. May be a record breaker. Cant see it taking more than one offensive move to put this away.

Results are here

Anyone that votes for Paul London is a Serious Mark. This is a match where Popularity will play no part in this match up. Andre will win this one well before London gets an Offensive move in. This is a shame as London is bloody good. but in a Match against a Giant there is no chance he will have.

Results are here

This would be a dream match if both of these guys were meeting up. But I have to go with Triple H on this one as the match up plays right into Triple H's hands after that brutal match that Mike Awesome would have had over Tully Blanchard. This is a sad thing because Awesome was Awesome. But Triple H goes on with a Pedigree in around 20:00.

London's only shot is if he buys Andre 4 cases of cheap wine before the match, causing Andre to grab a short nap in the ring for London to get the pinfall. Other than that - 20 seconds tops.

I don't think this match needs commenting on but I may as well considering TNA wrestlers are the only people I'm sure of in the world of professional wrestling today.

Obviously, Styles will win. I doubt anybody will dispute that. However, Lethal is very much underrated. People say he didn't need the Black Machismo gimmick. He did. Without it he was bland. Kaz bland. Great in-ring performer, but plain rice is also a nutritious dish. Styles has just done so much more though. The six-sided ring is his domain. There's nothing unfamiliar in this environment for the phenomenal one to fear. It wouldn't be a walk, as Styles would be kind enough to make it entertaining for us, going as far to pick up Lethal's lifeless body and make him wrestle.

EDIT: Wait, this isn't even in TNA. Still, AJ wins.

Results are here

I like Abyss. but I am going to go with Superstar Billy Graham. So far ahead of his time in terms of Gimmicks. He has the Power to match up. Abyss has the ability but this will be a fairly shortish match but the Superstar takes this one and goes on to Round three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back