Round 1, Day 4, Hartford, CT

Discussion in 'The 2nd Annual WrestleZone Tournament (2008)' started by Shocky, Jan 28, 2008.

?

The Game vs. the Wildman

1. #3 Triple H

2. #62 Marc Mero

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MattButcher

MattButcher The Final Word

I'd like to vote for Tully, but in the end I think Awesome's power overcomes Tully's superior wrestling skills. No chairs or tables necessary, Awesome by spine shattering Awesome bomb.

2. Y 2 Jake

Y 2 Jake Slightly Autistic

Balls is by far a better wrestler. Rhodes always sucked. This is a wrestling tournament not a gimmick one. Balls should totally dominate this. The only thing worse than Dustin Rhodes is Dusty. Both are Balls.

3. Y 2 Jake

I hate to vote for HHH. He was entertaining from 197-98 but other than that he's sucked balls. But Mero was Jonny B. Badd. And not even I could get behind that. I remember having a poster of him and Van Hammer in my bedroom when I was a kid. I was a different man back them. Where is Van Hammer in this thing anyway?

4. Y 2 Jake

Doink. Ask yourself. Was he ever really given an oppertunity? I was always entertained by him. I thought heel Doink was really creepy. Orton on the other hand is a dissapointment, in the ring and out. One good gimmick match in 2004 and a couple of strong performances recently. Well he is the champ. But he's average in every aspect, unlike Doink. Also Doink could well be anybody so you can't define him as being worse than Orton. But Nick Dinsmore has been Doink so you can define him as better.

5. Y 2 Jake

I've not seen much of Andre outside of WWE. But I used to love Whipwreck. All the Hardy fans should vote for him. He sells just as well as Hardy and he did a variation of him gimmick before him. Bad wrestler but from what I've seen Andre was as well. Although I base that off broken down Andre.

6. Y 2 Jake

Hero is currently one of the best things on the indy scene. Abyss on the other hand is boring. He's single handedly made tac bumps unintresting. Same thing every match. But not in a good way. He has the talent to do more. But he doesn't.

7. Y 2 Jake

ROH misses London. The WWE version you see is not the same. Still great, but by far not the same man. I alsways liked Kanyon. But because of the lisp he would never have been taken seriously as a main event wrestler. Never understood why WWE didn't go with the Mortis gimmick though. Kanyon is my favorite gay wrestler. FACT. Still voted for London though.

8. Mighty NorCal

Mighty NorCal SHALL WE BEGIN?

Mortis was fuckin badass lol. I never understood why everyone hates Kanyon so bad, he was pretty innovative on offense. Ive never seen anything besides the jobber version of london, so I will pick him to looooose this one. Wouldve made a fine Nitro opener to mid card match (I say nitro, becuase that was the best version of Kanyon.

9. Mighty NorCal

there is no way ever Whipwreck beats andre. they couldnt even make this seem physically possible, seriously. Andre squashes him, quickly, maybe not even two minutes. whipwreck was nothing much more than a gimmick, while Andre was legendary.

10. Mighty NorCal

Randy Orton would utterly destroy doink the clown lol. epsecially the face one. I think they really fucked up turning doink face, the heel version was awesome, and genuinely creepy. Anyone who ever portrayed doink, especially the original heel version, was very good at selling and taking bumps, but Orton is Orton, and the current world champ. a lil under his potential as faras he could probably be a lot better than he is, but any day, he is still better than doink.

11. Mighty NorCal

Yea, Trips absolutely murders Johnny B bad, the wildman marc mero. This would be sad, and a total overmatch. Trips is tons more talented in ring, and the smaller WCW ring would just make it a faster close in for trips. Pedigree in under 5.

12. wweman1

wweman1 Aussie all the way

Definatly an orton win here. Randy is the current WWE champ and former world champion and Doink wasnt even set up to be a main eventer. just a mid carder. Winner here has to be orton

13. wweman1

wweman1 Aussie all the way

My vote is for the game because he was way over back during the late 1990s with dx n such. Triple H was definatly more talented than Mero in the ring and more entertaining. winner HHH

14. IrishCanadian25

IrishCanadian25 Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

I, too, went with Kanyon. Having never seen London in ROH, I went with a guy I've seen bring about some pretty cool moves to WCW. I am aware he probably invented none of them and they all were indy scene moves at one time or another. But he brought them mainstream, and the "Innovator of Offense" gimmick (not sure if that came before or after "Innovator of Violence" for Dreamer) was a great fit. Kanyon handled himself well in lots of match types, so I give him the nod in a great contest.

15. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

Come on horsemen fans. Let's jump on the Tully Bandwagon. I do think that this match and Vader/Windham are two of the best 1st round matches. However Tully will slow the big man down. As far as the speed thing goes he did wrestle Ricky Morton who is much quicker than Awesome.

16. conman

conman Dark Match Jobber

Mickey Whipwreck beating Andre the Giant would be ridiculously unbelievable. Just imagine if a guy like Rey Mysterio Jr. beat guys like Kevin Nash, Paul Wight... wait a minute....

17. MC Damn

MC Damn Guest

Dude not A populraity contest.Tully may slow the big man down but Awesome sheer power makes its default.Its dosn't matter.Awsome could also you the ramp to his advantage as I have noted before.What could Tully do with it?Not much.

The crowd may also become fustrated with Tullys slow style thus making comments thowards Tully.Tully gets distracted and 1..2..3.Winner Mike Awesome.

You do put up a good arguement tarp.

18. tarp

tarp Pre-Show Stalwart

I agree that is not a popularity contest. I think Awesome is more known these days. I do want people to remember that other than the Naitch Tully was probably the next direst player in the game. He knows how to cheat and when to do it behind the refs back. Also remember JJ Dillion is in his corner. I agree it has been fun arguing this. I'm just glad it's as close as it is. Peace out Elmo Kid. Four Horsemen ruled!

19. Shocky

Shocky Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz

Never fear Marc Mero fans, Uncle Shocky is here, to join the Triple H voters. I mean come on, honestly, what the hell did Johnny B. Badd ever do interesting for the business besides come out as such a "great" spokesman for why the business is evil. Mero sucked, plain and simple. Triple H probably wants a legit piece of Mero just to shut his pie hole up once and for all.

20. Shocky

Well, as much as I'm for technical wrestling and all that jazz, Tully Blanchard just never did anything for me outside of his tag wrestling. This is coming from a guy whose father sat his ass in front of the TV to watch WCW Saturday night everyweek, just to get the Hogan out of me. My dad was a big NWA and Flair fan, like I am, maybe not to the extent of most, but Blanchard never got the rub. He doesn't have the intensity of an Arn, or the ability of a Flair.

Awesome on the other hand is exactly what his name implies. I challenge people to find some of his Gladiator stuff, or even his ECW stuff. The guy doesn't needs weapons. He's athletic as hell for a big guy. He can pull off an amazing Superman, maybe only beaten by the Undertaker's version. The guy is raw power and all intensity, and I really see him taken care of the Horseman.

21. Shocky

Man, don't let the images of Andre the Giant during the Vince McMahon Jr. Era be your judgment of the big man. The guy used to be able to move, and fairly quickly for a huge guy like himself. Is he going to beat anyone on the mat, probably not,but most guys aren't goign to be able to take the Giant off his feet.

Mikey Whipwreck is terrible. Honestly, what did the guy do besides be a lacky of Cactus Jack that just happened to get a good rub. he was a walkign joke, and one of the reasons why ECW was good, but never was goig to be taken seriously.

22. Shocky

I also went with Kanyon. I simply don't understand why people think Paul London is so great, Brian Kendrick for that matter as well. The guys are small, and not really good. Dean Malenko was small, but small and probably the most talented wrestler walkign the planet still to this day. It takes an exceptional small non luchadore to compete with a big guy.

I'm also on the liking Mortis train. I really thought some of the moves he busted out in WCW in 1997 were amazing. The guy was innovated as hell, and most of the moves became mainstay in the business after Kanyon introduced them here stateside. I think he gets a bum wrap because of his shit gimmicks.

23. Shocky

It's amazing how someone like Randy Orton can look so damn good in 2004, then get buried, and nearly take almost 4 years to get back to where he once was. The guy is talented, and understands the business, but the ego of being a third generation guy gets in his way. Does Randy Orton rely a ton on rest holds, you bet he does. But Randy Orton sells like no other in the business.

And as far as Doink, people like to rip into this gimmick, and justifiably so. But the heel Doink in 1993 was awesome, fucking awesome. The facial changes and the way taht Bobby Heenan talked about his were superb. A clown gimmick is stupid, but Heenan made it out like there was one sick mother fucker under that make up.

But anyways, I had to go with Doink. Dink the Clown ruined it for me. Dink vs. Hornswoggle coming up.

24. Shocky

See I never thought that Dustin was that bad in the ring. The Curtain Call was a pretty solid finisher, and he's always been a pretty decent worker. 1996 Era Gold Dust was one of the better things that the WWE had going at the time. The guy was pretty damn good at the character he was.

Balls Mahoney was okay, but the time he spent with Axl Rotten ruined it for me. Balls was way to good to be dumped with a fucking lard like Rotten. Rotten can only bring people down, and that's what he did to Mahoney in my opinion.

25. Shocky

Abyss. Abyss is incredibly athletic for a man his size and makes the Abyss character work. The guy is balls to the wall and pretty much fucking insane to boot in the ring. The size of the guy is ridiculous, and he would do well with a jump to the "E" in my opinion.

Hero is good, but again, the size difference is just to much. I've always liked the philosophy that was in boxing, a good big man will beat a great small guy every day of the week.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.