Round 1, Day 4, Hartford, CT

The Game vs. the Wildman

• #3 Triple H

• #62 Marc Mero

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Man, I really dig Billy Graham, but Tito Santana is another one of those guys in the 80's that was over looked and much, much better then he is given credit for. It's a shame that the only "world" title he received was a pre-ECW ECW championship that was hot potatoed between himself, and Don Muraco. If TNA is WWE Reject land, then you might want to look at ECW in it's early days.

Anyways, Santana was damn good in the ring and was always a good match during the first decade of Wrestlemania. Graham is damn impressive, but he was more known for the gimmick then the ring stuff. He could be brutal at times, but I think Santana has enough.

Results are here

So an ECW Triple Crown winner is going, going gone. He did have good matches they just happened to be at the end of his career when he was Wrestling in his weight class. Andre is Andre and he could crush almost everyone that he comes up against including Triple H, Stone Cold, Ric Flair, Hogan, Cena and others that would be a threat because of their modern popularity. Andre before he got broken down due to his Acromegaly and his refusal to be treated for it. But go find the Andre the Giant DVD with a list of his matches before he became the truly Broken Down giant of Wrestlemania 3. He was still broken down towards the end of the DVD but he is a better match up when he was healthy for almost every single Wrestler in the tournament except for Big Show and Undertaker. Who could both possibly knock Andre off his feet but against Whipwreck Andre will dominate.

Results are Here

Im going to have to go with Mike Awesome on this one as he is almost the perfect combination of things the you would think would be pushed by Vince McMahon and Others due to his size and ability. I don't get it really. But Awesome is one of those Wrestlers from ECW that didn't need weapons they just added to his arsenal look at the matches with Masato Tanaka. Not just the ones conducted under ECW but in Japan and at ONS as well. The matches involved weapons as it was logical to do so to put the other guy away. Awesome didn't need it he just had it. Mike Awesome had the IT factor. This is taking nothing away from Blanchard, I Just see Mike Awesome winning this. and it isn't really an upset.

I have pleaded my case already but I hope some last minute votes come in. I have been watching this one closely. If Tully doesn't take Awesome down I know Flair's other buddy HHH will later on. I appreciate the advise on Gladiator I did watch some matches but I still think Tully is the better wrestler and he not a lightweight that Awesome can just throw around.

Mike Awesome, was just simply amazing. I cant understand for the life of me how he never got pushed in a major promotion, I mean something mainstream of course.

I like Tully Blanchard, as he was a highly skilled competitor, but he never really did much outside of tag teaming. Awesome on the other hand was an ECW champ, and an incredible athlete, and preformer, and put on some absurdly good, entertaining matches with Masato Tanaka. Awesome for sure in this one.

I can't believe so many people are voting for Mike Awesome.

I love Mike Awesome. He was, as his name would imply, freakin' awesome.

But you're trying to tell me that in any ring in any federation on any planet, Tully Blanchard would lose to Mike Awesome? No. Not gonna happen. No booker on the face of the planet would do that, ever.

I know this tournament is fantasy and all and some people judge the matches solely on wrestlers in ring ability, but this is just plain unrealistic.

God knows HBK was not the greatest in ring wrestler of all time, but he won the tournament last year because of more then that. Tully Blanchard had more then that.

Awesome was a jobber everywhere he went but ECW and Japan. Everywhere. Against a legend who defined in-ring excellence while guys like Warrior and Hogan were stinking up the joint in terms of in ring wrestling.

I'm sorry, but a vote for Mike Awesome here is just plain unrealistic and wrong.

Besides, Tully has the Four Horsemen. Who does Awesome have? Team Canada?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back